Re: Coach Rod

Post by azgreg »

:lol: :lol:
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Will Muschamp, Greg Schiano, Rich Rodriguez to talk S. Carolina job

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ources-say" target="_blank

I mean at this point, he is going to leave at some point (this year or next). Just do it and get it over with so we don't start losing anymore future recruits to negative recruiting. From injuries to possibly having the band directer (or random admin person) coach the team in the Maple Leaf Way Up North Polar bowl...not the season I saw coming.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

At this point, for me, when the Head Coach is known to be shopping around for whatever reason (closer to home, different conference, facilities, pay etc), I'd like to see RR get the job.

Rather him leave and move on the the next one. Like, do most CAL fans want Dykes back? Maybe.

I'd wonder what existing / future recruits wondering. Always wondering IF. Does make me think about recruit that AZ supposedly dropped scholarship offer because he wanted to official visit Washington. Ended up bad recruit, but that was the story.
Normally, if a guy is committed to you and still visiting other schools, he's not committed, he's just interested - Rich Rodriguez
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Hell.....

As soon as figure RR is back, the rumors start flying again.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

azgreg wrote: :lol: :lol:
I feel like Rich Rod read Scheer's tweet, then slowly stood up, looked around, and closed his blinds.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:At this point, for me, when the Head Coach is known to be shopping around for whatever reason (closer to home, different conference, facilities, pay etc), I'd like to see RR get the job.

Rather him leave and move on the the next one. Like, do most CAL fans want Dykes back? Maybe.

I'd wonder what existing / future recruits wondering. Always wondering IF. Does make me think about recruit that AZ supposedly dropped scholarship offer because he wanted to official visit Washington. Ended up bad recruit, but that was the story.
Normally, if a guy is committed to you and still visiting other schools, he's not committed, he's just interested - Rich Rodriguez
I really get sick of coaches and their horseshit about the expectations of those around them vs. those they hold for themselves. But this is not RR specific - it applies to all of them.

I have said this all along... I do not want him to leave, but will not shed a tear if he leaves. And I do not want Byrne to offer him one fucking penny more to keep him here - he is paid well enough for what he has delivered, and has a very attractive retention plan.

Just hurry up and get it over with so we can move on... I have suspected this going down exactly the way it has for a couple weeks. Even yesterday when everyone was saying the risk had been averted.

Au contraire.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

What in the world is RR doing. He really need to think about the choices really hard.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

cordera89 wrote:What in the world is RR doing. He really need to think about the choices really hard.
But you know for a fact he's not going there so why wonder what he's doing? Facts I tell ya. :lol:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:What in the world is RR doing. He really need to think about the choices really hard.
Backpedaling already?

Less than 24 hours ago you knew FOR A FACT that he was staying.

Facts are funny things
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Deuces
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Backpedaling already?

Facts are funny things
Last week he told me there wasn't even any rumors on Twitter that South Carolina was interested.

The word "fact" must mean something different in whatever language is Cordera's first.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Salty

Post by Salty »

Chicat wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
Backpedaling already?

Facts are funny things
Last week he told me there wasn't even any rumors on Twitter that South Carolina was interested.

The word "fact" must mean something different in whatever language is Cordera's first.
Quit being a bully. Cut the guy some slack.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Backpedaling already?

Facts are funny things
Facts are not funny I'm not backpedaling to nothing. I still believe he going to stay at arizona but this decision for him to meet South Carolina the job is ridiculous. You have to take this into account and say what Does the AD at South Carolina really looking for in RR. It big mistake if take that job it going to back fire.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Funny coming from salty the dbag police officer. Anyways...

I don't want him to leave but if he does I'll get over it quickly.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Angle could be ntSC camp leaked the Rich Rod story as a weather balloon. See what the response to it there is. Just guessing. Still means RR interested in the job. And I don't think it was the only job this year he was interested in. Be interesting to know how much lead time if any Byrne had to the public leak.

He's gone to bat often for RR. They're professionals in a business, but still there needs to be courtesies for healthy working relationship

And I call BS on this. but that's me. Yea, fans fault RR looking for option to leave... Byrne, gave him a shot, Attendance is up. His Pay is up, Facilities were put up. He was able to take over Sancet etc. Maybe, just maybe RR wants to explore because he wants to explore for his own personal reasons.
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Chicat wrote:Don't know that Mullen wants to leave the SEC. The recruiting scraps he picks up in that area are world's better than the recruits he could get to come to Tucson.
and he is making $4m+.
Salty

Post by Salty »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Angle could be ntSC camp leaked the Rich Rod story as a weather balloon. See what the response to it there is. Just guessing. Still means RR interested in the job. And I don't think it was the only job this year he was interested in. Be interesting to know how much lead time if any Byrne had to the public leak.

He's gone to bat often for RR. They're professionals in a business, but still there needs to be courtesies for healthy working relationship

And I call BS on this. but that's me. Yea, fans fault RR looking for option to leave... Byrne, gave him a shot, Attendance is up. His Pay is up, Facilities were put up. He was able to take over Sancet etc. Maybe, just maybe RR wants to explore because he wants to explore for his own personal reasons.
Anyone who blames Arizona fans is a fucking idiot and has no idea what the atmosphere is like at other schools.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

This shit is too funny. Commitment, just another phony, hollow, fancy sounding word to be used when it fits your personal coaching agenda.

The guy who runs kids off and pulls scholarships for taking a visit to another school is, it appears, just as uncommitted as those he calls only interested. What a shock, not.

I long ago stopped giving a shit about any particular coach and the shallow phony coach speak that regurgitates from their mouths. Not just RR........all of them.

Bring the next coaching orator on that will use Arizona as a pit-stop en-route to a better position, honestly at this point I could care less. Stunningly whats more whacky than a coach like RR wanting to get out of dodge is the goofy ass fans that fall in love with these people and fret over their every move.

Whether RR stays or goes does not matter to me at this point, the damage is already done. Never, not once ever has RR said publicly that I'm aware of that he wants to remain at Arizona for the long haul, during these last few months of coaching openings an it speaks volumes.

Thousands of hours and untold decades of commitment to this program and many thousands of dollars spent from this fan and many more like me says stop with the stupid meaningless soundbites and the fantasy of using words like commitment when its convenient...........get the fuck outta here with that crap and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

If RR is in-fact interviewing with SC, I wouldn't give this guy one more damn penny. Not one penny to remain at Arizona.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Salty wrote:
RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Angle could be ntSC camp leaked the Rich Rod story as a weather balloon. See what the response to it there is. Just guessing. Still means RR interested in the job. And I don't think it was the only job this year he was interested in. Be interesting to know how much lead time if any Byrne had to the public leak.

Anyone who blames Arizona fans is a fucking idiot and has no idea what the atmosphere is like at other schools.
Exactly. If only we had treated like the Michigan fans ... oh, wait. Could turn that argument around: "So RR is looking around after one tough year? Arizona has no one to blame but themselves for hiring him!"

I'm sure RR has kept GB completely in the loop. The fact he is looking means he is probably gone at some point in the near future. Very disappointing after Arizona got him back in the college game.

If he leaves, so be it. If he stays, I think he has a much better chance for success. Then again, what do I know. RR needs to do what he feels is best for himself and family. Arizona football will be fine regardless.

It's just entertainment to us, anyway.

Go Cats!!
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Hell, no one even knows what's going on besides "he's talking to South Carolina." Who knows. Maybe he really is interested. Maybe he's only interested if they really, really make it worth his while. Maybe he's just giving Tanner a courtesy interview. Maybe he just wants a raise (prob not happening.) Maybe he wants more money for the assistants. The optics aren't great but I'll wait and see what's going on before I pass judgement. Got some people already acting like jilted lovers in this thread though.
Salty

Post by Salty »

All I know is that CST has gone from super overreaction, to eating crow, to now where he is probably just about ready to overreact again.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I am not buying that first report. If he just took an around the country tour to see his recruits then comes home to jump on a plane to check out a job, then he is a bigger phony scumbag clown then CTG.

I agree with Gladcat, don't let the door hit you in the f ING arse. Granted I think this is just a float but I guess we see.

Edit: oh and Saul can eat a dick
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

There is not a snowball's chance in hell that SC would let him bring Casteel with him.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

splitsecond wrote:There is not a snowball's chance in hell that SC would let him bring Casteel with him.
My opinion: When you float Muschamp's name, you're either intentionally trying to lower expectations or you're desperate or, most likely, both.

Desperate people do funny things.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Anyone see Tate posting a picture of an incoming call from Keyshawn Jonhson and the caption said things are getting crazy right now
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Salty wrote:Quit being a bully. Cut the guy some slack.
Cordera can handle himself. Maybe quit wading into things that have nothing to do with you.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

SCCats wrote:
splitsecond wrote:There is not a snowball's chance in hell that SC would let him bring Casteel with him.
My opinion: When you float Muschamp's name, you're either intentionally trying to lower expectations or you're desperate or, most likely, both.

Desperate people do funny things.

Great post.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

3goggles wrote:Anyone see Tate posting a picture of an incoming call from Keyshawn Jonhson and the caption said things are getting crazy right now
Didn't... but isn't SC still trying to pull Tate from Arizona?
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

3goggles wrote:Anyone see Tate posting a picture of an incoming call from Keyshawn Jonhson and the caption said things are getting crazy right now
You might mean this one...

https://www.instagram.com/p/-2S8CrOSAD/ ... halil_tate

You have to wonder what recruits thinking right now. Especially ones he RR visited this week. Assume he didn't tell them he was interested in SC and pitched AZ 100%. Then see the reports and it not knocked down yet publicly. Maybe privately, but still have to carry some doubt until it comes to some resolution.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:

You have to wonder what recruits thinking right now. Especially ones he RR visited this week. Assume he didn't tell them he was interested in SC and pitched AZ 100%. Then see the reports and it not knocked down yet publicly. Maybe privately, but still have to carry some doubt until it comes to some resolution.
Yup that's the one
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Gladiator Cat wrote:This shit is too funny. Commitment, just another phony, hollow, fancy sounding word to be used when it fits your personal coaching agenda.

The guy who runs kids off and pulls scholarships for taking a visit to another school is, it appears, just as uncommitted as those he calls only interested. What a shock, not.

I long ago stopped giving a shit about any particular coach and the shallow phony coach speak that regurgitates from their mouths. Not just RR........all of them.

Bring the next coaching orator on that will use Arizona as a pit-stop en-route to a better position, honestly at this point I could care less. Stunningly whats more whacky than a coach like RR wanting to get out of dodge is the goofy ass fans that fall in love with these people and fret over their every move.

Whether RR stays or goes does not matter to me at this point, the damage is already done. Never, not once ever has RR said publicly that I'm aware of that he wants to remain at Arizona for the long haul, during these last few months of coaching openings an it speaks volumes.

Thousands of hours and untold decades of commitment to this program and many thousands of dollars spent from this fan and many more like me says stop with the stupid meaningless soundbites and the fantasy of using words like commitment when its convenient...........get the fuck outta here with that crap and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

If RR is in-fact interviewing with SC, I wouldn't give this guy one more damn penny. Not one penny to remain at Arizona.
Bingo. If Byrne does, my opinion of him will drop considerably.

Turning into Carl-Cave In for a subordinate who you have bent over backwards to take care of an treat more than fairly (who is coming off a sub-standard year) is not leadership. It's letting the inmates run the asylum.

IF he wants to be elsewhere, let him go.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azcat49 wrote:I am not buying that first report. If he just took an around the country tour to see his recruits then comes home to jump on a plane to check out a job, then he is a bigger phony scumbag clown then CTG.

I agree with Gladcat, don't let the door hit you in the f ING arse. Granted I think this is just a float but I guess we see.

Edit: oh and Saul can eat a dick
Just be safe, someone needs to lock all the recruiting files in fire retardant cabinets while he is out of town.

And make sue electronic copies are securely backed up on an encrypted server.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Get Sonny Dykes on the phone.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:

Tate better be careful. The staff may view this as him not being "committed" to the program.. Only merely "interested".

We can't have any of that...
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Irish27 wrote:Get Sonny Dykes on the phone.

He hated it here. I think he was the one PAC-12 coach that took that potshot at Arizona a couple weeks ago.
-JB
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

So he can demand a raise in 3 years after winning 25% of his conference games? No thank you.

Any success whatsoever and he will punch his ticket as quickly as he can get out of town. That would be 3 schools in 5 years... The guy makes Graham look sedentary.

All coaches are mercenaries but he's at the extreme. His ambition casts a long shadow over his ability; the potential reward does not outweigh the risk.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Catstatic wrote:
Salty wrote:

Exactly. If only we had treated like the Michigan fans ... oh, wait. Could turn that argument around: "So RR is looking around after one tough year? Arizona has no one to blame but themselves for hiring him!"

I'm sure RR has kept GB completely in the loop. The fact he is looking means he is probably gone at some point in the near future. Very disappointing after Arizona got him back in the college game.

If he leaves, so be it. If he stays, I think he has a much better chance for success. Then again, what do I know. RR needs to do what he feels is best for himself and family. Arizona football will be fine regardless.

It's just entertainment to us, anyway.

Go Cats!!
Rich Rod had a maniacal fan base in Ann Arbor, and told them they needed to get a life.

Now he is In Tucson, and everybody wants him back after going 3-6 in conference for his 3rd losing campaign in 4 years. But the support is not strong enough.

Maybe South Carolina is JUST right. Okay Goldilocks.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:

He hated it here. I think he was the one PAC-12 coach that took that potshot at Arizona a couple weeks ago.
He hates it at Cal more. And money heals all wounds.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
So he can demand a raise in 3 years after winning 25% of his conference games? No thank you.

Any success whatsoever and he will punch his ticket as quickly as he can get out of town. That would be 3 schools in 5 years... The guy makes Graham look sedentary.

All coaches are mercenaries but he's at the extreme. His ambition casts a long shadow over his ability; the potential reward does not outweigh the risk.
You going to tell us who you would want?
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Sonny Dykes seems to always be looking for that next job.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

OSUCat wrote:Sonny Dykes seems to always be looking for that next job.
You just described 90% of coaches.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Chicat wrote:
OSUCat wrote:Sonny Dykes seems to always be looking for that next job.
You just described 90% of coaches.
It seems different though with Sonny. He doesn't seem he can be happy anywhere, and as soon as that first year is over he looks at new places (not necessary upgrade jobs)
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Dykes has improved each year at both his schools. That's what he is selling.

Not that I'm buying, but I can see his agent saying he is being a better candidate than RichRod. Dykes did finish ahead of him this year.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

He hates it at Cal more. And money heals all wounds.

Why would a good ol' boy from Texas hate it in Berkeley? :lol:
-JB
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Salty wrote:All I know is that CST has gone from super overreaction, to eating crow, to now where he is probably just about ready to overreact again.
I'm with gladiator cat.

I could give two shits what RR does at this point. If he stays, great, but arizona will be fine if he leaves.

Thanks for the unnecessary call out.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

He's losing recruits. He has to make a decision quickly.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

chiefzona wrote:He's losing recruits. He has to make a decision quickly.
Can make a case he has already. Not to publicly knock down the report. That's a decision (so far) that he wants to pursue other job. If it was false or something he didn't want to check out, he could knock it down. I'm sure he knows about it. Staying quiet (as we know) is a decision.

Or he's made a decision to leverage Byrne for more OR he's made the decision to go through the process and have the decision made for him by not getting an offer etc. But this decision takes time to play out.

Lots of decisions to make in this process. So far, he seems to already made some...
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Cal and Arizona are shaky right now. Dykes and Rich Rod are not stable in commitment to their schools as of now. Things can change but the pendulum swings.