Lonzo Ball

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: Lonzo Ball

Post by scumdevils86 »

Hey now, that's $602.65.

...which is about what I made working part time for $5 an hour at my first job in high school 15 years ago (Hollywood Video ftw)
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

TucsonClip wrote:Say what you will about his jumper, its not broken IMO, and it will be addressed this summer.
Speaking of broken
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Jefe wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:Say what you will about his jumper, its not broken IMO, and it will be addressed this summer.
Speaking of broken
I've posted this all over, but I don't trust Bryan Colangelo. Whatever the 76ers did to Fultz and his shot/shoulder is alarming.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

In their second professional game in Lithuania, this one coming against improved competition in the Lithuanian league, the Ball brothers failed to score.

LiAngelo played nine minutes and LaMelo logged just five in Vytautas' 95-86 road loss at Lietkabelis.

The two brothers combined for 29 points in their debut on Tuesday in a Big Baller Showcase game -- a five-game "friendly" series designed to play against second-tier teams featuring exclusively teenagers.

Vytautas coach Virginijus Seskus told ESPN he wasn't sure how much he'd be able to play LiAngelo, 19, and LaMelo, 16, in Lithuanian league games -- where the competition is upgraded and there are fewer players their own age.

In their first Lithuanian league game, which counts in the standings, LiAngelo and LaMelo spent the majority of the time on the bench. LiAngelo was 0-for-3 from the field while LaMelo was 0-for-4. The duo combined to miss all five of their 3-pointers.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2207 ... anian-game" target="_blank
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Lavar says Lonzo won't resign unless Liangelo is also signed by the Lakers
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:Lavar says Lonzo won't resign unless Liangelo is also signed by the Lakers
Then I guess either way the Lakers decide to play that, it’s “Bye Balls”.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

UCLA seems to be doing better since losing their Balls.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

MrBug708 wrote:Lavar says Lonzo won't resign unless Liangelo is also signed by the Lakers
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So all it will take are two-way contracts for the other Balls? It won’t matter how much money Lonzo makes?

That Lavar is one smooth negotiator...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Lonzo's middle name is Melania.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

If I'm a team, I draft Liangelo with the last pick of the second round and "stash" him in Europe and then just offer the minimum to Lonzo.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Besides the best part of this story (Gelo in the NBA), it's hilarious how little Lavar knows about anything contract related in the NBA.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

LaVar is negotiating with no leverage. He might as well demand a contract himself.

I feel bad for Lonzo. He has his dad threatening to hostage him over Gelo's sorry prospects.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Lavar is supposed to be marketing the Big Baller Brand. There's nothing marketable about unlikable.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Lavar Testicle is the biggest obstacle to his son's success.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Lavar is supposed to be marketing the Big Baller Brand. There's nothing marketable about unlikable.
LaVar is from the school of any publicity being good publicity.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

You’d have to pay me $199 just to attend this event.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:
Look, I know Lonzo's not the best looking guy, but instituting a no photos rule to protect the public has to be hurtful for him. I don't see why the organizers have to be jerks.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
I'd also like to declare for the NBA draft, and I feel I have about the same chances of getting drafted.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Some video of Gelo's workout with the Lakers

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8 ... t_workout/" target="_blank
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

After working out with a number of NBA teams ahead of the 2018 NBA draft, LiAngelo Ball has found a home — in the Junior Ball Association.

Per a release sent Monday, LiAngelo Ball will indeed play in the league started by his dad, LaVar Ball. He will also play on the Los Angeles Ballers team with his brother, LaMelo.

LiAngelo will make his debut Thursday in Ontario, California.

“I just want to win for the team,” LiAngelo said in a release. “That’s all I want to do, win. I’m trying to play ball, and I’m trying to get better every day.”
Was this part of the plan, dad?

Yeah yeah, all part of the plan.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/liangelo-b ... 05835.html" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SCCats wrote:
After working out with a number of NBA teams ahead of the 2018 NBA draft, LiAngelo Ball has found a home — in the Junior Ball Association.

Per a release sent Monday, LiAngelo Ball will indeed play in the league started by his dad, LaVar Ball. He will also play on the Los Angeles Ballers team with his brother, LaMelo.

LiAngelo will make his debut Thursday in Ontario, California.

“I just want to win for the team,” LiAngelo said in a release. “That’s all I want to do, win. I’m trying to play ball, and I’m trying to get better every day.”
Was this part of the plan, dad?

Yeah yeah, all part of the plan.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/liangelo-b ... 05835.html" target="_blank
Highlights of LaMelo in that league are available online.

The games are basically YMCA pickup quality and every team is named the Ballers.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

“The best way to get Lonzo out of L.A., I said, ‘I don’t like New Orleans. Lonzo ain’t going nowhere and the L.A. Lakers ain’t gonna never let him go!’ The first thing they do is exactly what I want them to do. They let him go.”

- Lavar Ball, Noted Liar & Bullshit Artist
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote:“The best way to get Lonzo out of L.A., I said, ‘I don’t like New Orleans. Lonzo ain’t going nowhere and the L.A. Lakers ain’t gonna never let him go!’ The first thing they do is exactly what I want them to do. They let him go.”

Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

Orange you disappointed Lavar Ball isn't running:

1. an NCAA D1 Conference?
2. a late night talk show?
3. for President?
4. a publicly traded corporation?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:“The best way to get Lonzo out of L.A., I said, ‘I don’t like New Orleans. Lonzo ain’t going nowhere and the L.A. Lakers ain’t gonna never let him go!’ The first thing they do is exactly what I want them to do. They let him go.”

Can you translate this into English?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:

"Ha ha! I made the Lakers trade Lonzo! They fell for my trap!"
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

"Ha ha! I made the Lakers trade Lonzo! They fell for my trap!"
Ok... now I can see that. But I really read that like 10 times and had no idea what he was trying to say. I mean... he's totally full of shit... but at least I can now understand his thought process.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The premise here is that the Lakers hated Lavar and Lonzo so much that they punitively traded them to the Pelicans which is an odd flex from the object of that supposed hatred.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

It could also be that Lonzo is good but nowhere near as good as Lavar wants us to think he is.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

LaMelo has signed with the Illawarra Hawks.

Illawarra is the poorest club in the Australian league. I take it that he was actually signed to the league's 'Future Stars' program (or some title like that) and then shopped around to the various teams to see who would take him. I guess Illawarra drew the short straw.

The radio show I caught talking about it spent some time talking about how it was a big deal for Illawarra - the city and region - but not the club. Its 'focusing international attention' on the area that really deserves attention. Yeah but what does 'Melo bring to the team I ask?

The reporter was then asked who is LaMelo Ball and why is he a big deal? He then spent time talking about everything 'Ball' EXCEPT LaMelo. Crazy Dad with millions of twitter followers, brother with millions of twitter followers, 'reality' TV show which might come to Illawarra and bring more publicity, etc, etc, etc. (Oh I fib, they did mention that LaMelo has 400k twitter followers and is 6'7" and still growing, right at the beginning of the discussion, and then never mentioned him again).

So Illawarra has a new publicity generator, but Gawd only knows if he can bounce a basketball.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Beachcat97 wrote:It could also be that Lonzo is good but nowhere near as good as Lavar wants us to think he is.
this
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

RichardCranium wrote:I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

LaMelo has signed with the Illawarra Hawks.

Illawarra is the poorest club in the Australian league. I take it that he was actually signed to the league's 'Future Stars' program (or some title like that) and then shopped around to the various teams to see who would take him. I guess Illawarra drew the short straw.

The radio show I caught talking about it spent some time talking about how it was a big deal for Illawarra - the city and region - but not the club. Its 'focusing international attention' on the area that really deserves attention. Yeah but what does 'Melo bring to the team I ask?

The reporter was then asked who is LaMelo Ball and why is he a big deal? He then spent time talking about everything 'Ball' EXCEPT LaMelo. Crazy Dad with millions of twitter followers, brother with millions of twitter followers, 'reality' TV show which might come to Illawarra and bring more publicity, etc, etc, etc. (Oh I fib, they did mention that LaMelo has 400k twitter followers and is 6'7" and still growing, right at the beginning of the discussion, and then never mentioned him again).

So Illawarra has a new publicity generator, but Gawd only knows if he can bounce a basketball.
Well we know he can throw it towards a piece of glass with a square painted on it.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

The headline in America is he still wants to be the #1 pick the the NBA draft...no, not kidding
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Does LameLo wear the same shoes?

~ Wilhoit's Law
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Lavar Ball trying to get Lonzo to put ALL his money into a BBB reboot after he already lost millions is hilarious.

Please, don’t let anyone ever compare my parenting skills to that moron.
What is me and Zo supposed to talk about? I ain't never talk to him about no birds and the bees and all that shit. I said, “I talk to him about two things: Big Baller Brand and basketball.”
:lol: