Re: Coach Rod

Post by Merkin »

Machina

Post by Machina »

SCCats wrote:
Machina wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Well everyone said they wanted home night games. Another depressing show of support by the students and Tucson for sure to be on display.
Literally shut up. You do not know what you are talking about.
So the attendance is going to be good next Saturday? Less than 45 thousand. Zoo will be more than half empty.
For a game that starts at 8 pm, will end at 11:30 pm (where there might be a 4 handle on the temperature at the end of the game), and where our defense will give up half a hundred points?

And with you still expecting the stadium to still 85% full that is fucking representative of Arizona not having dedicated fans?

Moron.
OSU announced almost 53 thousand and WSU almost 48. By those measurements which is tickets not butts I expect less than 45 thousand.

Less than 40 thousand butts in the seats
Last edited by Machina on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machina

Post by Machina »

azcat49 wrote:That Utah game will probably have 50k+ in tickets sold but I bet 40k show up depending on start time.

When we lose, we lose pretty ugly that is for sure. If we don't play better on offense this week it could get real ugly at AZ stadium that next week
Only if lots of people bought tickets preseason for the Utah game
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
He gone
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:Scheer frustrated with the entire team:

http://www.scout.com/college/arizona/st ... r-wildcats" target="_blank

That's hilarious. I said most of that stuff on the Premium board last year and got blasted. It took Scheer a whole year to write this. Funny stuff. Thanks for the good laugh Merkin.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

you should probably lube up a little bit more if you're gonna keep pleasuring yourself so much on the boards chief.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

scumdevils86 wrote:you should probably lube up a little bit more if you're gonna keep pleasuring yourself so much on the boards chief.

It's not pleasure seeing ignorance and idiocy. It's torture. :D
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:
He gone
Totally. He is so gone.

Byrne should fire his ass for bring contract midseason and begin his own search rather than wait for the other shoe to drop.

I'm gonna be pissed when RR slampigs Arizona. For once I'd like Byrne to pull a Haden and can that hillbilly and his cronies midseason.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

i could not care less about your supposed insights and knowledge of football unfortunately. your ability to constantly jerk yourself off, gloat and talk about yourself is way too distracting.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Again, chief , who is your ideal coach?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I have absolutely no idea who we could get that would do a better job than Rich Rod. It would have to be someone who is completely unproven at the power 5 level who somehow had the recruiting and scheming chops to build us into a power with the combination of some huge influxes of cash into the program for even further development.

both seem rather unlikely at AZ. so I will just settle into the ride here as a life long dejected AZ football fan....

been a fan for 13 years now and I see the next 30 years playing out pretty similarly.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Mark Mangino, Al Golden Charlie Weis and Randy Edsall are available.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

bring in 'gino pig. fuck it. lol.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

CalStateTempe wrote:Again, chief , who is your ideal coach?

Bronco Mendenhall, Pete Carroll and Eddie O. Matt Wells is ok. Beau Baldwin as a last resort.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:

Bronco Mendenhall, Pete Carroll and Eddie O. Matt Wells is ok. Beau Baldwin as a last resort.
You talk so much trash to UA fans and call them delusional and ignorant then you through out Eddie O! You are a real piece of work. And Pete is a realistic candidate?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

You talk so much trash to UA fans and call them delusional and ignorant then you through out Eddie O! You are a real piece of work. And Pete is a realistic candidate?
He said ideal. Read again partner.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Well, since UA has very little chance at IDEAL, where does that leave us? :roll:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

You forgot Vince Lombardi and Ditka Chief.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

So you would rather have Edding O who xouldnt win in the Sec over Meyer or Saban?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAdevil wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Well, since UA has very little chance at IDEAL, where does that leave us? :roll:
Arizona has the money for all of them. Carroll wouldn't do it. Eddie O is definitely getable. He's making 650,000 this year. Bronco is getable as well. He's got to be tired of kids taking missions after he recruits them. Matt Wells is an easy get and so is Baldwin.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Bronco would be cool.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

My ideal coach for Arizona has to be defensive minded, recruit the west coast well, play a pro style offense and runs a 4-3 or 3-4. That would be first and foremost with me. No more effin OKGs, Zone Read Options and 3-3-5. All gimmicks.
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

How mad is chief going to be when rich rod doesn't leave and the team is successful next year?
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:My ideal coach for Arizona has to be defensive minded, recruit the west coast well, play a pro style offense and runs a 4-3 or 3-4. That would be first and foremost with me. No more effin OKGs, Zone Read Options and 3-3-5. All gimmicks.
And your record as a coach is what? Love, I mean absolutely love the losers who can't wait to pile on and say they were right when they had to eat their words LY as we won the South. You couldn't wait for this day could you Chief? Get lost already. Beyond pathetic.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

dc4azcats wrote:And your record as a coach is what? Love, I mean absolutely love the losers who can't wait to pile on and say they were right when they had to eat their words LY as we won the South. You couldn't wait for this day could you Chief? Get lost already. Beyond pathetic.
So you guys aren't friends?

(That's from another thread)
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

AZarchery wrote:How mad is chief going to be when rich rod doesn't leave and the team is successful next year?

Define successful. Win 3 easy peasy cupcakes in the OOC and go 2-8 vs USC, UCLA and ASU?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

chiefzona wrote:
AZarchery wrote:How mad is chief going to be when rich rod doesn't leave and the team is successful next year?

Define successful. Win 3 easy peasy cupcakes in the OOC and go 2-8 vs USC, UCLA and ASU?
In what universe is 2-8 in conference (let's say 2-7 since we only play 9 conference games) successful?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:My ideal coach for Arizona has to be defensive minded, recruit the west coast well, play a pro style offense and runs a 4-3 or 3-4. That would be first and foremost with me. No more effin OKGs, Zone Read Options and 3-3-5. All gimmicks.
And your record as a coach is what? Love, I mean absolutely love the losers who can't wait to pile on and say they were right when they had to eat their words LY as we won the South. You couldn't wait for this day could you Chief? Get lost already. Beyond pathetic.
I love you too DC. I'll be around for the buddy hug. I never hid my disdain for your Dad and RRs blind loyalty. They did well with Stoop's recruits and cookie' the bed with their own. I wish them much success back east. Tell Dad I said hi and he can call for advice anytime.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

SCCats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

In what universe is 2-8 in conference (let's say 2-7 since we only play 9 conference games) successful?
RR is 2-8 while at Arizona vs USC, UCLA and ASU combined.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

So you want....Mike Stoops? The only reason he had any success here was because he changed from a pro style offense to a "gimmick" offense.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

gronk4heisman wrote:
So you want....Mike Stoops? The only reason he had any success here was because he changed from a pro style offense to a "gimmick" offense.

No, Mike Stoops is garbage and even worse as a DC. Tired of the gimmicks.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

For the record, if RR fired his whole staff and then hired a good staff, I would be stoked and interested to see what he could do but we all know that isn't happening.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

you are one hell of a turd. whatever. moving on.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

What chief really ratcheted up the tool meter today.

Shit man, take a breather. sorry your boy stoops was too much of a headcase to run a D1 team.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

chiefzona wrote:Arizona has the money for all of them. Carroll wouldn't do it. Eddie O is definitely getable. He's making 650,000 this year. Bronco is getable as well. He's got to be tired of kids taking missions after he recruits them. Matt Wells is an easy get and so is Baldwin.
Carroll, if he would come (you're right, he won't) would bring the attention of the NCAA. Orgeron... likeable guy and good staff member but not a good fit. Bronco is LDS so he knows the score as far as the missions go, and he's got some built in recruiting advantages with BYU that he wouldn't have here; not sure if he's really that getable but his name is sure to surface during the offseason. Would be a good fit at Arizona but probably a Larry Smith level ceiling here. Matt Wells isn't going to be such an easy get with all the openings; he'll be able to pick his gig. Baldwin would be, I'm sure, but he'll probably get a lower tier FBS job if he makes the jump. He's done well at EWU but hasn't coached outside the state of Washington. B
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

Successful would be winning the south, like rich rod did last year, with a team that was picked to finish 5th.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

CalStateTempe wrote:What chief really ratcheted up the tool meter today.

Shit man, take a breather. sorry your boy stoops was too much of a headcase to run a D1 team.

Stoops was never my guy. Lol
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
I love you too DC. I'll be around for the buddy hug. I never hid my disdain for your Dad and RRs blind loyalty. They did well with Stoop's recruits and cookie' the bed with their own. I wish them much success back east. Tell Dad I said hi and he can call for advice anytime.
Jones RR
Neal RR
Grant RR
Hill MS
Solomon RR
Baucus MS
Bundage RR
Gurrola RR
Alsadek RR
EbBele MS
Wilson RR
8 of 11 rr

Defense was 50 50 rr and ms. I would say that is not dependent on Stoops guys
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:

And who won the South last year? It wasn't SC, it wasn't Ucla and it wasn't Assu. Your boys at SC haven't won the south yet. I can play the same game. Which is why your point is so stupid. We won 10 games LY and played in the Fiesta Bowl and you had us winning 7? Now you're acting like you were right all along and you weren't. Again, it's pathetic but by all means keep trying to make it look like it's not.

IF Scooby, Turituri and Ippolito were healthy TY and we still played like this then I could maybe see your point. But, that wasn't the case and instead you think it's the coaches and the system that suck. Yet those same coaches and that same system won us 10 games and Scooby was the best defensive player in the country LY. I'm not surprised but this is truly one of your weakest efforts and that's saying something.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Jones RR
Neal RR
Grant RR
Hill MS
Solomon RR
Baucus MS
Bundage RR
Gurrola RR
Alsadek RR
EbBele MS
Wilson RR
8 of 11 rr

I never said dependent...I said did well with. It appears that you have a reading problem.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Jones RR
Neal RR
Grant RR
Hill MS
Solomon RR
Baucus MS
Bundage RR
Gurrola RR
Alsadek RR
EbBele MS
Wilson RR
8 of 11 rr

I never said dependent...I said did well with. It appears that you have a reading problem.
Ok yes some were MS guys but not most and of the play makers were not. So we should discount RR for using a few MS guys? You have a reading and respecr and decency problem.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

And who won the South last year? It wasn't SC, it wasn't Ucla and it wasn't Assu. Your boys at SC haven't won the south yet. I can play the same game. Which is why your point is so stupid. We won 10 games LY and played in the Fiesta Bowl and you had us winning 7? Now you're acting like you were right all along and you weren't. Again, it's pathetic but by all means keep trying to make it look like it's not.

IF Scooby, Turituri and Ippolito were healthy TY and we still played like this then I could maybe see your point. But, that wasn't the case and instead you think it's the coaches and the system that suck. Yet those same coaches and that same system won us 10 games and Scooby was the best defensive player in the country LY. I'm not surprised but this is truly one of your weakest efforts and that's saying something.

RR cannot recruit well enough to keep the train rolling plus he has an anchor for a DC who he refuses to part Kirelawich is complete nonsense and should have been fired two years ago. Dews has been dismal and Ragle doesn't have a clue and that's why they have been outsourcing kicking and ST coaches. It's a joke. RR is a very good in game coach but as we have all witnessed this season, it's just not enough.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Stoops guys? That is so weak. Stoops never played Bondurant and doubtful if he even gets a sniff if Stoops is still the coach. KaDeem? He started Keola Antolin over the best rusher in our history???? He and Littrell will never live that down - ever. Tevis was a walk-on and RR put him on Scholi. If Stoops was still here Tevis would have never seen the field either. Scooby? Oh that's right, the one guy you wouldn't have offered a scholi to is the best player in the country. Other than that you're killing it.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

My guess is if Arizona wants to land Matt Wells if Rich Rod leaves (I still don't think at the end of the day VT hires him unless they miss out on Justin Fuentes and others) it'll have to turn that damn old baseball field into an indoor practice facility. They only cost about $15 million so I have no idea what the hold up is at this point.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Stoops guys? That is so weak. Stoops never played Bondurant and doubtful if he even gets a sniff if Stoops is still the coach. KaDeem? He started Keola Antolin over the best rusher in our history???? He and Littrell will never live that down - ever. Tevis was a walk-on and RR put him on Scholi. If Stoops was still here Tevis would have never seen the field either. Scooby? Oh that's right, the one guy you wouldn't have offered a scholi to is the best player in the country. Other than that you're killing it.
Hell, I was happy to see Stoops go but he left some guys that RR had no choice but to utilize and he did that very well.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:My guess is if Arizona wants to land Matt Wells if Rich Rod leaves (I still don't think at the end of the day VT hires him unless they miss out on Justin Fuentes and others) it'll have to turn that damn old baseball field into an indoor practice facility. They only cost about $15 million so I have no idea what the hold up is at this point.
Arizona would have to jump quickly. My problem with him is some staff and he is a offense guy. Also, don't know if he could do much better than RR recruiting wise.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:

Bronco Mendenhall, Pete Carroll and Eddie O[/]. Matt Wells is ok. Beau Baldwin as a last resort.

When are you coming to an improv near me?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:My guess is if Arizona wants to land Matt Wells if Rich Rod leaves (I still don't think at the end of the day VT hires him unless they miss out on Justin Fuentes and others) it'll have to turn that damn old baseball field into an indoor practice facility. They only cost about $15 million so I have no idea what the hold up is at this point.
Arizona would have to jump quickly. My problem with him is some staff and he is a offense guy. Also, don't know if he could do much better than RR recruiting wise.
Here's the thing....Arizona can not do any better. So I hear your concerns, although I have zero issues with an offense guy as long as he has a capable DC and I have no idea why you would be, but we lack options. So either it's Wells, Dino Babers, or a coordinator.

We have to hire a guy with west coast connections recruiting wise. Our 2012 class was as dismal as it was partially because of RR and his staffs' utter lack of west coast connections when they came on campus.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

RR cannot recruit well enough to keep the train rolling plus he has an anchor for a DC who he refuses to part Kirelawich is complete nonsense and should have been fired two years ago. Dews has been dismal and Ragle doesn't have a clue and that's why they have been outsourcing kicking and ST coaches. It's a joke. RR is a very good in game coach but as we have all witnessed this season, it's just not enough.
We lost all 3 starting LB's to injury. Hamilton who we were counting on decided he wanted to be with his girlfriend instead of playing football. He quit after one practice. One.

Fotu likes the lettuce a little to much or is that Casteel's fault as well? To Fotu's credit he's still here and is going to school. If he can stay off the lettuce long enough to get a clean bill of health he will be back on the team come spring. Coach K is prolly gone after this season according to those in the know and I don't have a problem with him as guys like Gilbert and others swear by him. Dews has been dismal? He's starting a true frosh at one corner and Neal is on his 3rd game as a starting corner? You're the joke.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

We lost all 3 starting LB's to injury. Hamilton who we were counting on decided he wanted to be with his girlfriend instead of playing football. He quit after one practice. One.

Fotu likes the lettuce a little to much or is that Casteel's fault as well? To Fotu's credit he's still here and is going to school. If he can stay off the lettuce long enough to get a clean bill of health he will be back on the team come spring. Coach K is prolly gone after this season according to those in the know and I don't have a problem with him as guys like Gilbert and others swear by him. Dews has been dismal? He's starting a true frosh at one corner and Neal is on his 3rd game as a starting corner? You're the joke.
Coach K is gone after this season but should have been two years ago. Fotu ain't the only lettuce lover. Hard edge is soft green. Dews is dismal. Very little development.