Re: UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Post by MrBug708 »

azgreg wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Cody Riley is going to test the waters
Is that a basketball player?
One of the shoplifters I believe.
He knows, He's probably discussed him at length in this thread...haha

He was thought to have been a one and done, but not being able to play complicates things. Plus there are going to be a lot of bigs on the roster next year
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

azgreg wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Is that a basketball player?
One of the shoplifters I believe.
One shoplift and done
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

He'll do as well as the people on the Titanic who didn't make a lifeboat.

Too soon?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So Cody Riley is a basketball player. Got it. Hadn't heard of him.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

And the least surprising news of the day:

LaVar Ball Pulling LiAngelo and LaMelo Out of Lithuania: 'I Just Didn't Get Along With the Coach'

http://amp.si.com/nba/2018/04/25/lavar- ... c-vytautas
LaVar Ball has decided to remove his sons LiAngelo and LaMelo from Lithuania and return to Los Angeles next week with just two games left in the season for their team BC Vytautas, according to Lithuanian basketball journalist Donatas Urbonas.

"We're not going to waste our time," LaVar told Urbonas.

Last month LiAngelo declared for the NBA draft, but he has been sidelined recently with an ankle injury, while LaMelo has had trouble getting much playing time later in the season, according to Urbonas.

According to Urbonas, LaVar said they decided to shut down LiAngelo so he could prepare for the NBA draft combine and pre-draft workouts. Additionally, LaVar was also upset with LaMelo's minutes, according to Urbonas.

LaVar told Urbonas he was happy with Lithuania as a whole and the people as well as the BC Vytautas organization, but he "just didn't get along with the coach."

"Coach ruined everything and he'll have to pay the price that Melo is not coming back," LaVar told Urbonas.

LiAngelo averaged 12.6 points while playing about 22 minutes per game and LaMelo posted just 6.5 points per contest in 12 minutes of action while shooting 26.8 percent from the field.

As if this situation was lacking drama, BC Vytautas is trying to fight off relegation in its final games of the season.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Beachcat97 wrote:So Cody Riley is a basketball player. Got it. Hadn't heard of him.
It's been painfully obvious you don't really follow basketball, so I'm not sure why we needed this much needed proclamation
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:And the least surprising news of the day:

LaVar Ball Pulling LiAngelo and LaMelo Out of Lithuania: 'I Just Didn't Get Along With the Coach'

http://amp.si.com/nba/2018/04/25/lavar- ... c-vytautas
LaVar Ball has decided to remove his sons LiAngelo and LaMelo from Lithuania and return to Los Angeles next week with just two games left in the season for their team BC Vytautas, according to Lithuanian basketball journalist Donatas Urbonas.

"We're not going to waste our time," LaVar told Urbonas.

Last month LiAngelo declared for the NBA draft, but he has been sidelined recently with an ankle injury, while LaMelo has had trouble getting much playing time later in the season, according to Urbonas.

According to Urbonas, LaVar said they decided to shut down LiAngelo so he could prepare for the NBA draft combine and pre-draft workouts. Additionally, LaVar was also upset with LaMelo's minutes, according to Urbonas.

LaVar told Urbonas he was happy with Lithuania as a whole and the people as well as the BC Vytautas organization, but he "just didn't get along with the coach."

"Coach ruined everything and he'll have to pay the price that Melo is not coming back," LaVar told Urbonas.

LiAngelo averaged 12.6 points while playing about 22 minutes per game and LaMelo posted just 6.5 points per contest in 12 minutes of action while shooting 26.8 percent from the field.

As if this situation was lacking drama, BC Vytautas is trying to fight off relegation in its final games of the season.
Way to teach your sons how to finish something you started. Didn't he pull him out of HS early? what about college? and now the pros (Europe)? Either way, who would want to hire that type of commitment to your organization. Like they say, it's all about potential, question is do either of his sons have any NBA potential?

I wouldn't bother!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
mrqsjhnsnsux

Post by mrqsjhnsnsux »

Too bad LaVar couldn't have pulled out early the other three times
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

MrBug708 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:So Cody Riley is a basketball player. Got it. Hadn't heard of him.
It's been painfully obvious you don't really follow basketball, so I'm not sure why we needed this much needed proclamation
I mainly follow Pac 12. Not sure how many of us know the names of obscure players on opposing teams.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
I mainly follow Pac 12. Not sure how many of us know the names of obscure players on opposing teams.
Not many Arizona fans have over 300 posts in this thread about ucla either, but here we sit
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

mrqsjhnsnsux wrote:Too bad LaVar couldn't have pulled out early the other three times
:lol:

I forgot we had a Ball family thread. Sorry, Bug.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

mrqsjhnsnsux wrote:Too bad LaVar couldn't have pulled out early the other three times
That escalated quickly.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
That escalated quickly.
You misspelled “ejaculated”.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
That escalated quickly.
You misspelled “ejaculated”.
I don't care who you are, that is funny!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

What will it take for this thread title to be changed? UA being given the death penalty by the NCAA? Usually when a program hits rock bottom, it gets a little embarrassing to poke fun at the potential 2018-2019 Pac-12 champion and perennial frontrunner in the conference for the foreseeable future. :oops: :oops:
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:What will it take for this thread title to be changed? UA being given the death penalty by the NCAA? Usually when a program hits rock bottom, it gets a little embarrassing to poke fun at the potential 2018-2019 Pac-12 champion and perennial frontrunner in the conference for the foreseeable future. :oops: :oops:
UCLA, Kansas, and every other remotely major program is just as deserving of a death penalty.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Kansas is on notice. They have had two guys last year. One who was so dumb he wrecked a car he couldn't afford and Kansas couldn't ignore and another that played all season. Then of course their is Josh Jaskson the year before. Adidas execs are starting to sing and then it will get ugly.

For last year alone I expect the penalties to be lost of the final four and removal of any monies received from the NCAA tournament and removal of any record that you made the tournament so that continuous streak is gone. In conference you will forfeit any games he played in and also lose the conference championship streak. They do not name a new champion they simply will show a blank. That punishment is firmly established. Welcome to the new world Jawhawks..... and strap on because Bill's wig will be spining when all is said and done.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

enfuego wrote:What will it take for this thread title to be changed? UA being given the death penalty by the NCAA? Usually when a program hits rock bottom, it gets a little embarrassing to poke fun at the potential 2018-2019 Pac-12 champion and perennial frontrunner in the conference for the foreseeable future. :oops: :oops:
I say we don't change it in till they unload Alford, win 2 conference tourneys in a row, or win 3 conf regular season titles out of 5 years.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Rock bottom LOL.

That would be Kansas football.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
UCLA, Kansas, and every other remotely major program is just as deserving of a death penalty.
None of this has touched UCLA. I get that it would be a minor surprise if we didn't eventually, but deserving is probably reserved for those schools who ended up being low hanging fruit.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If I’m a fan of a current or former Adidas school, I’m uncomfortable right now.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

If say the guys to get ucla in trouble are the Celtics kids under Howland or Looney. Or Grace is a real scumbag, hiding behind his honor as a vet, claiming he would never do that and he was the recruiter. I do wonder of the botched Shabazz case probably gets the NCAA to leave us mostly alone.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Buyout is 3.6 million now
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

4* PF Jaime Jaquez commits to ucla. He is in the 2019 class
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Yawn.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You have to wait way more than 20 minutes to post “Yawn”. Otherwise it just looks unintentionally ironic.

Maybe let 12-24 hours go by with no response from anyone else before you pretend you don’t care.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:You have to wait way more than 20 minutes to post “Yawn”. Otherwise it just looks unintentionally ironic.

Maybe let 12-24 hours go by with no response from anyone else before you pretend you don’t care.
Point taken. Bottom line: I don't think Pac teams are too broken up about Alford getting this middling recruit.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Legacy kid, Jake Kyman, has committed to ucla.

We now have three commits for 2019 despite not having a scholarship available
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Chicat wrote:You have to wait way more than 20 minutes to post “Yawn”. Otherwise it just looks unintentionally ironic.

Ruins the irony though
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

So things are lookin dicey for next year, but at least Alford will be in his swan song
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Apparently this year is not looking good right now..Shareef is not yet eligible and three other players are seriously considering going to the NBA...

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Arti ... -118432029#" target="_blank
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Well I'm glad our roster fell apart while there was still something Miller could do about it.
-Norlander.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Well damn, Riley, Hands, and Wilkes all return
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:Well damn, Riley, Hands, and Wilkes all return
Alford has some talent to work with. I'm not convinced that is Alford's strong suit.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

No, but we run the danger of pulling a Howland where we win the PAC-12 and flame out. Only I'm not sure DG has the gall to fire him with a year before retirement.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I look forward to UCLA’s future 4th place finish.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:I look forward to UCLA’s future 4th place finish.
This.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Someone took Chi's advice and stayed away for a bit
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:Someone took Chi's advice and stayed away for a bit
If nothing else, this community is all about personal growth.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
If nothing else, this community is all about personal growth.
True, I partially credit this place turning me from an apathetic faux conservative Republican into a raging bleeding heart liberal.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Someone didn’t address the substance of Chi’s post and instead played the troll card. Trollers gonna troll.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Someone didn’t address the substance of Chi’s post and instead played the troll card. Trollers gonna troll.
Where he responded to my statement about Alford not being a good coach?

Oh, you were speaking about yourself, got it.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I mean there's plenty of solace for UCLA fans this year. If Alford can't win anything if substance this year then it's likely his swan song.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Yikes!
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Always seemed like a trouble soul, tho the drugs probably didn't help
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Holy shit.

Glad no one else was hurt. I feel for his family.