Goodbye UCLA

Sorry we went in dry tonight…
UAEebs86

Re: UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:40 pm Goodbye UCLA

Sorry we went in dry tonight…

Broomstick
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Sorry not sorry.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Oof. Glad I didn't watch a second. But maybe I'll go watch the game Saturday with my kid!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

MrBug708 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:44 pm Oof. Glad I didn't watch a second. But maybe I'll go watch the game Saturday with my kid!
Feel free to take out your anger on ASU.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:44 pm Oof. Glad I didn't watch a second. But maybe I'll go watch the game Saturday with my kid!
You missed watching a good basketball team for a change.

;)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:48 pm
You missed watching a good basketball team for a change.

;)
"Chicat is a cruel man ..... but fair."
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

UCLA may have written their own death sentence by joining the B1G for $$$$$.

How are recruits going to react in coming years when the attendance at Pauley is 8000 Michigan State fans (or insert any other B1G name here) and 3000 UCLA fans???

I can't see any top players wanting to go there.......especially with the Napolean Complex they have coaching
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

i just want to see a lonely mick in a vegas food court next week, herb sendek style
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

dmjcat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:57 pm UCLA may have written their own death sentence by joining the B1G for $$$$$.

How are recruits going to react in coming years when the attendance at Pauley is 8000 Michigan State fans (or insert any other B1G name here) and 3000 UCLA fans???

I can't see any top players wanting to go there.......especially with the Napolean Complex they have coaching
USC Is the only game to consistently sell out at Pauley, which is a shame it's not more teams. Hell, Arizona's basketball team can't even make it to the arena on time :D But I can't see 8000 Michigan State fans flying out to Pauley for random Wednesday basketball game.

This year is shot. Next year Mick either figures it out or is fired. Or maybe the new normal with the AD is patience and he gets a third year considering Chip Kelly was quiet quitting for 6 years and we did nothing but give him a fat extension.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

MrBug708 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 pm
dmjcat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:57 pm UCLA may have written their own death sentence by joining the B1G for $$$$$.

USC Is the only game to consistently sell out at Pauley, which is a shame it's not more teams. Hell, Arizona's basketball team can't even make it to the arena on time :D But I can't see 8000 Michigan State fans flying out to Pauley for random Wednesday basketball game.

This year is shot. Next year Mick either figures it out or is fired. Or maybe the new normal with the AD is patience and he gets a third year considering Chip Kelly was quiet quitting for 6 years and we did nothing but give him a fat extension.
You are in for a rude awakening. The B1G fans support their teams.......vicariously.

Michigan State had more fans in attendance (in Palm Springs, California) than the UA did when we played them last November.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

MrBug708 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 pm USC Is the only game to consistently sell out at Pauley, which is a shame it's not more teams. Hell, Arizona's basketball team can't even make it to the arena on time :D But I can't see 8000 Michigan State fans flying out to Pauley for random Wednesday basketball game.
it's LA. the B1G schools have a decent alumni footprint, as most conferences do in any big city. i went to the smallest big ten school but the socal alums had some numbers.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

dirtbags wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:12 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 pm USC Is the only game to consistently sell out at Pauley, which is a shame it's not more teams. Hell, Arizona's basketball team can't even make it to the arena on time :D But I can't see 8000 Michigan State fans flying out to Pauley for random Wednesday basketball game.
it's LA. the B1G schools have a decent alumni footprint, as most conferences do in any big city. i went to the smallest big ten school but the socal alums had some numbers.
I won't disagree but every school has alumni out on the west coast. The good teams will get out the fans for sure, but his mental image of fans flying out for a basketball game was humorous.

Football will likely see an influx of fans out here for sure.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is Bolch about to turn on his BooBooBear Mick like he turned on Chip Kelly?

Always sad to see the captain of the cheerleaders go bad.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No matter what he does, or where he goes, Mick Cronin will always be outclassed. It’s just obvious.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I thought Cronin's post-game presser was:

1) a great recruiting tape for Arizona,

2) an invitation for five or more of his regular player to GTFO.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:19 am I thought Cronin's post-game presser was:

1) a great recruiting tape for Arizona,

2) an invitation for five or more of his regular player to GTFO.
Cronin is a terrible rep for his own program. He's uncharismatic, peevish, whiny, and he lacks self-awareness. Somehow he has fooled people into thinking he knows how to coach, and now he's got one of the most expensive buy-outs in the country. It's terrible for UCLA and great for their opponents/rivals.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UCLA fans are going to miss us.

No one in the B1G is going to give a shit about any of their programs.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:34 am UCLA fans are going to miss us.

Kansas is about to become our new ucla. And KU, very unlike ucla, has a robust and relentless fan base that will equal the energy of our own.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:42 am

Kansas is about to become our new ucla. And KU, very unlike ucla, has a robust and relentless fan base that will equal the energy of our own.
And I am fucking here for it. Bring on the flatland morons.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:06 pm
Beachcat97 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:42 am

And I am fucking here for it. Bring on the flatland morons.
Haha. We aren’t in Kansas anymore…for good goddamn reasons!!!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

What an awful 48 hours for Bruin fans. First we embarrass the men's team, now the USC women beat them in double OT in the final Pac 12 tournament. If USC wins Sunday they could steal the 1 seed from the Bruins.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

AZCatGirl wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:17 pm What an awful 48 hours for Bruin fans. First we embarrass the men's team, now the USC women beat them in double OT in the final Pac 12 tournament. If USC wins Sunday they could steal the 1 seed from the Bruins.
...and possibly support the U of A's hopes for a bid to the tourney!!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4RLwRhy ... hare_sheet
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UCLA/Oregon in a tight one
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

84Cat wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:16 pm UCLA/Oregon in a tight one
Altman > Cronin

By every reasonable metric.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

After lessons learned in the Euro chase, Mick Cronin lands Skyy Clark and Kobe Johnson in the transfer portal. Dominic Harris is likely to join them in the coming days. Ilane Fibleuil and Will McClendon have both entered the transfer portal from UCLA's side thus far. That's a pretty good influx of talent both defensively and scoring punch. Curious to see if Sebastian Mack decides to stay or if he feels like he was recruited over or not.
GlobalCat

Post by GlobalCat »

MrBug708 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:13 pm After lessons learned in the Euro chase, Mick Cronin lands Skyy Clark and Kobe Johnson in the transfer portal. Dominic Harris is likely to join them in the coming days. Ilane Fibleuil and Will McClendon have both entered the transfer portal from UCLA's side thus far. That's a pretty good influx of talent both defensively and scoring punch. Curious to see if Sebastian Mack decides to stay or if he feels like he was recruited over or not.

Isn’t Skyy Clark 28 by now?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

MrBug708 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:13 pm After lessons learned in the Euro chase, Mick Cronin lands Skyy Clark and Kobe Johnson in the transfer portal. Dominic Harris is likely to join them in the coming days. Ilane Fibleuil and Will McClendon have both entered the transfer portal from UCLA's side thus far. That's a pretty good influx of talent both defensively and scoring punch. Curious to see if Sebastian Mack decides to stay or if he feels like he was recruited over or not.
You need Mack to stay. Neither of those guys could be considered "recruiting over", Skyy had a great tourney against NCST but is streaky. Not sure of his defense. Johnson is a very interesting prospect to me and a much better catch. Guy is poised and can shoot of the catch really well.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/ ... 0065285509

Wonder if he would have reached a final four like Mick did or he would have still felt burnt out. He was basically taking the job until that lifetime contract offer came in
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

MrBug708 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:38 am https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/ ... 0065285509

Wonder if he would have reached a final four like Mick did or he would have still felt burnt out. He was basically taking the job until that lifetime contract offer came in
:lol:

ucla fan fiction is the best