Lonzo Ball

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

NYCat

Re: Lonzo Ball

Post by NYCat »

TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Lavar better back the F off my girl Christine Leahy.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

She basically called him an abusive parent
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

He is.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Yet again, I will say that I hope Lonzo is a bust and yes, I'm hating on him because of his Dad and now it looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree.....mark my words....Come on Buddha and let's see some karma payback soon.

Now they want 3 billion, hating on women, Lakers only, diarrhea of the mouth, etc.....wish the media would stop giving these clowns the media coverage. Thank God they aren't Wildcats....I would be ashamed of these asshats.

PS. Edit, and yes, I get the irony that I'm actually spending my time reacting to them, lol.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

now it looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree
You keep saying that. What has he done that could be comparative to what Lavar is doing?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Said it before, here goes again: I'm so glad that AZ dodged the Ball bullet. Their most talented son got them a ton of attention and a 3rd place conference finish. Not exactly historic.

Lavar sounds more and more like Trump every time he speaks: thin-skinned, pompous, attention-seeking, entirely unaware of how others see him. And toxic to any environment he inhabits.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Beachcat97 wrote:Said it before, here goes again: I'm so glad that AZ dodged the Ball bullet. Their most talented son got them a ton of attention and a 3rd place conference finish. Not exactly historic.

Lavar sounds more and more like Trump every time he speaks: thin-skinned, pompous, attention-seeking, entirely unaware of how others see him. And toxic to any environment he inhabits.
If he's at Arizona last season, you guys probably win a national title, so it does for your narrative pretty good.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

MrBug708 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Said it before, here goes again: I'm so glad that AZ dodged the Ball bullet. Their most talented son got them a ton of attention and a 3rd place conference finish. Not exactly historic.

If he's at Arizona last season, you guys probably win a national title, so it does for your narrative pretty good.

I was thinking his dumbass dad may have been worth the headache cuz it pron at least gets us a FF, and quite possibly a ship soooooooo ....... yeah I'd take it if u can guarantee a FF
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Lonzo the kid seems like a pretty great kid considering what I have seen from the old man. I would take him in a heart beat. Makes me laugh at the NBA that the Celtics Lakers get the first and second pick. That shit doesn't happen unless by design in my book
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

MrBug708 wrote:
now it looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree
You keep saying that. What has he done that could be comparative to what Lavar is doing?
As I've said before, I respect you and value your opinion Bug. Ok, maybe I'm wrong but where has this grown but young man proved otherwise? Where has he actually stood up for himself and either respectfully disagreed with Daddy? Or said something humble?

I don't follow him and admittedly just the big headlines that Lavar Asshat Ball has made...which are numerous, unreasonable, obnoxious, disrespectful....I'm running out of adjectives here, lol.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong BUT I'll root against him because I haven't seen otherwise and anything that props up the cancer that is Lavar Ball is bad IMHO.

PS Edit: I wonder how detrimental Daddy's behavior is to the future Daddy's and their attitudes with their kids coming into college....Prima Donnas (sp?) like Lavar are bad for college hoops IMHO.
Bangkok Wildcat

Beachcat97 wrote:......Lavar sounds more and more like Trump every time he speaks: thin-skinned, pompous, attention-seeking, entirely unaware of how others see him. And toxic to any environment he inhabits.
BC, for someone who just went through a season ban, bringing up politics (which seriously hurt this board) isn't going to endear you to a lot here.....I'm over here in Cambodia for a few days R&R and I can't even escape the crapstorm that is our country on both sides of the aisle....please keep your political points to the proper threads.....

I wonder what the over/under is on you getting banned again within a year? ;-). Good grief, where are the rally tits when I need them AZGreg??? Lol.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

spiff said: Ehh, I've never been blown away. 1.72 assist to turnover, only 4.8 apg in 28.7 mpg last year. There's nothing that says he has to be the guy at PG. I think he would benefit from being next to Ball. He took 14 shots per game against 5 assists.
He's only 21. Just sayin that he's got the skill set. His head might be too much into alpha dog scorer mode.

Co-exist with Ball? You're probably right, but I think the Lukers could do better by trading either Russell or the pick. I think they'd get more value out of trading the pick, so I'd keep Russell and trade for a useful veteran. Don't know if they could get George for just that pick...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Puerco wrote:
spiff said: Ehh, I've never been blown away. 1.72 assist to turnover, only 4.8 apg in 28.7 mpg last year. There's nothing that says he has to be the guy at PG. I think he would benefit from being next to Ball. He took 14 shots per game against 5 assists.
He's only 21. Just sayin that he's got the skill set. His head might be too much into alpha dog scorer mode.

Co-exist with Ball? You're probably right, but I think the Lukers could do better by trading either Russell or the pick. I think they'd get more value out of trading the pick, so I'd keep Russell and trade for a useful veteran. Don't know if they could get George for just that pick...
George is a FA. If I was the Lakers GM, plan A if I'm talking about trading the pick would be to sign George as a FA, then try to package Ingram, Randle or Mozgov with the pick for a second star.

Otherwise, stay pat, pick Ball, try to get George as a FA, and roll out D'Lo/Ball with George/Randle/Mozgov up front and Clarkson and Nance off the bench. That's a legit playoff team with a lot of young guys.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Puerco wrote:

George is a FA. If I was the Lakers GM, plan A if I'm talking about trading the pick would be to sign George as a FA, then try to package Ingram, Randle or Mozgov with the pick for a second star.

Otherwise, stay pat, pick Ball, try to get George as a FA, and roll out D'Lo/Ball with George/Randle/Mozgov up front and Clarkson and Nance off the bench. That's a legit playoff team with a lot of young guys.
You sure about George?

https://theundefeated.com/features/lake ... ul-george/
Magic Johnson should work on giving Paul George more than a wink now that his Los Angeles Lakers have the No. 2 pick in the 2017 NBA draft.

George is originally from the Los Angeles area, can become a free agent in 2018 and is rumored to be dreaming about coming home to be a Laker. On April 21, talk show host Jimmy Kimmel asked Johnson what he would do if he saw George on vacation in Los Angeles. In a light form of NBA tampering, the Los Angeles Lakers great and new president of basketball operations winked several times while offering his flirtatious answer about the Indiana Pacers star.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Damn, I thought George was a FA this year.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Damn, I thought George was a FA this year.
Yah. I don't know if I'd trade #2 for George this year knowing I could sign him next year for free if all the rumors are true.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

If getting Lonzo as a freshman and winning a natty was guaranteed, contingent on Lavar grabbing someone from this forum's johnson and holding it for 20 seconds while the poster held the protoype for Lonzo's first sneaker while Lavar pitched the Big Baller Brand, who here would man up and take one for the team? We're gonna find Out real quick who is a ride or die Arizona fan
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:If getting Lonzo as a freshman and winning a natty was guaranteed, contingent on Lavar grabbing someone from this forum's johnson and holding it for 20 seconds while the poster held the protoype for Lonzo's first sneaker while Lavar pitched the Big Baller Brand, who here would man up and take one for the team? We're gonna find Out real quick who is a ride or die Arizona fan
Do I have to pay $495 for that?

Actually, that sounds like a better $495 than the ZO2.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

rgdeuce wrote:If getting Lonzo as a freshman and winning a natty was guaranteed, contingent on Lavar grabbing someone from this forum's johnson and holding it for 20 seconds while the poster held the protoype for Lonzo's first sneaker while Lavar pitched the Big Baller Brand, who here would man up and take one for the team? We're gonna find Out real quick who is a ride or die Arizona fan
Ah, nope. One natty's enough for me, thanks.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

I nominate one of the twins. You want to see a Final Four, here's your chance
Bangkok Wildcat

Still waiting for the Lonzo Ball defenders to point out material evidence that he is 'such a great kid' and not an asshat like his Dad......sincerely, I would love to see this as I originally thought he was ok. Otherwise I stick by my desire to see him fail and/or underperform in the league.

Of course I would be conflicted if he ends up with the Lakers as I obviously love Luke Walton!

Did anyone else see Reggie Miller's comments about him expecting the kid to have a big target on his back from NBA players due to Daddy?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Still waiting for the Lonzo Ball defenders to point out material evidence that he is 'such a great kid' and not an asshat like his Dad......sincerely, I would love to see this as I originally thought he was ok. Otherwise I stick by my desire to see him fail and/or underperform in the league.

Of course I would be conflicted if he ends up with the Lakers as I obviously love Luke Walton!

Did anyone else see Reggie Miller's comments about him expecting the kid to have a big target on his back from NBA players due to Daddy?
Er, innocent until proven guilty? Why should anyone have to point out evidence to you in order to refute your opinion, which is based on no evidence? You're the one who seems to be conflicted with strong opinions, so why don't you hunt for evidence yourself?

It basically comes down to philosophy. In the absence of evidence one way or the other, do you choose to believe a person is bad, or good, or do you simply choose to withhold judgement?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

"material evidence" yet you've provided none that he is like his dad. Lonzo isn't going on TV shows and repeating what his dad is saying. He's not the one out there pimping the shoe on every major market and trying to start fights with NBA players.

I mean, he hasn't cured cancer or ended world hunger. It seems like that is what you are looking for.
Bangkok Wildcat

MrBug708 wrote:"material evidence" yet you've provided none that he is like his dad. Lonzo isn't going on TV shows and repeating what his dad is saying. He's not the one out there pimping the shoe on every major market and trying to start fights with NBA players.

I mean, he hasn't cured cancer or ended world hunger. It seems like that is what you are looking for.
Ending world hunger and curing cancer would be awesome.....I agree with you on that.

So I guess he must be a great kid and I'm sure he's nothing like his Dad who is a really great guy too....... :roll:

I guess I'm just crazy to think that a Father would teach their kids anything at all or have any influence on their character.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Why, in your world, do both of them have to either be great people or terrible people? Why can't one be awful and the other good?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-lo ... f529dc1437" target="_blank

Pretty fair read on Lonzo
Bangkok Wildcat

MrBug708 wrote:Why, in your world, do both of them have to either be great people or terrible people? Why can't one be awful and the other good?
Last comment on Lonzo because I really don't care that much about him and am wasting too much time talking about it....I think I said it "looks" (i.e. appears) that he's like his Daddy Asshat because I hadn't seen anything contrary....then you and others jumped in saying he was such a great kid, etc.

Maybe he's the next Gandhi, or maybe he's Daddy Asshat Jr....time will tell. I don't know BUT I personally don't want to see Lavar Asshat be rewarded any further and therefore I'm not a fan of the Balls for all the obvious reasons (greed, stupidity, taunting legends of the NBA, etc.). Enough said and that is just my humble opinion.

And if you read any of the comments on ESPN, or other outlets, by readers / pundits after each moronic comment Lavar makes, I'm not alone. Enough said on this by me. I'm done.....but time will tell just how 'great' and ' 'wonderful' a character Lavar Junior is ;-).

Peace out.

PS Edit: Father DO teach their kids a lot....mine taught me to be an Eagle Scout, Order of the Arrow, get an MBA, service to country (US Navy), be honest, polite, and respectful, and a lot of other good habits. However I differed from him by marrying a non-ball busting woman but I credit that to her divorcing him while I was a kid.

Again, my main point is that Dads usually have a lot of influence on their kids and what kind of adults they end up being.....and that's why I'm dubious as to how Lonzo will be with such a dbag Daddy.....I hope I'm wrong and he gets the Nobel Peace Prize ;-)
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Looks implied evidence, which is what you were being asked to provide. Sure he could end up like his dad, but that's different than saying he is junior asshat. I dont think people would be surprised if he does end up that way because he is the son, but there is literally nothing that implies that Lonzo looks like he's like his dad. Lonzo doesn't say more than 5 words on his comments, which is literally the exact opposite of Lavar. That pure lack of self hype by Lonzo should be evidence enough that he's different than his dad
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Personally, I hope Lonzo is a great guy and ends up being tremendously successful. But only if he freezes his dad out of the profits.
Bangkok Wildcat

MrBug708 wrote:Looks implied evidence, which is what you were being asked to provide. Sure he could end up like his dad, but that's different than saying he is junior asshat. I dont think people would be surprised if he does end up that way because he is the son, but there is literally nothing that implies that Lonzo looks like he's like his dad. Lonzo doesn't say more than 5 words on his comments, which is literally the exact opposite of Lavar. That pure lack of self hype by Lonzo should be evidence enough that he's different than his dad
I'd rather be talking about my own balls than Bruin Balls but so damned happy Rawle is coming back I'll comment one last time on this.

I agree with you in that this hope he doesn't end up like his Dad but I think the odds are high against this. I can't imagine being brought up with such a tool of a Dad that Lavar appears to be.....You've made some good points but time will tell and with such an overbearing Daddy Asshat like Lavar it'll take a miracle for him to be 'a great kid' like you and others here have alluded to.

Will be interesting to revisit this thread years down the road. Take care Bug. Asta for now :-)
Bangkok Wildcat

Puerco wrote:Personally, I hope Lonzo is a great guy and ends up being tremendously successful. But only if he freezes his dad out of the profits.
Me too but I think the odds on this are extremely low (freezing Dad out). As for being a great guy, I'd be happy if he isn't a complete dbag as with a Dad like Lavar, being a much hyped kid hoops star, and soon to be NBA multi-millionaire it will take a miracle for him to be a great guy IMHO.

How the heck does he overcome 19 years of Lavar influence to achieve this? And where is Mom in all of this?

Bear Down Puerco.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

MrBug708 wrote:She basically called him an abusive parent
Why I have no problems with Lavar disrespecting her like that. If some bird without children made subtle accusations about me being a terrible or abusive parent, I probably would have said much worse than "stay in your lane." There are something like 20 million children in the United States living in a home without a father present. That is the case for more than half of the black children in the U.S., and that is a big issue with that demographic in a country that sets up black fathers to not be there. He's over the top, but at least he was there for them and spent countless hours with them and was at all their games. And yes, time in the gym DOES mean a hell of a lot to a kid who loves the game. My dad was an outstanding father, but I'd be lying if I said I did not wish he spent more time playing catch or playing a game of 21 with me. Those were the times that meant the most to me.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

rgdeuce wrote:
Why I have no problems with Lavar disrespecting her like that. If some bird without children made subtle accusations about me being a terrible or abusive parent, I probably would have said much worse than "stay in your lane." There are something like 20 million children in the United States living in a home without a father present. That is the case for more than half of the black children in the U.S., and that is a big issue with that demographic in a country that sets up black fathers to not be there. He's over the top, but at least he was there for them and spent countless hours with them and was at all their games. And yes, time in the gym DOES mean a hell of a lot to a kid who loves the game. My dad was an outstanding father, but I'd be lying if I said I did not wish he spent more time playing catch or playing a game of 21 with me. Those were the times that meant the most to me.
But what if you are a shitty and abusive parent and deserve the criticism? Just because someone is saying those things about someone doesn't mean it isn't sometimes warranted. And nice sexist term btw.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
But what if you are a shitty and abusive parent and deserve the criticism? Just because someone is saying those things about someone doesn't mean it isn't sometimes warranted. And nice sexist term btw.
I know you are a cowherd diehard but the point she was trying to make was making your kids play sports at 6 whether they want to or not, is abusive.

As a parent, nothing hurts more than someone implying you are a bad parent. It really doesn't matter if you are or not.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Not going to disagree with what has been said here. However, I was with her on this. If you're gonna ask for a F'ing $3 billion dollar deal from Nike/Addidas/UA you might want to think about marketing to women as a way to reach such lofty demands. You likely arent getting there without them. So to pass that comment off from her was what I had an issue with.

-Shane Battier
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

ASUHATER! wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
She have evidence for her assertions? And bird is sexist now?

And this isnt a direct attack at you, but I think it's nuts that people are up in arms about the sexism in all this and are completely ignoring the racial undertones. She played that "big bad scary and aggressive black boogeyman card" so well.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
Do you think Lavar Ball is going to mediate his response because he thinks he is a s****y and abusive parent?

On what level do you expect that Lavar shares your opinion about the type of parent he is?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

rgdeuce wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
She have evidence for her assertions? And bird is sexist now?

And this isnt a direct attack at you, but I think it's nuts that people are up in arms about the sexism in all this and are completely ignoring the racial undertones. She played that "big bad scary and aggressive black boogeyman card" so well.
Yeah I don't buy the sexism thing one bit. It's obvious his treatment of her was due to her words and not due to her gender. With that being said what did she say specifically that gives you the impression she played an aggressive black boogeyman card? I didn't see her whole segment, but the clip that I saw on twitter definitely had zero racial undertones.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

- The whole blond, damsel in distress victim BS. Not much puts more fear in a black man than a white victim screaming victim. When in America's history has that ever ended well for a black man? A weak card to play especially when it is played after she started the shit, twisted his words when she didn't get the response she felt she was entitled to (how dare a person of color or man talk to me like that).
- "What is your problem with me?" = Another form of "You people" aka problem isn't whites (or women or both), it is blacks.
- "They wouldn't want to work with you anyway because you don't respect women." = Because black men are incapable of respecting women, this is clearly an issue of that rather than him having a problem with just me.
- And when she makes it about all women and then plays up the victim card during and after the interview, doesn't that seem like the rallying of a lynch mob?
- Her "Are you threatening me?" after Lavar said "If you act like that, something is coming" = Hes black, so it must be a threat, he's probably going to get on the phone with his goons after this and shoot up my house. Clearly "something is coming" could not merely be him explaining the cold shoulder and response he gave her moments before.
- Misconstruing "stay in your lane" as a "know your role woman/get back in the kitchen" when that phrase has always meant mind your business/dont veer into my lane (personal business)/stop talking about things you have no clue about/etc. If there was any confusion, check the context.

As for her initial comments before he came on the show: Clearly he parents out of complete fear. After all, it would be impossible for three young black males to actually love and respect their father. It would also be impossible for a black male to be a good parent in general. So naturally, the only answer is they are scared to death of him. Of course, never did it occur to her that maybe Lonzo loves his father so much that despite his "involvement," maybe he just doesn't want to publicly air out the man who loved and raised him. Nope, black father here, has to be a situation of fear.

I could keep going on, but thats the main jist.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

rgdeuce wrote:- Her "Are you threatening me?" after Lavar said "If you act like that, something is coming" = Hes black, so it must be a threat, he's probably going to get on the phone with his goons after this and shoot up my house. Clearly "something is coming" could not merely be him explaining the cold shoulder and response he gave her moments before.
- Misconstruing "stay in your lane" as a "know your role woman/get back in the kitchen" when that phrase has always meant mind your business/dont veer into my lane (personal business)/stop talking about things you have no clue about/etc. If there was any confusion, check the context.
Appreciate the takes, but these two things do not align.

Furthermore, I think she made a lot of good points, but certainly understand why Lavar probably felt attacked before he stepped on set (based on her previous comments).

That said, she was an NBA sideline reporter for the Celtics, has a ton of contacts in the league, and (from my POV) felt like she was being brushed off from this conversation because she wouldnt understand the context, nature, game, ect., when that actually couldnt be further from the truth. Meanwhile, if I remember correctly, he did say something about hes willing to discuss these things (stay in your lane) with Colin but not her.

Based on Cowherd's NBA comments, she probably knows more about the league than he does.

Just my $.02. I thought the entire thing was a disaster.

-Shane Battier
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That's a hard pass Lavar. Better luck next time trying to coin a sexist catchphrase.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Lavar wishes he coined the term
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

So Lavar not letting Alonzo workout for Celtics?

He is going to kill his kids reputation
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Why I know it's all Lakers, you think Lavar would be intrigued by having Lonzo as #1. It's a pretty rarified group to be apart of it
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:Why I know it's all Lakers, you think Lavar would be intrigued by having Lonzo as #1. It's a pretty rarified group to be apart of it
It is surprising, because logic and reason are hallmarks of Lavar Ball's life plan.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Lavar Ball is a moron. Just pointing out the obvious.
Bangkok Wildcat

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Why I know it's all Lakers, you think Lavar would be intrigued by having Lonzo as #1. It's a pretty rarified group to be apart of it
It is surprising, because logic and reason are hallmarks of Lavar Ball's life plan.
Damn Spiff, I had hoped to stop posting in this thread or even giving anyone but my own Balls anymore attention ;-) BUT Damn, that was too hilarious! BTFD.

PS. Wish we could vote or give rep because you deserve it.