Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

Re: 2023-24 non PAC-12 games

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Vermont and TCU is why I feel bad for people who don't pay attention to college basketball this time of year. They're missing some amazing finishes and games. (Plus us kicking ass.)
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Damon gets some high praise on ESPIN - well deserved!!
Coach of the Week: Damon Stoudamire, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Georgia Tech athletic director J Batt went outside the box when he replaced Josh Pastner in the spring, hiring Stoudamire away from the Boston Celtics' staff. A slow start was expected, but a home loss to UMass Lowell in the third game was not. It didn't take long for Stoudamire to turn things around, however. Georgia Tech handed Mississippi State its first loss of the season on Tuesday then welcomed Duke to town on Saturday and beat the Blue Devils 72-68 in Stoudamire's first ACC game at the helm.

Stoudamire's rotation adjustments since losses to the River Hawks and Cincinnati eight days earlier have completely changed the trajectory of this team. Amaree Abram, who started the first four games of the season, hasn't played in the past two. Tyzhaun Claude moved to the bench (and played a key role against Duke). And into the starting lineup went NC State transfer Ebenezer Dowuona and freshman Naithan George, with the latter dishing out nine assists against the Blue Devils.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... teams-lose
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Watching FAU play Illinois right now. FAU's centers hit 3's so we might be playing some extended small ball. They are quick and actually have 12 of their top 13 back from a final four team. FAU currently up at half by 3.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Wisconsin 34, MSU 23 - halftime
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Irish27 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:54 pm
This is a very good reason I would like to live in Burlington, Vermont. They are the best team in northern New England. I am considering living close to there. Burlington is expensive to live.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:42 pm Wisconsin 34, MSU 23 - halftime
MSU coming back

Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDEdn0FjPwE
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

dmjcat wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:15 pm
pc in NM wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:42 pm Wisconsin 34, MSU 23 - halftime
MSU coming back

Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDEdn0FjPwE
Izzo losing his mind yet again.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

TheCat wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:36 pm Watching FAU play Illinois right now. FAU's centers hit 3's so we might be playing some extended small ball. They are quick and actually have 12 of their top 13 back from a final four team. FAU currently up at half by 3.
Really good tough competitive game. Whenever Goldin is on the bench we can go small and post up Pelle and Keshan with 3 perimeter guards.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Fucking Badgers. I want body parts on the McKale hardcourt.

~ Wilhoit's Law
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:36 pm
TheCat wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:36 pm Watching FAU play Illinois right now. FAU's centers hit 3's so we might be playing some extended small ball. They are quick and actually have 12 of their top 13 back from a final four team. FAU currently up at half by 3.
Really good tough competitive game. Whenever Goldin is on the bench we can go small and post up Pelle and Keshan with 3 perimeter guards.
Those chumps are not helping our SOS…

― Kinky Friedman
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:39 pm Fucking Badgers. I want body parts on the McKale hardcourt.
They’re good. MSU isn’t…

― Kinky Friedman
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

MSU is aiming to be a #12 seed, and screwing someone’s season…

― Kinky Friedman
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:44 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:39 pm Fucking Badgers. I want body parts on the McKale hardcourt.
They’re good. MSU isn’t…
Then we'll just have to be better than both.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

For some unfathomable reason I'm rooting for the CSU Rams. They're behind to Denver at halftime. Headbutt those Pioneers!

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

The Purdue / Alabama game is a good one. Alabama is shooting lights out and leads by 2 at half. Alabama is very aggressive and handsy on defense. The refs just can't call a foul on every play. They also pressure the in bounds well. They will be tougher in my opinion than Purdue because of matchup issues. Good game though and I'm hoping Purdue pulls it out.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So Purdue beat Alabama 92-86 in a matchup of our next 2 opponents
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Thank god Bill is on the call for this Utah-BYU game cause this shit is boooooooooooring
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Oregon is in a close game with UTEP for some reason.

UCLA just lost to Villanova in a terribly played basketball game.

Pac 12 basketball is going to go out on a very disappointing note in general.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

TheCat wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:42 pm The Purdue / Alabama game is a good one. Alabama is shooting lights out and leads by 2 at half. Alabama is very aggressive and handsy on defense. The refs just can't call a foul on every play. They also pressure the in bounds well. They will be tougher in my opinion than Purdue because of matchup issues. Good game though and I'm hoping Purdue pulls it out.
Hell of a round robin between these three teams over December
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

#8 Creighton is in trouble.

~ Wilhoit's Law
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

And we better be at Purdue or we will have lost to Purdue that got beat by Northwestern that lost to Chicago St!!!!!!!!
That would make us like #350 something. Because the transitive property is an appropriate measure of the quality of a team in weeks 4 thru 7.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:40 pm #8 Creighton is in trouble.
Did unlv get a court ordered waiver on a player for this game?
Yeah, Keylan Boone scored 10 off the bench, how would you like to go in to that game, oh and here's a guy no one has seen or knows will play, we'll just throw him in there tonight thanks to a federal judges ruling this afternoon.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:13 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:40 pm #8 Creighton is in trouble.
Did unlv get a court ordered waiver on a player for this game?
Yeah, Keylan Boone scored 10 off the bench, how would you like to go in to that game, oh and here's a guy no one has seen or knows will play, we'll just throw him in there tonight thanks to a federal judges ruling this afternoon.
News to me.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:04 pm And we better be at Purdue or we will have lost to Purdue that got beat by Northwestern that lost to Chicago St!!!!!!!!
That would make us like #350 something. Because the transitive property is an appropriate measure of the quality of a team in weeks 4 thru 7.
With a week to prepare for the (slightly offsite) lion's den, and with the target on our back, unless some exogenous factor intrudes, we can trust every fractional outcome to accurately represent the truth about our team. Tommy and the rest of the coaching staff are going to be like quantum scientists drilling into the results of a super-collider experiment.

The true and the useful abide in sports as in philosophy and science! Me, Ima pukin' already.

~ Wilhoit's Law
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

The pressure is on them. In front of a probably mostly wildly pro Purdue fan base, I heard coach Titus (mark titus' dad ) might be there sporting some zona gear. And of course the faithful on this site that are going. Gonna be a good one!!
-Norlander.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

BTW, is Marquette on upset alert at the moment?

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Not a dominating victory: pretty much equal shooting %s. If not for the charity stripe .....

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UConn 7 of 9 from 3 in 1h and 63% from the floor. Zags are lucky they're only down by 11. Pound for pound Nembhard is beasting.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:24 pm
U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:04 pm And we better be at Purdue or we will have lost to Purdue that got beat by Northwestern that lost to Chicago St!!!!!!!!
With a week to prepare for the (slightly offsite) lion's den, and with the target on our back, unless some exogenous factor intrudes, we can trust every fractional outcome to accurately represent the truth about our team. Tommy and the rest of the coaching staff are going to be like quantum scientists drilling into the results of a super-collider experiment.

The true and the useful abide in sports as in philosophy and science! Me, Ima pukin' already.
Sometimes I have to sift through your metaphors, but this I understand.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Catintheheat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:36 am
dovecanyoncat wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:24 pm

Sometimes I have to sift through your metaphors, but this I understand.
More like my metayammer. I'm trying to secure some detachment ahead of the event. It's hard to think like a coach instead of an emotional 14 year old girl.

~ Wilhoit's Law
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

How long til we see Fuegs?
Kansas getting taken out back buy Indiana.

Shouldn't say anything yet, but no matter the outcome, it's a technical loss for the hens.
-Norlander.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Sparty giving it to Baylor early.
-Norlander.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Looks like Izzo got the pads out for practice finally.
-Norlander.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

What is up with Baylor? Is someone out or something? 17 points in the 1st half although they are doing better in the 2nd half
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Marquette deep into upset alert.

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Providence is a pretty good team. It'll be an upset but not a big one
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UConn on upset alert.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:55 pm UConn on upset alert.
Not a false alarm.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Uconn St John's tied with 3 minutes left
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Thanks for nothing FAU.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:42 pm Thanks for nothing FAU.
Teams just won't get up to play Florida Gulf Coast the same way they do to play Arizona. Just the nature of the sport, I think.

Fwiw, this doesn't really impact my opinion of FAU too greatly. Still think they can get back to the FF.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

If I were an Illinois player right now I wouldn't want to be within a light year of Brad Underwood.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Didn't realize Terrence Shannon had been suspended under rape charges.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Houston, favored by only 2.5 pts at Iowa State, down early.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

If Iowa State wins it will be well deserved. It's a baseline/sideline/high screen trap feston both sides. Houston doing Houston things up in your grill in all aspects. Shead is a dawg. Sharp has a 3ball release that's faster than Klay Thompson. The ball can't stop moving or they own it.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

And then there were none.

~ Wilhoit's Law
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Houston goes down.

They hoisted 3’s like they were going out of style.

Good Lord…they are playing Sweet Caroline.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Every time I've been in Nebraska it was due to the need to get to some other destination.

~ Wilhoit's Law
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:48 pm Every time I've been in Nebraska it was due to the need to get to some other destination.
Purdue feeling the same tonight.