Lonzo Ball

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Jefe

Re: Lonzo Ball

Post by Jefe »

Chicat wrote:I'm really happy he's a Laker.
Cant believe Im saying this but Im going to enjoy watching the Lakers for once. All those Wildcats on the staff plus Lonzo, Kuzma and Nance. It feels like a whole new organization
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Chicat wrote:I'm really happy he's a Laker.
:lol:

I was hoping the Lakers would take Tatum, and then grab my favorite, the Rondo Man for the 1 or----now I'm dreaming---TJ.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What a dick.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Merkin wrote:What a dick.
Damnit. Just dropped a bunch of cash in an Adidas shop. Would've walked past if I'd known about this yesterday.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Rumors swirling that Lavar Ball will be named the new HC at UCLA soon.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just pathetic that one man, an asshat at that, can dictate such things. Adidas should be embarrassed and the the director of officials fired. No Adidas for me anymore
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97 wrote:Rumors swirling that Lavar Ball will be named the new HC at UCLA soon.

How great would it be the only person on the court not to be able to be assessed a technicsl? You could chuck the ball right at a ref's head.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Time for a Melo thread?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... 02263544=1" target="_blank
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

MrBug708 wrote:Time for a Melo thread?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... 02263544=1" target="_blank
I'm Disappointed that I have to deal with 3 more years of Lavar Ball dominating the basketball scene.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

97cats

Post by 97cats »

i just saw the video launch via SLAM and it may be the most ridiculous thing (along with the lamest thing) ive ever seen from anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

How is this kid eligible to play NCAA hoops?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

LaVar Ball on son's NCAA eligibility: 'If he can't play, then he can't play'"

@JeffEisenberg
NCAA source on LaMelo in above piece: Rules "allow prospects to promote commercial products prior to enrollment provided it is not for pay."

Wonder why they skipped Gelo..
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This pairing of the Ball family with UCLA is the ultimate sign of the times for UCLA hoops. So desperate to remain relevant in an era when better managed, better supported programs have passed them by, they're willing to ally with a family who stands in diametric opposition to everything good about college hoops. This would be like Notre Dame football offering a scholarship to Rob Kardashian plus two of his little sisters.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

UCLA sold its soul for one year of Lonzo and all it got them was the Sweet 16 and 3rd place in the Pac. UCLA certainly didn't want Liangelo and I'm sure could care less if Lamelo ever steps foot on campus, because quite frankly he's easily replaceable.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Why not just cut ties with the Balls? They would save some face, open up roster spots for more deserving players, and avoid the shitstorm of negative attention coming their way over the next couple years.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
What is it with Lavar, white guys and footspeed?

Also, it's not like Lonzo is a Russel Westbrook type athlete.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:Why not just cut ties with the Balls? They would save some face, open up roster spots for more deserving players, and avoid the shitstorm of negative attention coming their way over the next couple years.
You're proposing UCLA cut their Balls off?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Why not just cut ties with the Balls? They would save some face, open up roster spots for more deserving players, and avoid the shitstorm of negative attention coming their way over the next couple years.
You're proposing UCLA cut their Balls off?
Yes. They'll have to be okay without their Balls.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

At this point Lavar is handling it for them, so why worry? Gelo can ride the pine and Melo can never play in college ever.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
At this point Lavar is handling it for them, so why worry? Gelo can ride the pine and Melo can never play in college ever.
Totally. I just find it amusing that UCLA would stay in bed with these guys. UCLA sees themselves as a proud program built by Wooden, and yet they're fine letting the Balls use them to promote Big Baller Brand. Do you think these guys give two shits whether UCLA wins a Pac title? Not sure about you, but I wouldn't want these guys at AZ. Not even Lonzo.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Totally. I just find it amusing that UCLA would stay in bed with these guys. UCLA sees themselves as a proud program built by Wooden, and yet they're fine letting the Balls use them to promote Big Baller Brand. Do you think these guys give two shits whether UCLA wins a Pac title? Not sure about you, but I wouldn't want these guys at AZ. Not even Lonzo.

I don't think Lonzo is worth his dad either ....... but last year he would have been. Lonzo at PG w our team probably would have been the difference.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

That's a strange "what if" scenario. But to keep it somehow rooted in reality, we'd have to trade a player of equal value, which means Lauri. No way I'd take Lonzo over Lauri on AZ last year.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Beachcat97 wrote:That's a strange "what if" scenario. But to keep it somehow rooted in reality, we'd have to trade a player of equal value, which means Lauri. No way I'd take Lonzo over Lauri on AZ last year.

Neither would I. I'm just saying that I'd sell my soul to Lavar Ball for a ship. Nothing less. And then I'd tell him his kids are no longer welcome at the program. I wouldn't trade Lauri for him last year. We needed both for a ship. I might have traded PJC for him tho, and I'm actually a big PJC fan.

But again, I'm desperate for a ship.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PennZona20 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:That's a strange "what if" scenario. But to keep it somehow rooted in reality, we'd have to trade a player of equal value, which means Lauri. No way I'd take Lonzo over Lauri on AZ last year.

Neither would I. I'm just saying that I'd sell my soul to Lavar Ball for a ship. Nothing less. And then I'd tell him his kids are no longer welcome at the program. I wouldn't trade Lauri for him last year. We needed both for a ship. I might have traded PJC for him tho, and I'm actually a big PJC fan.

I love our chances for a ship in '18 or '19.

AZ and UCLA heading in opposite directions at the moment. They have a good '18 class, but they always have good classes. They need to hire a better coach and pray that Miller and Altman leave the Pac. If those two stay, it's going to be AZ and OR's league for the foreseeable future.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Beachcat97 wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:

I love our chances for a ship in '18 or '19.

AZ and UCLA heading in opposite directions at the moment. They have a good '18 class, but they always have good classes. They need to hire a better coach and pray that Miller and Altman leave the Pac. If those two stay, it's going to be AZ and OR's league for the foreseeable future.
When was the last time UCLA won the regular season title in the Pac? It's been awhile.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

any person in the free world who wouldnt trade one year of Lonzo Ball for four years of PJC needs to be checked into a secure facility and administered high concentrated medication immediately.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

97cats wrote:any person in the free world who wouldnt trade one year of Lonzo Ball for four years of PJC needs to be checked into a secure facility and administered high concentrated medication immediately.
cosigned with rep
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PennZona20 wrote:

I would trade 4 years of PJC for one year of Mustafa Shakur, and I constantly cussed Mustafa out. Especially if the one year was this year or last year.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Lauri is a big, Lonzo is a PG, how do they conflate each other?

Arizona landing Lonzo would've meant no Kobi (or Rawle). I'd take Lonzo over Kobi or Rawle.

I take my chances w Lonzo, Trier, Lauri.
Last edited by NYCat on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
Lauri is a big, Lonzo is a PG, how do they conflate each other?

Arizona landing Lonzo would've meant no Kobi (or Rawle). I'd take Lonzo over Kobi or Rawle.

I take my chances w Lonzo, Trier, Lauri
If it was Lonzo or Kobi, not only would I take Lonzo, I think you could talk me into a Misery type scenario to ensure we went with Lonzo over Kobi. In that scenario, I kidnap either Kobi or Miller until we get Lonzo.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: I would trade 4 years of PJC for one year of Mustafa Shakur, and I constantly cussed Mustafa out. Especially if the one year was this year or last year.
As much as Shakur was maligned, and deservedly so, his senior year was the best the UA had for quite some time from the PG position. We all loved TJ, but Shakur as a senior had more points, rebounds and assists than TJ did as a senior.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Heck, no Kobi, Rawle, Ferguson might entice Josh Jackson to come here w no wing on the roster

Lonzo, Trier, Jackson, Lauri anyone?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote: I would trade 4 years of PJC for one year of Mustafa Shakur, and I constantly cussed Mustafa out. Especially if the one year was this year or last year.
As much as Shakur was maligned, and deservedly so, his senior year was the best the UA had for quite some time from the PG position. We all loved TJ, but Shakur as a senior had more points, rebounds and assists than TJ did as a senior.
TJ was decisively better. Raw offensive stats are skewed by pace. We were in the 80's pace wise for Mustafa and in the 120's with TJ. Also, Mustafa played 35 mpg as opposed to TJ's 30, which also inflates raw totals. Pace and minute adjusted, TJ was better.

Getting away from raw totals, TJ was one of our best because he was excellent on D. Mustafa was never close to his level there, and that is half the game.

Finally, TJ's stats were depressed because he had a lot more scoring talent around him. Usage rate really didn't exist in Mustafa's day, but he didn't have to share with the talent TJ did.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

All I said is that I wouldn't have traded Lauri for Lonzo. I stand by that.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Good God. They have to put virtual social media into sports games to sell them now? I miss my NCAA football 03.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Lavar Ball is the face of UCLA hoops.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Beachcat97 wrote:All I said is that I wouldn't have traded Lauri for Lonzo. I stand by that.
Seeing as how you go back on what you say, im assuming you've already dealt Lauri for Ball
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

MrBug708 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:All I said is that I wouldn't have traded Lauri for Lonzo. I stand by that.
Seeing as how you go back on what you say, im assuming you've already dealt Lauri for Ball
That's cute, but no. Lauri finished higher in the standings, won a Pac tourney title, and beat UCLA two out of three times. So I'm sticking with Lauri.

Enjoy your Balls.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:
I'd rather try to acquire Lonzo as a retroactive free agent when his rookie deal runs out.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

That's great
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Omg...hilarious how quickly UCLA fans are to share any sort of good Lavar PR. Not a classy dude, that Lavar.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Melo Ball will be home schooled his last 2 years and not play at Chino Hills