Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Suck it, Bobby Hurley

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Best year of his ASU career. 0-2 vs Arizona. :D :D :D
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Can someone remind me what Hurley's record is vs. Arizona?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Alieberman wrote:Can someone remind me what Hurley's record is vs. Arizona?
0-6 I believe
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Asshat
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

WHY DOES HE SHOP FOR CLOTHES IN THE JUNIORS SECTION AT WALMART????

Sorry, it bothers me.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

84Cat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:Can someone remind me what Hurley's record is vs. Arizona?
0-6 I believe
Don't forget to add in his winless record as a player.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

How does such a douche make it through a game without being ejected? It is amazing.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Such a chode
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Why did he take off his tie like as if he was 5 whiskeys deep at a wedding?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASU got jobbed by the referees in the final minutes of the game yesterday - on their home court. I'm surprised Hurley was able to keep his composure. I'm calling a technical loss due to the fact ASU was playing 5 on 8 the final minutes of the game. Travels not called. Time outs given to UA without possession. Fouls called against ASU which led to And-1s where no foul was made.

An objective viewer would agree.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck off
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:ASU got jobbed by the referees in the final minutes of the game yesterday - on their home court. I'm surprised Hurley was able to keep his composure. I'm calling a technical loss due to the fact ASU was playing 5 on 8 the final minutes of the game. Travels not called. Time outs given to UA without possession. Fouls called against ASU which led to And-1s where no foul was made.

None of those calls were bad.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:ASU got jobbed by the referees in the final minutes of the game yesterday - on their home court. I'm surprised Hurley was able to keep his composure. I'm calling a technical loss due to the fact ASU was playing 5 on 8 the final minutes of the game. Travels not called. Time outs given to UA without possession. Fouls called against ASU which led to And-1s where no foul was made.

Like I said, an objective viewer would agree. Do you not think Trier traveled at mid-court before calling the time out against the trap? He took 4 steps with the ball. ASU didn't do themselves any favors with bad turnovers and inability to hit point blank lay-ups and second chance put backs down the stretch, but if you think the referees weren't giving a big FU to Hurley with some bad calls, you're not objective.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Like I said, an objective viewer would agree. Do you not think Trier traveled at mid-court before calling the time out against the trap? He took 4 steps with the ball. ASU didn't do themselves any favors with bad turnovers and inability to hit point blank lay-ups and second chance put backs down the stretch, but if you think the referees weren't giving a big FU to Hurley with some bad calls, you're not objective.
Was a 2 possession game at that point but UA got lucky on it.

Good calls and bad calls against both teams. Missed calls for and against both teams. Was a fair game and the better team won. Period
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
cpt

Post by cpt »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/b5391be5-7 ... CY4Df.copy
Last edited by cpt on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Like the foul against Trier where the ASU player launched himself head first into Trier? Okay
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

They replayed the supposed Trier travel and even the analyst said it wasn't a travel.

Enfuego representing an "objective viewer" made me spit out my coffee...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

As a follower of Kansas basketball, you would know about late game collapses.

Save your excuses for March, you’ll need them.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Too bad you're not an objective viewer.

Some of us can actually beat ASU. Don't be jealous.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

With the season the Jayhawks are having, it’s no wonder Enfuego is paying such close attention to the league where Kansas would finish 7th...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Back to Hurley...

He really is the perfect coach for ASU. Here are the top 3 reasons why:

#3 He is probably the best coach they could ever ask for. He has certainly improved them and they are at least interesting to watch. He has them competitive each and every game.

#2 He is so unlikable. Sendek, Evans.... meh... they were really too pathetic to really dislike. I kind of felt sorry for them.

#1 0-6
cats101

Post by cats101 »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

The one thing I do know is asu went to Lawrence and beat the chickenhawks with ease.

Bug off loser.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

He definitely didn't travel. Even the announcers said he didn't after the replay.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Keep being wrong, you have a reputation to uphold.
KCF

Post by KCF »

My favorite moment of Bobby Hurley, game still within reach, call a time out and then spend the entire time out jaw jacking and mocking the ref and spend no time coaching your team.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

KCF wrote:My favorite moment of Bobby Hurley, game still within reach, call a time out and then spend the entire time out jaw jacking and mocking the ref and spend no time coaching your team.
Lol yeah I noticed that too.

Lol. Perfect for asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Alieberman wrote:Back to Hurley...

#3 He is probably the best coach they could ever ask for. He has certainly improved them and they are at least interesting to watch. He has them competitive each and every game.

#2 He is so unlikable. Sendek, Evans.... meh... they were really too pathetic to really dislike. I kind of felt sorry for them.

#1 0-6
He even has a signature finishing move, the S&M hands bound behind his back look. It's like he's being arrested by invisible police officers.

mrqsjhnsnsux

Post by mrqsjhnsnsux »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

#1 0-6
He even has a signature finishing move, the S&M hands bound behind his back look. It's like he's being arrested by invisible police officers.

I absolutely despise Higgins (not quite Kentucky death threat hatred), but I actually want him to ref these games. His quick trigger and need to take everything personally is great for getting Hurley tossed.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Go ahead and submit your petition for a technical loss to the review committee P.O. box. Please attach three examples proving a loss to the technical loss petition form. Please note that video and photographic evidence is preferred. Please include a check for $250.00 made payable to the Pacific 12 Technical Loss Committee. Once the funds have been deducted from your account the review will begin.

Reviews are completed in the order they are received.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

#1 0-6
Oh my God. He is the best ASU coach ever. On so many levels. Makes the games so enjoyable to watch especially a stressful one like last night. As a grown up I've learned to appreciate once-hated rivals, players, coaches, etc., but Bobby Hurley, God bless him, affords me a firm grip on late-80s early-90s animosity.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Hurley completely quit on his team in the final couple minutes. Did anyone else catch how disengaged he was from his players during that late TO? He had his back turned to the bench and was just waiting for a ref to lock eyes with him so he could keep screaming. Very professional, bro. Way to be there for your guys with so much at stake.

Not impressed at all with Hurley.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Beachcat97 wrote:Hurley completely quit on his team in the final couple minutes. Did anyone else catch how disengaged he was from his players during that late TO? He had his back turned to the bench and was just waiting for a ref to lock eyes with him so he could keep screaming. Very professional, bro. Way to be there for your guys with so much at stake.

He didn't quit, but he didn't set a good example. After the number of perfectly coached and executed plays which should have been turnovers were miscalled by the referees, he basically focused on calling out the referees because no matter what he would have drawn up, they weren't going to let them win. HIs frustration was warranted - from an objective viewer - but probably not a good look on national television. By the way, was that your first national broadcast?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck off again
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Unlike the one on ESPN where you lost to ASSU at home?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Quick question: how do I change my name to "objective observer" and tell enfuego he has his head up his ass?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Enfuego; you have your head up your ass.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Objective Observer

Post by Objective Observer »

UAdevil wrote:Enfuego; you have your head up your ass.
Dammit. Beat me to it. :(
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

enfuego wrote:Image
Hard to do either one with your head up your ass. One leads to decapitation and the other leads to massive rectal hemorrhage. But if anyone can do it, my money's on you.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

enfuego wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Hurley completely quit on his team in the final couple minutes. Did anyone else catch how disengaged he was from his players during that late TO? He had his back turned to the bench and was just waiting for a ref to lock eyes with him so he could keep screaming. Very professional, bro. Way to be there for your guys with so much at stake.

He didn't quit, but he didn't set a good example. After the number of perfectly coached and executed plays which should have been turnovers were miscalled by the referees, he basically focused on calling out the referees because no matter what he would have drawn up, they weren't going to let them win. HIs frustration was warranted - from an objective viewer - but probably not a good look on national television. By the way, was that your first national broadcast?
You never wanna go the full “Self” and the end of the game. You would know
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:

In your alternative universe does everyone wear assless chaps?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

enfuego wrote:

enfuego, you are such a liar. You’re on record here as hating us and cheering against us yet you call yourself an objective viewer? Zero credibility left....just own it and stfu.....unless you’re able to be honest.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Yes.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

enfuego, you are such a liar. You’re on record here as hating us and cheering against us yet you call yourself an objective viewer? Zero credibility left....just own it and stfu.....unless you’re able to be honest.
I can't root against UA and be objective? Why not? Can you be a fan and not be biased?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Yes.
Sooo, Bill Self in assless chaps is part of your personal porn collection ... I get that, given your proclivities, and I support your and anyone's personal appetites in that regard, but please don't share.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Let’s just say some close calls didn’t go in ASU’s favor.

Do you think Hurley’s antics hurts his team in getting the benefit of the doubt?
Bangkok Wildcat

Frybry02 wrote:Let’s just say some close calls didn’t go in ASU’s favor.

Do you think Hurley’s antics hurts his team in getting the benefit of the doubt?
Absolutely...just now getting to watch the game and here’s a really good example; About halfway through the first half Trier came close to an ‘over and back’ at half court BUT it was an easy no call and the Ref was right there watching. Hurley went ballistic and was all over the ref as was the crowd.

I’m amazed at how ignorant the ASU crowd is re: rules of the game...so far (only close to halfway through the game at this time), there were several obvious / good calls and or non calls against ASU yet the crowd was booing and Hurley whining. You tend to lose credibility really fast with that kind of BS.

The McKale and Arizona fans, in general, are more knowledgeable about the rules of the game IMO.
Bangkok Wildcat

OMG, at 3:41, 1st half, PJC driving to the bucket with Remy in full stride and PJC throws it out to the 3 point line and is called for an offensive foul? WTF? I literally played that over several times trying to see the offensive foul and couldn’t see any significant contact...additionally Remy was in full stride and no set position nor did PJC clear him out for a foul to be called.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Too bad you're not an objective viewer.

Some of us can actually beat ASU. Don't be jealous.
Twice, just for emphasis.