UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bangkok Wildcat

Re: UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

84Cat wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:02 pm Maybe this win gets Bobby an extension
Ha ha…was thinking the exact same thing and one of the two silver linings to the Scummies win today! BTFD.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Welp. . . Monday is gonna be interesting. Scummies used a lot of energy here. . .but on the gripping hand by winning they have gained some confidence. Annoying.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bruins have to have dropped to a 3 seed… or lower.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Mick to the radio clowns: "I don't even know who I'm coaching right now." He's really running his players down. Riley. Campbell. Bernard. Ragging on them like it's his job.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Lots of basketball left but it gives us a two game lead which playing three on the road next week we might need. I think I saw on the third road game teams in the PAC are losing 80%.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I guess that was Mickey Boy's version of "Rat Poison". But Damn. I thought Bell Self was guilty of public shaming of his team. He's met his match in Mickey Boy.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

LOL WUT
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Of course this result helps us tremendously but in reality it really hurts the conference and you can chalk up this loss to the schedule makers.

No way they lose if they played Thursday. You could see how not having the UCLA/AZ game on Saturday impacted both teams play.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:30 pm Of course this result helps us tremendously but in reality it really hurts the conference and you can chalk up this loss to the schedule makers.

No way they lose if they played Thursday. You could see how not having the UCLA/AZ game on Saturday impacted both teams play.
Totally agree about the conference fucking things up, Pac 12 is terrible and has been for a while, I'm not sure how we remain a power conference if this trend continues...

However I don't feel the least bit bad that UCLA leaves the state with 2 losses...the conference has favored them and let them turn in homework late while penalizing just about everyone else.

UCLA is in trouble in more ways than basketball the entire AD is under water financially...and the conference keeps trying to bail them out...

They can only keep rigins Woodens coattails for so long at some point they need to get fans back in the house or hire someone who can.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I went to bed early and missed all the fun.

Thanks for wearing ASU down for us- UCLA
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Brian Jeffries is great, and he's a fan like we all are, but compared to the Bruins radio homers he has the detachment of a neurosurgeon. They whined about every. fucking. call. Every. fucking. no-call. They moaned about the crowd and the security and the Curtain ad infinitum. And then when Mickey Boy came over for his post game enema he cemented himself as Queen Bitch of the Universe. He began with an intro about himself and how obviously none of this was on him and how he had been subjected to two Arizona courts with no security, how he had been bumped numerous times trying to bravely get over to the radio bench ..... and then he called out at least four players by name and by specific failure. If anyone knows a way to recapture that world class stretch of miserable player shaming it would be a service to all to enshrine it. It was a thing of beauty.

~ Wilhoit's Law
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I mean, when your player gets hit by a foreign object during the course of the game (yes, I'm aware of the Irony with Mac), I suspect any coach would be upset. Compounded that with the court storming and getting bumped into (yes, win the game and it doesnt happen) and the general poor performance all around, I'd expect any coach to be pissed off. The rest of your post is just personal cathartic joy, you can have have the fantasy ;)

I think Mick really did push the wrong buttons for yesterdays game. The team had a practice beforehand where it was a lot of running. I think it was partially done as some punishment for what happened at the game and partially because of effort. And while he's usually money on getting the team to do what he wants to do, it clearly didn't work and it was compounded by a triple overtime game. But I dont think he does it if the team playing in the next game wasnt named Arizona State (or probably Cal/OSU). So by doing that, he may have inadvertently looked ahead of Arizona State.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

More than just personal cathartic joy, the game was a relentless fully tumescent grave-dancing Thunderdome futanari orgasm. I'm really quite tired.

~ Wilhoit's Law
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I went to sleep early and missed all of the drama and fun.
I’m going to find a replay
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Thank you to all of you posting in this thread last night. I was lying in bed watching the game, trying to stay awake for the sake of the joy it was bringing me, along with all of your posts. I was too sleepy to log in and post, but it was a perfect joy to share. I succumbed to slumber at the start of the third overtime, and woke up at 2:20 am to check the score.

I was disappointed ASU didn't lose, but it was all perfect in its own way. God bless each and every one of you.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

So at UCLA when a player commits an egregious act they are "Counseled" instead of punished.

How cute.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If I was 19 and my parents caught me spitting on someone... it wouldn't be hugs and love I would be feeling from them.

What a fucked up thing to say
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

dmjcat wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:41 pm So at UCLA when a player commits an egregious act they are "Counseled" instead of punished.

How cute.
So as a parent, you should ground him for two months of not being with the team during games, especially on the road. Wouldn’t hurt to have him write a 5000 word essay on “The dangers of spitting at fans on the road during the Covid Era” with references and footnotes.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Surprised Mick didn’t demand that all fans in that section have to go to counseling too and that all future games at UA be played in front of no fans at all.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

dmjcat wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:41 pm So at UCLA when a player commits an egregious act they are "Counseled" instead of punished.

How cute.
Here is the rest of the statement.
"So right now, that's what I'm trying to do with him and by the time he's back on our bench, he'll full know the responsibility that goes with that, that goes with being on our team, being a part of it, the way you gotta represent our university. "
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Did he get suspended?

Very touching from compassionate Mic.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

The wing rotation can't hit a basket and Riley is mostly dead at this point. USC wants it more, Peterson is ripping them apart.
Bangkok Wildcat

UCLA about to go down at U$C! Wow…@USC is no joke and will be another good test for us.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

DIE TROLLOPS! DIE! DIE! FUCKING DIE!

~ Wilhoit's Law
Bangkok Wildcat

How hard is it to work a stupid clock????
Bangkok Wildcat

USC got screwed with that Tech!
Bangkok Wildcat

And UCLA loses! Wow.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

It's hard to imagine a more ridiculous culture than Pac-12 reffing.

~ Wilhoit's Law
97cats

Post by 97cats »

wow
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's a shame.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Shot 30%. Jacquez and Juzang a combined 6 of 27 (22.2%) - won't beat anybody with that.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I like knowing that I still get under RC97's skin to where he downvotes me in every post :lol:
Bangkok Wildcat

MrBug708 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:22 pm I like knowing that I still get under RC97's skin to where he downvotes me in every post :lol:
Ok, I’ll bite….Who is “RC97”?
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:25 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:22 pm I like knowing that I still get under RC97's skin to where he downvotes me in every post :lol:
Riverside Cat. Although at the start it was Riverside Bruin.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

He was bragging about his house in Riverside and took the name Beachcat for some bizarre reason. He was a UCLA fanboy at times on the old board and would jump on the cats when they had a.goos year and would bail when the struggled. He was caught in a couple of other lies on goazcats as well. The board migration and posters moving on has been kinder. But I still like seeing his bullshit get posted. He finally stopped posting and decided to neg rep me for instead. He used to reply with Heh all the time in posts too, as a weird shout-out to me laughing and not taking his bait with Heh.

He's kind of a long time caricature. I enjoy it.
Bangkok Wildcat

MrBug708 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:32 pm
He was bragging about his house in Riverside and took the name Beachcat for some bizarre reason. He was a UCLA fanboy at times on the old board and would jump on the cats when they had a.goos year and would bail when the struggled. He was caught in a couple of other lies on goazcats as well. The board migration and posters moving on has been kinder. But I still like seeing his bullshit get posted. He finally stopped posting and decided to neg rep me for instead. He used to reply with Heh all the time in posts too, as a weird shout-out to me laughing and not taking his bait with Heh.

He's kind of a long time caricature. I enjoy it.
Thanks for the explanation…..was trying to find this “RC97” and thought maybe it was “BeachCat97” but I guess not….anyways, as I’ve said before, it’s cool to have you here and for so long…..I’ve always found your posts to be respectful and/or interesting….I think you’ve been here since the beginning same as me? Or at least the early days from the GoAzCats site.

In any case, it’s cool to have a Bruin on this site. Peace.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I was even the Arch rivals moderator on the other board...lol
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

UofA apparently broke UCLA...Cronin still trying to get the pieces back together...USC's 2 biggest scorers didn't even play tonite...

Matt Muhlbach says UofA steals your soul...we let Washington get a big lead and then snuffed out their hope...
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

The issues go back to the Oregon game that we lost to at home. JJJ doesn't look healthy at all. Jules is completely lost. Clark and Singleton need to play over him Until he figures out why he is missing wide open shots.

In short,we look like we did last year when we slumped into the tournament
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Maybe it’s bad karma for spitting on people and then not taking any action for it?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Oh crap, did it happen again with another player besides Mac? That would be a huge problem with the program. I only one I saw was the suspension and counseling with Mac.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

MrBug708 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:37 am Oh crap, did it happen again with another player besides Mac? That would be a huge problem with the program. I only one I saw was the suspension and counseling with Mac.
There was a suspension? I never heard that. All I heard was Cronin offering hugs to The Spitter
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Alieberman wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:51 am
MrBug708 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:37 am Oh crap, did it happen again with another player besides Mac? That would be a huge problem with the program. I only one I saw was the suspension and counseling with Mac.
There was a suspension? I never heard that. All I heard was Cronin offering hugs to The Spitter
I literally quoted it above like 15 posts, but I'm assuming you only saw the first half of the quote because it was in tweet. Here is the second part of the quote, but in tweet So right now, he isn't on the bench. He can't play in any games because he's out for the year. Pretty much sounds like a suspension to me. Doubt you hear anything formal from UCLA until the hearing.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

In another crazy stat, Peyton Watson has scored 3 points on the road, the entire season. Ouch.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

So you are assuming he's suspended... but a suspension has never actually been announced, correct?

Or are we just in the Trump/Twitter era where tweets are now the law?

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything- I'm just curious as to what UCLA has actually done. To me it reads like "he's hurt, so we don't really have to do anything"
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I don’t have twitter so just reading what you posted and it doesn’t actually state he was suspended nor for how long. Just an inference to “by the time he’s back on the bench” which could imply the next game.

Is there an official suspension report out from the team? Something like the spitter had been suspended indefinitely.

Maybe so, just have not read it anywhere.