Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

enfuego

Re: Sean Miller

Post by enfuego »

Forget for a moment whether the wiretaps are true or fiction, has anyone explained how no schools were recruiting Ayton because it was a foregone conclusion he was going to KU, then out of nowhere he committed to AZ? Occam's razor and all.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

enfuego wrote:Forget for a moment whether the wiretaps are true or fiction, has anyone explained how no schools were recruiting Ayton because it was a foregone conclusion he was going to KU, then out of nowhere he committed to AZ? Occam's razor and all.
Ayton wanted to play for a school that is successful against the Pac 12. His mother lives in Phoenix. Arizona is 100 miles away.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

enfuego wrote:Forget for a moment whether the wiretaps are true or fiction, has anyone explained how no schools were recruiting Ayton because it was a foregone conclusion he was going to KU, then out of nowhere he committed to AZ? Occam's razor and all.
He is living in AZ to play high school basketball. Why would he want to go spend a year in the armpit that is Lawrence, KS?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Lol I could say the same thing about Josh Jackson to Kansas. Glass houses enfuego. Ask his mom why he decided to go to KU.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

They both made their offers and his mom liked our dude more.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

UAEebs86 wrote:Lol I could say the same thing about Josh Jackson to Kansas. Glass houses enfuego. Ask his mom why he decided to go to KU.
Maybe he likes goats more than women.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

jsbowl16 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.azdese ... -schlabach

Im not sure who this guy is but he doesnt think ESPN is out to get Arizona.
This quote on Schlabach is rich: "It’s hard to believe he would unknowingly put his own reputation on the line unless he and ESPN were confident with what they had to work with."

The same could be said of Sean Miller. It's hard to believe he would put his reputation and career on the line to personally deal with a guy like Dawkins and actually discuss paying for a player.

Schlabach still hasn't reported that he heard the tapes, just that a source (likely Dawkins' lawyer) indicated what was on them. This shit is so thin it's anorexic.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

UAEebs86 wrote:Lol I could say the same thing about Josh Jackson to Kansas. Glass houses enfuego. Ask his mom why he decided to go to KU.
We had the ear of people influencing Ayton

KU had the ear of Apple Jackson
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

zonagrad wrote:
Ayton wanted to play for a school that is successful against the Pac 12. His mother lives in Phoenix. Arizona is 100 miles away.
My question is what changed, last minute and out of the blue, to make him want to go to UA when it was a done deal (all the time he and his mom lived in Arizona) that he was going to KU?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Except that Josh Jackson was always rumored by KU recruiting gurus to be leaning towards KU, since his Junior year. So him ending up at KU is not that out of the blue.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

enfuego wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
My question is what changed, last minute and out of the blue, to make him want to go to UA when it was a done deal (all the time he and his mom lived in Arizona) that he was going to KU?
How do you know it was a done deal?

If it only took $100k to pull Ayton out of Kansas, I'd say KU is pretty cheap.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The Objective Observer strikes again!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Olsondogg wrote:
They both made their offers and his mom liked our dude more.
It's possible. I'm sure that college revenue sports is dirty. I am not convinced that KU is, given that our recruiting has not kept pace with Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State and for some reason Arizona. If we were paying players you would think we would have more 5 stars on the roster than we do now.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

zonagrad wrote:
enfuego wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
How do you know it was a done deal?

If it only took $100k to pull Ayton out of Kansas, I'd say KU is pretty cheap.
Well nothing is a done deal until an LOI is signed, but no one was recruiting Ayton except KU. That's a fact. He was even courting schools like Kentucky to recruit him, then suddenly he committed to Arizona. You don't think that's odd?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:The Objective Observer strikes again!
lol that should be my signature. :)
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Ummm...did you guys not read the statement from the Lawyer representing Ayton and his mom?

Who cares why he switched or the crystal ball guys failed, it makes logical sense to me that he came to Tucson because his family lived in Phx.

To hear Romar talk about Ayton he went on and on about Aytons MOM saying she was a ROCK and the foundation for his character....

I am sick up to the neck with everyone believing shit about everyone else, there are GOOD people in this world who are patient and will wait for the reward in a year rather than take 100k of bad seed money that could derail the bigger reward...

I for one would easily wait in poverty for a year to get a bigger check than compromise my integrity to blow 100k on my immediate appetites...I am not an anomaly and neither is Ayton, Trier, Alkins or Miller....why is it so hard to believe he wanted to stay close to the people who sacrificed the most for him???
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Catonemil:

Just to clarify.
The way I read your pots is that they would have to tell CSM about the taps 10 days before charging him.
So they could still charge him, they just have to tell him about taps first. This leak doesn't count as telling him.

Also, this means that Book was informed 10 days before everything came out in Sept.
Am I getting that correct?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

It’s not good. But the only real hope is the informant angle and the timing never impacted that. Unless there is some other miracle out there that will clear his name. But it does highlight the sloppiness Longhorned and others have commented on that doesn’t reflect well on the rest of their fact gathering principles.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

That still doesn’t make any sense. The FBI wasn’t tracking Dawkins until the spring/summer of 2017. Or am I missing something?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Pop McKale wrote:
That still doesn’t make any sense. The FBI wasn’t tracking Dawkins until the spring/summer of 2017. Or am I missing something?
NCAA and FBI still cleared Ayton so we are clear there but the Miller stuff isn't as good now unless we can show evidence that ESPN is lying again to cover up. When Dawkins phone was taped could do that. But I doubt ESPN would be that careless again
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

They are gonna have to correct again because it was Feb 23
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

Seems like ESPN is simply rewriting the timeline to fit their narrative and/or protect their guy. 48 hours later they “fix” this?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

pc in NM wrote:So, what will happen this week? Tomorrow, actually.

Ayton appears clear of any suspension, strongly reinforced by the outside legal counsel's unequivocal statement.

Trier appears subject to the ass-dragging NCAA. Either a new, clean test, or acknowledgement that nothing has changed since the NCAA cleared him should be sufficient grounds to reinstate him.

Seems that Miller's status is still ambiguous. Will both he and the U mutually agree that he continues to step aside pending some as not yet specified change of status? Is Saturday's arrangement only absence from gametime sidelines, or more, such as some or all coaching duties?

What if they disagree on this arrangement?
Simple and straightforward questions, yet not one single response.... :?:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Except the wiretaps didn't start until 2017, so it changes nothing and makes ESPN look worse.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

Olsondogg wrote:They are gonna have to correct again because it was Feb 23
Good catch. Jeezus H. I know gumby’s got other fish to fry, but I’d love to see him chime in on this...
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Except the wiretaps didn't start until 2017, so it changes nothing and makes ESPN look worse.
Do you have a link for this? I am not doubting you I just want it to show proof that this is total bs
CAT44

Post by CAT44 »

Calling On All Wildcat Fans!

Now is the time more than ever to support our team and the institution. Our University is under fire and being labeled the scapegoat for college basketball’s many issues.

Yahoo Sports releases a BOM shell that everybody knew, but most of the college basketball world didn’t want to see….Duke, KU, Michigan ST, NC , players involved with fractions and being paid. Shocking just shocking….NOT! This is the landscape of college basketball. Players/families are receiving gifts/money even at the AAU ball level.

Our school should Not be the SMU of College basketball. We must fight back and protect our institution just as ESPN and the NCAA are doing right now. Just ask Jay Bilas… who said – Miller has ruined his career and may never coach again. However, sitting right next to him and another face of ESPN basketball is Jay Williams (yes, formerly of Duke). Jay worked as an agent in the past for an agency and paid an AAU coach $250,000 to get close to Kevin Love. And that’s just the one he admitted too. But yet ESPN hired him and keeps him close to college and high school basketball players. ESPN announces breaking News on Sean Miller within 24 hrs. of Yahoo Sports news. The wiretap leak as we know has many issues. One is…they said it was to secure Ayton. As we know Ayton was already signed with AZ. Agents do Not bring players to sign with a college team. They reach out to coaches to try to get access to the players to secure them under contracts. The call might of taken place, but I believe Ayton and his family did not take money from this agent. Now, that doesn’t mean I believe Ayton or other college players were never paid or given gifts. This has been going on for 50+years. The universities don’t pay, the shoe companies control AAU ball and help direct where the players go. This is not an University of Arizona problem, but a NCAA issue. Today ESPN said Miles Bridges (Michigan State), Wendell Carter Jr. (Duke) have been investigated by their universities compliance offices and the NCAA has cleared them. This is FALSE…the NCAA has cleared no one. They have said they are leaving it up to the individuals schools right now. The NCAA is waiting for the FBI to finish its investigation and waiting to after the tournament where people aren’t thinking about college basketball. They will hammer one team and slap minor sanctions on some teams, then make a few changes to rules and a way they go. The problem is the team they will hammer is us, if we the fans don’t fight back. Please join me it letting our AD -Heeke know that Sean Miller needs to coach this week. We can’t act as we are the only guilty ones. All the other teams coaches are on the side line, so should ours. This is our program…let’s get it BACK!

BEARDOWN!!!
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Postmaster wrote:Catonemil:

Just to clarify.
The way I read your pots is that they would have to tell CSM about the taps 10 days before charging him.
So they could still charge him, they just have to tell him about taps first. This leak doesn't count as telling him.

Also, this means that Book was informed 10 days before everything came out in Sept.
Am I getting that correct?
Yes and as I understand the wiretap law once it is removed you are informed if you were taped, it just isn't revealed what was said or if it is evidence.

A good example is the Allentown FBI probe...

Here
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Do you have a link for this? I am not doubting you I just want it to show proof that this is total bs
Our stuff starts on page 36. What are the dates listed here?

https://www.scribd.com/document/3599701 ... from_embed" target="_blank
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Scheer is all over it.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Was that when they were investigating Billy Joel and his beard?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ESPN is going all in on this story. The University of Arizona is going all in on burying ESPN. This is going to be long and arduous and our basketball program will suffer for it.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

https://www.scribd.com/document/3599701 ... from_embed" target="_blank[/quote]

But there are dates in 2016 that mention Dawkins on other pages
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ChooChooCat wrote:ESPN is going all in on this story. The University of Arizona is going all in on burying ESPN. This is going to be long and arduous and our basketball program will suffer for it.
How much can a bleeding corpse suffer?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Not changing my avatar, or paying for ESPN, ever again.

I've documented every instance I can remember of Bristol hate/snobbishness/general East Coast cluelessness toward Arizona over the last 30 years. All on this board or GOAZCATS.

If this is how the war between the corporation and the alma mater must go down, then let it be now. Let Bristol fry.

You think a network that fired all of its journalists with any investigative experience last year and can barely run its FCC-required "educational" program, "Outside the Lines," on Sunday morning at 10 a.m., knows p*ss-all about Sean Miller's guilt or innocence in an ongoing FBI investigation?

There's a free press for a reason in this country, and none of it is "fake news." And then there is ESPN--which is going to set a historic example of why a TV news network NEVER, EVER should pretend to serious journalism without the actual serious journalists to do it.

This case is going to turn everything over in college hoops, and I'm glad to be in Sean Miller's corner as he leads the charge.
Beefcurtainsandwich

Post by Beefcurtainsandwich »

[/quote]

Right, but these dates (feb 2017 forward) relate to charges against book, not anything w miller
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

ChooChooCat wrote:ESPN is going all in on this story. The University of Arizona is going all in on burying ESPN. This is going to be long and arduous and our basketball program will suffer for it.
So, assuming Miller is clean, he/UA should lay down, anyway? Can’t go there.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beefcurtainsandwich wrote:

Right, but these dates (feb 2017 forward) relate to charges against book, not anything w miller[/quote]

Do you think that if Dawkins had pull with Sean Miller in 2016 he'd waste his fucking time with Book Richardson a year later?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Right, but these dates (feb 2017 forward) relate to charges against book, not anything w miller[/quote]

Do you think that if Dawkins had pull with Sean Miller in 2016 he'd waste his fucking time with Book Richardson a year later?

Christian Dawkins had zero pull with Deandre Ayton btw. None. Zero. Zilch.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

ChooChooCat wrote:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3599701 ... from_embed" target="_blank

Christian Dawkins had zero pull with Deandre Ayton btw. None. Zero. Zilch.[/quote]

^^^This^^^^

So think about it...Dawkins knows he did nothing to steer Ayton to Miller and I personally believe the stories suggesting Ayton was way out of his league anyway...what gives the motivation to LEAK a story like this right now?

I am starting to believe that this might not even be a legitimate misinformed leak from Dawkins lawyer...

This sounds more like someone fucking with college basketball trying to get a reputation based on unnamed sources...

It is starting to fail even a simple eye test...this ain't no fucking story its a page-hit bot.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I'll let SalimsHeadband's tweet do the talking.

If Dawkins already had this relationship with Miller why the fuck is he wasting time meeting with Book and Pasternack in Las Vegas during the 2017 Pac 12 Tourney?
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

This needs to start getting to other media outlets. Fox Sports, CBS, Bleacher Report etc. it is a complete cluster fuck and Arizona Basketball cannot do anything to stop this runaway train right now.

ChooChooCat wrote:I'll let SalimsHeadband's tweet do the talking.

If Dawkins already had this relationship with Miller why the fuck is he wasting time meeting with Book and Pasternack in Las Vegas during the 2017 Pac 12 Tourney?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Martin Blazer pretty much started the whole thing

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ood-dreams" target="_blank
Cooperating with the FBI from late 2014, Blazer moved among sports agents, clothes hawkers and other middlemen as they cut side deals to bring top high-school hoop prospects
By 2013, Blazer had come to the SEC’s attention. It alleged Blazer was shifting money between client accounts to fund movies as well as a country-music project he wanted to fund.

Blazer unsuccessfully pitched his plans to one of his athlete clients, the SEC said. Then he used forged documents to take $550,000 from the client’s brokerage account and steer it toward the two movies, the SEC said.

When the athlete discovered the shortfall and demanded the money, Blazer used phony documents to draw $650,000 from another client -- repaying the first and investing $100,000 in the music venture, the SEC alleged. Then, when the agency’s staffers came to inspect his firm in July 2013, Blazer lied about the transactions. Blazer took more than $2.3 million in all from five clients from October 2010 to January 2013, according to the SEC, before eventually returning $790,000 of it.

By November 2014, Blazer began helping the FBI. Directed by law-enforcement handlers, he circulated among middlemen and coaches from several schools, helping plan the movements of money to young athletes’ families and in some cases delivering payments himself from FBI funds.
The arrangement had white-knuckle potential. Blazer’s undercover role could have been blown at any time once the SEC made its charges against him public after May 2016.

That wouldn’t have been lost on the FBI handlers who set up video cameras in a Las Vegas hotel room on July 27, 2017,
ahead of Blazer’s meeting with a University of Louisville assistant coach, a sports representative and the manager of a team for top high-schoolers. There, the men allegedly brokered a scheme to pay the families of a high-school star, aiming to steer him toward the school and sponsorship deals with Adidas.
https://nytimes.com/2017/09/26/sports/n ... ibery.html" target="_blank
The cases were brought with the aid of a cooperating witness against whom the Securities and Exchange Commission had brought securities charges, including misusing professional athletes’ funds. Two undercover F.B.I. agents posing as financial advisers were also involved. The witness was Martin Blazer, a former financial adviser based in Pittsburgh, the United States attorney’s office said. The investigation used judicially approved wiretaps, and began in 2015.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-man-wh ... 1506902378" target="_blank
In the spring of 2015, Mr. Blazer started making connections with agents and middlemen who he thought might lead to bribe-seeking coaches, according to prosecutors. Few coaches or players Mr. Blazer encountered while working undercover seemed aware of or bothered by his previous problems.

In the spring of 2015, Mr. Blazer worked through old contacts to meet people who might lead him to possible criminal activity. He began recording phone calls and meetings, the criminal complaints said.

According to the criminal complaints unsealed last week, he told an unidentified friend who was a sports agent that he wanted to pay college coaches who would use their influence to send athletes to him as clients.

Former referee
The complaints allege that the agent introduced Mr. Blazer to Rashan Michel, a former National Basketball Association referee who ran a high-end men’s clothing company in Atlanta that outfitted professional athletes. A lawyer for Mr. Michel, who was charged last week, didn’t respond to requests for comment Sunday.

Mr. Michel allegedly connected Mr. Blazer to Christian Dawkins, an agent with ASM Sports who the former referee said had paid bribes to college coaches, according to the complaint. Mr. Dawkins recommended speaking with Lamont Evans, then an assistant coach at the University of South Carolina
In December 2015, Mr. Blazer asked Mr. Sood, his former business partner, if he would work with him and Mr. Dawkins to recruit college athletes as clients, the complaints allege. In March 2016, Messrs. Sood and Blazer met with Messrs. Dawkins and Evans at a restaurant in South Carolina, the complaints said.
In March, FBI agents watched as Mr. Sood met with several people at a restaurant in Las Vegas, the complaints said. Prosecutors alleged it was a meeting to arrange paying basketball coaches at the University of Arizona. Mr. Sood was charged last week.

By late April, the FBI had a wiretap on the phone of Mr. Blazer’s former business partner, and Arizona assistant coach Emanuel Richardson was drawn into the alleged scheme, according to prosecutors. He was charged last week. His lawyer couldn’t be reached for comment.

In early May, prosecutors said, Mr. Dawkins, the sports agent, was fired from ASM Sports after an investigation by the NBA players’ union found he had misused a client’s credit card. Mr. Sood told Mr. Dawkins he would help him start his own management company, according to the complaints.
Last edited by NYCat on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

One of the things that we should consider in this motherfucking monkey circus is that BOOK might be the source for the leaks...

~ He has motive (incriminate others, point the blame higher up)
~ He fits Schlamamamabacks description as to someone who would have access to FBI wiretaps
~ He is not in jail it helps his case to muddy the jury pool
~ He is pleading "Not guilty" no way to do that unless he's "just following orders" ie: Miller was in charge
~ He's that dumb and has nothing to lose for lying, he won't be in anymore trouble than he already is.
~ This was the perfect moment to join into the fray right after the Yahoo dump and big Pac 12 ESPN game
~ No way ANY sports writer does not run with this story simply redacting his name as the source.

Regardless FUCK Book.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Say what you want about Book, but he’s not doing that to the dudes on the team. Those kids love him.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Olsondogg wrote:Say what you want about Book, but he’s not doing that to the dudes on the team. Those kids love him.
I'm sure they do, but his neck is in a noose and he probably wants to coach again, I'm sure he loves it as much as they love him...

But he has a pattern of doing stupid things here, things that are selfish in nature...trying to advance his own interest above the players and jeopardizing their eligibility does not meet the requirements of "love" in my book...some CURRENT player was compromised by the testimony of Book...that is not love.

For the record...I follow a few simple rules when trying to decipher "leaked" Information...rules I got here
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I don't see book having reason to be the leak. He has to worry about fbi and they have the tapes.
He would only be hurting miller via ncaa and that doesn't do anything for him.

Also, I'm not sure book would have access or knowledge of tapes of Dawkins and miller because they don't pertain to Book

Those emails really only show that ASM claimed they could get Bowen to go to whichever school as long as that school delivered clients (players) to them.
Also sounds like Pasternack told Dawkins that he could secure lauri going to ASM just so ASM /Dawkins would send Bowen to AZ.