Go Devils!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Go Devils!

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I honestly hope ASU beats Arizona badly until Robert Robbins and Dave Heeke are gone.

I won't belabor other posts, but Sean Miller deserved better for what he did for our program. Players deserved better to not have this strung out to a point it hampered their ability to explore other options.

I was sort of happy when ASU crushed us in football because it meant the end of Sumlin. Now I hope it happens across the board so we can be rid of Robbins and Heeke.

Forks up!
UAEebs86

Re: Go Devils!

Post by UAEebs86 »

Blasphemy
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

That is going TO far.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gronk4heisman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:33 am That is going TO far.
Well, I'm there. Robbins and Heeke need to go by any means necessary.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

I completely agree with Spiff. I hope UA football and men's basketball teams get beat 100-0. Not only by ASU, but by every team they play, until Heeke and Robbins (and their hires) are gone.
Last edited by BBQ wildcat on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 am
gronk4heisman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:33 am That is going TO far.
Well, I'm there. Robbins and Heeke need to go by any means necessary.
I would contemplate a hitman before going that far. (just kidding to any government agencies out there lurking)
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Question before the court: What will you do if they hire JET?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I feel like the next coach is in a no win situation and faces a huge uphill battle. If JET wants that, good luck.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ghostwhitehorse wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:51 am Question before the court: What will you do if they hire JET?
I like him, but in no way, shape or form does he come close to the resume that should be required for a half decent P5 job.

I won't wish him ill on a personal level, but come on, one year as an assistant?

People laughed at Juwan Howard, but he was an NBA assistant for 6 years. JET, I like him, but his resume is more Shay Binion than Juwan Howard.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

We have jumped the shark.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:00 pm We have jumped the shark.
I'm not joking. The Sumlin example is accurate for me. It took embarassment at the hands of ASU to show what needed to be done there.

I'm of the mind something needs to be done about Robbins and Heeke. A few good poundings fron the Sun Devils would go a long way.

Look, the best case scenario would have been to axe Dumb and Dumber before they could meddle like this, but that's no longer an option. So I've got to do what I've got to do.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

f*ck ASU
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Rooting for ASU is way too far.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:26 pm Rooting for ASU is way too far.
Come at me. I'm in the mood for it, and I've made my choice.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

wrong forum for this thread
(moved to rivals forum)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ztonyg

Post by ztonyg »

I'm not at the Go Devils point yet but I've totally written off the FB and BB programs for the next 5-10 years or so. I also won't purchase any U of A (I will NOT do the stupid UArizona) merchandise until Robbins and Heeke are gone.

One would think that the boosters wouldn't let Robbins run the AD into the ground but it seems that they're complicit.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PieceOfMeat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:33 pm wrong forum for this thread
(moved to rivals forum)
I intended it for the Arizona Basketball forum because my sole motivation is disgust for Arizona Athletics and administration.

This has nothing to do with ASU other than them being the ones who can hurt Robbins and Heeke the most.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:24 pm
I'm not joking.
On your way out don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We could lose 100-0 to every team on our schedule, and it wouldn't matter as far as Robbins' job security.

He's the President of the entire university. His job isn't Athletic Director, even though he pretends that it is. He'll be judged on far more than how many wins the basketball and football programs get in a given year.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Me in a text to brother in law this am:

If ASU was smart, they’d shitcan Hurley and hire Miller. Poach the entire roster and become a top 25 team for the near future and destroy rivals program all in one move.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

wyo-cat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:58 pm Me in a text to brother in law this am:

If ASU was smart, they’d shitcan Hurley and hire Miller. Poach the entire roster and become a top 25 team for the near future and destroy rivals program all in one move.
Sure - Get that one past the ABOR.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:45 pm
I'm not joking.
Cool. I'm off the Arizona bus, so we're good there.

If you're telling me to leave this board, I'm open to that. I try to give my best takes on stuff here, but if that's unwanted, I feel like a personal lesson from all of this is that maybe I should recenter things.

Robbins's actions place cronyism above fans, and I've stopped seeing why I should return that with interest. So if you're telling me to leave the board, I'm starting to think that's better.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

That would be a shame.......
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:00 pm
I'm not joking.

If you're telling me to leave this board, I'm open to that. I try to give my best takes on stuff here, but if that's unwanted, I feel like a personal lesson from all of this is that maybe I should recenter things.

Robbins's actions place cronyism above fans, and I've stopped seeing why I should return that with interest. So if you're telling me to leave the board, I'm starting to think that's better.
Spiff, I like your takes and you bring a lot of knowledge of the game to this board but you have to admit this is a pretty crazy take on an Arizona board. I get the sentiment but I will never root for the devils no matter what. They could play Duke and I'm still not going to root for them. I hope you come back
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:01 pm
azgreg wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:45 pm On your way out don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Spiff, I like your takes and you bring a lot of knowledge of the game to this board but you have to admit this is a pretty crazy take on an Arizona board. I get the sentiment but I will never root for the devils no matter what. They could play Duke and I'm still not going to root for them. I hope you come back
First note, I'm obviously angry right now. I don't mean veiled disrespect towards people here. If I did, I'd at least make it open disrespect. Like Robbins and Heeke, I hope I disrespect those two a lot.

The remainder, I admit it's an extreme take. That said, I am firmly convinced Robbins and Heeke need to go. If it takes something extreme to achieve that, well...that's why I offered an extreme take.

I want them gone and I think extreme embarassments at the hands of ASU will hasten that. So...I'm about that action, as the kids say.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'm not joking.

Don't take anything I say today serious. It's just this anti Arizona talk bugs the shit out of me.
Last edited by azgreg on Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:31 pm Don't take anything I saw today serious. It's just this anti Arizona talk bugs the shit out of me.
No personal intent on my part, either. I'm just feeling very anti-Arizona today. It has nothing to do with fans or posters here. 100% based in Robbins, Heeke and the Arizona leadership.

The fact I care about the U of A probably makes me even more anti-Arizona as it hurts seeing something I did genuinely care about be manipulated to fete a old man's ego.