Duke

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

MrMeow

Re: Duke

Post by MrMeow »

Chicat wrote:K is so happy he faked that back injury.
There may be a measure of truth to that. My wife had similar, if not the same, surgery 15 years ago. She was back on her feet in less than a week, and close to normal in 10 days. I asked the surgeon how many of these surgeries he had performed. Close to 2500. He said it was the tonsilectomy of his practice. Poor baby K.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Didn't that little prick just walk through their huddle? Dude is out of control like no rules apply to him. Sounds like ratface
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Karma.

Last edited by Merkin on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I enjoyed that.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yes it was Merk and you are right LH, very enjoyable. They may need to play their way to a 6-8 seed so they don't get shipped out of the east LOL
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Coach K's back isn't going to get better until this team does.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Is their best win against Florida at MSG? They now have a losing conference record. We just watched them lose to State at Cameron.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Longhorned wrote:Is their best win against Florida at MSG? They now have a losing conference record. We just watched them lose to State at Cameron.
Rhode Island in Connecticut? Michigan state at home? Those are probably their 3 best wins.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

The meltdown on the Duke forums is hilarious
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Arizona wins in Pauley.
Duke loses in Cameron.
It's like the whole world has been set right - almost overnight.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

"OHHHHHHHHHH my back! OHHHHHHH...."

"Did we win?"

"No."

"OHHHHHHHHH my back! OHHHHHHH..."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

On a related note, Dennis Smith is a monster. I'd seriously consider taking him #1 overall. I know Fultz is a better shooter but Smith is like a Chris Paul w bounce. He's really, really good. Single handedly took over that game
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PennZona20 wrote:On a related note, Dennis Smith is a monster. I'd seriously consider taking him #1 overall. I know Fultz is a better shooter but Smith is like a Chris Paul w bounce. He's really, really good. Single handedly took over that game
Smith, Fultz, Ball...there are some really good freshman pg's this year.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Longhorned wrote:Is their best win against Florida at MSG? They now have a losing conference record. We just watched them lose to State at Cameron.
Had this exact same convo yesterday.

They have to be the biggest bust so far this season...K must have seen it coming...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Capel must have loved that...
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Reminds me of the Dave Chappelle Making the Band skit. "I'm shutting down the studio" :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I just love it that his back is too hurt to let these losses go on his record, but not so hurt that he can't come in and act like a mini dictator when he gets the notion.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Next up: having to dribble a basketball as you walk around campus.

After that...you don't want to know what comes after that.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

*edit*

Removed a tweet that caused turmoil for a poster. My apologies.
Last edited by Olsondogg on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i think the whole community should do whatever it takes to make sure every thread on the entire site has some sort of political reference, overtone, rip, or slam -- whose comin with me??!!!???
Olsondogg wrote:
good job, Odogg -- way to do your part!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Hey look, a non PJC post! Way to do your part as well!!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Guys... Duke sucks

Enjoy it
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote:Guys... Duke sucks

Enjoy it
i hope they get matched up with Lehigh again somehow.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

How many losses does it take for Duke to fall out of the Top 25?

Or is that even possible?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Enjoy it
no doubt -- but as a bonus, we all learned (thx to Odogg) that President Trump is jerking off to the news.

its a win-win

so as an aside, there is no board policy on political posts? we can all feel free to dump them anywhere anytime??
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

the real dill wrote:

This is typical Coach K bullshit, who fucking cares?

It's just his way of keeping his boys in the spotlight, he is the Donald Trump of College basketball...what a wanker.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

lol you can't win Jon
EastCoastCat wrote:How many losses does it take for Duke to fall out of the Top 25?

1 more. 24th right now. If they beat Wake Saturday they move up for sure
Last edited by Jefe on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:

Enjoy it
no doubt -- but as a bonus, we all learned (thx to Odogg) that President Trump is jerking off to the news.

its a win-win

so as an aside, there is no board policy on political posts? we can all feel free to dump them anywhere anytime??

You just did yourself, so I guess you answered your own question...right?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote:

You just did yourself, so I guess you answered your own question...right?
no, genius -- i repeated what you said.

i have no appetite for politics, and it belongs in the politics forum.

i come here to talk sports, and occasionally culture.

you come here to talk politics and sports -- imo, that should be done in the registered forums.

but, if its not going to be that way, so be it.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Jefe wrote:lol you can't win Jon
i dont want to win, i just dont like seeing the basketball forums turn into a political cum dumpster -- but, if thats what the board moderators and community wants, than thats what it will be.

im fine with that, but yesterday i was told otherwise.

either way, there is no right or wrong, just an opinion.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Ah, so it's fine for you and others to post political stuff-- as long as it's repeated. Cool story...way to be the board police though, suits you well.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote:Ah, so it's fine for you and others to post political stuff-- as long as it's repeated. Cool story...way to be the board police though, suits you well.
ive never posted one political post outside of the political forums, and maybe have a grand total of 5 posts in there.

i repeated what you said, own it.

and if thats what is going to be allowed in the basketball forums, so be it -- i was just told yesterday that posts exactly like yours were not going to be tolerated.

maybe they are maybe they wont, but to me there is a time and place for each subject, you disagree, good for you.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Hahah ok sure, go with that story. "I only repeated..."
97cats

Post by 97cats »

97cats wrote:i think the whole community should do whatever it takes to make sure every thread on the entire site has some sort of political reference, overtone, rip, or slam -- whose comin with me??!!!???
Olsondogg wrote:
good job, Odogg -- way to do your part!
yes, i even quoted you

then said this
97cats wrote:

its a win-win

so yes -- repeated
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

As did I, when you re-typed what you read. But that was just repeating.

Furthermore, this is a thread about Duke. If you have an issue, why don't you ask the question in the appropriate forum--considering you are so concerned with board rules and etiquette?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i have and was told yesterday posts like yours would not be tolerated outside the political forum and if they continued that said person would be banned.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
Everyone, keep politics in the politics forum. If you can't you'll be warned. If you continue you'll be temp banned. End of discussion.
yesterday

but, what the hell do i know.....
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I see. You are in the same position that I was when I was told (at another site you frequent) that personal attacks were not tolerated and that users would be banned for them...I didn't stick around to see if that actually came to fruition.

Well I hope you get your answer soon, cause I know that it bother's you so much that you left your PJC thread to seek me out. Congrats.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote:I see. You are in the same position that I was when I was told (at another site you frequent) that personal attacks were not tolerated and that users would be banned for them...I didn't stick around to see if that actually came to fruition.

Well I hope you get your answer soon, cause I know that it bother's you so much that you left your PJC thread to seek me out. Congrats.
i have no idea what this means -- i just would rather the sports be sports forums and the politics forums be politics forums, but its not my board.

im just a lucky member
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I can agree to that as well. So sorry you were hurt by a twitter post I made. I'll remove it as to not hurt your feelings.

So sorry, hope you can recover.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

We are getting several complaints of politics... even jokes... upsetting posters here

I'm asking everyone to try to stop so we can all enjoy these boards

Don't start a stupid back and forth that clutters the board... just stop
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

There's a "Politics" thread on the Board Announcements board. It's not in the Politics board, and it's not about politics. It's about the problem of politics on the basketball and football boards, and how the board seeks to deal with this problem. With thanks to Chicat for initiating that thread and doing such a careful job with the issue, I recommend it.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Longhorned wrote:There's a "Politics" thread on the Board Announcements board. It's not in the Politics board, and it's not about politics. It's about the problem of politics on the basketball and football boards, and how the board seeks to deal with this problem. With thanks to Chicat for initiating that thread and doing such a careful job with the issue, I recommend it.
Thanks for pointing that announcement out LH.....hope we are still good :-).

Anyways, back to delicious Duke Hating.....question....I don't think we've lost to them since 2001, correct? God, I still hurt over that one.....
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

PM's are great.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:PM's are great.
Yes. There is also a feature which allows you to report posts. Here is what I wrote in the Board Announcements forum:
Chicat wrote:Just a quick note:

Having come out of one of the weirdest election seasons in history, and because we have very active politics/general discussion areas on this site, from time to time politics may leak into sports threads, or there will be sports threads with political undertones.

If for any reason you feel like political posts or thoughts are derailing a thread, becoming too widespread, or in any other way limiting your enjoyment of this board, please either report the posts in question or PM a moderator for assistance.

While the lower boards may not be everyone's cup of tea, the upper boards are absolutely for everyone's enjoyment and use. If anything is hindering that enjoyment or making them unusable, please bring it to the admin's attention immediately and it will get fixed or at least we can discuss what's going on and best practices moving forward.

Thanks,

Justin
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Jefe wrote:lol you can't win Jon
EastCoastCat wrote:How many losses does it take for Duke to fall out of the Top 25?

1 more. 24th right now. If they beat Wake Saturday they move up for sure
If they beat Wake, they will be ranked third and touted as the next great contender for a 1 seed.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

the real dill wrote:
duke trying to mount a comeback at wake forest. was down 10 at the half. rumor is that coach k will scowl extra hard at the players and call them "poopyheads" as further punishment if they lose today. that'll teach 'em!