Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Macho Grande

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Macho Grande »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:06 am Just curious guys, but how much fellating do we have to do of Sean Miller to meet the quota of fellatio required to get over him for this message board? I just want to know how long I need to mute this thread for. Thanks.
Now you've done it. You've called down the wrath of those who continue to worship at the altar of Saint Sean.

About a year ago, a poster brought up the question of maybe moving this thread to a different part of the forum, and I agreed with him. If memory serves me correctly, one of the Miller fanatics called us "clowns" for even mentioning the possibility, and even suggested that we should be banned. :lol:
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:46 pm
Alieberman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:44 pm
ChooChooCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:06 am Just curious guys, but how much fellating do we have to do of Sean Miller to meet the quota of fellatio required to get over him for this message board? I just want to know how long I need to mute this thread for. Thanks.
If I just want to cuddle or maybe a little spooning… Is that acceptable?
And even if it escalates it's not. my. prolem.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:04 pm
TheCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:48 am
Choo..........you didn't like him so fuck you and keep muting. Got it?
Just remember to cup the balls buddy.
Will do it will make them easier for you to swallow and keep muting which you aren't doing.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TheCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:18 pm
Will do it will make them easier for you to swallow and keep muting which you aren't doing.
Why would I be the one who's swallowing? You're the one doing the sucking here.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

KillerKlown wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:19 pm
Maybe you should follow your own advice and do fellatio for each person you try to convince to buy Arizona football season tickets.
Do....do you have me confused with somebody else? I don't think I've ever talked about anyone ever buying football season tickets my entire life.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Personally don't miss Sean at all. Wish him the best but we are in better hands imo. Or at the very least, I enjoy watching this kind of basketball a lot more.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

To be fair, I don’t think anyone is missing Miller. I think we are all reveling in sticking it to ESPIN and his success helps to foster our opinion that they did a good guy/coach wrong.it really worked out great for all involved
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Xavier is going to have a rough stretch
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:40 am
KillerKlown wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:19 pm
Maybe you should follow your own advice and do fellatio for each person you try to convince to buy Arizona football season tickets.
Do....do you have me confused with somebody else? I don't think I've ever talked about anyone ever buying football season tickets my entire life.
I actually did have you confused with someone else. Thought you were phx.
Mike Luke's burner account.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Only a BAD FAN would not buy football tickets.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

84Cat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:36 pm Xavier is going to have a rough stretch
Why do I get the feeling that CSM is just plain jinxed…
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:41 pm
Don't worry this will just hit Xavier enough to drop them down to a 7 seed or so and they'll play us in the 2nd round. You can basically guarantee it.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:42 pm
Don't worry this will just hit Xavier enough to drop them down to a 7 seed or so and they'll play us in the 2nd round. You can basically guarantee it.
So what you are saying is we are just plain jinxed?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

wyo-cat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:34 pm Only a BAD FAN would not buy football tickets.
And we're waiting for them to apologize.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I don't think you will be sucking Sean. He wouldn't let you and that is probably why you hate him. No I was referring to me. Having respect for a individual who gave his all for this university is what normal folks would do. You can dislike his coaching style, attitude or whatever but he gave more to this university, especially considering how he was treated, then you ever will. Now what about going back to muting?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:26 pm
wyo-cat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:34 pm Only a BAD FAN would not buy football tickets.
I've never bought a football ticket.

Am I a bad fan?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Well this guy was their second best player and their only real good big. Feel bad for them. I think the NCAA tourney might even be in question if he isn't back to help them go far in their conference tourney. We will see what rabbit Sean can pull out his hat.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TheCat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:17 pm

I don't think you will be sucking Sean. He wouldn't let you and that is probably why you hate him. No I was referring to me. Having respect for a individual who gave his all for this university is what normal folks would do. You can dislike his coaching style, attitude or whatever but he gave more to this university, especially considering how he was treated, then you ever will. Now what about going back to muting?
I like Sean. I don’t like him as the coach of Arizona any more and think it’s time to move on from discussing him at the volume this board does since our current coach is better. Also it’s nice you’re white knighting for him, but he’s still not going to love you back.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:44 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:26 pm
I've never bought a football ticket.

Am I a bad fan?
Yes! You're bad, so bad, like the vast majority of bad fans! Unapologetic and just plain bad!

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:07 pm
TheCat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:17 pm

I like Sean. I don’t like him as the coach of Arizona any more and think it’s time to move on from discussing him at the volume this board does since our current coach is better. Also it’s nice you’re white knighting for him, but he’s still not going to love you back.
My mistake. I didn't know it was you who decided how often and what we should talk about in the Sean Miller stream. Just stay out or do you have that little self control? I like our coach but it is a little early to anoint him better then any of our previous coaches yet. He is doing unbelievably great but my measure is going to be longer than one and half seasons with a good portion of the scoring from the previous guys players.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Love Sean Miller.

Not going to stop.

If that’s “fellating” him, oh well, but I don’t think anyone believes that Sean is reading the praise he gets here. And if he is? Hi coach! Thanks for bleeding red & blue for well over a decade!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TheCat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:56 am
My mistake. I didn't know it was you who decided how often and what we should talk about in the Sean Miller stream. Just stay out or do you have that little self control? I like our coach but it is a little early to anoint him better then any of our previous coaches yet. He is doing unbelievably great but my measure is going to be longer than one and half seasons with a good portion of the scoring from the previous guys players.
Lol you're fucking adorable.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:00 am Love Sean Miller.

Not going to stop.
But why? Serious question. I get liking the guy, but loving him?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Well I expected a reply like that from you. Can't defend criticizing someone for posting about Sean Miller in the Sean Miller thread? Also see you can't keep your promise to mute. You're a fucking joke and have been for awhile.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:03 am

Not going to stop.
It’s a good question.

A) His passion. His absolute need to win every 5 minute stretch of every single game matched my own (but admittedly probably burned him out, definitely led to some of the shady shit that went on, and probably led to how tight we played in those Elite 8 games).

B) How he was fucked over by the UA admin but hasn’t said one bad word about Arizona.

C) How he embraced Lute’s legacy and the players of the past and tied them both to the teams he coached. His reverence and respect for those who built the program were top notch.

That’s MY coach. The same way Lute was, and hopefully one day Tommy will be.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Not going to stop.
This is the FUCKING SEAN MILLER thread. Just stay out of it if you don't want to talk about him or his teams. One of the reason to stay connected is our success last year and to a large part this year was because of HIS talent evaluation and drive to get overseas players when we had no chance of getting others. Tommy is starting his own legacy and one that I'm impressed with but I will post that in the Tommy thread.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:10 am

Not going to stop.
It’s a good question.

A) His passion. His absolute need to win every 5 minute stretch of every single game matched my own (but admittedly probably burned him out, definitely led to some of the shady shit that went on, and probably led to how tight we played in those Elite 8 games).

B) How he was fucked over by the UA admin but hasn’t said one bad word about Arizona.

C) How he embraced Lute’s legacy and the players of the past and tied them both to the teams he coached. His reverence and respect for those who built the program were top notch.

A) No question he has great passion for winning. You could also argue his passion was also his downfall as a coach in some respects.

B) Yeah it sucks, but his performance was catching up to him. You could make the argument that if given more years maybe he could've fully turned it around, but I'm not sure he adjusts his coaching style without the year off from coaching. He needed a break and Arizona fans needed a break, regardless how many of you there are that still love him. As far as not saying one bad word publicly about Arizona, well he's a professional. You don't go burning bridges when you're still in the game. The real people who fucked him over was the sports media and he doesn't talk shit about them either, because he's a professional and knows better.

C) Yeah he did a good job, but the whole "A Players Program" deal was such phony bullshit. It was a Sean Miller Program and any player that played during his tenure would tell you that (not saying that it was even bad). He was smart and embraced the tradition. Most coaches do unless they're worthless drunks just trying to collect a paycheck (Sumlin). Arizona Basketball has numerous influential alums and Sean knew that and acted accordingly.

I don't see many similarities to Lute and Miller. In fact I see way more between Lute and Tommy, but to each his own I guess.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TheCat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:17 am

Not going to stop.
This is the FUCKING SEAN MILLER thread. Just stay out of it if you don't want to talk about him or his teams. One of the reason to stay connected is our success last year and to a large part this year was because of HIS talent evaluation and drive to get overseas players when we had no chance of getting others. Tommy is starting his own legacy and one that I'm impressed with but I will post that in the Tommy thread.
Lol I wasn't asking you sweetheart. I asked someone whose opinion I actually value. You can continue yelling into the void though.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I think he lied regarding in his presser about the scandal. Dawkins said as much.

Regardless, it was his program and staff that brought dishonor to our university.

No need for another endless discussion about what did and didn't happen. Just saying not everybody here loves him.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Can we get a mod to move this to arch rivals?
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Miller was adjusting his coaching style his last year at Arizona. We were mixing in zone defenses and getting out on the break more to take advantage of Zu, who is one of the best bigs on the break, even as a freshman. Miller's last year at Arizona, making us a bubble team with a roster that was maybe NIT worthy, and under a giant NCAA cloud was perhaps his best at Arizona. In my opinion, Miller's coaching job almost thwarted the plans of Robbins/Heeke, who thought we'd struggle on the court, which would give them reason to fire Miller. When that didn't happen, Robbins/Heeke insured we wouldn't make the tournament, and then fired Miller. But imagine what might have happened had we caught fire in the PAC-12 tournament instead of Oregon State, or caught fire in the NCAA tournament instead of UCLA. Can you really fire Miller after that?

Miller got a raw deal in Tucson, and has never badmouthed the school or the admin. And he did his best to win every basketball game he coached. Mad respect for Miller. And I believe he would have improved as a coach even without the year off. He was already adjusting.

Now I'm happy with Tommy, but wish nothing but success for Miller. In the end, Miller back home at Xavier and Tommy here in Tucson may work out best for all parties. Nothing wrong with that. But Miller deserved better in the end for all he gave to the UA, and the fans.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:26 am
CardiacCats97 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:10 am

Not going to stop.
It’s a good question.

A) No question he has great passion for winning. You could also argue his passion was also his downfall as a coach in some respects.

B) Yeah it sucks, but his performance was catching up to him. You could make the argument that if given more years maybe he could've fully turned it around, but I'm not sure he adjusts his coaching style without the year off from coaching. He needed a break and Arizona fans needed a break, regardless how many of you there are that still love him. As far as not saying one bad word publicly about Arizona, well he's a professional. You don't go burning bridges when you're still in the game. The real people who fucked him over was the sports media and he doesn't talk shit about them either, because he's a professional and knows better.

C) Yeah he did a good job, but the whole "A Players Program" deal was such phony bullshit. It was a Sean Miller Program and any player that played during his tenure would tell you that (not saying that it was even bad). He was smart and embraced the tradition. Most coaches do unless they're worthless drunks just trying to collect a paycheck (Sumlin). Arizona Basketball has numerous influential alums and Sean knew that and acted accordingly.

I don't see many similarities to Lute and Miller. In fact I see way more between Lute and Tommy, but to each his own I guess.
In answer to A), I acknowledged as much. As far as B & C, I’m not really seeing any reason to have less love for him. Every head coach has to be a bit of an egomaniac, but he was OUR egomaniac. He was MY egomaniac. He is the guy I’d want coaching my kid even if Sean did call him a “motherfucker” on national TV after my dipshit child told him to “chill out”. :lol:

Fan is short for fanatic. And I remain a Sean Miller fan, warts and all. Just love that guy.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Many people, rightly or wrongly, judge a coach by how he and his teams perform in the NCAA tournament.
Sean Miller never made a Final Four as a player.
Sean Miller never made a Final Four as an assistant coach.
Sean Miller never made a Final Four as a head coach.
Tommy Lloyd has been on the bench for two National Championship games.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Don't know what Sean did to earn such dogged devotion from some of you. It sure as hell wasn't Final Four banners. Hell, he failed to even get us past the first round of the tourney in two of the last three years he took us there. And then there was the time when he seriously considered leaving to take the Maryland job. Only reason he didn't leave then was because Maryland's AD refused to lower academic standards for players. Don't know why you feel you owe such blind loyalty to him when he was obviously ready to ditch us if something better came along.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Macho Grande wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am Don't know what Sean did to earn such dogged devotion from some of you. It sure as hell wasn't Final Four banners. Hell, he failed to even get us past the first round of the tourney in two of the last three years he took us there. And then there was the time when he seriously considered leaving to take the Maryland job. Only reason he didn't leave then was because Maryland's AD refused to lower academic standards for players. Don't know why you feel you owe such blind loyalty to him when he was obviously ready to ditch us if something better came along.
I thank Sean Miller for proving that Arizona is a program and not a one coach program. Of all positive things he gave us that was the most important.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Since Sean Miller is not our coach anymore- this topic has been moved to arch rivals

All are still free to discuss any intimate desires towards him or lack there of
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Speaking of karma - the last time that Sean Miller officially (not vacated) coached a team to a win in the NCAA tournament was March 26, 2015 - against Xavier.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Merkin wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:22 am Can we get a mod to move this to arch rivals?
Why would you have mods move the Sean Miller thread to arch rivals? Don't read it if you don't want to. Obviously there is still great interest in him on the Arizona board.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I’ve made some happy that I moved this to arch rivals
Made some angry

As soon as Sean Miller is reinstated as the AZ basketball coach I will move this back to the AZ Basketball forum

You have my word
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Really makes sense to take your most popular thread (judged by posts) and stick it here. Genius. Guys must have majored in marketing.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TheCat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:40 pm
Merkin wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:22 am Can we get a mod to move this to arch rivals?
Why would you have mods move the Sean Miller thread to arch rivals? Don't read it if you don't want to. Obviously there is still great interest in him on the Arizona board.

Why can't you read about him on arch rivals? Do you know that it is still on this site?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

TheCat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:50 pm Really makes sense to take your most popular thread (judged by posts) and stick it here. Genius. Guys must have majored in marketing.
I second Ari's move simply as a matter of proper procedural order. As for CSM, whenever we ain't playing him I have no problem rooting for an arch rival, especially since he is both a good coach, an excellent representative of UofA, and my kind of asshole who unfairly got the shaft. I don't prefer simple categories that fail to reflect the nuanced injustices of life and the way people and events are composites of various, changing, and opposing elements.

Well done Sean. Well done Ari. Well done you fucking BDW knuckleheads. Keep it comin'.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

For the record- I’m not taking sides here

I don’t care that some want to praise everything and anything Sean Miller

And I don’t care that some are more than ready to move on

Keep all your thoughts coming…. But Sean Miller is not currently part of the AZ basketball program

That was my only reason for moving it
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Well he’s certainly not an arch rival.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Pulled out a gritty OT win over Providence.

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Sure did pull out a close win and it was rebounding that did it. I wonder why the Star tracks Miller and Xavier since it is not an Arizona team?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That was a great game to watch. Might have been the best (non AZ game) college gane I have seen this year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:49 pm I’ve made some happy that I moved this to arch rivals
Made some angry

As soon as Sean Miller is reinstated as the AZ basketball coach I will move this back to the AZ Basketball forum

You have my word
You made one dipshit angry and the rest support the move, because it makes the most logical sense. Cheers bud.