Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: Coach Rod

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:Fwiw I agree with Chief very much so on how the fans view Rich Rod currently. The ASU game could've swayed some fans who were on the fence and unfortunately for Rich those fans have jumped off the fence and are going into next year with a "I'll watch Khalil Tate at home" stance. Rich Rod could conceivably win 9 games next year (all pending on Tate's health) and could still very likely lose his job.

You’re batting 1.000 today. Good post.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Tucson could have watched Tate at Arizona Stadium this past season when he was the hottest player in college football, and still stayed home.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:Tucson could have watched Tate at Arizona Stadium this past season when he was the hottest player in college football, and still stayed home.
Yep, and that proves they are not good supporters of the program. Shame. Arizona NEEDS more support to get to the next level.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Fwiw I agree with Chief very much so on how the fans view Rich Rod currently. The ASU game could've swayed some fans who were on the fence and unfortunately for Rich those fans have jumped off the fence and are going into next year with a "I'll watch Khalil Tate at home" stance. Rich Rod could conceivably win 9 games next year (all pending on Tate's health) and could still very likely lose his job.
If U of A wins 9 games next year and the fans dont show up, that is on the "fans" not RR 100%.
I'm not saying the fans don't deserve blame, but the football fanbase has never been a show up no matter what type fanbase. Tucson is very much impacted by what direction most believe the program is headed in, hence the good attendance numbers for Stoops even during the early years. When things look on the up and up fans show up, when it looks like things are more of the same or going downhill they stay home. RR certainly has let it get to that point. He's starting to climb out of the ditch, but can he fully climb out to get Tucson's support? Even with 9 wins I highly doubt it.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Hope we win at least 9 next year and if we do RR will NOT lose his job.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Heeke wanted a win over ASU. If Heeke doesn’t extend RR by tomorrow,’the table is set for the direction he intends to go.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:Heeke wanted a win over ASU. If Heeke doesn’t extend RR by tomorrow,’the table is set for the direction he intends to go.
He won't extend him this year that's for sure. Attendance will matter more than wins next year for RR's job security. I wouldn't count on next season being much better than last.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

For once you guys are still in this none-sense that RR will lose his job over attendance?

Like I said RR will be lucky enough to win seven or eight games, Nine will impossible factor to consider who they win against.

Everyone single team knows who Tate is and going to be well prepared for him now.

Heeke will be the worst AD in Arizona if he think he can replace someone better than RR because of the attendance. Oh please they haven't done anything special but keep on hating.

I don't care if you decide to agree on pointless matters. The only think RR would do, Is maintain Arizona football on the path of being a .500 team and getting in the bowl games.

RR could maintain Arizona football to above .500 or better and go bowl games and still keep his job regardless of how bad the attendance. I said fuck them. They haven't done jack shit for Arizona.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:Heeke wanted a win over ASU. If Heeke doesn’t extend RR by tomorrow,’the table is set for the direction he intends to go.
So what happen if RR prove you wrong again chief? It like you keep making the same old excuses.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

cordera89 wrote: RR could maintain Arizona football to above .500 or better and go bowl games and still keep his job regardless of how bad the attendance. I said fuck them. They haven't done jack shit for Arizona.
How drunk are you tonight bud?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

cordera89 wrote:
So what happen if RR prove you wrong again chief? It like you keep making the same old excuses.

RR has never proved me wrong. He always makes me look good. It’s old. We all need a new Jefe who knows how to recruit and beat the big dogs instead of embarrassing the program with sorry decisions and losses against ASU.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

PHXCATS wrote: Preach on. The haters and turds will always find faults because that us their character
Patting your self on the back continually, over multiple posts, about your for-the-troops purchasing of tickets while simultaneously calling, rather casually, other Arizona fans "turds" speaks more of your character than anything anyone else is saying.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Who attends the game because the coach? Stupidest thing I've heard. People attend games to see meaningful wins. Arizona was 3-1 this year at home in pac12 play. And the 1 loss was by by 6 points, one possession.

I'm an alumni, a whole bunch of my friends are UA alumni, many of my co-workers are alumni. I am known to talk about Arizona football incessantly. I was in a focus group to help address attendance and we met at least 6 times and talked for hours about attendance issues. This is the only place I heard that attendance was lacking because of RR. I am starting to think that ASU has hacked this board and has stupid bots posting some of this RR hate garbage. I get being critical, but jeez, I'm over the haters. :roll:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not sure why tomorrow is dday? If Heeke thinks he will be makng a change in the next two years he should cut bait now and let's not waste the retention dollars on RR.

I do think on schedule alone we might see a 5 to 10% bump as having BYU, USC and ASSU at home should give them close to three 50K games
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

RR has never proved me wrong. He always makes me look good. It’s old. We all need a new Jefe who knows how to recruit and beat the big dogs instead of embarrassing the program with sorry decisions and losses against ASU.
Let me put it like this, You and your bandwagon crusader were hoping that RR would be fired this season and that didn't happen as y'all though. You can it lucky or you call it miracle. . RR prove your ass wrong this season. 2018 he going prove everyone wrong once again. He didn't prove you right. He made you look like asses with all the hate. He made you his bitch by proving everything you said wrong. I could care less about ASU loss since that your strongest argument to go with. But at the end of day he still going to be roaming the sideline at Arizona.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UALoco wrote:Who attends the game because the coach? Stupidest thing I've heard. People attend games to see meaningful wins. Arizona was 3-1 this year at home in pac12 play. And the 1 loss was by by 6 points, one possession.

I'm an alumni, a whole bunch of my friends are UA alumni, many of my co-workers are alumni. I am known to talk about Arizona football incessantly. I was in a focus group to help address attendance and we met at least 6 times and talked for hours about attendance issues. This is the only place I heard that attendance was lacking because of RR. I am starting to think that ASU has hacked this board and has stupid bots posting some of this RR hate garbage. I get being critical, but jeez, I'm over the haters. :roll:
Why would ASU fans want to come on an Arizona broad and cause problem.

Because the only hate I seen coming from this broad are Arizona Fan itself.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

cordera89 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

Let me put it like this, You and your bandwagon crusader were hoping that RR would be fired this season and that didn't happen as y'all though. You can it lucky or you call it miracle. . RR prove your ass wrong this season. 2018 he going prove everyone wrong once again. He didn't prove you right. He made you look like asses with all the hate. He made you his bitch by proving everything you said wrong. I could care less about ASU loss since that your strongest argument to go with. But at the end of day he still going to be roaming the sideline at Arizona.

The joke is on you and the Arizona fan base. Unfortunately. But hey. Merry Christmas.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

The joke is on you and the Arizona fan base. Unfortunately. But hey. Merry Christmas.
So basically you got nothing to say at all but to fall back on a stupid comment. The joke on you if you want to keep disliking the hell out RR. One day your going to realize that your full of shit.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

cordera89 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

So basically you got nothing to say at all but to fall back on a stupid comment. The joke on you if you want to keep disliking the hell out RR. One day your going to realize that your full of shit.

He's 24-30 in the conference. He's 4-14 against ASU, UCLA, and USC. That's unsatisfactory. It's year 6 and he shits the bed against a sorry ASU team with a coach they fired after the game. Are you even reading what you are typing?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

He made the same typo about this board. Twice. Calling it a "broad."

Does that answer your question chief?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catgrad97 wrote:He made the same typo about this board. Twice. Calling it a "broad."

Does that answer your question chief?

Gotcha. :lol:
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

1) UA was dominating the game before TAte left. And still may have won without a blown call by the refs.
2) The recruiting, play calling, qb and defense are all improving

RR deserves one more go. Has to win 9 or maybe 8 games or see ya

I do wonder though if Heeke's comments or lack there of mean something is on the line for the bowl though
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

The best argument you come up with is too brag how shitty his conference record and his record against three other schools to imply or convincing that Arizona should be dominating UCLA, USC & ASU every fucking year right. That Arizona should be winning the Division or PAC 12 Title on yearly basic right. Are you trying to say that Arizona is god in the PAC 12. Tell me when has history ever shown that Arizona football were remotely capable of achieve those aspects if like you to play dumb with that chief.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

cordera89 wrote:The best argument you come up with is too brag how shitty his conference record and his record against three other schools to imply or convincing that Arizona should be dominating UCLA, USC & ASU every fucking year right. That Arizona should be winning the Division or PAC 12 Title on yearly basic right. Are you trying to say that Arizona is god in the PAC 12. Tell me when has history ever shown that Arizona football were remotely capable of achieve those aspects if like you to play dumb with that chief.

There are no excuses. It’s year 6. If this were year 3 he would get a pass from me. He slept on recruiting.....tied GBs hands with an extension by playing possum with South Carolina. Comes back and fires his drinking buddy then hires a DC who is a complete yes guy. 3-9 in year 5 and gets his ass saved by Tate this season only because Dawkin’s gets hurt. The majority of Arizona fans have seen enough of this shit show to last them a life time. You know this too....you’re just trying to be difficult because you think it’s fun and passes your time. If mediocrity is your gig.....you sure found it with RR. But you know he’s garbage and it pains you. I’ll listen when you have something noteworthy to say.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

JessieWildcat: "Let's just settle for mediocrity since we are not elite".

No thanks, I have been waiting 35 years since I was a freshman,
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

cordera89 wrote:
UALoco wrote:Who attends the game because the coach? Stupidest thing I've heard. People attend games to see meaningful wins. Arizona was 3-1 this year at home in pac12 play. And the 1 loss was by by 6 points, one possession.

I'm an alumni, a whole bunch of my friends

are UA alumni, many of my co-workers are alumni. I am known to talk about Arizona football incessantly. I was in a focus group to help address attendance and we met at least 6 times and talked for hours about attendance issues. This is the only place I heard that attendance was lacking because of RR. I am starting to think that ASU has hacked this board and has stupid bots posting some of this RR hate garbage. I get being critical, but jeez, I'm over the haters. :roll:
Why would ASU fans want to come on an Arizona broad and cause problem.

Because the only hate I seen coming from this broad are Arizona Fan itself.
This is a really good point. We had a much better than expected season and things are looking up. Yet some of you seem overly pissed off.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Combine all the factors: bball scandal, team played better with Tate at QB, young players returning, expensive buyout, even how things are going with Herm Edwards at ASU. Rich Rod was a few more crushing losses away from a possible midseason firing, to now he gets to a situation where some discuss giving him an extension to help his recruiting efforts. Feels a bit Mike Stoopish situation to me a bit, an extension so close after a pretty significant string of PAC12 losing...wish coaches could just coach out a normal contract and renew for another 3 years if things look promising at that point. But that will always be used by others to recruit against a coach in that situation so there's no real win (plus coaches can be hired away too)
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

Things are looking up this team is going to be very good. I'm excited to see what this team will accomplish next season. You see a lot of doom and gloom on this board from chiefzona. He's a troll he likes to be the board agitator. If you haven't noticed he's on this board 24/7. Dude has no life he gets off on his hate for rich rod. He thinks he has some connections were he knows what the players think of coaches. Hell he even has connections that tell him heeke hates rich rod. Coach rod will keep proving the haters wrong. Stick around true fans this team is on its way to be very special
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Machina needs to tone down his socks.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Ummm people go to the games if they feel it's worth their time and investment. A lameduck coach is not worth a non-hardcore fan's time and investment. This is pretty damn universal and not rocket science. Hell I know RR lost a lot of hardcore fans (of the ones he had left) after the ASU debacle how do you think the non-hardcore fans view this regime? Whatever focus group you were in were obviously focused on every thing outside of producing a non-mediocre product, which is fine considering it's up to the AD to ensure that occurs and not a focus group who can only provide quality input on gameday festivities.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Ummm people go to the games if they feel it's worth their time and investment. A lameduck coach is not worth a non-hardcore fan's time and investment. This is pretty damn universal and not rocket science. Hell I know RR lost a lot of hardcore fans (of the ones he had left) after the ASU debacle how do you think the non-hardcore fans view this regime? Whatever focus group you were in were obviously focused on every thing outside of producing a non-mediocre product, which is fine considering it's up to the AD to ensure that occurs and not a focus group who can only provide quality input on gameday festivities.
That is fine and I get it but realize if you fall in this camp you hurt UA's chances of getting the best coach possible in many ways and the department wont care about what you have to say.

Oh and players as well.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

That is fine and I get it but realize if you fall in this camp you hurt UA's chances of getting the best coach possible in many ways and the department wont care about what you have to say.

Oh and players as well.
It's the department's job to make me (and any prospective customer) want to spend money on the product they put out on that field, you do understand that right? The department cares very much what any prospective customer has to say, especially when they're falling 15,000 short to filling the stadium every week, hence why I've stated numerous times if attendance continues to suffer then Heeke's hands are tied.

Why do you think Sean Miller has been given the lee way that he has been given by the AD during the current mess we're in? He wins and his program puts butts in the seats. RR doesn't win in games that people care about (conference games and ASU games) and he doesn't put butts in seats.

I can't stand the sanctimonious "our fans suck and it's their fault" line of thought. Arizona has the highest attendance in basketball, baseball, and softball in this conference. Quit blaming the fans for football. Sure they could be better, but it's not ALL their fault always.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This why Heeke was so upset with the ASSU loss. It made it much harder to shake the fans perception of RR and for them to buy tickets
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:This why Heeke was so upset with the ASSU loss. It made it much harder to shake the fans perception of RR and for them to buy tickets

Yet Heeke still gives him a pass at year 6. Heeke is his own worst enemy. When he shows some sack is when the fan base will turn around. Beer sales alone won’t do it.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Oh and players as well.
It's the department's job to make me (and any prospective customer) want to spend money on the product they put out on that field, you do understand that right? The department cares very much what any prospective customer has to say, especially when they're falling 15,000 short to filling the stadium every week, hence why I've stated numerous times if attendance continues to suffer then Heeke's hands are tied.

Why do you think Sean Miller has been given the lee way that he has been given by the AD during the current mess we're in? He wins and his program puts butts in the seats. RR doesn't win in games that people care about (conference games and ASU games) and he doesn't put butts in seats.

I can't stand the sanctimonious "our fans suck and it's their fault" line of thought. Arizona has the highest attendance in basketball, baseball, and softball in this conference. Quit blaming the fans for football. Sure they could be better, but it's not ALL their fault always.
Facts. Good coaches both head coaches and assistants require money. Coaches and players do not want to coach and play in front of empty seats. Fans in the stands solves both of those.

You make a point about the game day experience with prospective fans but no ad is gonna listen to people who don't contribute to the program about the coaches. Why would they listen to someone who won't help them out? Now if you and the haters made contributions and bought tickets contingent on firing RR then maybe.
Last edited by PHXCATS on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:This why Heeke was so upset with the ASSU loss. It made it much harder to shake the fans perception of RR and for them to buy tickets

Yet Heeke still gives him a pass at year 6. Heeke is his own worst enemy. When he shows some sack is when the fan base will turn around. Beer sales alone won’t do it.
So a proving you have a sack move is to ignore the fact that this are improving and expectations were shattered?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:

He's gotta pay for an indoor facility and doesn't have the donors to buy RR out. If RR didn't have Tate then Heeke's hands would've for sure been tied and he would've ate that buyout & shitcanned RR no question. He at least has a glimmer of a hope to obtain some revenue via Khalil Tate this next season and will have a smaller buyout. I'm not mad at Heeke's decision at all. From the looks of it he doesn't have to worry about any Pac-12 school firing their coach this offseason to get in the way of anybody he's targeting either.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Facts. Good coaches both head coaches and assistants require money. Coaches and players do not want to coach and play in front of empty seats. Fans in the stands solves both of those.

You make a point about the game day experience with prospective fans but no ad is gonna listen to people who don't contribute to the program about the coaches. Why would they listen to someone who won't help them out? Now if you and the haters made contributions and bought tickets contingent on firing RR then maybe.
Good lord man you are just dense. Obviously money is required for coaches and assistants, but do you think doing the same ol' damn thing and attracting merely 40K people in a 55K stadium every game is going to bring in said money to pay these coaches? If you stick with a coach the fanbase has already mentally given up on and moved on from how do you suggest you attract more people to games?

You're not an AD Machina, nor do you run a business I assume, so you literally know nothing about what or who an AD is going to listen to. While he certainly needs to keep his current customers happy he also needs to attract new customers and desperately. Those current customers are more likely to show up regardless, but those new customers or past customers in many cases need to be sold on something new otherwise their money will remain in their pockets. Take a god damn economics course bud. I'm not a hater, I just understand the fanbase (both the diehards and the here and there fans). This isn't complicated and you're just being dense for the sake of it because you think your fandom ranks higher than others. It's quite pathetic honestly.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

whatisee wrote:COY for Rich Rod and !st team all PAC12 D for Lorenzo Burns. Pretty nice snd i imagine not the first award RR will win for this year
Actually I am pretty sure it IS the FIRST award RR will win for the year. Impressive group he has on his bandwagon, though. MAGA!

And it is a travesty that Graham did not win that award. He season, as well as his career, significantly outperformed RR by every metric possible.

But he got fired. Had he not, he definitely would have won that honor.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:COY won't bring the fans back into the stands.
CalStateTempe wrote:Sweet maybe he moves on
I imagine RichRod's agent is quite busy making calls.
This is not accurate at all. There is no chance RR is reaching out to other teams. PERIOD
Only because he needs to stick around for another 32 days to get a guaranteed ~$3.5MM payday.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:COY won't bring the fans back into the stands.
CalStateTempe wrote:Sweet maybe he moves on
I imagine RichRod's agent is quite busy making calls.
This is not accurate at all. There is no chance RR is reaching out to other teams. PERIOD
He's done it before after a successful season, and if the Gamecocks would have offered him a raise he would have been gone.
There is NO CHANCE he is right now. PERIOD. With his performance in 2016 and his family, ZERO CHANCE. Get over your hate for him or start hating Miller also.
Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

I have decimated your unjustified barbs at Miller, and your inane comparisons of him to RR on several occasions. Yet you have never responded to a single one with any response (with one exception, clarifying a point that had ZERO bearing on the overall argument), let alone a cogent one based on facts and critical reasoning. I am quite certain that is because you don't heave either to rely upon.

Miller and Rodriguez do not compare IN ANY REGARD. Nada. They represent opposite ends of the spectrum.

You are a sniveling apologist who feels compelled to defend the underperformers because you relate to them. And you resent those that separate themselves from the crowd because it is a group to which you will never belong. Go see a therapist...

Let the smart kids discuss this one while you imagine riding bicycles down the boardwalk with Rich & Rita. You'll probably need to shave your palms the next morning...
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:1) UA was dominating the game before TAte left. And still may have won without a blown call by the refs.
2) The recruiting, play calling, qb and defense are all improving

RR deserves one more go. Has to win 9 or maybe 8 games or see ya

I do wonder though if Heeke's comments or lack there of mean something is on the line for the bowl though
Still can't get over a (close, but) correct call that you imagine was blown in a game we lost by 2 scores?

Losers blame refs. I've seen others post that before...
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Oh and players as well.

Dude, Honestly is there anything you have actual knowledge of and streets smarts about? Like maybe how to play the tuba?

Your lack of business acumen is as comical as your sports takes. You are a prisoner to your emotions and resentment for the over-achievers.

Go ask ANY large, mature business who they listen to and try to cater to.... existing customers or the ones they are trying to convert. Go to a Cox store and ask to see their different pricing plans...
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Again...how has machina not been banned
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Don't worry, Harvey, he's posting on the Net Neutrality thread and showing how naive he is about politics as well.

Not that the consistency is much of a surprise. You just wouldn't actually want to BE, say, on the Titanic with someone who has to wait until it's sunk under the Atlantic to figure out if it hit an iceberg or not.

This is how Arizona football always finds ways to hold itself back. Our fanbase has elements that allows it to retard itself. Good is not good fast enough, and bad is somehow a good performance, worthy of infinite patience.

(Don't get all offended, I'm using the dictionary root of retardant. I wouldn't want to insult the truly developmentally disabled by confusing their often-amazing utilization of their limited gifts with the empty-headed optimism of the remaining rah-rahs in Rich Rod's corner. Keep aiming low, fellas...you'll never cease to hit your mark.)
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

What other Power 5 coach is at the end of year 6 and has a 24-30 conference record and is still employed? Todd Graham, who was fired, had a 31-23 conference record after 6 seasons at ASU. Arizona is setting a dangerous and embarrassing precedent. Heeke is weakie and so is the fan base. Sack up Arizona. You’re better than this.
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

Chiefzona do you ever sleep? All your post are the same but guess what coach rod is still here. He isn't going anywhere and this team is going to be real good. All the bitching you do is not changing anything. Yes we know it's yr 6 you think he's horrible you're smarter we got it!!
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Don't think many would want anything to do with what ASU is doing, and Herm Edwards. Most of my ASU friends think it was a mistake to fire Graham, and wish the AD was gone instead.
If Tate and the team hadn't had the run they had, RR certainly would have been shown the door but think it's very short sided not to have seen substantial improvement from last year. With return of Friekh, I think their offense could be as good as this year, if not better and defense should improve.
Short of 9 wins and a win against ASU, RR will likely be gone as expectations will rightfully be much higher than this year. JMHO.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

catgrad97 wrote:Don't worry, Harvey, he's posting on the Net Neutrality thread and showing how naive he is about politics as well.

Not that the consistency is much of a surprise. You just wouldn't actually want to BE, say, on the Titanic with someone who has to wait until it's sunk under the Atlantic to figure out if it hit an iceberg or not.

This is how Arizona football always finds ways to hold itself back. Our fanbase has elements that allows it to retard itself. Good is not good fast enough, and bad is somehow a good performance, worthy of infinite patience.

(Don't get all offended, I'm using the dictionary root of retardant. I wouldn't want to insult the truly developmentally disabled by confusing their often-amazing utilization of their limited gifts with the empty-headed optimism of the remaining rah-rahs in Rich Rod's corner. Keep aiming low, fellas...you'll never cease to hit your mark.)
Bravo sir
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ramcat wrote:Don't think many would want anything to do with what ASU is doing, and Herm Edwards. Most of my ASU friends think it was a mistake to fire Graham, and wish the AD was gone instead.
If Tate and the team hadn't had the run they had, RR certainly would have been shown the door but think it's very short sided not to have seen substantial improvement from last year. With return of Friekh, I think their offense could be as good as this year, if not better and defense should improve.
Short of 9 wins and a win against ASU, RR will likely be gone as expectations will rightfully be much higher than this year. JMHO.
Perfectly stated