BBQ wildcat

RIP Coach Knight

Post by BBQ wildcat »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/coaching-l ... 23902.html

/coaching-legend-bob-knight-famous-for-both-victories-and-outbursts-dies-at-83
UAdevil

Re: RIP Coach Knight

Post by UAdevil »

One of the titans. Huge dick, but dude could coach.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

great coach, shitty person
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It’s hard to reconcile what an enormous asshole he was as a person with what an enormous asshole he was as a coach.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

My Mom's side of the family is all from Indiana. Us kids at the holiday dinner table heard many accounts from Uncles and Aunts on what a legend they made of Bobby Knight. Along with Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, and Dan Marino, Bobby Knight is among the first sports figures I was conscious of as a child.

For as sharp as a figure as Knight was, hearing first hand accounts of him throwing a chair, for instance, was much more relatable fare for a six year old to hear when compared to the default dinner stories offered by my Dad's side of the family. All natives of Eastern Europe, hearing my older relatives openly talk about their years spent growing up behind the Iron Curtain, some of them in the Russian Gulag, was way more unsettling for a six year old to hear.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

My dad grew up playing high school basketball in Indiana in the early 50's. Back then, and even through the 70's high school and college basketball was king. Think Larry Bird. Started at Indiana under Knight then went to Indiana State.

Dad was a huge Bobby Knight fan although he hasn't said a word about his passing. Generational thing, but domineering and intense coaches like Knight were expected back then. Getting physical with players was not unheard of.

My dad used to go to the UA practices when they were open years ago. Said KO was the biggest asshole coach he has ever seen when he ran the practices for Lute. Just filthy language and using the N word.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Great coach. Trouble man.