Goin Pro Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Main Event

Goin Pro Thread

Post by Main Event »

gumby

Re: Goin Pro Thread

Post by gumby »

Told they'd be first-rounders. Sucks for Romar.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 47597.html" target="_blank
Right where I want to be.
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

I can see Murray being a first rounder. He's got a lot of talent. Chriss on the other hand, is making a mistake. They both should do what the entire Kentucky team is doing and get evaluated before making a decision.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chriss loves himself more than any NBA exec or person on the planet for that matter.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Developed too fast unfortunately
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Haha, love it:

John Calipari announces that every Kentucky player will submit name for NBA draft

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/ ... snsports11" target="_blank
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That hurts UW a lot.

Calipari knows how to play the game.
az91

Post by az91 »

Zimmerman is entering the draft and hiring an agent. He wasted a year at UNLV to play for fried rice.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I hate Calipari. I'll be glad when he goes back to the NBA
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Calipari's a slimeball but u cant knock the hustle.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Diallo becomes the latest KU big guy to kill his stock during a year in Lawrence and hope a team will pick him anyways.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Kansas guys don't waste a minute getting that announcement out, do they?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Most definitely should have stayed at Kansas. But I think a lot of kids are feeling the hype for the '17 class and getting out while the getting's good.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:Most definitely should have stayed at Kansas. But I think a lot of kids are feeling the hype for the '17 class and getting out while the getting's good.
He's probably still gonna get drafted, but it's all on body and HS performance. What actually transpired on the court this year...he would have done better by taking the year off.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Selden also gone. KU may take a big step back next year if these next few weeks go our way w two certain decisions.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Oh..
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Didn't he average like 7 points this year?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Zero

Post by Zero »

And about 32 minutes of bench a game.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Zero wrote:And about 32 minutes of bench a game.
Guess we'll see if an NBA team falls for his Bird scores.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:Didn't he average like 7 points this year?
That's 5 more than Diallo. For real.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

With the media having a hayday with this D'Angelo Russell snapchatting, and consequently "maturity" becoming a talking point, I wonder if we'll be seeing so many drive-bys jumping to the NBA. No way Jacobs will get NBA minutes next year.
Last edited by CatsbyAZ on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

az91 wrote:Zimmerman is entering the draft and hiring an agent. He wasted a year at UNLV to play for fried rice.
Z has seen all he can see of Vegas at this point. He signs anywhere else last year, (KU, AZ, Gonzaga) he's a 2-4 year big man with a clear NBA spot someday. As of now Z is no more NBA ready than Tarc was at the end of his freshman year.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Zimmerman was always a prima donna and never the savior of any program.

This watered-down draft is going to have the most undrafted early declarations ever.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Is college really that bad these days? I loved college and could not imagine passing up my final years there to make $20K a year in the D league. And that was without me being treated like a king and getting the handouts (education, free meals, free tail, etc.) these guys get. There are so many of these kids making IMO idiotic decisions. Dejounte Murray? Are you serious? You led the Pac 12 in turnovers and shot 28% from the college 3Pt line. Good luck with that, way to throw your life away. *old man rant over*
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gronk4heisman wrote:Is college really that bad these days? I loved college and could not imagine passing up my final years there to make $20K a year in the D league. And that was without me being treated like a king and getting the handouts (education, free meals, free tail, etc.) these guys get. There are so many of these kids making IMO idiotic decisions. Dejounte Murray? Are you serious? You led the Pac 12 in turnovers and shot 28% from the college 3Pt line. Good luck with that, way to throw your life away. *old man rant over*
A big part is that the 2016 draft is worse than 2017. Staying an extra year is less valuable.

A ton of people are gonna test the waters with the new rules about that too.

Last thing, there are always gonna be bad decisions, but there's value in going early too. Diallo is a great example of that. The longer he stayed at KU and looked unimpressive, the further his stock would fall. Leaving really early, you can get a team to bite on potential. Frankly, Zeus would probably have been drafted higher after his freshman year just because there was less tape.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

catgrad97 wrote:Zimmerman was always a prima donna and never the savior of any program.

This watered-down draft is going to have the most undrafted early declarations ever.
And wasn't his Mom his hang-around defacto agent/life-coach? :|
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

gronk4heisman wrote:Is college really that bad these days? I loved college and could not imagine passing up my final years there to make $20K a year in the D league. And that was without me being treated like a king and getting the handouts (education, free meals, free tail, etc.) these guys get. There are so many of these kids making IMO idiotic decisions. Dejounte Murray? Are you serious? You led the Pac 12 in turnovers and shot 28% from the college 3Pt line. Good luck with that, way to throw your life away. *old man rant over*
Catch 22 for a lot of these kids (i.e. they probably would have to Google the term) whose life is spent solely around sports as they've been sold on the greed of the NBA and Pro Sports. They fail to realize how few actually make it big and/or what is really needed to get there.

Good God how I hate the NBA and loathe what it's done to the college game. Sad to see how dumb and foolish so many of these kids really are and makes me admire the wise ones who pay their dues and/or get their diplomas all the more. BTFD.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CatMG

Post by CatMG »

Chicat wrote:Most definitely should have stayed at Kansas. But I think a lot of kids are feeling the hype for the '17 class and getting out while the getting's good.
Well if they don't get drafted in the 1st round, many would probably be bumped form a spot next year by the hyped '17 class anyway.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Hurley better take the 1st job available
Last edited by Main Event on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

100% agree. Borderline guys SHOULD stay in school if for no other reason than to learn enough and mature enough to successfully play keepings off with all the leeches out there.

Interestingly, Arizona has an interesting link to the "leaving early for the pros" trend. Coniel Norman and Eric Money left after their sophomore years, a couple of the first kids to take advantage of the new (at the time) 'hardship' rule. Neither had a big career but Money was in the league for 6 or 7 years. Both could have had better NBA careers had they stayed in school and learned how to play defense a bit. Of course Fred Snowden didn't teach much defense really, (I suspect Bob Elliot and Al Flemming (RIP) would dispute that), so they probably weren't going to learn it at Arizona anyway.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Imagine for a second if Thon Maker had good people around him who were invested in ensuring he achieved all the promise of his talent...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

This is just the latest in odd stuff around Maker. That may be the weirdest HS story ever.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Is he even draft eligible?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

He stayed a 5th year in high school to play with his brother but his class graduated and he is 19
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:Is he even draft eligible?
Maybe. It depends on how the NBA looks at the extra year he spent in HS.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I think the argument is that this last year he was as a post-grad.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/26 ... d-reaction" target="_blank

Yeah. That link lays out the argument, but I can't see how it'a sure thing he can show he isn't just a 2016 graduating class member. Here's a link from a year ago that discusses him as "remaining" a 2016 class member.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... s-of-2016/" target="_blank

He's been a '16 class guy for a while, and a lot of the buzz was that he's reclassify for '1t.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
"At first, I wondered why someone was telling me that I needed to show more class. The shot clock was expiring, and I just tossed it up so there wouldn't be a violation. So I asked him, who are you and how did you get this number? That's when he told me he was Coach K."
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/26 ... d-reaction" target="_blank

Yeah. That link lays out the argument, but I can't see how it'a sure thing he can show he isn't just a 2016 graduating class member. Here's a link from a year ago that discusses him as "remaining" a 2016 class member.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... s-of-2016/" target="_blank

He's been a '16 class guy for a while, and a lot of the buzz was that he's reclassify for '1t.
what the heck??

my first reaction to maker declaring was that it must be some sort of publicity stunt. but this might actually happen? the kid didn't even stand out in the aau tournaments last summer, and i'm pretty sure he weighs less than kaleb's left arm. he's going to great crushed in the nba.
az91

Post by az91 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:This is just the latest in odd stuff around Maker. That may be the weirdest HS story ever.
I think the Renardo Sidney recruitment fiasco was weirder.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

az91 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:This is just the latest in odd stuff around Maker. That may be the weirdest HS story ever.
I think the Renardo Sidney recruitment fiasco was weirder.
That's a strong contender, but I'm kind of partial to Maker saying he's considering reclassifying to 2015, and now turning around and claiming he was part of 2015 class.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Grayson Allen coming back for his Junior year.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Must be nice to be able to have an All American as a 2nd/3rd option
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Coop Cat wrote:Grayson Allen coming back for his Junior year.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Coop Cat wrote:Grayson Allen coming back for his Junior year.

Really? Dude must be trippin'...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Hey, not every Division I team has gotten to know Duke's new King of Douche. He needs maximum exposure.