1 more example (one of hundreds), of asu fans douchebaggery

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

HaCats

1 more example (one of hundreds), of asu fans douchebaggery

Post by HaCats »

When observing asu fans in the general public, it's an interesting social experiment to count the myriad of ways in which they are largely.....a revolting and loathsome lot of people. And by watching asu football games, basketball games and even baseball games.....these same observations hit you in the face, as it's hard to ignore their obnoxiousness. I know in most cases, it's wrong to paint groups of people with too wide a brush. There are some asu fans I've met who are fine people. But they unquestionably have a far greater percentage of assholes and idiots in their fanbase than most all others. Here's something I've noticed watching their home basketball games this year. On the surface it may seem minor. But it speaks to the type of person who goes to that school, graduates (maybe), settles in the East Valley and becomes 'asu guy':

On at least 5 different occasions this year while watching a game at Wells Fargo gym, the cameraman has focused in on the same 7 or 8 year old boy.....whose parents must be season ticket holders. Every single game they have showed this boy, he is shirtless. Every. Single. Game.....shirtless. And not just shirtless, but also hamming it up for the camera flexing his muscles, making some obnoxious Johnny Manziel 'money' sign with his hands etc. How just absolutely vintage 'asu fan' is it, to encourage your grade school aged son to not wear a shirt to every single game.....and to encourage him to act like he's a little 'tough guy' or a little shithead. His parents are surely the typical Chandler/Gilbert douche asu fans in their stucco red tiled roof house, Dad drives a lifted Ford F-150 (and surely has a barb wired tattoo on his bicep), and his parents idea of culture is going to Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday night with their other dork asu sympathizing friends.

They are such knobs
HaCats

Re: 1 more example (one of hundreds), of asu fans douchebagg

Post by HaCats »

oops that was supposed to go in Arch Rivals forum. Point remains though
mofo

Post by mofo »

To be fair, I live on the Chandler/Gilbert border in a stucco red tiled roof house (not much option in the area) and drive a lifted Toyota. I'm not sure if I'm in a vortex of town but it seems like 1/4 of my neighborhood (including my house), flies UA flags on gamedays, and some are permanent fixtures. I never see an ASU flag out. Not sure if that's a pride thing or a neighborhood thing but judging by the amount of ASU shirts/hats/bumperstickers in town I don't think they're short on pride, so maybe it's just my neighborhood.

I don't have a barbed wire tattoo though and haven't asked my UA neighbors if they do.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I live in the area, see more AZ fans then duchebags but sometimes it's worse than others. So I think most are closet tempe fans.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I am still confused about the guy that wears a mask behind the ask bench
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

mofo wrote:To be fair, I live on the Chandler/Gilbert border in a stucco red tiled roof house (not much option in the area) and drive a lifted Toyota. I'm not sure if I'm in a vortex of town but it seems like 1/4 of my neighborhood (including my house), flies UA flags on gamedays, and some are permanent fixtures. I never see an ASU flag out. Not sure if that's a pride thing or a neighborhood thing but judging by the amount of ASU shirts/hats/bumperstickers in town I don't think they're short on pride, so maybe it's just my neighborhood.

I don't have a barbed wire tattoo though and haven't asked my UA neighbors if they do.
Where is have lived post college (Tempe Mesa boarder/north Phoenix/Central Phoenix) after moving out of the asu Tempe area I see just as much if not more UA stuff than asu
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

HaCats wrote:oops that was supposed to go in Arch Rivals forum. Point remains though
I'll move it for you....

::::

....and moved.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

EVCat

Post by EVCat »

mofo wrote:To be fair, I live on the Chandler/Gilbert border in a stucco red tiled roof house (not much option in the area) and drive a lifted Toyota. I'm not sure if I'm in a vortex of town but it seems like 1/4 of my neighborhood (including my house), flies UA flags on gamedays, and some are permanent fixtures. I never see an ASU flag out. Not sure if that's a pride thing or a neighborhood thing but judging by the amount of ASU shirts/hats/bumperstickers in town I don't think they're short on pride, so maybe it's just my neighborhood.

I am pretty damn close to your hood (south of the 202 - Wildcat Country), and I see it a lot like that until football season. Then they all schlep their Forks chairs to the kid's soccer game.

But we do have a strong presence in the East Valley for being as close to hell as we are.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

fuck ASU
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

97cats wrote:fuck ASU
I'd love to add the Miller "oh...and one more thing...Fuck ASU".

But the original has become iconic in these parts. And I don't like seeing tradition die.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

lmao!

fuck ASU