splitsecond

Re: Coach Rod

Post by splitsecond »

azgreg wrote:Waiting for Chief to come in and say "I knew 2 weeks ago."
A much needed laugh, thank you.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

That went very quickly! Wow. It will be interesting to find out more.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Lets get that Hot Board running!
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

Arizona is the perfect place for any capable coach to prove his vision. It seems some say it is hard to recruit to UA, but that is untrue. When the recruit comes to Tucson they fall in love. Believe me, UA shows well compared to other major schools. Jalen Tabor. Also true that California schools are attractive competition.

Bring in someone who will better manage as coach AND CEO of these multi-million $ resources of the state of Arizona. Old film flam was lazy, it is out, new film flam in.
prh

Post by prh »

Lane Kiffin's buyout in his initial contract was 2.5m, decreasing by 500k every year. I doubt his extension drastically changed the buyout amount, or he would have never signed it.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Cant believe it finally happened
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Ding dong the witch is dead. Hoorayyyyy
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Kiss Khalil Tate goodbye, he will be at Oregon in no time.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Official
Arizona announced it has parted ways with football coach Rich Rodriugez. “After conducting a thorough evaluation of our football program and its leadership, both on and off the field, President Robbins and I feel it is in the best interest of the University of Arizona and our athletics department to go in a new direction,” Athletic director Dave Heeke said in a statement.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Does he still get the retention bonus in March?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

splitsecond wrote:Kiss Khalil Tate goodbye, he will be at Oregon in no time.
:lol:
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Why Oregon?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Proof? He's probably far more likely to stay without the disaster that RR is as a coach being here.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RR coaching with a lawsuit claiming he promoted a hostile work environment hanging over his head is somehow better?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

MrBug708 wrote:
Why Oregon?
Because that would piss me off the most. No real reason other than that.
prh

Post by prh »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Proof? He's probably far more likely to stay without the disaster that RR is as a coach being here.
And 95% chance of being healthier in another coach's offense. Plenty of offenses can take advantage of his talents while keeping him on the field.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Chicat wrote:
RR coaching with a lawsuit claiming he promoted a hostile work environment hanging over his head is somehow better?
So what you are saying is any accusations proven or otherwise are enough reason to fire someone? Not that I am surprised that someone with your "progressive" mindset believes this...
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

More on the sexual harrassment stuff.
3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
3rdand25 wrote:This isn't any way to go out. I cringe thinking about the possibilities regarding the next "I'm a victim" book, demonizing the U of A. Can't think of any good titles
So the topic of sexual misconduct comes up and your first inclination is to blame the potential victim and smear them that they're looking for a book deal and money.

Shit like this is why we can't have nice things.
LIghten up Francis, it was referring to Rich's 3 and out book. I'm sure he has John U Bacon on speeddial tonight.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

ASUHATER! wrote:
No proof, but I have zero confidence in the school making a decent hire this late into the game. This feels like Tim Floyd all over again to me as far as the abrupt manner in which it is happening.
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Agree. My view, Rodriguez did not let Tate be Tate. It wasn't the defenses against us getting better, it was the coach trying to own what he didn't understand because he is hard headed. Hopefully the new coach puts more trust in the talent to perform. I hope some coaches remain. Maybe not Knorr.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

splitsecond wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
No proof, but I have zero confidence in the school making a decent hire this late into the game. This feels like Tim Floyd all over again to me as far as the abrupt manner in which it is happening.
Literally anything is better than keeping RR as coach. Having a wet towel in a corner of the locker room is better (and probably would be a better recruiter). There's almost no downside to this move.

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I can't process this
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Gilbertcat wrote:I can't process this
Jack and Coke helps.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:I can't process this
Jack and Coke helps.

:lol:
-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Well that escalated quickly. Wait and see mode I guess. Cracking 1 and then 2!
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

ASUHATER! wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Literally anything is better than keeping RR as coach. Having a wet towel in a corner of the locker room is better (and probably would be a better recruiter). There's almost no downside to this move.
I am well aware of, and appreciate your position on RichRod. Some weeks I agree, some I don't. I just have an issue with the way this is going down more than the fact that he was fired. Hell if he was fired right after the bowl game or after the ASU game (when he should have been if they were going to do it), it wouldn't be a big deal. My concern is that players may feel the school did him dirty and bail, moreover, our once in a generation QB will feel the school did him dirty and bail.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

splitsecond wrote:
Chicat wrote:
So what you are saying is any accusations proven or otherwise are enough reason to fire someone? Not that I am surprised that someone with your "progressive" mindset believes this...
Leave the politics on the politics board.

What I’m saying is what I said. A lame duck coach with a sexual harassment lawsuit pending against him isn’t a recipe for long term success. It’s not like he was lighting the world on fire on the field or on the recruiting trail, so outside of your anger that being accused of sexual misconduct could get someone fired, why exactly should Arizona keep RichRod?
prh

Post by prh »

If the athletic department pumps money into a Heisman campaign for Tate going into next year, I think he will probably be ok
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

FlyonWall wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Agree. My view, Rodriguez did not let Tate be Tate. It wasn't the defenses against us getting better, it was the coach trying to own what he didn't understand because he is hard headed. Hopefully the new coach puts more trust in the talent to perform. I hope some coaches remain. Maybe not Knorr.
I truly hope you are both right, but I am already in football mourning so I am a bit sensitive to these things. Arizona sports teams can't have nice things ever. It gets to be a drain.
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

Is there any news on who gets Rhett?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Chicat wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
Chicat wrote:

What I’m saying is what I said. A lame duck coach with a sexual harassment lawsuit pending against him isn’t a recipe for long term success. It’s not like he was lighting the world on fire on the field or on the recruiting trail, so outside of your anger that being accused of sexual misconduct could get someone fired, why exactly should Arizona keep RichRod?
I am not saying they should keep him, I am saying the way he is being fired is the issue. I wanted him fired after the ASU game if they were going to pick a time to fire him. I think most people agree on that right?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
Chicat wrote:

The fact of the matter is if Rich Rod put out a product the fans showed up for Arizona would stick by him since their investigation showed there wasn't much to this woman's claims and would stick with him until/unless something new came to light i.e. the same exact situation they are in with Sean Miller, a coach who fans show up to see his product.

This is a combination of a shitty end to the season, a shitty year prior, awful attendance, and a sexual harassment claim floating over the entire AD's head. It wasn't worth the headache like Sean Miller is in regards to the FBI stuff.

ChiCat is absolutely right.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

FlyonWall wrote:Is there any news on who gets Rhett?
I mean usually the mother gets majority custody, but that's up to Pima County to sort out. :lol:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
FlyonWall wrote:Is there any news on who gets Rhett?
I mean usually the mother gets majority custody, but that's up to Pima County to sort out. :lol:

Maybe Scurran will go coach a D2 team somewhere and take him.
-JB
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Just wow. On to the next one.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UALoco wrote:Just wow. On to the next one.
3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

splitsecond wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
I am well aware of, and appreciate your position on RichRod. Some weeks I agree, some I don't. I just have an issue with the way this is going down more than the fact that he was fired. Hell if he was fired right after the bowl game or after the ASU game (when he should have been if they were going to do it), it wouldn't be a big deal. My concern is that players may feel the school did him dirty and bail, moreover, our once in a generation QB will feel the school did him dirty and bail.
You mean like how Rich Rod was "done dirty" at Michigan? LOL. Not a great hire by a now departed AD (considered St. Byrne by some). Heeke for President. He's doing the right thing for the right reasons, at the right time.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

splitsecond wrote:I am not saying they should keep him, I am saying the way he is being fired is the issue. I wanted him fired after the ASU game if they were going to pick a time to fire him. I think most people agree on that right?
If you’re saying he shouldn’t be fired ..... then you’re saying Arizona should keep him. Or would it make you feel better if they said they were going to send him to a farm upstate? :lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UAEebs86 wrote:Boy, Byrne managed to get out just in time and dump everything on Heeke. The track coach, Book, and now this.
Byrne is a very good politician.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Nah hire sumlin done deal
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

prh wrote:If the athletic department pumps money into a Heisman campaign for Tate going into next year, I think he will probably be ok
This
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Don't mind firing him for wins and losses. I actually wanted a new coach after 1-4 and ASU and Purdue.

What I do mind: Dragging his name after an unsubstantiated claim. Making this claim the cop out. Supposedly deciding to fire before the bowl, letting recruits sign, and then firing him.

They better give every recruit the right to break the LOI.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

And me without any beer :oops:

Peace out coach.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Everyone knows who the claim is coming from. It is bullshit. It is just a case of employee not liking their boss. They won't even provide evidence.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

IM SO FUCKInG happy I could run through walls!!!

I feel like we just won a high level bowl game!!!!!!!

Best case scenario!! He’s out very well for cause and we get a new coach with some major talent on board!!’n

Best case scenario. Forget Byrne, heekes a super ninja.