Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: Coach Rod

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
Chicat wrote:Harv, you seem to be pretty concerned with what other people and fans think. Does it really matter if someone doesn't trust recruiting services? The results on the field always tell the final story.
No Chi, I don't care what other fans think.
Ok, cool.
Harvey Specter wrote:I am not a dogmatic fan who buys all the BS that our coaches are selling with blind devotion - but that's just me.

I care that we get good players and succeed as a program. I care less about having a coach that is good in front of the camera than you do... you can rest assured tonight though - RR just tweeted out that he is happy to be a Wildcat.
Wait a tick......
How exactly is my own (and plenty of other fans') dissatisfaction with the recruiting classes RR has brought in in ANY way tied to "what other fans think"?

I do care more about beating ASU than having a coach who gets a few laughs from the media during a presser... Not sure how that applies, either.

But hey... To each his own.
Saying you don't care what other fans think and then literally in the next breath start talking about "dogmatic fans" and what I think about RR's on camera personality is pretty funny Harv.

Not to mention all your other posts about fans who talk about how lucky we are to have RR and how we need more fan support to keep him.

Seems like you care a lot. Which is really fine, just funny.
My bad... I was reading the 'other fans' comment to refer to fans of other programs. You did not state that - I inferred it. My apologies.

To clarify, I get real tired of the protestations of other ARIZONA fans acting like those of us who aren't blindly devoted to the current staff are BAD fans. And it happens a lot.

Rich wins, I am happy. He doesn't, I am not. And my standard for winning has been pretty consistent... It's not annual 10 win seasons. It is >0.500 in conference and beating ASU more often than not.

I suppose I'll just have to get more patient.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

AZarchery wrote:South Carolina saying they never offered rich rod.
That's how it usually goes. Everyone has to save face.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Sureeeeeeee. That's what all jilted lovers say. I doubt that very much
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Are you sure about that. This doesn't prove that RR didn't get the job or is waiting to get offer, I want to know is this true or false.
Too late RR, the damage has been done. Interviewing is like calling a Divorce Lawyer for a consultation.....even though you didn't file the papers, we know this marriage ain't gonna work for long......GTFO RR and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Bear Down.
Literally the most idiotic post I've ever read on here.

AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

ASUHATER! wrote:
http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt ... t-41772756" target="_blank
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

AZarchery wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Proves my point. South Carolina is doing damage control after being turned down.

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

chiefzona wrote:
OSUCat wrote:WVU can still open this year. Aren't they happy in Clemson?

Dabo wants an NFL job.
Is that realistic?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I honestly am glad he is staying. Bear down.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

It's AZ football lore now.

Even if not true, brilliant move by AZ.

When RR turned down Alabama and that day "RR turned down South Carolina to stay at AZ"

AZ Football lore.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

AZarchery wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
This happens a ton. Every team that hires a coach wants to pretend that their new guy was their first and only offer and that no one would ever turn them down, and every coach who was interested or interviewed wants to be the one to have said no. It gets silly.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

OSUCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Dabo wants an NFL job.
Is that realistic?

Schiano got one.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

AZarchery wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Who the hell knows what really happened. But considering that S. Carolina was down to option C or D (where RR was clearly the best of the bunch), they probably look more ridiculous NOT offering RR than they do by saying he was never offered.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

If it wasn't RR than there is no reason not to leak names. This is the only thing that makes sense at the moment.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:

Dabo wants an NFL job.
Why would dabo leave Clemson for NFL.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
AZarchery wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Proves my point. South Carolina is doing damage control after being turned down.
I think Byrnes is doing the damage control. RichRod probably wasn't offered and Byrnes just helped RR out with his fan base by putting the best possible face on it he could. But then again maybe he was offered.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Are you sure about that. This doesn't prove that RR didn't get the job or is waiting to get offer, I want to know is this true or false.
Too late RR, the damage has been done. Interviewing is like calling a Divorce Lawyer for a consultation.....even though you didn't file the papers, we know this marriage ain't gonna work for long......GTFO RR and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Bear Down.
Doubtful, but thanks for the compliment anyways ;-). Seriously though, how does any good recruit take RR seriously now they know he's been shopping around for another job (out in the open)? And, not even a significant step up job from our program? That's my main concern.

I loved RR from the day he was hired, through this season, up till it as confirmed he interviewed for the SC job. I'm over him now....Now I just want a HC who recruits can believe he'll be at the UA for at least their first year if not longer.....
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

Bear Down.
Doubtful, but thanks for the compliment anyways ;-). Seriously though, how does any good recruit take RR seriously now they know he's been shopping around for another job (out in the open)? And, not even a significant step up job from our program? That's my main concern.

I loved RR from the day he was hired, through this season, up till it as confirmed he interviewed for the SC job. I'm over him now....Now I just want a HC who recruits can believe he'll be at the UA for at least their first year if not longer.....
Coaches interview for jobs all the time. People every day in America interview for jobs they don't take. It isn't 1987 where coaches stay at the same job for 30 years. No reason to take his interview as a personal insult. Get a grip and calm down. RR has been here for 5 years now and turned down several jobs. Get over yourself

TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

ESPN reporting Rich turned them down on an offer. Maybe it was all a ploy to get a commitment for an indoor practice facility. Miller used a similar flirtation with Maryland a few years back to bump up pay for assistants, get some more charter flights, and a slight raise.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

I'm pretty sure everyone knew if RR did anything at Arizona other schools would come calling.

This isn't the first time, this won't be the last.

If this is all it takes for you to achieve jilted lover status, you need thicker skin.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Fishclamps wrote:I'm pretty sure everyone knew if RR did anything at Arizona other schools would come calling.

This isn't the first time, this won't be the last.

If this is all it takes for you to achieve jilted lover status, you need thicker skin.
Seriously. The people having tantrums over this are absolutely idiotic right now.

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:ESPN reporting Rich turned them down on an offer. Maybe it was all a ploy to get a commitment for an indoor practice facility. Miller used a similar flirtation with Maryland a few years back to bump up pay for assistants, get some more charter flights, and a slight raise.
Does anyone on this board actually think that Rich Rod's assistants need more dough? I think some changes are in order instead.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:
TheGreatCatsby wrote:ESPN reporting Rich turned them down on an offer. Maybe it was all a ploy to get a commitment for an indoor practice facility. Miller used a similar flirtation with Maryland a few years back to bump up pay for assistants, get some more charter flights, and a slight raise.
Does anyone on this board actually think that Rich Rod's assistants need more dough? I think some changes are in order instead.
No they don't, What they need to do is do there job of coaching this football team.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chief,

The thought of Greg Byrne increasing any of the coaches pay packages is so comical at this point I'm not even sure George Carlin my he (RIP), could pull that joke off on stage.

As you said, no pay increases, but changes for sure need to happen.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

And how is that change going to happen? Is RR willing to let go Casteel to hired a New DC, Is he going to change up his Recruiting tactics. Because I want to know how is RR willing to make those changes when he loyal to his staff.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Hey turned them down. Makes me happy but caution for the future. Best hope for today.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ASUHATER! wrote:
And coaches who publicly interview for jobs and don't get the job always say they turned it down or did not want it. But you think SC would absolutely lie but RR never would. Gosh aren't we lucky we have such a Boy Scout! :lol:

I suspect RR told Byrne he got a firm offer.. Because I doubt Byrne would have tweeted that unless he believed it was true. If RR tweeted it, far fewer would have given it any credibility. He seems to be continuing to leak info through Feldman again.

How many people actually believe that RR went through this process, got the financial offer he wanted, and then decided on his flight home that he had 'unfinished business' in Tucson? Sorry, that smells awfully funny. I'd be as likely to believe that he 'remembered on his flight home that he and Rita wanted to retire in Tucson'.

If he really got an offer and turned it down (and maybe he did), then I'll bet it was for not as much money as he wanted - or had some other string attached. He gets a big GTE in a few months, and UA is not Siberia.

Great - he's coming back. But let's accept if for what it is, and nothing more. He was a Plan C candidate for a mid-to-lower-level job in a BRUTAL conference. He's not some hot commodity that any other major college fanbases are clamoring to get. Anywhere.

We're a match made in heaven... He's not any more desirable as a coach right now than we are as a program. That's reality - and he's at least as lucky to be here as we are to have him.

And Byrne better not have coughed up more money to keep him here. I hope we learn that soon - maybe as early as tomorrow.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I bet his contract stays the exact same as it was.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Harvey Specter wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
And coaches who publicly interview for jobs and don't get the job always say they turned it down or did not want it. But you think SC would absolutely lie but RR never would. Gosh aren't we lucky we have such a Boy Scout! :lol:

I suspect RR told Byrne he got a firm offer.. Because I doubt Byrne would have tweeted that unless he believed it was true. If RR tweeted it, far fewer would have given it any credibility. He seems to be continuing to leak info through Feldman again.

How many people actually believe that RR went through this process, got the financial offer he wanted, and then decided on his flight home that he had 'unfinished business' in Tucson? Sorry, that smells awfully funny. I'd be as likely to believe that he 'remembered on his flight home that he and Rita wanted to retire in Tucson'.

If he really got an offer and turned it down (and maybe he did), then I'll bet it was for not as much money as he wanted - or had some other string attached. He gets a big GTE in a few months, and UA is not Siberia.

Great - he's coming back. But let's accept if for what it is, and nothing more. He was a Plan C candidate for a mid-to-lower-level job in a BRUTAL conference. He's not some hot commodity that any other major college fanbases are clamoring to get. Anywhere.

We're a match made in heaven... He's not any more desirable as a coach right now than we are as a program. That's reality - and he's at least as lucky to be here as we are to have him.

And Byrne better not have coughed up more money to keep him here. I hope we learn that soon - maybe as early as tomorrow.
I fully believe it. The instant turning on rich rod because he dared interviewed for a job(which every single one of you would've done in the same position by the way) by people on this board is beyond idiotic and infantile.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Way to keep it real, Harvey. Thank you for keeping perspective, even if nobody else can accept what a flighty cover-up artist Rich Rodriguez actually is.

Hey, if he wins 10 games next season and beats ASU, I can live with that. But that doesn't put the man on any higher ground than Todd Graham or his supporters.

I only wish that such a big chunk of these same people didn't vote for a president on the same criteria, but that's for another forum. What's idiotic is to throw yourself into the full drama that Arizona football head coach position has become.

But buy into whatever you want. Real leaders don't completely fail to communicate with fans, players and recruits the way Rich Rod has the past month.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

"Coaches interview for jobs all the time. People every day in America interview for jobs they don't take. It isn't 1987 where coaches stay at the same job for 30 years. No reason to take his interview as a personal insult. Get a grip and calm down. RR has been here for 5 years now and turned down several jobs. Get over yourself"

Pretty big difference in listening to interested parties and actively interviewing. And you are right, coaches interview for better jobs all the time. I think most people would agree that South Carolina would have been a lateral move at best.
Last edited by Scummy Dick Douglas on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

catgrad97 wrote:Way to keep it real, Harvey. Thank you for keeping perspective, even if nobody else can accept what a flighty cover-up artist Rich Rodriguez actually is.

Hey, if he wins 10 games next season and beats ASU, I can live with that. But that doesn't put the man on any higher ground than Todd Graham.

I only wish that such a big chunk of these same people didn't vote for a president on the same criteria, but that's for another forum.
You do realize he didn't take the job right? Why are you so eager to believe south Carolina and not RR or Byrne? Did RR punch your kid in the face recently or pee on your lawn? The infantile temper tantrums and vitriol just because someone did something that you would do yourself in the same situation is baffling to me.

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

The people who think RR is damaged for interviewing with another school must really not like Lute Olson.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azpenguin wrote:The people who think RR is damaged for interviewing with another school must really not like Lute Olson.
Exactly. I hope they were freaking out this much when lute almost bolted.

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

I fully believe it. The instant turning on rich rod because he dared interviewed for a job(which every single one of you would've done in the same position by the way) by people on this board is beyond idiotic and infantile.
You make the faulty assumption that every person on the planet makes decisions the same way Rich Rod does, or you would, and that's complete fallacy. It's conventional wisdom that every person on the planet chases every dollar they can get their hands on under any circumstance... and a lot of people who believe that condemn others for being 'money hungry'. :lol: Regardless, I can tell you first hand that plenty of people do not live their lives that way.... those that don't are fortunate because they don't have to - and most make multiple less than $3MM+ per annum.

If he had great success and was provided the opportunity to go to an elite program - (I can not speak for others) I would harbor ZERO resentment for that. I'd still think he was a gratuitous bullshitter because of things he has said that he never meant,,, but that's a different story.

Maybe he did it to position for a raise. In that case, if I was his boss I would have told him to take the job. It's fair game to negotiate for a raise when you've earned it - and very risky business to try and leverage one when you haven't.

If this was about family and being closer to home and he was offered the job - he would have taken it. Whether it was for a lot more money or not.

I do not believe this is as neat and tidy as him going for a job, getting it, and then deciding he loves it here. Doesn't compute. I suspect it was a money grab that did not turn out the way he hoped it would.

And that's fine. But don't say "it's all business" when going for a different job and more money, and then expect unwavering support from 'customers'.

Business is all about getting paid for the seller, and it's about a quality product and 'bang for the buck' for the buyer. You want to get paid? Produce a quality product and don't bitch if you don't and the customers don't show up.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You really need to grow up.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

You have no idea what other people did or didn't do, HATER. None. You need to stop pretending you do and sift out the facts of this situation.

I believe Byrne, who has been forthright and discreet throughout this process, as he has always preached transparency.

But I no longer believe Rich Rodriguez and find his self-estimation and regard for this program and its fans to be a boatload of bullshit. He exposed himself as weak and not very principled throughout this entire process, and it's going to take yeomans work to heal the distrust it has caused in this program.

Idiotic tantrum? My wife is asleep while I sit next to her on the coach, typing this. I am merely voicing a moral objection to a public figure's conduct I find unacceptable. I haven't even read a thing South Carolina has to say about this.

And BTW, when did coaching COLLEGE football become a "business"? You never hear that line dared utter at the D-II or III levels, but in 2015 at Arizona, it is?

If so, as Harvey points out, business has not been good this fall for Rich Rodriguez, so he needs to drop the star games and CEO bs and do the tough things it takes to win in this game.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Miller did the EXACT same thing, we never talk about it two years later. It's always nice to know your options as a coach, and in Rich Rod's case, maybe he needed it. I know the late night games and getting home at 5 am bothers him, as does the distance recruiting he has to do because Arizona is a small state population wise.

Sometimes it takes seeing what your options are, then deciding what you have is better than all of them...AND then you can mentally refocus and redouble down on your efforts (like recruiting, and perhaps continued facility upgrades, like an indoor practice facility, which we DO need, which will help with recruiting and training.)
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Meh. I find all of this pretty hard to get that worked up about. 13 years of az football hasn't really made me that worried.
Scummy Dick Douglas

TheGreatCatsby wrote:Miller did the EXACT same thing, we never talk about it two years later. It's always nice to know your options as a coach, and in Rich Rod's case, maybe he needed it. I know the late night games and getting home at 5 am bothers him, as does the distance recruiting he has to do because Arizona is a small state population wise.

Sometimes it takes seeing what your options are, then deciding what you have is better than all of them...AND then you can mentally refocus and redouble down on your efforts (like recruiting, and perhaps continued facility upgrades, like an indoor practice facility, which we DO need, which will help with recruiting and training.)
What school did Miller interview with?
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Maryland.
Scummy Dick Douglas

TheGreatCatsby wrote:Maryland.
Wasn't Maryland the school he once aspired to coach?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azpenguin wrote:The people who think RR is damaged for interviewing with another school must really not like Lute Olson.
Inane comment. I would have loved Lute almost as much as I do now if he had left for Kentucky because of what he built here. Funny thing, he never promised he would stay to pander to the fans.. He just did.

On the few occasions he did interview over his 25 year tenure, it was as the top candidate for an elite job; he was an elite coach who was in demand. And there was no doubt he was offered the jobs he considered. Don't ever put those 2 in the same category again, because they could not be more different in virtually every regard.

Now if Lute interviewed for Kansas State and Baylor twice in 3 years after making the NIT to squeeze Dempsey, then I might feel differently - but that hypothetical is fictional on any level imaginable. He also never complained when McKale didn't sell out in his first 2 years.

He only commented that people who didn't buy season tickets when they could "would regret it soon" (because it they waited too long they wouldn't be able to).

Otherwise - great analogy.
Bangkok Wildcat

You can't be serious......apples to oranges. Correct me if I'm wrong, only one time in his long tenure at UA did Lute interview and consider leaving the UA to frickin' KENTUCKY! And how many years and after how much success at re-building then expanding the UA program?

Comparing that to RR interviewing for the SC gig is not a fair comparison at all IMHO. So, for all of you RR defenders out there, do you think this will have any effect on our recruiting?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
You can't be serious......apples to oranges. Correct me if I'm wrong, only one time in his long tenure at UA did Lute interview and consider leaving the UA to frickin' KENTUCKY! And how many years and after how much success at re-building then expanding the UA program?
He talked to Kentucky twice.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

catgrad97 wrote:You have no idea what other people did or didn't do, HATER. None. You need to stop pretending you do and sift out the facts of this situation.

I believe Byrne, who has been forthright and discreet throughout this process, as he has always preached transparency.

But I no longer believe Rich Rodriguez and find his self-estimation and regard for this program and its fans to be a boatload of bullshit. He exposed himself as weak and not very principled throughout this entire process, and it's going to take yeomans work to heal the distrust it has caused in this program.

Idiotic tantrum? My wife is asleep while I sit next to her on the coach, typing this. I am merely voicing a moral objection to a public figure's conduct I find unacceptable. I haven't even read a thing South Carolina has to say about this.

And BTW, when did coaching COLLEGE football become a "business"? You never hear that line dared utter at the D-II or III levels, but in 2015 at Arizona, it is?

If so, as Harvey points out, business has not been good this fall for Rich Rodriguez, so he needs to drop the star games and CEO bs and do the tough things it takes to win in this game.
+1 CG97......well-said.
Scummy Dick Douglas

UAEebs86 wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Its Kentucky. A fair comparison would be RR interviewing with Texas or Alabama.
Bangkok Wildcat

UAEebs86 wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Thanks....interesting. Do you know when and how close he came to leaving then? Just curious....
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
TheGreatCatsby wrote:Maryland.
Wasn't Maryland the school he once aspired to coach?
Yes... Brian Snow warned virtually everyone the WEEK Miller was hired to keep in mind that Maryland was a job that Miller had long coveted and THE one that he viewed as a sleeping giant.

And IIRC, he leveraged that opportunity after an Elite 8 appearance in his SECOND year to get Byrne to fulfill promises that were made to him by Livengood when he signed on (charter jets for recruiting, etc) but which had never been fulfilled. Oh yeah, and I think he got some raises for his assistants, too.

That situation and RR's flirtations with Louisville and South Carolina are virtually identical. South Carolina is the new Florida, and Louisville the new Florida State.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Thanks....interesting. Do you know when and how close he came to leaving then? Just curious....
Family ties kept Olson from a new Ky. home Arizona coach had two shots at UK job

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1997-0 ... zona-coach

In 1985 and again in 1989, Olson, a close friend of Kentucky athletic director C. M. Newton, was among the leading candidates to become the Wildcats' coach.

Both times, he chose to stay in Tucson. In 1985, Kentucky hired Eddie Sutton, a move that ultimately led to NCAA sanctions. Four years later, Kentucky hired Rick Pitino, who has the school on the verge of back-to-back national titles.

Yesterday, Olson paid homage to the job Pitino has done in Lexington.

"From a coaching standpoint, that's the epitome of jobs," he said. "I felt honored they would have an interest in talking with me. But it's obvious they've got the right guy at the helm there now. Rick has done a better job, certainly, than I could have and probably a large number of coaches could have. So their choice was the right one."

That 1989 flirtation effectively ended when Olson's wife, Bobbi, picked up two of their grandchildren from school one afternoon.

"On the way home, they said something to her about it's OK if you and Papa Lute decide to go," Olson said. "While they're saying it, they've got tears streaming down their eyes. To go and take a look, not go and take the job. And for those of you who are grandparents, you'll understand how that tugs at you.

"Family has always been very critical to us, and that was why we decided that Arizona would be a good place for us to finish things up."
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

What people keep forgetting with the Lute and Miller analogies is that both of those coaches had proven track records and were coming off successful campaigns.

So it was expected that the game's top programs would come calling.

But a lateral move coming off a 6-6 season with one of the worst defenses in the game--by a coach whose track record wouldn't be in the same class with Miller or Olson?

Rich Rodriguez was damaged goods four years ago. Whether he reached out to SC or vice versa, he had not begun to earn a new opportunity.