Suck it, Bobby Hurley

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Suck it, Bobby Hurley

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Way to cost your team the game with the immature meltdown. I know there was a reason I didn't like you at Duke.

I hope you get used to U of A chants in Wells Fargo.
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Re: Enjoy it, Bobby Hurley

Post by ASUHATER! »

What a chode.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASU loves it though.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Asu loves losing, as long as their coach makes a fool of himself
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That is how to be a Sun Devil. Lose and act a fool on the way out.

What's with the hands behind the back tic? It doesn't actually make you invisible.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Embarrassing display by Hurley. Would never see Miller act like THAT, I mean sure he might yell and get steamed, but isn't going to run around like an 8 year old who didn't get his way.
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

Between the unicorns and that sideshow their students put on, and their rat turd temper tantrum hands behind back freak of a coach. I don't know if I was watching a College Basketball game or Monday Night RAW.

Pathetic but very expected from assu.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

thought the first 'T' was a blatant overreaction from the official
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So ASSU is having a stellar year by there standards and I. There new coaches FIRST conference game he get rung up twice and run. Classy to a fault. I guess if you want yo be the UNLV of the west and attract undisciplined kids he would be the coach for you.

Couple that with CTG inability to do some math in the last 5 minutes of there bowl game and it was one hell of a weekend for the clown devils
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

97cats wrote:thought the first 'T' was a blatant overreaction from the official
Just like the one on Zeus.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
97cats

Post by 97cats »

UAEebs86 wrote:
agree -- same official
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

The ref had to call the first one. He ran all the way down the scorers table yelling obscenities and acting like a total moron. Then he coulda got his 2nd T right after on the same game delay, because he stormed back and forth acting like a little bitch for another minute doing the same stuff that got him his first T.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Depends on what they said. Neither physical reaction looked like a T, but there's always the magic words.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Hansen was tweeting that that official has a quick trigger finger on T's before it happened.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I'm glad I got a seat across from their bench when they come down here. Watching Hurley will be worth the price alone.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
97cats

Post by 97cats »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:The ref had to call the first one. He ran all the way down the scorers table yelling obscenities and acting like a total moron. Then he coulda got his 2nd T right after on the same game delay, because he stormed back and forth acting like a little bitch for another minute doing the same stuff that got him his first T.
not what I saw at all on the first technical. Hurley complained about the block to which the AZ PLAYER seemed to push off and turned into his bench with body language and frustration and was given the extra curricular call I didn't think he deserved.

at that point, he started to really act like an ass
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It's hard to find video of the first because this one was so much fun. It reminds me, even having to be restrained halfway down the tunnel like he was going to run out again is hilarious.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketb ... -with-this" target="_blank

If I remember the first, he did have a shove it hand wave that wasn't great, although it usually doesn't draw a T.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

welcome to the Pac 12 dookie ain't it the truth?

wasn't he only down by like 5 when he got the T to get thrown out? or what? it was only like a seven or eight pt game with lots of time and they seemed to be getting a lot of homer calls. Probably inexperience on his part because they were def in it and I figured it would come down to the end. and what did he have to bitch about anyway? they got a lot of tricky tack fouls their way and were in the bonus long before us. His players really fought and played well led by Holder a really good player. Maybe he was sending some message but his players didn't deserve that sort of ending. Hurley
made it about him instead of his players. Dumb ass hat move.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Im not sure I have seen that in any form of competetive sports. At least baseball managers act like men when tossed. At least Bobby Knight threw chairs and scared you while you watched 1,000s of miles away on your couch. You know how I can replicate that behavior: I let my 3-year-old stay up two hours after his bedtime, let him engage in a fun activity, and then immediately tell him it's time to go to bed. It's the same thing. How embarrassing. He should have been tossed way before that. Then pumps up the crowd while yelling, "This is bullshit?" The first T was on a blatant foul. The second was not the right call, but you have your team playing foul mode and theres contact, what the hell do you expect? And then he tries to act like some tough guy who is going to beat someone up after he gets to the tunnel. Lmfao

I mean, this is the shit you expect from the most immature college player. A Marshall Henderson type dude. There is a big difference between getting rung up to send a message to the refs, your team, and your fans, and what he did. If Sean Miller did that I would be completely embarrassed and would never in a million years come up with anything to justify or excuse it. Should be interesting to see how hard the Pac 12 comes down on his ass.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Love when he was walking off the court and he tries to pump the crowd up. Then we immediately started to chant UofA much louder than asu fans. Good stuff.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

97cats wrote:
Just not good situational awareness. Earlier in the game, Tarc got his T for simply walking up the floor while he said bullsh*t. Hurley ran down the scorers bench screaming and cursing. Gonna get you a T every time, especially from that ref.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CBCat wrote:welcome to the Pac 12 dookie ain't it the truth?

wasn't he only down by like 5 when he got the T to get thrown out? or what? it was only like a seven or eight pt game with lots of time and they seemed to be getting a lot of homer calls. Probably inexperience on his part because they were def in it and I figured it would come down to the end. and what did he have to bitch about anyway? they got a lot of tricky tack fouls their way and were in the bonus long before us. His players really fought and played well led by Holder a really good player. Maybe he was sending some message but his players didn't deserve that sort of ending. Hurley
made it about him instead of his players. Dumb ass hat move.
Yes. The game definitely wasn't over when he got the first. It was a huge blow, and basically would have come close to ending it if York didn't shoot 2-4.

He had nothing to complain about. ASU got plenty of handcheck calls, then Hurley blows up the first time a few don't go his way.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Very disappointed in a promising young(ish) coach. He did not show any class at all.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASU got the 16 point lead down to 6 with over 2 minutes left when Hurley got his first T, if memory serves me right. They were really rolling, and UA was playing awful on defense, offense and shooting FTs.

Getting that T was really a momentum changer in the UA favor.

I understand the need for getting a T sometimes, Lute was a master at it. This was just about the worst time. Great move coach!
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

97cats wrote:
TheGreatCatsby wrote:The ref had to call the first one. He ran all the way down the scorers table yelling obscenities and acting like a total moron. Then he coulda got his 2nd T right after on the same game delay, because he stormed back and forth acting like a little bitch for another minute doing the same stuff that got him his first T.
not what I saw at all on the first technical. Hurley complained about the block to which the AZ PLAYER seemed to push off and turned into his bench with body language and frustration and was given the extra curricular call I didn't think he deserved.

That's what I saw, too. But not to interrupt everyone's fun. This reads like a 'Machina commenting on Sean Miller behavior' thread. I guess that is what rivals are supposed to do.

Other fan bases had a similar reaction to Miller at the P12 tourney a couple years ago, too. Did I mention that I love Sean Miller?

I never liked Hurley as a player and I still don't. He is used to getting every call dating back to his playing days. But IF I was an ASU fan, the only thing that I would be pissed/ embarrassed about is that his team had a legit chance to win when he got T'd up 2x and it was game over.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

He has no reason to bitch about the officiating. The pendelum was on their side there w the calls. There was a big swing on the Zeus tech and the blatantly ignored elbow to Gabe's face too.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:He has no reason to bitch about the officiating. The pendelum was on their side there w the calls. There was a big swing on the Zeus tech and the blatantly ignored elbow to Gabe's face too.
The Gabe elbow was crazy. I was expecting the call would be between ejection, most likely a flagrant, then maybe simple foul. I had not considered no call as an option.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I would agree with you Harvey up til the point he got halfway off the court and threw his hands up and said "lets go. This is bullshit." Like the refs cost them the game, lol. The officiating probably gave them at least a ten point edge when you account for Zeus tech, an ignored elbow to Gabes face, and multiple tick tack calls in the double bonus (and even the calls to get there).

From that point on, that cant be defended or compared to CSM in the Pac 12 tourney (and i know thats not what ur doing). This wasnt the UCLA game where we got worked the whole game, being T'd up for saying "he touched the ball," and then in the presser saying he touched the ball ten times. All that other "f the pact 12" stuff wasnt done on the court, on national television, and even then it pales in comparison to Hurleys meltdown and temper tantrum.
Last edited by rgdeuce on Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:He has no reason to bitch about the officiating. The pendelum was on their side there w the calls. There was a big swing on the Zeus tech and the blatantly ignored elbow to Gabe's face too.
The Gabe elbow was crazy. I was expecting the call would be between ejection, most likely a flagrant, then maybe simple foul. I had not considered no call as an option.
No Kidding. I thought it should have been an ejection but knowing the pac 12 refs I had braced myself mentally for a flagrant 1. When it fell far short of even that I lost my mind and I scared everyone in the house w my reaction
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bobby Hurley's crying toddler face is almost as good as Mike Stoops's.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:
97cats wrote:
Just not good situational awareness. Earlier in the game, Tarc got his T for simply walking up the floor while he said bullsh*t. Hurley ran down the scorers bench screaming and cursing. Gonna get you a T every time, especially from that ref.
again, the walk up the sideline you refer to acting like an idiot came after he was T'd up on the first one.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Hurley was also lucky not to get a T in the 1st half. Probably why in the 2nd he was T'd up so quickly.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EOCT

Post by EOCT »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
No Kidding. I thought it should have been an ejection but knowing the pac 12 refs I had braced myself mentally for a flagrant 1. When it fell far short of even that I lost my mind and I scared everyone in the house w my reaction
Amazing no-call on the elbow play. The proof of intention was the look right into Gabe's face just before he threw the elbow. Dude knew exactly what he was doing.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

EOCT wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Amazing no-call on the elbow play. The proof of intention was the look right into Gabe's face just before he threw the elbow. Dude knew exactly what he was doing.
Last edited by 84Cat on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

97cats wrote:
TheGreatCatsby wrote:
97cats wrote:
again, the walk up the sideline you refer to acting like an idiot came after he was T'd up on the first one.
Nope. Just watched it on dvr. Right after they called the foul on Gabe, he walked all the way down the scorers table yelling at the ref. That got him in hot water. He walked back, turned around, yelled more at the ref, then got T'd. Then he really lost it. Should have been thrown out during that tirade not there and not even been allowed to stick around for T #2.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote: ASU loves it though.
Same guys who said Stoops should quit because of his sideline antics.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He put his arms behind his back because the T was for being demostrative with his hands probably more then anything.

He knew what he was doing and it might have been quick but he is like rat face, he gets whiney when he us getting his,ass beat. Clown
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

EOCT wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Yeah, don't get the refs on this one. Did they watch the replay? The one that I saw was clearly a flagrant foul. Maybe I don't understand the rules.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

HiCat wrote:
EOCT wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Yeah, don't get the refs on this one. Did they watch the replay? The one that I saw was clearly a flagrant foul. Maybe I don't understand the rules.
Elliott said the same thing as the tweets above during the broadcast, that they said Gabe didn't get touched. Which is also ridiculous. Gabe occasionally exaggerates contact, but no one is good enough to fake that contact on an elbow they don't see coming. He clearly got hit, it's just hard to see a glancing elbow...and the refs were questionable all day.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

azcat49 wrote:He put his arms behind his back because the T was for being demostrative with his hands probably more then anything.

He knew what he was doing and it might have been quick but he is like rat face, he gets whiney when he us getting his,ass beat. Clown
Yup. He was using rat face's tactics. But he forgot where he was and he hasn't built up a pedigree. (Eff rat face's "pedigree", but you know what I mean)
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Referee who called the technicals is John Higgins. He is renown for making the game about him and calling the quick technicals. He's done many KU games and we loathe him.

"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

You think Self forced out a baby carrot sized turd in that last poc? I figure he had to.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Self has some nce hogs jowls.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:Referee who called the technicals is John Higgins. He is renown for making the game about him and calling the quick technicals. He's done many KU games and we loathe him.
Well, if you hate him he's now my favorite ref.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He can be loathed by us fans but the ones who evaluate must like him as he gets a lot of big games and he works the tourney
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

And he's now in the PAC. Ugh.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

CST, he could be liked because he doesn't put up with the clownish sideline behavior of idiots like Hurley and Self
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

cats101 wrote:Love when he was walking off the court and he tries to pump the crowd up. Then we immediately started to chant UofA much louder than asu fans. Good stuff.
That moment I thought was the lowest point of Hurley's total tirade, when he turns around in the tunnel to give the refs one last tough guy stare down. Grow up Bobby Boy! It reminded me of some of the inbreds who don't take too well to losing a civil dispute on one of those day time court shows or finding out on Maury that, Yes, you're the Father, and the guards have to shoulder you away from the cameras. :lol:
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

So may great shots of Hurley having his childish rants.