Covid 19

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

U.P. Zona Fan

Covid 19

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Can't believe nobody started this thread yet.

Well I'm gonna just vent here.

The UP is the best place in the world.

However there is a 30 to 40 day span starting in early to mid March where everything turns into mud, then we get 36 inches of wet nasty snow that you can't plow because your driveway is mud. Places of business close for a month, there is no skiing, snowmobiling, can't go to camp cause the road is shot, can't walk around in your yard cause you'll sink in the places where you cleared the snow but the places you didn't still have 3 feet of sloppy slush that is just horrible. The NCAA tournament really takes the edge off. No wonder everyone just sits home and drinks.

So screw you covid 19 for further wrecking the worst 30 days of the year.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
scumdevils86

Re: Covid 19

Post by scumdevils86 »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

During which month do the mosquitoes show up? You know, the ones so big they can stand flat footed and fuck a turkey?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Those bugs are big. We spent a week in the UP last (late) June and we had never seen so many bugs as we saw up in the UP. Great place though
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

dovecanyoncat wrote:During which month do the mosquitoes show up? You know, the ones so big they can stand flat footed and fuck a turkey?
June, but that pales in comparison to this, we just think of them as a deterrent to those who don't really want to live here "that bad"
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

You gotta come in august, they're usually gone by then. September is incredible, fall is spectacular. But June and early July are buggy.
-Norlander.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yoopers are certifiable.

No offense...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Chicat wrote:Yoopers are certifiable.

No offense...
Just misunderstood, I'm not even a yooper, I'm just a troll that wanted to live here.

Hey we still have toilet paper in big bay, $10 for 4 rolls, The price hasn't even changed!
-Norlander.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:

No offense...
Just misunderstood, I'm not even a yooper, I'm just a troll that wanted to live here.

Hey we still have toilet paper in big bay, $10 for 4 rolls, The price hasn't even changed!
That’s because they have to fly it in from the North Pole.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

They truck it in across lake Superior when it's frozen so this is all we get for the year!
-Norlander.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

No offense...
My sister lived in Sault Ste. Marie and I concur.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:They truck it in across lake Superior when it's frozen so this is all we get for the year!
Frozen from September until May?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Close
-Norlander.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier