Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: Coach Rod

Post by chiefzona »

UALoco wrote:
chiefzona wrote:I'm a believer......In Arizona's next coach.
Sure, I'm sure our next coach will be the one to lead us to the promised land, the Rose Bowl.

Heeke thinks so.
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

Ban me for what? Chief is on here bashing everything rrod and his coach staff. Yes i agree some mistakes have been made but they're trying to fix them. You rrod haters are ridiculous but you guys are miserable negative people. Everything is not negative if you can't see the good this coaching staff is making then ban me. I'm tired of reading all the bullshit from guys like chief that knocks everything rrod and staff are trying to accomplish
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

:lol:
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

You definitely have to be one of the older poster's socks. And again it is hard to see what RRod is trying to accomplish when he was totally checked out going into this season. He just happened to have to start Tate due to Dawk being injured and stumbled into 7 wins.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:Ban me for what? Chief is on here bashing everything rrod and his coach staff. Yes i agree some mistakes have been made but they're trying to fix them. You rrod haters are ridiculous but you guys are miserable negative people. Everything is not negative if you can't see the good this coaching staff is making then ban me. I'm tired of reading all the bullshit from guys like chief that knocks everything rrod and staff are trying to accomplish
Amen brother. Merry Christmas.

7 wins a year isnt good enough but after RR brought UA to a NY6 bowl he bought equity for 2015 and 2016 to me, although I really really really wanted PJ Fleck to Coach U of A.

But after that RR got one more year and
Improved QB Play (the only because Dawkins got hurt is total BS, lots of other guys only played due to injury, and look at Basketball, does U of A have the same success as Miller has had if Floyd does not leave USC and U of A Brings in Hill and MoMo and Williams?)
Improved play calling
Improved defense
Improved recuriting
Utilization of the TE

What more could anyone want that is realistic? If Tate doesnt get hurt U of A most likely wins 8 games. You want to fire a guy because a bad call went against him and a player got hurt when the game was in total control pre injury? (oh and for my follower, the PAC-12 admitted the call was wrong)

He bought another year and this year has much higher expectations. Expectations he must meet or exceed to be the coach in 2019.

And if you make a change today who do you bring in now? All the guys you would likely consider have signed extension this year. Doesnt mean they cant go but it makes it tougher than next season on top of new names that will come up.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I doubt anyone could argue with the logic that if Dawkins would have stayed as a starter RR would be gone. I also think most would say he did get some gems in last years class that can help the cats going into next year and 9 wins is reasonable to project.

What is impossible to know is how the fan base will react to the probable co favorite projections in the south and if they will be enticed by an attractive schedule of teams coming in. The general consensus is they don't believe in RR and that he does not care about AZ. I get a lot of Rich Fraud comments from the guys I gate with. His flirting with other programs really hurt him along with how he approaches the ASSU game
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Despite what the trolls say, I don't think RR is God. If we were going to fire him, we should have done it after last year. That window came and went. The team produced this year and is improving. Firing RR right now would be crazy. Not sure why some are alluding to Heeke firing him. If he does, Heeke better have a blue chip coach lined up cause the season ticket holders I know won't like it one bit.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

UALoco wrote:Despite what the trolls say, I don't think RR is God. If we were going to fire him, we should have done it after last year. That window came and went. The team produced this year and is improving. Firing RR right now would be crazy. Not sure why some are alluding to Heeke firing him. If he does, Heeke better have a blue chip coach lined up cause the season ticket holders I know won't like it one bit.
Don't know of anyone advocating for firing RR right now? Is that what you're confused about? Well let me clear it up for you, most people don't think he will be Arizona's coach after next season for one reason or another and every one is more than aware that he is our coach next season.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:Ban me for what? Chief is on here bashing everything rrod and his coach staff. Yes i agree some mistakes have been made but they're trying to fix them. You rrod haters are ridiculous but you guys are miserable negative people. Everything is not negative if you can't see the good this coaching staff is making then ban me. I'm tired of reading all the bullshit from guys like chief that knocks everything rrod and staff are trying to accomplish
Alpha don't let them dictate what you can said instead of what you can't said. It evidence that they all haters and they wont admit too it no matter what RR does next season or beyond that. They believe Arizona is fucking god in the PAC 12 that they can complete for Division & conference title on year basic and recruit at high level like all the powerhouse team are when history doesn't show it. Chief is nothing but all talk but can't back up it no matter what he said. This season almost everyone on this broad was guaranteeing RR was going to get fired but it didn't happen they way they thought. know they want to make up ridiculous claim finding other way to discuss on how RR would get fired. 2017 was a good year. Your not getting ban on what you said.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Fight the power Alpha. Stand your ground and say what you believe. That’s what I do yet I’m always harrassed and threatened to be silent. I continue on my friend.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I’m just waiting for the “We have a three way qb competition between Tate, dawkins, and Jr.” this next spring and fall! Nothing like splitting starting reps between 3-4 QBs to get little/no improvement. If RR doesn’t make this type of statement, I will jump on RR wins PAC-12 in 2018 bandwagon with glee.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Sid

Post by Sid »

OSUCat wrote:I’m just waiting for the “We have a three way qb competition between Tate, dawkins, and Jr.” this next spring and fall! Nothing like splitting starting reps between 3-4 QBs to get little/no improvement. If RR doesn’t make this type of statement, I will jump on RR wins PAC-12 in 2018 bandwagon with glee.
Lol. Don’t think we have to worry about that. I’m more worried about Purdue and more importantly the defense shutting down Tate. That happens and we will be lucky to even qualify for a bowl next season imho unless the Tate camp finds a miracle worker in the offseason to hone his craft.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:Fight the power Alpha. Stand your ground and say what you believe. That’s what I do yet I’m always harrassed and threatened to be silent. I continue on my friend.
Chief, I would never ever want to see you silenced or banned. My God man, you're the most entertaining person on here. I was looking on here the other day and I realized something. You are absolutely fucking brilliant. I don't know if you did it by design or accident but you have put yourself into a no lose situation. You have bemoaned and belittled every aspect of this program under RR. I mean everything. I even remember some less than tactful innuendo about his wife. You have every base covered. Now when RR does leave and eventually he will because all coaches do. It doesn't matter what reason. You're covered and you can come back and say.....see I told you so. Please continue on, you entertain the heck out of me. LOL.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Fight the power Alpha. Stand your ground and say what you believe. That’s what I do yet I’m always harrassed and threatened to be silent. I continue on my friend.
Chief, I would never ever want to see you silenced or banned. My God man, you're the most entertaining person on here. I was looking on here the other day and I realized something. You are absolutely fucking brilliant. I don't know if you did it by design or accident but you have put yourself into a no lose situation. You have bemoaned and belittled every aspect of this program under RR. I mean everything. I even remember some less than tactful innuendo about his wife. You have every base covered. Now when RR does leave and eventually he will because all coaches do. It doesn't matter what reason. You're covered and you can come back and say.....see I told you so. Please continue on, you entertain the heck out of me. LOL.
I wish we had metrics on this but it seems to me that he was awfully quiet when Tate rattled off 4 P12 wins in a row.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

tgrumpy2 wrote:

I don’t think I’ve mentioned Rita in a negative light. Other than she makes the decisions on his jobs and her nachos. I’ll never say I told you so on RR. Even his greatest backers know his weaknesses.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UALoco wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
I wish we had metrics on this but it seems to me that he was awfully quiet when Tate rattled off 4 P12 wins in a row.
I’m on here every once in awhile and almost always on Twitter. I’m not much of a message board guy anymore and when RR leaves I will probably follow suit on the board. I enjoy Twitter a lot more. Tate rattling off 4 wins made RR look even dumber than he has ever looked. I loved it.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
UALoco wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
I’m on here every once in awhile and almost always on Twitter. I’m not much of a message board guy anymore and when RR leaves I will probably follow suit on the board. I enjoy Twitter a lot more. Tate rattling off 4 wins made RR look even dumber than he has ever looked. I loved it.
Tom Brady make Bill Belichick look dumb every day?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
UALoco wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
Dawkins is no Bledsoe. He’s trash and should have never even got a snap over Tate. Rod Smith told RR to start Tate and Mr. I’ll Go Down With the Ship couldn’t even see it. The QB guru himself. Haha.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

I don’t think I’ve mentioned Rita in a negative light. Other than she makes the decisions on his jobs and her nachos. I’ll never say I told you so on RR. Even his greatest backers know his weaknesses.

I'm writing this down Chief. "No I told you so's from Chief". Now tell us when will RR be gone? In two weeks, next year, the year after? You put it out there now put your money where your mouth is.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Next year. He is banking on poor fan attendance more than anything else
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

I'm writing this down Chief. "No I told you so's from Chief". Now tell us when will RR be gone? In two weeks, next year, the year after? You put it out there now put your money where your mouth is.
Like you said.....eventually he will leave. All coaches do.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

azcat49 wrote:Next year. He is banking on poor fan attendance more than anything else
Attendance was always my reasoning. I don't think El Jefe here is as honed into that as I am for RR's eventual end.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Next year. He is banking on poor fan attendance more than anything else
Attendance was always my reasoning. I don't think El Jefe here is as honed into that as I am for RR's eventual end.

Oh I don't think El Jefe is honed in on much of anything except his personal grudge against RR and I do think its something personal. That's why I find him so entertaining. I think he's a hoot.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:

I say it a lot on Twitter. Other than sleeping on recruiting and surrounding himself with yes men....attendance is the killer and it is imperative for Heeke so that he can complete his projects.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well he hits twitter to drive perception down and motivate people to not support the program. The very definition of a program cancer but hey, its a free country.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

chiefzona wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

I say it a lot on Twitter. Other than sleeping on recruiting and surrounding himself with yes men....attendance is the killer and it is imperative for Heeke so that he can complete his projects.
You mean like recruiting three freshman All Americans?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

carcassdragger wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

You mean like recruiting three freshman All Americans?
Are people buying tickets to see those freshmen?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If the fans aren't coming to see the most exciting QB in football during November, then no.
carcassdragger wrote: You mean like recruiting three freshman All Americans?
Who were all 3 stars, and only 1 with a decent offer list.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:If the fans aren't coming to see the most exciting QB in football during November, then no.
carcassdragger wrote: You mean like recruiting three freshman All Americans?
Who were all 3 stars, and only 1 with a decent offer list.
Who fing cares what their offer list was if they play well
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote: Who fing cares what their offer list was if they play well
Because the Cats weren't winning any recruiting battles against Bama, USC and so on.

Cats beat out Idaho and Hawaii for Wilburn.

Cats beat out a bunch of WAC schools for Schooler.

Tony Fields II did have some nice offers from other PAC schools, but no elites.

Scottie Young JR had offers from WSU and CU in the PAC, but mostly WAC schools.

Tate had no other offers at QB.

All 3 stars.

Either RichRod is very good at finding diamonds in the rough, or he just be lucky.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

If you want to win, it's always better to start with 4 and 5 stars than to only get wac level 2 and 3 stars and hope they play above their level
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:If you want to win, it's always better to start with 4 and 5 stars than to only get wac level 2 and 3 stars and hope they play above their level
True but what are you doing to help get more 4 and 5 star guys?

Everyone says recruit better but it is hard to recruit here. Gotta have more fans to inspire the 4 star guys to come. And to build the facilities.

So how can RR do better without the help? You think he doesn't try as hard as he can?
Last edited by PHXCATS on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:If you want to win, it's always better to start with 4 and 5 stars than to only get wac level 2 and 3 stars and hope they play above their level
Yeah Hater what are you doing to help Rich Rodriguez do something he's been completely incapable of doing at Arizona for 6 years now? Don't you know you're equally as responsible for recruiting football talent as the head coach is although you're paid $2 million plus less than he is?! How can we expect a coach to do a job he's paid ridiculous amounts of money to do without your help?

You shit fan you.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Even Wazzu can get 2 4 stars players. https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... ll/Commits" target="_blank
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:

Everyone says recruit better but it is hard to recruit here. Gotta have more fans to inspire the 4 star guys to come. And to build the facilities.

So how can RR do better without the help? You think he doesn't try as hard as he can?
We have new good facilities. RR is just a shit recruiter.

Your posts are getting dumber.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Our facilities are bottom of the PAC now.

Only one without an indoor facility.

All recruits want to play in front of empty stadiums right?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:Even Wazzu can get 2 4 stars players. https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... ll/Commits" target="_blank
Wazzu doesn't play with half their seats empty
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Like Ware and Cobb?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
UALoco wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
You are like Rainman without the savant part... regurgitating the same bullshit weak arguments.

Brady was a 2nd year QB backing up a guy who played in multiple pro bowls over his career.

Drew Bledsoe did not suck, Dawkins does. And BB was not in a position where his team was shit and he needed to win to keep his job.

You might start taking up logic puzzles as a hobby. It certainly could not hurt...
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:

A: Suggesting that we get a coach who is a cpable recruiter.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:Even Wazzu can get 2 4 stars players. https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... ll/Commits" target="_blank
Wazzu's stadium holds 35,000 people and it only started being filled recently because they have a really good head coach.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

lmfao. fans have to "inspire" 4 star recruits to come here. i can't even get through that sentence without guffawing. holy shit man.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Look, there's truth on both sides, this is not a black & white issue. Better fan support ($$, facilities, attractiveness to recruits, better staff, etc) will help lead to better performance on the field. Better performance on the field will lead to better fan support. If we can't all agree to that, there is no hope and we should just stop posting on the subject altogether. I think the rub lies in that, as fans, there is only one side where WE can make a difference. That is what PHXCATS and I agree on.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Wazzu's stadium holds 35,000 people and it only started being filled recently because they have a really good head coach.
And in fairness when hired, I thought we had a really good coach too.

But time has shown that it was looked at as semi retirement with his drinking buddies.

The record since then shows what it is, our coach and his recruiting isn't that good, especially compare to leach who inherited a worse situation.

As the late great tom petty sang, after next season if attendance still sucks "it's time to move on, it's time to get going, what lies ahead I have no way of knowing, but under my feet babe, grass is growing, it's time to move on, it's time to get going..."
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I get why good WR's and pro-style QB's would pick WSU. Leach is going to put you in a position to rack up some insane numbers if you're good.

We got a class that is entirely based in development. 3 stars can go well or it can backfire.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Well he hits twitter to drive perception down and motivate people to not support the program. The very definition of a program cancer but hey, its a free country.

Drive perception down? RR does that him to himself. RR motivates people to not support his program. Most are tired of it already.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Well he hits twitter to drive perception down and motivate people to not support the program. The very definition of a program cancer but hey, its a free country.

Drive perception down? RR does that him to himself. RR motivates people to not support his program. Most are tired of it already.
I'd say most are tired of your tired and constant denigrating posts already.
jimson

Post by jimson »

chiefzona wrote:
I’m not much of a message board guy anymore and when RR leaves I will probably follow suit on the board.
Oh man, that prospect alone almost makes me support RR's immediate firing. Any chance you can take the twins with you?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

carcassdragger wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

I'd say most are tired of your tired and constant denigrating posts already.
He is a wash, rinse, repeat sort of guy with his posts. I've found that the trick to dealing with Chief's posts is knowing what sort of post its going to be so just read it and have a good laugh.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I honestly don't give this board my 100% at all. Reason being is that it has been brought to my attention multiple times that pundits and people with clout have been using this board to monitor me and parrot or pass on some things that I have posted here. Since then, I completely water down my posts here. I give my all on Twitter and am more comfortable on there. So, I probably won't be on here for much longer. I'm tired of my info being used as a basis for some of their content. So, I apologize to all of you on this board for not giving 100%. I'm intense, and very passionate about football. It's a large part of my life and always has been. I was raised by a football coach and mentored by high profile coaches and football people. I love attention to detail and hate mediocrity. RR has failed in many things in which I find important in a coach. He hasn't taken the job seriously and in my opinion has taken a salary in which he doesn't earn. That's the travesty here in my eyes. I don't trust him nor respect him. There you have it. If I don't see or hear from any of you before Christmas, let me just say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each and every one of you. Even to you, Cordy. Peace.