Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Olsondogg »

More good news: beer in McKale next year. Things are already looking up!
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Olsondogg wrote:More good news: beer in McKale next year. Things are already looking up!
They are gonna need it
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Newportcat wrote:The more I think about it, I see no scenario under which Miller is our coach next year. Think he takes the year off, gets his name fully cleared and move on to a job in the east.

Honestly can’t say if it would upset me that much. Feels like massive change is needed given everything going on. Do think we will be in for some dark days but you never know

Thought the same in 2009 and then 2011 happened
I have nothing to add and completely agree.
The foundation is still in place and there will be better days ahead. Just don’t see how Miller can come back from all this. Especially knowing how hard recovering from the Xavier loss was on him.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote:More good news: beer in McKale next year. Things are already looking up!
lmao!
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Chiefzona, who is widely disliked by many here, but was 100% correct on Richrod being fired.

He says today that Miller is done. Not fired, but gone.

Take it for what it's worth.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

If Miller stays he has to recruit thougher kids. We're so soft.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Chiefzona, who is widely disliked by many here, but was 100% correct on Richrod being fired.

He doesn't know, believe me. He ultimately may not be wrong, but he still has no idea at this point.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Choo could be wrong if Chief is actually Miller
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
mofo

Post by mofo »

TatetheGreat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:It's not the packline. Fuck, Virginia is the number one team in the country and just won the ACC without 5* recruits. All they do is run packline.
Let's revisit this if UVA gets to the FF.
I'd say Michigan State has done pretty well running the packline for the last 20 years. 7 FF's, 1 Chip & 1 runner-up.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Thing is, if you’re going to run a certain and set scheme, you need to recruit players who are capable of playing in and willing to buy into said system.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Olsondogg wrote:Choo could be wrong if Chief is actually Miller
Lol fair enough
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

mofo wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:It's not the packline. Fuck, Virginia is the number one team in the country and just won the ACC without 5* recruits. All they do is run packline.
Let's revisit this if UVA gets to the FF.
I'd say Michigan State has done pretty well running the packline for the last 20 years. 7 FF's, 1 Chip & 1 runner-up.
Izzo will play M2M, zone, and pack line depending on the opponent and his personnel. Miller is more like Bennett in that he doesn't mix it up on defense.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

There's more going on with Miller than we all know, think he's gone.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i will put this out there, I was told weeks ago (as I posted here already) that Coach Miller knew this was a “sinking ship” and was “searching for any lifeboat he could find” by a very good source.

i was also told he met with Pitt in LA when he was on a “recruiting trip” allegedly a few weeks ago.

i was told all this before the ESPN bullshit.

none of this impacted or has changed my mind that this would be Millers last season at AZ

just thought I’d put that out there
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

97cats wrote:i will put this out there, I was told weeks ago (as I posted here already) that Coach Miller knew this was a “sinking ship” and was “searching for any lifeboat he could find” by a very good source.

i was also told he met with Pitt in LA when he was on a “recruiting trip” allegedly a few weeks ago.

none of this impacted or has changed my mind that this would be Millers last season at AZ

I sincerely hope he takes the job then, good luck coach.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Never thought I’d see the day Pitt went from zero chance to possibly/maybe/likely! Oh well
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ChooChooCat wrote:
97cats wrote:i will put this out there, I was told weeks ago (as I posted here already) that Coach Miller knew this was a “sinking ship” and was “searching for any lifeboat he could find” by a very good source.

Absolutely and totally. I will be rooting for his fresh start and success. He deserves as much.
az91

Post by az91 »

pokinmik wrote:Never thought I’d see the day Pitt went from zero chance to possibly/maybe/likely! Oh well
As bad as things are here, Pitt might be much worse with eight players requesting to transfer (per a Jeff Goodman tweet, FWIW).
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Siempre Verde wrote:Thing is, if you’re going to run a certain and set scheme, you need to recruit players who are capable of playing in and willing to buy into said system.
I think this was a huge issue. Being at an elite program and being a good recruiter we were able to get a lot of talent. However, not all of that talent may have fit the scheme that Miller was successful with at Xavier and when he first got here. I think he went away from his defense first approach, and it eventually screwed him in the end.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

az91 wrote:
pokinmik wrote:Never thought I’d see the day Pitt went from zero chance to possibly/maybe/likely! Oh well
As bad as things are here, Pitt might be much worse with eight players requesting to transfer (per a Jeff Goodman tweet, FWIW).
Just saw this. Will they even have a team?

Where ever he goes, that ESPN article is going to haunt him. Shame how much power they hold.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

SO... no North Carolina?

That's a win!!! 2 years ago, that was our biggest concern!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Why do we want him back then? Seriously, this guy is trying to flee, to Pitt of all places
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:

It's a measure of things that I can't believe Pitt would take Miller right now.
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Miller is now damaged goods. I doubt there's a viable lifeboat anywhere near.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Miller is a total snake if he met with Pitt in LA. No way would I cheer for him if that happened. Our program is in shambles. We are now worse off than when he arrived. I know he "cheated" with the intention of winning, but meeting with your next employer before the tourney is a total betrayal. Our fans deserve better. Talk about Ides of March. Fuck.
psiclist23

Post by psiclist23 »

I posted this in another thread:

Miller has been vastly rewarded -$$$$- for doing things a certain way. And a level of success that most teams envy. Would you rush, or even be able, to change a system that has paid you millions over a few short years?
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

TatetheGreat wrote:Miller is a total snake if he met with Pitt in LA. No way would I cheer for him if that happened. Our program is in shambles. We are now worse off than when he arrived. I know he "cheated" with the intention of winning, but meeting with your next employer before the tourney is a total betrayal. Our fans deserve better. Talk about Ides of March. Fuck.
It happens everywhere and in every industry for high-level jobs. You can't tell me Arizona has not met/talked/reached out with coaches in private since the FBI thing went down.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

97cats wrote:Parker Jackson-Cartwright on the loss to Buffalo:

“They punched us in the mouth from the beginning and even though we were down two at the half, it felt like we were down 15. They stole our pride from us today.”

i having nothing to say
Thats some fucking bullshit right there. SMH
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

jajoyce wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:Miller is a total snake if he met with Pitt in LA. No way would I cheer for him if that happened. Our program is in shambles. We are now worse off than when he arrived. I know he "cheated" with the intention of winning, but meeting with your next employer before the tourney is a total betrayal. Our fans deserve better. Talk about Ides of March. Fuck.
It happens everywhere and in every industry for high-level jobs. You can't tell me Arizona has not met/talked/reached out with coaches in private since the FBI thing went down.
I doubt Arizona has reached out. The admin is like a big bloated government, only reacting as new news hits.

Who the eff will want to follow in Miller's footsteps? I'd argue UCLA's job is more attractive right now.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

97 I want to formally apologize to you. I gave you shit and was rude about how you treated PJC. If that PJC quote is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, I just only saw it here to date, then you were totally right about everything you said about the guy. TJ and Lyons would never let someone punk them like that and get away with it. Need toughness bad at the PG spot.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

In fairness, wasn't Miller expecting either Trier and/or Kobi Simmons to step up this year at PG?

Trier had a bad year IMO. His ceiling seemed so much higher, don't see him getting out of the G-league.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:

“They punched us in the mouth from the beginning and even though we were down two at the half, it felt like we were down 15. They stole our pride from us today.”

i having nothing to say
At least there's enough self awareness that we got emasculated last night. I still don't know how you stand there and let it happen, but that quote is true.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Bosy Billups wrote:In fairness, wasn't Miller expecting either Trier and/or Kobi Simmons to step up this year at PG?

Trier had a bad year IMO. His ceiling seemed so much higher, don't see him getting out of the G-league.
I thought he said last year Kobi and camp had made their intentions clear the whole year.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

i having nothing to say
At least there's enough self awareness that we got emasculated last night. I still don't know how you stand there and let it happen, but that quote is true.
I hope they're embarrassed to walk around campus. I would be. They'll probably act like nothing is wrong, try to get in to some fraternity parties this week like they always do. Hopefully get denied.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

jajoyce wrote:
Yes, for better jobs. Interviewing with Pitt during conference play is completely selfish and unforgivable. We know the university was not meeting with potential replacements because the administration stood by him even after the ESPN story. It would have been easy to fire him and have Romar finish out the season. Either this is a BS rumor or Miller is a snake.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Well, wasn't the story that Arizona and Miller mutually agreed to part ways at the end of the season back in October? And that the ESPN hit piece saved the marriage? If he met with them before the marriage was saved, I can't be too mad at that. I'd be trying to line up something too.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

rgdeuce wrote:Well, wasn't the story that Arizona and Miller mutually agreed to part ways at the end of the season back in October? And that the ESPN hit piece saved the marriage? If he met with them before the marriage was saved, I can't be too mad at that. I'd be trying to line up something too.
I don't buy that. The admin would have canned him if they were splitting after the season anyway. Lame duck coaches don't survive allegations of serious NCAA infractions. I think Robbins and Heeke are still in his corner. It is up to Miller to stay or walk away.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Well, wasn't the story that Arizona and Miller mutually agreed to part ways at the end of the season back in October? And that the ESPN hit piece saved the marriage? If he met with them before the marriage was saved, I can't be too mad at that. I'd be trying to line up something too.
I don't buy that. The admin would have canned him if they were splitting after the season anyway. Lame duck coaches don't survive allegations of serious NCAA infractions. I think Robbins and Heeke are still in his corner. It is up to Miller to stay or walk away.
They certainly were in his corner prior to last night's game. I'm very curious what both they and the boosters think after losing by 20 plus points to a 13 seed last night.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

i having nothing to say
Sure as hell looked like it was true. Either way, you arent catching me saying any kind of shit like that, especially for someone to print. The mindset behind that game/quote is baffling to me.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Here's where PJC says it post game.

What an awful defeatist attitude when you already give up at the half. It's no wonder they got blown out second half, instead of coming back like they normally do in the second half. They just gave up.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:Here's where PJC says it post game.

What an awful defeatist attitude when you already give up at the half. It's no wonder they got blown out second half, instead of coming back like they normally do in the second half. They just gave up.
They were down 2 at the half. T-W-O.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If you feel your down “15” then come out and get 17....

Terrible.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

i having nothing to say
Sure as hell looked like it was true. Either way, you arent catching me saying any kind of shit like that, especially for someone to print. The mindset behind that game/quote is baffling to me.
It stuns me. I don't know how you basically say you're someone else's b***h. Plus, it's BUFFALO. No disrespect to Buffalo, but it's not like we were down 2 to the '96 Bulls.

We have the consensus #1 draft pick on our team and people were getting their confidence crushed down 2 to a #13 seed at the half? That quote is baffling on so many levels.

For the record, I don't mean b***h in a sexist way. I mean it only about men. That is the craziest quote. No only to do it but then to say it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

And for everyone to feel that!

Shit Pindar, ristic, and Rawle were gaming the first half. Don’t give me this shit that “everyone felt we were down by 15”

You think Miller thought that? Smh
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:Chiefzona, who is widely disliked by many here, but was 100% correct on Richrod being fired.

He doesn't know, believe me. He ultimately may not be wrong, but he still has no idea at this point.
Chief was piling on all over Miller on Twitter during the espn shitshow a couple weeks ago and then went dead silent on the issue as soon as it was resolved. Not another word. Now he's back firing up his Twitter the second things look grim again. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt on the football side, but he's not a basketball fan - just an opportunistic flamer.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:And for everyone to feel that!

Shit Pindar, ristic, and Rawle were gaming the first half. Don’t give me this shit that “everyone felt we were down by 15”

You think Miller thought that? Smh
I understand feeling like we were getting our asses kicked. I don't understand feeling like we're getting our asses kicked and the first inclination not being to fight back.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

If you were Miller, would you rather rebuild here after a shit-show season, coming off three consecutive seasons getting bounced in the NCAA's by a double digit seed? Or, would you rather rebuild at your alma mater and zero expectations for at least two years?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

i having nothing to say
A friend of mine, who is a little bit of a hot-head, but the kind that folds like a cheap lawn chair when any pressure is applied. He once ended up in Pinal County Jail because he didn't finish his community service for a reckless driving charge. He was full of excuses as to why, but eventually he got pulled over again and the judge made him serve a few days in lieu of community service.

Well, when he got in to the jail, he was immediately approached and asked for his lunch. He didn't eat the entire time he was in there, because once his lunch was stolen once, it was fair game.

When he was recounting this story to us, my friend who was a DPS officer at the time declared "you're a bitch, all you had to do was hit him with your damn tray and you would have been left alone. "

This line from PJC rings so much of my friend who bitched out in jail and lost his lunch because of it. We all saw the fight he has in Vegas, yet he decided to fold like a bitch and let a lesser opponent take his lunch.

Sad.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

splitsecond wrote:

i having nothing to say
A friend of mine, who is a little bit of a hot-head, but the kind that folds like a cheap lawn chair when any pressure is applied. He once ended up in Pinal County Jail because he didn't finish his community service for a reckless driving charge. He was full of excuses as to why, but eventually he got pulled over again and the judge made him serve a few days in lieu of community service.

Well, when he got in to the jail, he was immediately approached and asked for his lunch. He didn't eat the entire time he was in there, because once his lunch was stolen once, it was fair game.

When he was recounting this story to us, my friend who was a DPS officer at the time declared "you're a bitch, all you had to do was hit him with your damn tray and you would have been left alone. "

This line from PJC rings so much of my friend who bitched out in jail and lost his lunch because of it. We all saw the fight he has in Vegas, yet he decided to fold like a bitch and let a lesser opponent take his lunch.

Sad.
https://genius.com/Geto-boys-damn-it-fe ... sta-lyrics" target="_blank

I've always thought that song did a great job in identifying the difference between tough words and actual toughness.