Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Newportcat

Re: Coach Rod

Post by Newportcat »

I hate the fact our program typically sucks but unlike you DC I recognize that if you do not recruit talented players constantly you typically are not going to be good constantly no matter the coaching.

I used to be called Johnny optimist but after being a fan long enough of Arizona football you realize that it is a hard job, tough to recruit too, and bad things typically happen to us because we never recruit anywhere close to what we recruit at for other sports at U of A.

I am incredibly optimistic about Arizona baseball because we have a history of winning, great facilities, and most importantly we can recruit great players. Our new coach brought in a Top 20 recruiting class his first year here. Think how amazing that is and thats with like 4-5 guys declaring for the draft.

I am just realistic I guess and I do find it interesting/funny when fans like you think differently because the hard evidence seems to me so overwhelming in my favor of being a half glass empty type fan.

Just me
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

splitsecond wrote: If RichRod does leave, it's because he has decided he can't recruit here or is too lazy to figure out how to beat out other Pac schools in recruiting. If that's the case, then that means he can't do the job he was hired to do. People are bringing up this bullshit yet again about football not coming first, when it is abundantly clear that Greg Byrne knows the value of football and make it first rate here, if not most important.
Depending if RR does leave for the ACC, I would have misread his ambitions. After Michigan, I really thought RR wanted to demonstrate his ability to rebuild and highly succeed at a power FOUR school. To prove something. That chip on the shoulder he was referencing to. If he's satisfied with ACC in a weaker division, then fine. If he wants to leave, i'd rather him be offered a job and leave. Don't stay at AZ because best what he feels he can have at the moment or he 'has' to.

ACC? Sure Clemson, fsu. But ACC has issues. VT a football school, but they have to be careful and more frugal with their spending than an AZ.

VT gig interesting because VT has to worry about costs a little on the HC, but probably more on money it spends for rest of its next football staff.

Beamer contract says he gets paid $250k year for next 8 years as special assistant

DC Bud Foster has a 5year contract in place. If next VT HC doesn't retain him until 12/31, VT must pay Foster $1.3 mil. If Foster loses his job anytime next year, then VT must pay Foster $1.2 mil. Foster's salary $900k, almost twice Casteel's. I'm not convinced Foster would want to run the 3-3-5 :).

VT other current assistants currently paid $2.3 million altogether. If staff not retained until next June or they get another job, VT must pay them (max $1.6 mil until June 2016). That's a lot to think about for VT
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

There is something about the sport of football that produces incredible optimism each year. Then the games start and reality sets in. I know the golden ring for everyone at Arizona is reaching the Rose Bowl. If the College Football Playoffs had started this year and not last year, we make the Rose Bowl last year! It seems like even when we win, we lose out on the Rose Bowl at Arizona. I have made peace with that. Law of averages says we will make it some year. Be great if it happens in my lifetime.

This year's injuries is what puts an asterisk on the entire season. No team could have survived the injuries we have seen this year. People mention it in passing, but the numbers are truly staggering. I don't see any other way that RR could play it, because to talk about it too much gives your players a sense of hopelessness. It is what it is, and I am very proud of the way the Cats played at USC.

We need a good coach who keeps his passion and stays. I know RR felt he had something to prove after being fired at Michigan, but that motivation does not last. If he stays I believe he will have to address the defensive issues. I also think he will bring long-term success and get us to the Rose Bowl. But it ain't easy. One thing that is patently clear: He despises losing. That is a good thing in a football coach.

Go Cats!!
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

cordera89 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:RR to Castell before the 'SC game: "we're going to VT so try not to make the 3-3-5 look like garbage tonight, m'kay?"

Castell: "Gotcha Rich, will do"
That bullshit.
That was a joke. Lighten up man.
I don't think Cordera89's first language is English. Not the first time a joke went over his head.
Merkin just shoot your ahead ok if you really want to go their, I don't care if it was a joke or not. It BS to make fun our coaches. I mean how funny would it been if Casteel and Kir would of said we don't like to recruit in Arizona? Do you want paint that as a joke.
Knock it off man. Take a deep breath and not take things so damn seriously. And of course we can make fun of our coaches. :lol:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

It seems to me that the only reasonable questions that RichRod is likely to be asking are:

1. What is the best career step for me as a football coach?

2. What will be best for me and my family?

And, I think that staying at Arizona is a debatable prospect on each of these questions.

I hope he stays. But, a decision to move to any of those other jobs wouldn't be too difficult to understand....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ztonyg wrote:Rich Rod is doing NOTHING to put out these flames.

The best thing, I believe, at this point for the this season and the future would be for Rich Rod to either announce he's going (and name an interim coach for the rest of the season) or for him to announce he's staying.

I think RR learned his lesson when he announced he was leaving WVU for UM before the season ended. That didn't go over all that well.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

pc in NM wrote:It seems to me that the only reasonable questions that RichRod is likely to be asking are:

1. What is the best career step for me as a football coach?

2. What will be best for me and my family?

And, I think that staying at Arizona is a debatable prospect on each of these questions.

I hope he stays. But, a decision to move to any of those other jobs wouldn't be too difficult to understand....
I think he's waiting to see if he gets an offer at VT. I would think Miami would not be a gig he would want for several reasons although I could be wrong. I don't think an SEC school is going to take him on with defensive concerns, which is why I don't think he gets South Carolina. If he doesn't get any of those three, then I think he stays put for as long as we'll have him, provided the environment doesn't get toxic. In the future, if WVU, Florida State, or Clemson open up I could see him taking one of those if offered. I don't see any drawbacks for him or his family staying here as far as anything holding them back. He's well paid, Rhett is at a good school, and college is not a problem for either of his kids. Whether or not they like it enough here is another question. To me, the longer he stays in Tucson, the more likely he is to want to put down roots. All speculation on my part though.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

The first denial.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:The first denial.

The agents talk until the very end. Means nothing.minlistened to the interview and I didn't take away from it that RR sounded frustrated
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Newportcat wrote:I hate the fact our program typically sucks but unlike you DC I recognize that if you do not recruit talented players constantly you typically are not going to be good constantly no matter the coaching.

I used to be called Johnny optimist but after being a fan long enough of Arizona football you realize that it is a hard job, tough to recruit too, and bad things typically happen to us because we never recruit anywhere close to what we recruit at for other sports at U of A.

I am incredibly optimistic about Arizona baseball because we have a history of winning, great facilities, and most importantly we can recruit great players. Our new coach brought in a Top 20 recruiting class his first year here. Think how amazing that is and thats with like 4-5 guys declaring for the draft.

I am just realistic I guess and I do find it interesting/funny when fans like you think differently because the hard evidence seems to me so overwhelming in my favor of being a half glass empty type fan.

Just me
So now we're comparing baseball to football? Baseball, much like Basketball allows coaches to go out and watch kids play games all day at different tournaments all over the country and all of those tournaments don't coincide with your own season. So the ability to evaluate with your eyes and see first hand is something that football coaches don't get the benefit of. It's apples and oranges but by all means please compare the sports as if everything is the same. In both basketball and Baseball, coaches can go sit in the bleachers at one location in a lot of cases and watch a plethora of players compete against each other. They can spend a whole weekend watching every top prospect in the State, region and even the country depending on the tournament. Where can you do that in football? It's one game on a Friday night and in some cases it might just be ONE player that night.

Funny how nobody has said what would've happened if Bell, Polk and Sprotte had all been injured in '98 which was deep into Tomey's tenure at Arizona but 4 years into RR's tenure and it's because we don't recruit talented players? Got it.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Catstatic wrote:There is something about the sport of football that produces incredible optimism each year. Then the games start and reality sets in. I know the golden ring for everyone at Arizona is reaching the Rose Bowl. If the College Football Playoffs had started this year and not last year, we make the Rose Bowl last year! It seems like even when we win, we lose out on the Rose Bowl at Arizona. I have made peace with that. Law of averages says we will make it some year. Be great if it happens in my lifetime.

This year's injuries is what puts an asterisk on the entire season. No team could have survived the injuries we have seen this year. People mention it in passing, but the numbers are truly staggering. I don't see any other way that RR could play it, because to talk about it too much gives your players a sense of hopelessness. It is what it is, and I am very proud of the way the Cats played at USC.

We need a good coach who keeps his passion and stays. I know RR felt he had something to prove after being fired at Michigan, but that motivation does not last. If he stays I believe he will have to address the defensive issues. I also think he will bring long-term success and get us to the Rose Bowl. But it ain't easy. One thing that is patently clear: He despises losing. That is a good thing in a football coach.

Go Cats!!
excellent post, catstatic. could not agree more.

another reason i hope RR stays: to silence fans from the prospective east coast schools who think their program is too good for him and want to aim higher ┌∩┐(ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐

i'm still hopeful that RR comes out of this as our HC with a big chip on his shoulder and fire in his belly. during the preseason, he admitted that he's getting a lot more easygoing and complacent with age. though it was mentioned in jest, there's certainly a small nugget of truth at its core, and maybe this whole situation will serve as yet another reminder that he's still got something to prove at Arizona.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Gimino wrote:Here is that 1993 starters list on defense....
I was in the middle of something but I should have linked that - you're the one who did the legwork on that.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

dc4azcats wrote:
Newportcat wrote:I hate the fact our program typically sucks but unlike you DC I recognize that if you do not recruit talented players constantly you typically are not going to be good constantly no matter the coaching.

Just me
So now we're comparing baseball to football? Baseball, much like Basketball allows coaches to go out and watch kids play games all day at different tournaments all over the country and all of those tournaments don't coincide with your own season. So the ability to evaluate with your eyes and see first hand is something that football coaches don't get the benefit of. It's apples and oranges but by all means please compare the sports as if everything is the same. In both basketball and Baseball, coaches can go sit in the bleachers at one location in a lot of cases and watch a plethora of players compete against each other. They can spend a whole weekend watching every top prospect in the State, region and even the country depending on the tournament. Where can you do that in football? It's one game on a Friday night and in some cases it might just be ONE player that night.

Funny how nobody has said what would've happened if Bell, Polk and Sprotte had all been injured in '98 which was deep into Tomey's tenure at Arizona but 4 years into RR's tenure and it's because we don't recruit talented players? Got it.
Baseball and basketball programs are in completely different worlds from our football program... For a variety of reasons that are not changing anytime soon.

But as for difficulties in recruiting, all other FB programs have the same challenges you reference above that we do. On a relative basis, FB, BB, and Baseball issues/ advantages are realized by every school competing against each other in that sport.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hansen weighs in...

http://tucson.com/sports/columnists/han ... 43313.html" target="_blank

Dear Mr. Football: Are the odds really 7-to-2 that Rich Rodriguez leaves to become Virginia Tech’s coach?

A: Seven reasons RichRod might become the Hokies’ next coach:

1. It’s only 238 miles from RichRod’s home turf, Morgantown, West Virginia, to Blacksburg, Virginia. If you get a chance to go “home,” you usually go, even if it’s called “Gobbler Country.”

2. Sixty-nine players on Tech’s roster are from Virginia. As RichRod likes to say about recruiting in distant locales, “you don’t have to fly over a lot of good schools to get there.”

3. You don’t have to play or recruit against USC and UCLA every year. Tech’s opponents in the ACC’s ridiculously inviting Coastal Division are Duke, Pitt, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia Tech and Miami. That’s five basketball schools and a football school that hasn’t been good for a decade.

4. It’s not a tough act to follow. Outgoing coach Frank Beamer lost his touch about the moment RichRod was hired at Arizona. Tech’s last three bowl games have been the Military Bowl, Russell Athletic Bowl and Sun Bowl.

5. You don’t have to clean up the developing mess at Arizona; the Wildcats are almost sure to be picked last in the Pac-12 South next year.

6. You don’t have to wonder why so many seats in your stadium are empty. The Hokies drew 60,118 against Furman this year in 65,632-seat Lane Stadium and 63,257 against Duke.

7. Rather than buy a summer retreat in the mountains of Arizona or Colorado, RichRod bought one near the Georgia-South Carolina border.

Two reasons RichRod might stay in Tucson:

1, 2. His daughter is a sophomore cheerleader at the UA and his son is a junior quarterback at Catalina Foothills.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I can't see any reason why we would assuredly be picked last in the south.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote:Hansen weighs in...

Dear Mr. Football: Are the odds really 7-to-2 that Rich Rodriguez leaves to become Virginia Tech’s coach?

1. It’s only 238 miles from RichRod’s home turf, Morgantown, West Virginia, to Blacksburg, Virginia. If you get a chance to go “home,” you usually go, even if it’s called “Gobbler Country.”

2. Sixty-nine players on Tech’s roster are from Virginia. As RichRod likes to say about recruiting in distant locales, “you don’t have to fly over a lot of good schools to get there.”

3. You don’t have to play or recruit against USC and UCLA every year. Tech’s opponents in the ACC’s ridiculously inviting Coastal Division are Duke, Pitt, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia Tech and Miami. That’s five basketball schools and a football school that hasn’t been good for a decade.

4. It’s not a tough act to follow. Outgoing coach Frank Beamer lost his touch about the moment RichRod was hired at Arizona. Tech’s last three bowl games have been the Military Bowl, Russell Athletic Bowl and Sun Bowl.

5. You don’t have to clean up the developing mess at Arizona; the Wildcats are almost sure to be picked last in the Pac-12 South next year.

6. You don’t have to wonder why so many seats in your stadium are empty. The Hokies drew 60,118 against Furman this year in 65,632-seat Lane Stadium and 63,257 against Duke.

7. Rather than buy a summer retreat in the mountains of Arizona or Colorado, RichRod bought one near the Georgia-South Carolina border.

1, 2. His daughter is a sophomore cheerleader at the UA and his son is a junior quarterback at Catalina Foothills.
Let me help him out.
3. Rich Rod is a fierce competitor and knows deep down he can compete for a natty at the UofA.
4. He has one of the best AD's in the land and that AD gave him a 2nd chance to get back into coaching. Rich Rod feels he owes Greg and will do everything he can to right this ship & start competing for championships.
5. You're a freaking tool Hansen!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I really really hope RichRod stays. I just don't think we're going to do better, at least on the offensive side of the ball.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

No matter what it seems like RR is going east in the next few years. The real question is who is the best replacement that will come to UA for the right price and when will he be able to move. Lots of movement to take place this winter, but will the next year or two be better?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Sid wrote:

Let me help him out.
3. Rich Rod is a fierce competitor and knows deep down he can compete for a natty at the UofA.
4. He has one of the best AD's in the land and that AD gave him a 2nd chance to get back into coaching. Rich Rod feels he owes Greg and will do everything he can to right this ship & start competing for championships.
I think he would like it if RR left.

Oh, and I'll add one more: 6. Leaving means he has to rebuild again. He is most likely ready to win now after spending his last seven coaching seasons rebuilding programs.

Again, not saying staying or going because I don't know. But there's a lot of factors in play. First among them if he even gets an offer.
cpt

Post by cpt »

So glad we tore up the best natural turf field in the country for this guy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RR should have Casteel be Hansen's new tennis buddy.

Chicat wrote:I really really hope RichRod stays. I just don't think we're going to do better, at least on the offensive side of the ball.
I agree 100%. Just hope that finally realizes that gimmicky and obsolete defenses don't last. Look how long Rich Ellerson tried to push the double eagle flex since it's heyday in Desert Swarm. Once OCs figure out how to beat a certain defense it's over. Same with offenses too.

RR is 1-7 vs. LA, 1-2 vs. ASU, and in his past life was 0-3 vs. tOSU and 0-3 vs. MSU.

also from Hansen:

Dear Mr. Football: What does Arizona have in common with Ernest Hemingway’s classic book “The Sun Also Rises”?

A. One of the most-quoted lines in Hemingway’s book is this:

“How did you go bankrupt?”

“Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly.”

That should be the working theme for Arizona’s 2015 football season. The Wildcats thought they made a significant deposit by winning at Nevada. But since that game, the Wolf Pack lost to 1-8 Wyoming and 2-6 UNLV, two of the worst teams in college football.

That opening victory over UTSA? The Roadrunners are 1-7.

The UA’s September checks bounced.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

cpt wrote:So glad we tore up the best natural turf field in the country for this guy.
...that's what bothers you?

cpt

Post by cpt »

Among other things, yes.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Ooook.

MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

cpt wrote:So glad we tore up the best natural turf field in the country for this guy.
I was going to bring that up. $1MM spent to please RR .... supposedly so his little OKGs could run faster.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Trying not to bring that up until RR gives me a reason. I loved that grass surface.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Jesus people it's grass. Most good programs don't have it anymore. It's grass...move on.

splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

PHXCATS wrote:No matter what it seems like RR is going east in the next few years. The real question is who is the best replacement that will come to UA for the right price and when will he be able to move. Lots of movement to take place this winter, but will the next year or two be better?
No matter what huh?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

splitsecond wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:No matter what it seems like RR is going east in the next few years. The real question is who is the best replacement that will come to UA for the right price and when will he be able to move. Lots of movement to take place this winter, but will the next year or two be better?
No matter what huh?
Oh and something about attendance and bad fans. Etc..Etc..

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Don't the Packers play on grass? I just think it's a good tradition that a frozen tundra and an arid desert can both support grass.

Besides this bit of history:

The turf is a Bermuda Tiff, transplanted to the Stadium from Tucson Nation Golf Club when cart paths were added in the mid 1970s.

A Sports Illustrated survey in 1986 rated the Arizona stadium turf as one of the two best in America.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

It's not 1986 anymore.

Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote:RR should have Casteel be Hansen's new tennis buddy.

Chicat wrote:I really really hope RichRod stays. I just don't think we're going to do better, at least on the offensive side of the ball.
I agree 100%. Just hope that finally realizes that gimmicky and obsolete defenses don't last. Look how long Rich Ellerson tried to push the double eagle flex since it's heyday in Desert Swarm. Once OCs figure out how to beat a certain defense it's over. Same with offenses too.

RR is 1-7 vs. LA, 1-2 vs. ASU, and in his past life was 0-3 vs. tOSU and 0-3 vs. MSU.

also from Hansen:

Dear Mr. Football: What does Arizona have in common with Ernest Hemingway’s classic book “The Sun Also Rises”?

That should be the working theme for Arizona’s 2015 football season. The Wildcats thought they made a significant deposit by winning at Nevada. But since that game, the Wolf Pack lost to 1-8 Wyoming and 2-6 UNLV, two of the worst teams in college football.

You know what bounced? Anu's freaking head between (2) ruin defensive players. The entire world knows this past weekend was the 1st game that he's been right, Who cares about our non-conf games & whom they've played since? Hansen can go suck a dick!

Has he written anything positive post the sc game? Any mention of de Beer starting on the OLine? Oh, and how about that stud making a one-handed tackle while being on the ground no less & the kid running the rock that got stoned was just a 5* recruit out of HS to boot, no biggie......

After we beat Utah I hope to God Rich Rod ignores Hansen in the presser.
Last edited by Sid on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Hater has spoken everybody. Move along now.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:Hater has spoken everybody. Move along now.
really? So only the crazy grass people get opinions now? But seriously...it's just friggin grass people. You sure you all aren't nc state fans?

Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

ASUHATER! wrote:Jesus people it's grass. Most good programs don't have it anymore. It's grass...move on.

Notable programs using grass surfaces: Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Florida, Florida State, Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Tennessee, TCU, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, USC, UCLA,

Notable programs using field turf: Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Oregon, Washington.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Jesus people it's grass. Most good programs don't have it anymore. It's grass...move on.

Notable programs using grass surfaces: Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Florida, Florida State, Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Tennessee, TCU, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, USC, UCLA,

Notable programs using field turf: Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Oregon, Washington.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I didn't like the grass and the bubble drain that was needed. Had to be up at row 15 to see the other side. But that's just me.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Baylor, TCU, Utah.

I wasn't happy with getting rid of grass. At the same time, I don't think it's a big deal, either.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Sid wrote:

Let me help him out.

I put that same article on the Scout Board a few day ago. But do you think Hansen doesn't care about RR can do at Arizona. I was mad reading this article.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chi wasn't a second ago you couldn't decide if you want RR to stay or go. Man I want him to stay and finish the job.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Sid wrote:
Merkin wrote:RR should have Casteel be Hansen's new tennis buddy.

also from Hansen:

You know what bounced? Anu's freaking head between (2) ruin defensive players. The entire world knows this past weekend was the 1st game that he's been right, Who cares about our non-conf games & whom they've played since? Hansen can go suck a dick!

Has he written anything positive post the sc game? Any mention of de Beer starting on the OLine? Oh, and how about that stud making a one-handed tackle while being on the ground no less & the kid running the rock that got stoned was just a 5* recruit out of HS to boot, no biggie......

After we beat Utah I hope to God Rich Rod ignores Hansen in the presser.
Let hope we do beat Utah because this isn't going to be a game where he hold a 3-0 record against them. If Arizona play like the did on defense against USC too Utah then their hope we might win.
cordera89

3 reasons why Rich Rodriguez should leave the Arizona Wildca

Post by cordera89 »

Well another dumb article about more reason of why RR will leave Arizona.

1. He won't win a championship in Tucson
2. More fertile recruiting ground
3. Fewer night games.

Here the article: http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blog ... a-wildcats" target="_blank

Do yawl agree with this.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:
Chi wasn't a second ago you couldn't decide if you want RR to stay or go.
I don't remember wavering on whether I want him to stay or go.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Chi wasn't a second ago you couldn't decide if you want RR to stay or go.
I don't remember wavering on whether I want him to stay or go.
I guess it was someone else thing.
For me I want him to stay regardless.
ramcat

Re: 3 reasons why Rich Rodriguez should leave the Arizona Wi

Post by ramcat »

cordera89 wrote:Well another dumb article about more reason of why RR will leave Arizona.

3. Fewer night games.

Here the article: http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blog ... a-wildcats" target="_blank

Do yawl agree with this.

Absolutely not. 3, has some merit but 1and 2, no. Assuming V Tech is where he were to go, Nat. Championship will not be easier out of coastal ACC division. It's practically the minor leagues compared to Pac 12 south.
, he will not get appreciably better classes to Blacksburg, VA.

I want him to stay and finish the job too. Does he really want the answer to his question, "why not AZ", be cause he was a quitter?! Not to mention, that leaving now would could hardly be looked at as being, "Hard Edge". Quitting instead of finishing.

Fraud Graham, would be overtaken by Rich Fraudriguez.

Hoping this all BS!! Please!!
illcat

Post by illcat »

Maybe Hansen should leave and take Casteel with him.
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

ramcat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:Well another dumb article about more reason of why RR will leave Arizona.

3. Fewer night games.

Do yawl agree with this.

Absolutely not. 3, has some merit but 1and 2, no. Assuming V Tech is where he were to go, Nat. Championship will not be easier out of coastal ACC division. It's practically the minor leagues compared to Pac 12 south.

I want him to stay and finish the job too. Does he really want the answer to his question, "why not AZ", be cause he was a quitter?! Not to mention, that leaving now would could hardly be looked at as being, "Hard Edge". Quitting instead of finishing.

Winning a NC would be much easier in the ACC. You go undefeated in the ACC, which is much easier to do than the PAC 12, you are getting invited to the playoff. Also, last I checked it is the ACC that produces the second most NFL talent to the SEC. So he would have a rich talent bed in an easier conference.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

ramcat wrote:

3. Fewer night games.

Do yawl agree with this.

I wish it was BS but it not. Ok let say this to question this write merit.

1 Can RR win Championship at Arizona? Yes he can. The 2014 Season was proof it can done Regardless of who they facing. USC, UCLA, Utah, ASU, Colorado, Stanford, WSU, UW, Oregon, Oregon State, Cal can be beaten on any given day.

2 Recruiting, Ok for some reason this writer didn't mention that Arizona isn't a powerhouse like team that cant attract top prospect and the fact that Arizona base recruiting ground is in California, RR knows how to recruit and he know how to bring decent prospect to Arizona. Also He been using his East coast ties to attract prospect to Arizona. How many EC prospect has RR brought to Arizona? 6 in 2012, 1 in 2013, 2 in 2014, 8 in 2015, 3 in 2016. So I don't see that as a problem. Also it take time for him to bring in those 4 or 5 star guys to actually commit, And they did compare his 2014 class to stoop 2008 class where stoop has 4 4* prospect and RR 6 4* prospect. I guess he saying He need to bring in more.

3 More night game. I cant argue that one.

Like I said to CHI I want him to stay regardless.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

ramcat wrote:

3. Fewer night games.

Do yawl agree with this.

Winning a NC would be much easier in the ACC. You go undefeated in the ACC, which is much easier to do than the PAC 12, you are getting invited to the playoff. Also, last I checked it is the ACC that produces the second most NFL talent to the SEC. So he would have a rich talent bed in an easier conference.
RR can also do it in the PAC 12 as well. He be facing quality team unlike ACC. That a give me situation.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Hansen is such a fucking idiot.

1. He's never expressed any desire to go back home. None.

2. When has RR ever exclusively recruited one state?

3. So RR is afraid of competition?

4. Did Lute lose his touch with Arizona fans? FB is a tough act to follow... VT has little to offer.

5. And VT isn't going to be a rebuilding process...? C'mon Hansen.

6. They probably sell out more. If RR brings a consistent winner to Tucson, this program would be no different.

7. So he saves himself two hours of flight time to his beach house. Wow! Tucson winters more than make up for the discomfort of a hard Virginia winter.