Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Alieberman »

It would be kind of awesome to have Tommy and Sean win back to back NCOY
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

At least during the 2022-3 season, I imagine X will make a further run than UA during the NCAAs.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:08 pm At least during the 2022-3 season, I imagine X will make a further run than UA during the NCAAs.
Probably true. How are their guards? Ours are soft as a feather pillow.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:33 pm
Merkin wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:08 pm At least during the 2022-3 season, I imagine X will make a further run than UA during the NCAAs.
Haven't seen X play, but apparently their PG is quite a player.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ouley-boum
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

His team leads the nation in a sister per game. We are #2 I think.they are #5 in adjusted offense and top 20 I think in adjusted defense. They are a real contender for the FF
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

If we can't get to the FF this year (and it looks very doubtful at this point), I really hope Miller gets there.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:49 pm If we can't get to the FF this year (and it looks very doubtful at this point), I really hope Miller gets there.
Same. The ceiling for this UA team is probably S16, based on matchups in the first 2 rounds if they are unathletic, and don't have a domineering big. Which could put them out the first weekend if they do.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Merkin wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:49 pm

Sean identified their point guard from a previous team when they played Arizona and he was able to score against us. Forgot where he transferred from to X.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

TheCat wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:52 pm
Merkin wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:49 pm

Sean identified their point guard from a previous team when they played Arizona and he was able to score against us. Forgot where he transferred from to X.
Shades of TJ. He played against us and Sean got him on a transfer.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Played for UTEP. Also played his freshman yr for San Fran
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I heart CSM and will always root for him.

Go X!
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Sean Miller official NCAA Tournament record at Arizona:

2010 - Did not play
2011 - 3-1
2012 - Did not play (0-1 NIT)
2013 - 2-1
2014 - 3-1
2015 - 3-1
2016 - 0-1
2017 - vacated (ineligible player)
2018 - vacated (ineligible player)
2019 - Did not play
2020 - cancelled (Covid)
2021 - banned

Wish him all the luck in the world...
... at Xavier
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Who was the ineligible player?
Mike Luke's burner account.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

KillerKlown wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:03 am Who was the ineligible player?
Rawle Alkins
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Wouldn't it be our karmic fate as Wildcat fans that Miller's first FF is with Xavier the first year coaching after being screwed out of coaching for us?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:56 pm Wouldn't it be our karmic fate as Wildcat fans that Miller's first FF is with Xavier the first year coaching after being screwed out of coaching for us?
Yes it would but tbh that man deserves a FF visit as he worked his ass off trying to get us there and he always said the standard measurement for our program is and should always be reaching the FF.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This Xavier team is really good on both ends of the floor. They will be a very hard out in the tourney.

Miller is an outstanding evaluator of talent. He would make a great NBA GM. His ability to find a roster that works each year is amazing.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I know they'll put Xavier in our bracket, but I really hope they wont so I can fully root for him to get that Final 4 he deserves. The man has paid his dues and then some.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I think they will also put the Zags in our bracket.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Good, can we not have Alabama in our bracket? I'll take X and the Zags over Bama.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

We're getting TCU in our bracket for sure. After the overtime thriller and the controversy that followed the game last year, it's pretty much set in stone.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

TCU or Houston are not the teams I want to see.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Kicking UConn’s a$$ at half 36-24 on the road. Miller is the NCOY I think
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

azcat49 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:32 pm Kicking UConn’s a$$ at half 36-24 on the road. Miller is the NCOY I think
UConn came storming back in the second half. 3 point game with a few seconds left.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Xavier wins 82-79
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yea, I almost jinxed it. Forgot about that but glad they held on. They never trailed the whole 40 minutes
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I wish Sean could have beat UCONN in a another game I could recall…
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:09 pm I wish Sean could have beat UCONN in a another game I could recall…
Yeah, no shit!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:09 pm I wish Sean could have beat UCONN in a another game I could recall…
Think the vibe with Xavier is just completely different. While Xavier's a proud program with a respectable history, they're not Arizona. The pressure and expectations at AZ are a lot, and for the most part, Sean handled all of it masterfully. He's an excellent coach, and in spite of the smear campaign that cost him the AZ job, he's also a consummate professional. He's a winner. At Xavier, he's now a big fish in a small pond. He's not supposed to be a top 10 team in year one back there, and yet, there he is. Quietly going about his business, savoring the chance of knocking out some "name" programs in this year's tourney. If we actually do face Xavier in the tourney, it'll be the first time I've ever felt conflicted about rooting for AZ. I'd never root against my alma mater, of course, but I'll always be happy when Sean Miller succeeds. He has my respect.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

If we face Xavier in the Tourney I fully expect our crowd to give him a long standing ovation, one that brings CSM to tears.

He deserves it and he should know (which he probably does) how the fanbase feels about him still and also how we feel about what happened to him that led to his firing.
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:04 am
Think the vibe with Xavier is just completely different. While Xavier's a proud program with a respectable history, they're not Arizona. The pressure and expectations at AZ are a lot, and for the most part, Sean handled all of it masterfully. He's an excellent coach, and in spite of the smear campaign that cost him the AZ job, he's also a consummate professional. He's a winner. At Xavier, he's now a big fish in a small pond. He's not supposed to be a top 10 team in year one back there, and yet, there he is. Quietly going about his business, savoring the chance of knocking out some "name" programs in this year's tourney. If we actually do face Xavier in the tourney, it'll be the first time I've ever felt conflicted about rooting for AZ. I'd never root against my alma mater, of course, but I'll always be happy when Sean Miller succeeds. He has my respect.
My sentiments exactly. I'd never intentionally pull for our Wildcats to lose, however, I would consider an Arizona tourney loss to Xavier a "good" loss because CSM will always be a Wildcat. If Arizona doesn't make it all the way to the end, I'd rather it be a family member who clipped our wings.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Basketcats wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 am I would consider an Arizona tourney loss to Xavier a "good" loss because CSM will always be a Wildcat.
That's one of the most fucked up things I've ever read on these boards!

Arizona is a better team than Xavier, and will have a higher seed in the tourney. In no way would that be a "good loss"! WTF!!!

Sure, if such a disaster did occur, I'd gladly support CSM moving forward, while I continued to bemoan a bad tourney exit!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

If we face Xavier in the tourney, right now, it would probably be a Sweet 16 match-up. ESPN has Arizona a 2 seed and Xavier a 3 seed. CBS currently has us as the last #1 seed, and Xavier a 4 seed. Somehow, I don't think the committee matches us up with Xavier until a possible Elite 8. That would be quite the story line if we both make it. Who gets to the Final Four first? Miller, or his former team in Arizona?

I too will also be rooting for Miller. Not only is there less pressure at Xavier versus Arizona, Miller is a better coach today than he was five years ago. He's learned how to attack zone defenses, and his team isn't locked in 100% playing the pack-line D too. Miller was already a very good coach before, but now, I think he's taken his game to another level. And had he stayed at Arizona, we would be the beneficiaries. Instead, we got Tommy, who has proven to be, so far, just as good.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:40 am
Basketcats wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 am I would consider an Arizona tourney loss to Xavier a "good" loss because CSM will always be a Wildcat.

Arizona is a better team than Xavier, and will have a higher seed in the tourney. In no way would that be a "good loss"! WTF!!!

Sure, if such a disaster did occur, I'd gladly support CSM moving forward, while I continued to bemoan a bad tourney exit!!!
Yeah.....most forecast have us as a number 2 seed and X as a 3. That shows how much better folks think we are. Xavier is doing this with a team that did not make the tourney last year and we are doing it with some players from a 1 seed. We are very happy with our new coach and Xavier should be happy with theirs. I hope we meet in the final four.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:59 am And had he stayed at Arizona, we would be the beneficiaries.
I'm not so sure on this part. I think the time off did Sean a world of good and really revitalized his mindset. I don't think he'd be the coach he is now if he didn't have that break.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I have to say: it's actually rare that officiating impacts a game to the degree it did in Xavier/Creighton today. It takes multiple refs having bad days (or just multiple bad refs assigned to the game). But it's a shame when this happens.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I smiled when CSM got a Tech in his usual quiet way. Had some passing words to ref going down the court.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

wrong thread
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

I never said I would be happy with Arizona losing. Yes, Arizona is better than Xavier. It would be heartbreaking if they did not reach the FF and I am offended by your implication that I would even venture down that path. As I have said before, I bleed Cardinal and Navy. I always have and will until the day I die.

With that said, I would be good with them losing to a team whose coach gave his all to the Wildcats for 12 years. Arizona will ALWAYS be my #1. There is always a 2nd in life though. If your #1 doesn't make it across the finish line, would you rather it be your #2 taking them out or someone who you despise? If Arizona was going to lose and there was no way to prevent it, would you rather see Kentucky and Calipari or Kansas and Self beat them instead of Xavier and CSM? If so, then you are just a CSM hater and I can see where you are coming from. I get it. Either you like or hate him. I am not a hater.

Miller was loyal to the school. So much so that it cost him his job. I think he did everything he could to keep Arizona relevant in college hoops during his tenure. He deserves his shot.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Just curious guys, but how much fellating do we have to do of Sean Miller to meet the quota of fellatio required to get over him for this message board? I just want to know how long I need to mute this thread for. Thanks.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Basketcats wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:01 am

I never said I would be happy with Arizona losing. Yes, Arizona is better than Xavier. It would be heartbreaking if they did not reach the FF and I am offended by your implication that I would even venture down that path. As I have said before, I bleed Cardinal and Navy. I always have and will until the day I die.

With that said, I would be good with them losing to a team whose coach gave his all to the Wildcats for 12 years. Arizona will ALWAYS be my #1. There is always a 2nd in life though. If your #1 doesn't make it across the finish line, would you rather it be your #2 taking them out or someone who you despise? If Arizona was going to lose and there was no way to prevent it, would you rather see Kentucky and Calipari or Kansas and Self beat them instead of Xavier and CSM? If so, then you are just a CSM hater and I can see where you are coming from. I get it. Either you like or hate him. I am not a hater.

Miller was loyal to the school. So much so that it cost him his job. I think he did everything he could to keep Arizona relevant in college hoops during his tenure. He deserves his shot.
My response to your post had nothing to do with Miller, as I said. I like CSM - I think he had to leave, and in fact, is better for it. I will continue to follow and support him.

My point is that a loss to Xavier, in the tourney or anytime, actually, would not in any way conceivable be a "good loss"!!! Period.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

pc in NM wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:11 am
Basketcats wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:01 am

My response to your post had nothing to do with Miller, as I said. I like CSM - I think he had to leave, and in fact, is better for it. I will continue to follow and support him.

My point is that a loss to Xavier, in the tourney or anytime, actually, would not in any way conceivable be a "good loss"!!! Period.
"good" as in not the best, but could be a helluva lot worse. That is what I meant by it. My example in the 2nd paragraph of my response. Losing to Kansas or Kentucky would piss me off to no end because I despise both coaches and think that the teams are overhyped year in year out. Losing to Xavier would be better than losing to those two because it would be easier to swallow. Not much easier because it is still a loss, but still, the bitter taste might fade away faster.

I don't know how else to explain it. I am not all or nothing kind of person. There is always a gray area. Sometimes you have to venture in there.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:06 am Just curious guys, but how much fellating do we have to do of Sean Miller to meet the quota of fellatio required to get over him for this message board? I just want to know how long I need to mute this thread for. Thanks.
What's your problem with fellatio my friend?
I have been married over 25 years so I try to get it wherever I can...

:lol:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:33 am
ChooChooCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:06 am Just curious guys, but how much fellating do we have to do of Sean Miller to meet the quota of fellatio required to get over him for this message board? I just want to know how long I need to mute this thread for. Thanks.
What's your problem with fellatio my friend?
I have been married over 25 years so I try to get it wherever I can...

:lol:
Oh by all means if this thread were about us trying to get fellatio I'd have zero problem with it. The gargling of Sean Miller going on here is a bit much for me though. If you guys want to fellate him this bad I can get his number for you lol.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Choo..........you didn't like him so fuck you and keep muting. Got it?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TheCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:48 am
Choo..........you didn't like him so fuck you and keep muting. Got it?
Just remember to cup the balls buddy.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If I just want to cuddle or maybe a little spooning… Is that acceptable?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:44 pm
If I just want to cuddle or maybe a little spooning… Is that acceptable?
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Maybe you should follow your own advice and do fellatio for each person you try to convince to buy Arizona football season tickets.
Mike Luke's burner account.