Suck it, Bobby Hurley

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

WildHolcs

Re: Enjoy it, Bobby Hurley

Post by WildHolcs »

Don't know how the F he didn't get Td up. Midget, Duke, bitch boy was out of his mind for awhile. I love a dookie is coaching AssU...it makes a lot of sense. And it provides some type of multiplier for my hatred of each school.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Chicat wrote: What an immature schmuck.

Such a classy guy. Yep, wonderful role model. :shock: :P
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I still do not understand how that shitstain didn't get a technical last night. He was bitching and yelling even when the calls favored his guys.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Expect when they gave two techs to players
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote:Expect when they gave two techs to players

Never did see the 2nd one, but the one on Ayton was probably a good call. Hurley sure deserved one though, but calmed down after his warning on the attempted 3 point shot. There was another play where the refs gave the ASU player a 1 and 1 (which he missed) when it really looked like a shooting foul which Hurley didn't complain about.

TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Bobby Hurley is a perfect villain. We need characters like him to complete our entertainment model.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:

Never did see the 2nd one, but the one on Ayton was probably a good call.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

That's only a good call if there's a Cancun trip involved
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Never did see the 2nd one, but the one on Ayton was probably a good call.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
That was so weak.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

The tech on ayton was probably a correct call, but that .gif is a really shitty angle to show it from

if I could find a replay of the game online I'd tell you where to look, but the other angle from up high does show him shoving the asu guy out of the way with his elbow/forearm.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PieceOfMeat wrote:The tech on ayton was probably a correct call, but that .gif is a really shitty angle to show it from

if I could find a replay of the game online I'd tell you where to look, but the other angle from up high does show him shoving the asu guy out of the way with his elbow/forearm.
Maybe I'm old, but I remember when shrugging someone off with a forearm/elbow after the play meant the refs would pull him aside, yell at him to cut the s*** and play on. Good refs can handle a lot of minor situations without T-ing everyone up.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:The tech on ayton was probably a correct call, but that .gif is a really shitty angle to show it from

Maybe I'm old, but I remember when shrugging someone off with a forearm/elbow after the play meant the refs would pull him aside, yell at him to cut the s*** and play on. Good refs can handle a lot of minor situations without T-ing everyone up.
I agree with you Spaceman.....also why did you change the title thread??? I loved the ‘Suck It Bobby Hurley’ so much better.....that guy just a perfect fit for his guaranteed short stint at ASU. He will bolt as soon as he gets the chance. Guaranteed. BDB.
Bangkok Wildcat

Also, that elbow coming from anyone else but that Physical Specimen Ayton most likely wouldn’t have been T’d up IMO...but he probably scares the crap out of the refs, lol.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Ayton was fouled on the previous play. Refs thought the elbow was in retaliation, and being an intense rivalry game didn't want the game to get out of hand.

Saying that, you see players pushing off constantly. PJC a good example of someone pushing the defender away to get some space.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

What are the odds he jets after this year? Holder and Evans are seniors, his stock is as high as ever. I wonder if he'd end up at a place like Uconn, he could recruit much harder there.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

1stNGrant Frys wrote:What are the odds he jets after this year? Holder and Evans are seniors, his stock is as high as ever. I wonder if he'd end up at a place like Uconn, he could recruit much harder there.
He's an east coast guy, I see him leaving if a major program comes calling. He does have a really good recruiting class coming in, so he could stay.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

1stNGrant Frys wrote:What are the odds he jets after this year? Holder and Evans are seniors, his stock is as high as ever. I wonder if he'd end up at a place like Uconn, he could recruit much harder there.
Unless he lands a top 15-20 class with some studs he may leave. But I still think he'll try to be as successful as he can at ASU before trying to land Duke, whether that is this year or in 5 years.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:Ayton was fouled on the previous play. Refs thought the elbow was in retaliation, and being an intense rivalry game didn't want the game to get out of hand.

Saying that, you see players pushing off constantly. PJC a good example of someone pushing the defender away to get some space.
Also, ayton, if i'm recalling correctly, took a couple steps to meet the guy before elbow'ing him.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Irish27 wrote:
He's an east coast guy, I see him leaving if a major program comes calling. He does have a really good recruiting class coming in, so he could stay.
The 2018 ASU class is currently ranked #43 nationally
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Irish27 wrote:
The 2018 ASU class is currently ranked #43 nationally
Luguentz Dort is going to be a mofo.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I've heard rumors Louisville might be in the market for a new Adidas guy...
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I'm with you. And in rivalry games, they should be giving even more of a leash for stuff like that.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Yes, somewhere, but not UConn. Ollie is home-bred and already has a natty. He should be able to weather a few storms.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

DiehardDave37 wrote:
Yes, somewhere, but not UConn. Ollie is home-bred and already has a natty. He should be able to weather a few storms.
Ollie’s leash is a whole lot shorter than you may think. Lot of fans don’t like that there wasn’t a formal coaching search and feel like the only thing Ollie contributed to the championship was convincing recruits not to bolt and Shabazz Napier to stick around through the coaching change and postseason ban. What he’s done with his own recruits is less than great. Barely above .500 in a mid-level conference where he’s never finished higher than third and he’s on his way to his second sub .500 year in a row.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

As of tonight, one positive for ASU is alphabetical order, which places them one spot higher than Washington State among zero-win teams in the basement of the conference standings. Welcome home, Sun Devils.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Longhorned wrote:As of tonight, one positive for ASU is alphabetical order, which places them one spot higher than Washington State among zero-win teams in the basement of the conference standings. Welcome home, Sun Devils.
Yes - they are on top of a 3-way tie for the worse in the conference. Way to go Hurley!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:As of tonight, one positive for ASU is alphabetical order, which places them one spot higher than Washington State among zero-win teams in the basement of the conference standings. Welcome home, Sun Devils.
You're a cruel man, but fair, and herewith, an honorary Piranha Brother. Doug and Dinsdale would be proud.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Diablows finish third or fourth in conference, is my guess. Their fans will lose interest until we play again on Feb 15.
Bangkok Wildcat

dovecanyoncat wrote:
You're a cruel man, but fair, and herewith, an honorary Piranha Brother. Doug and Dinsdale would be proud.
Just wait until they lose at Utah....that’s going to be fun to watch! Epic meltdown coming for Booby Hurley.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
Just wait until they lose at Utah....that’s going to be fun to watch! Epic meltdown coming for Booby Hurley.
In that scenario, do they fall all the way out of the polls for losing three in a row? Or does road vs. neutral factor in. Because they only fell one spot losing to us last week.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ASU has lost two in a row. In each post-game write up Hurley has whined about the officiating. ASU vs. Utah should be a really good game. Utes got their mojo back after we boat raced them in the first half. ASU is reeling and is desperate for a win. So.....go Utah :lol:
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

The road trips are what makes the cream rise to the top. We finish our business in boulder and if ASU loses in SLC, we can kick our feet up re: ASU until Tempe. That's a huge blow to the psyche of little brother and to start conference play too. Always good to have whatever edge u can get, especially in the once in a generation years that ASU actually has a good team.
Bangkok Wildcat

rgdeuce wrote:The road trips are what makes the cream rise to the top. We finish our business in boulder and if ASU loses in SLC, we can kick our feet up re: ASU until Tempe. That's a huge blow to the psyche of little brother and to start conference play too. Always good to have whatever edge u can get, especially in the once in a generation years that ASU actually has a good team.
Little brother rgdeuce??? More like an adopted, little juvenile delinquent with special needs IMO. ;-).....I’m sure as hell not claiming familial, blood relations with that despicable institution in Tempe. ;-).

Good post otherwise though. Bear Down.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Stolen from the Michigan, Michigan St rivalry. Big brother always beats on little brother.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:The road trips are what makes the cream rise to the top. We finish our business in boulder and if ASU loses in SLC, we can kick our feet up re: ASU until Tempe. That's a huge blow to the psyche of little brother and to start conference play too. Always good to have whatever edge u can get, especially in the once in a generation years that ASU actually has a good team.
I'd put it another way. Adversity is the true test of a team and program. Everyone can keep it together when things are rolling. Good teams and solid programs respond well to adversity. See: Miller /Arizona after the Bahamas.

Weaker teams get on a roll, but when adversity hits, they don't respond. We'll see about ASU. This is their first true test of adversity.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Asu isnt clearly ready for having the target on their back and getting everyone's best shot. This is the conference play grind, and their fans and team haven't experienced it. If they survive with 4 or less losses, they're a pretty damn good team, if they fall apart, so be it.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

ASU is a good team, but top 5 and a one seed is a joke.

Top 15, 4 seed maybe....

possibly top 25, 6/7 seed.

We are talking about the Buffs. Wait until they see the California schools. AZ will take some lumps this year too but the media bandwagon just got so caught up on a couple of lucky early preseason wins.

Hype!
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

A police officer holds back Arizona State coach Bobby Hurley after a Colorado fan approached the coach as he left the court after overtime of an NCAA college basketball game against Colorado on Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018, in Boulder, Colo. Colorado won 90-81. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski) David Zalubowski, AP
LOL he was trying to fight a fan after the game.
Desperate Colorado out-hustled and outworked No. 4 ASU, posting a 90-81 overtime win in front of a lively crowd that stormed the court after it was over. Before he could get to the locker room, coach Bobby Hurley appeared to exchange words with one overeager person.

Colorado faces a possible $25,000 fine for failing to keep fans from storming the court before ASU could safely leave, a Pac-12 rule put in place in 2016. Hurley also might face disciplinary action for criticizing officials after the game. The ASU coach was upset about Mitchell's fifth foul, whistled with 41 seconds left in overtime.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 005953001/" target="_blank

It was funny, on that foul, their assistant tried to pull a hurly and run towards an official and bobby was the one holding him back. It was a reversal. I started watching this when Utah tied it up. It was more fun for those few minutes.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Gilbertcat wrote:Image
A police officer holds back Arizona State coach Bobby Hurley after a Colorado fan approached the coach as he left the court after overtime of an NCAA college basketball game against Colorado on Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018, in Boulder, Colo. Colorado won 90-81. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski) David Zalubowski, AP
Desperate Colorado out-hustled and outworked No. 4 ASU, posting a 90-81 overtime win in front of a lively crowd that stormed the court after it was over. Before he could get to the locker room, coach Bobby Hurley appeared to exchange words with one overeager person.

Colorado faces a possible $25,000 fine for failing to keep fans from storming the court before ASU could safely leave, a Pac-12 rule put in place in 2016. Hurley also might face disciplinary action for criticizing officials after the game. The ASU coach was upset about Mitchell's fifth foul, whistled with 41 seconds left in overtime.

It was funny, on that foul, their assistant tried to pull a hurly and run towards an official and bobby was the one holding him back. It was a reversal. I started watching this when Utah tied it up. It was more fun for those few minutes.
What a mental midget. You are the coach.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Gilbertcat wrote:Image

In fairness to Hurley, this is probably the first time he's ever had to deal with an opposing crowd rushing the court after beating one of his teams. At ASU, there isn't a ton of practice for this sort of situation.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Somebody needs to tell "Rudy" that he needs to practice more and to quit complaining.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

His squad lost two in a row, guess the AP voters will drop his team down to number five next week.
Bangkok Wildcat

MountainCat wrote:
Somebody needs to tell "Rudy" that he needs to practice more and to quit complaining.
That’s an insult to Rudy ;-). Awwww, I love Bobby Hurley at ASU....so easy to hate and it’s all upside. If they do have any serious success, he’ll inevitably bolt at the first opportunity and the program crashes back to earth.....or they continue their losing tradition now or later....it’s bound to happen and I’ll enjoy the show.

ASU sucks...always has and always will.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Nothing against Rudy. Just referencing a man against the world complex.

Hurley is acting like player and not the coach he needs to be. Complaining about rushing the court?? Guess he never had that happen before because Krzyzewski wouldn't allow it too occur. Not sure I've seen a coach look like he's throwing a temper tantrum continuously like him before. How he didn't get a technical at McKale us beyond me.

Don't think he has changed since the first time he played at McKale back in 90-91. I was at that game and also ran into them at the airport the morning after. With a my hoarse voice I yelled "Bear Down" getting all there to look at me. They couldn't wait to get out of town then too.

Can't wait for Utah to take them down Sunday in round two. Still can't believe he's ASUs coach. Couldn't be a better match for us wildcats to hate.
Bangkok Wildcat

MountainCat wrote:Nothing against Rudy. Just referencing a man against the world complex.

Hurley is acting like player and not the coach he needs to be. Complaining about rushing the court?? Guess he never had that happen before because Krzyzewski wouldn't allow it too occur. Not sure I've seen a coach look like he's throwing a temper tantrum continuously like him before. How he didn't get a technical at McKale us beyond me.

Don't think he has changed since the first time he played at McKale back in 90-91. I was at that game and also ran into them at the airport the morning after. With a my hoarse voice I yelled "Bear Down" getting all there to look at me. They couldn't wait to get out of town then too.

Can't wait for Utah to take them down Sunday in round two. Still can't believe he's ASUs coach. Couldn't be a better match for us wildcats to hate.
Hey MountainCat, just kidding about Rudy. I was at that game too!!! My last game before moving away.....That was incredible and don’t recall sitting much at all AND being so impressed that the older fans were very energetic too. Great game.

Good post and agree with all your points on CBH. So glad he is at ASU for a limited time :-). Bear Down.
Bangkok Wildcat

PS. Was it Buechler who dove out of bounds to retain possession in OT and save the game? Or who? That was the one play I can remember the most....and I also lost my voice after that game too....was so incredibly exciting!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:lol:

Enjoy it Bobby Hurley!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:PS. Was it Buechler who dove out of bounds to retain possession in OT and save the game? Or who? That was the one play I can remember the most....and I also lost my voice after that game too....was so incredibly exciting!
It was Muehlebach that saved it to put into the first OT. PS - Fans today have no clue how crazy games were back then. The crowds were even louder. Just watch the ending.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GWK-C68vU&sns=em" target="_blank
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat wrote:
Rules are not rules? They did it twice in 2 days