Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

btfd16

Re: Coach Rod

Post by btfd16 »

Harvey Specter wrote:I have thought he was a self-absorbed and narcissistic piece of shit since the day he was hired - the signs were omnipresent & obvious. I never imagined he was this much of a fucking degenerate. But it's classic predatory behavior... put on a nice smiling face for the general public and only control those who are in a position where financially you think $300 and threat of losing their job are a stranglehold on your ability to control them.

I find it very hard to believe she's making all this stuff up.

As for the "innocent until proven guilty crowd, that is true. But do not act like this is a "whistleblower" vindictive move on her part when she apparently requested a transfer which was denied and she then quit. We'll see if she can produce sext messages & other alleged evidence in her claims. And just wait until Rita and the ex-girlfriend get called to the stand.

As for btfd who cannot stand her.... I met the woman. I thought she carried a bit of a distant aloofness that appeared to be "I'm too good for you". If that's the source of your distaste.... think about how you would want your sister or daughter to comport themselves in a setting like a College FB program. Being too approachable or "chummy" is just BEGGING for a whole lot of uncomfortable situations.

See you later, Motherfucker. Hand her over your buyout, let Rita keep the house in Tucson, and head back to live with the Hillbilly Neanderthals from whence you came.
Not my source of distaste. Congrats on meeting her once.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Also, I will try to find the video, but RR had a 45 minute conversation at dinner with Zach the night of.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

btfd16 wrote:Another inaccuracy is saying she got a sideline pass for the girlfriend in 2015 in Tucson. We did not play USC in Tucson in 2015.

We played at USC on Saturday, Nov. 7th 2015. Is is possible it was for a pass at the Coliseum?

Elsewhere in the complaint RR has his mistress in a hotel room during "recruiting" in California (San Diego).
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

btfd16 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:I have thought he was a self-absorbed and narcissistic piece of shit since the day he was hired - the signs were omnipresent & obvious. I never imagined he was this much of a fucking degenerate. But it's classic predatory behavior... put on a nice smiling face for the general public and only control those who are in a position where financially you think $300 and threat of losing their job are a stranglehold on your ability to control them.

As for the "innocent until proven guilty crowd, that is true. But do not act like this is a "whistleblower" vindictive move on her part when she apparently requested a transfer which was denied and she then quit. We'll see if she can produce sext messages & other alleged evidence in her claims. And just wait until Rita and the ex-girlfriend get called to the stand.

As for btfd who cannot stand her.... I met the woman. I thought she carried a bit of a distant aloofness that appeared to be "I'm too good for you". If that's the source of your distaste.... think about how you would want your sister or daughter to comport themselves in a setting like a College FB program. Being too approachable or "chummy" is just BEGGING for a whole lot of uncomfortable situations.

See you later, Motherfucker. Hand her over your buyout, let Rita keep the house in Tucson, and head back to live with the Hillbilly Neanderthals from whence you came.
2 can play that game. Sorry that you were mesmerized as a college kid in the presence (probably for the first time) of a nationally famous, rich & powerful man. Must have been intoxicating when he said Hi to you in the hallway and remembered your name...

I know a couple people in the department with just a few more years under their belts who thought he was a narcissistic egomaniac from the day he was hired. So there's that...
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

2 can play that game. Sorry that you were mesmerized as a college kid in the presence (probably for the first time) of a nationally famous, rich & powerful man. Must have been intoxicating when he said Hi to you in the hallway and remembered your name...

I know a couple people in the department with just a few more years under their belts who thought he was a narcissistic egomaniac from the day he was hired. So there's that...
So you are admitting that I knew both personally? And yours is just one meeting and word of mouth? Just making sure that's what I am hearing.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

UAEebs86 wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:Guys, you keep posting links and this stupid internet system I'm on blocks the links. Can any of you post or copy and paste the notice of claim or some of the other articles about what was going on inside the program?

Thanks.

Can you get to this?:

I got it. Thanks brother.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:Well I have to give Chief his due. He finally threw something against the wall and it stuck. Good for you Chief. Now are you going to be a man of your word and leave this site or continue to entertain me? Now we get to start over. A new coach and then the old wait and see if he works out stuff. Oh gosh I can hardly wait. If RR did what he's been accused of and all the other little tidbits we're hearing are true then yea he should go. The question now remains, why did our not so courageous AD not fire him earlier? All of this was already known. Why didn't he do it after the turd of a losing season we had last year and then wait until this outside group conducting an investigation say the charges against him are unsubstantiated and then he goes out and has a winning season? I think its obvious Heeke wanted him gone. I guess he was looking for another excuse so he wouldn't appear to be a total tool like our counterpart up the road in Tempe. So who do we hire now? A coordinator from the P12 or SEC or Big10 or a warmed over head coach from the WAC or the Mountain West? By the way, I do believe Matt Scott has a point. He didn't compare RR to Miller as coaches, he was simply saying Miller shouldn't be tweeting things about reaffirming values when his own basketball program has been shown to be not so value oriented lately. Players under him were paid by an outside entity and an assistant coach was fired and charged with a felony and now try to convince me Miller had no knowledge of it. LOL. Anyway, things over the next few weeks will not be boring. The King is dead, long live the King. whoever it turns out to be.
New winner for worst post in this current saga, congrats.

Ahhhh did I hurt your feelings? Poor baby. I don't know if this is true but I read RR was fired by email. The chicken shit AD didn't even have the guts to face him to fire him. LOL
prh

Post by prh »

Is RR even in Tucson right now? There's no need for Heeke to fly to where RR is or fly him back just to fire him. Firing (incl. laying off) people is always difficult, awkward, and everybody involved really just wants to move on. I have no issues with firing via email. Maybe Heeke called and RR didn't want to pick it up. Who knows.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:Well I have to give Chief his due. He finally threw something against the wall and it stuck. Good for you Chief. Now are you going to be a man of your word and leave this site or continue to entertain me? Now we get to start over. A new coach and then the old wait and see if he works out stuff. Oh gosh I can hardly wait. If RR did what he's been accused of and all the other little tidbits we're hearing are true then yea he should go. The question now remains, why did our not so courageous AD not fire him earlier? All of this was already known. Why didn't he do it after the turd of a losing season we had last year and then wait until this outside group conducting an investigation say the charges against him are unsubstantiated and then he goes out and has a winning season? I think its obvious Heeke wanted him gone. I guess he was looking for another excuse so he wouldn't appear to be a total tool like our counterpart up the road in Tempe. So who do we hire now? A coordinator from the P12 or SEC or Big10 or a warmed over head coach from the WAC or the Mountain West? By the way, I do believe Matt Scott has a point. He didn't compare RR to Miller as coaches, he was simply saying Miller shouldn't be tweeting things about reaffirming values when his own basketball program has been shown to be not so value oriented lately. Players under him were paid by an outside entity and an assistant coach was fired and charged with a felony and now try to convince me Miller had no knowledge of it. LOL. Anyway, things over the next few weeks will not be boring. The King is dead, long live the King. whoever it turns out to be.
New winner for worst post in this current saga, congrats.

Ahhhh did I hurt your feelings? Poor baby. I don't know if this is true but I read RR was fired by email. The chicken shit AD didn't even have the guts to face him to fire him. LOL
you just look more ridiculous the longer you defend poor little ol rich rod.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I get there is a "never liked the guy, get a rope" crowd and the "that is not the RR I knew" crowd. I am in the "seemed like a legit enough guy from where I stood but really don't know what to believe" crowd. I get people make mistakes but it bothers me when they drag other folks down. Making folks lie for him (on top of the 2016 season results) is enough to want him gone but not sure that is a $7.5 MM mistake. If he did ignore dick picks and sexually harassed the lady, well, he needs to pay up and serve whatever the law calls for. If he ignored ZH warning signs, that is another level and possibly negligence. There is a continuum here of bad behavior on the part of RR...where the truth lies, only a couple people know for sure and none are on this board. All that said, there is a question of what the administration know and when did they know it. It is hard to believe that they only starting finding things out with the investigation started in October. Add that to the other problems/lawsuits/investigation they have and the entire program could be in a bigger heap of trouble. This is all so disappointing.

It will take years to recover....or 1 great head coaching hire and a winning football season. JK.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

The fact that the family has to relive this disgusts me.

Rodriguez said he last saw Hemmila after a team meeting Sunday night. The two conversed for about 45 minutes Saturday night.
“About everything,” Rodriguez said. “How happy he was.”

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... c5cd8.html
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

He shouldn't be allowed to ever step onto campus again. I have no problem with the firing even if by email. Box up his personal items and mail it to him - after authorities have had a chance to go through them of course - Probably been subpoenaed already. I can only imagine what is found on his work computer.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

For anyone who may know. The independent investigation found no wrong doing in terms of harassment. How much of these claims would be covered in the independent investigation? I know the woman did not cooperate with the investigation (not a bad thing necessarily), but would some of these be covered in that investigation? I am just confused by all this. I know the scope would be limited if the woman was not cooperating but wouldn't the independent investigators have access to RR's phone records and stuff like that if the University provided the phone and other things that would address these claims in part or full?

Been a big RR fan for the most part but so happy he is gone if anything in this is true.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So like stoops our football team tanked cause rr was chasing skirt.

Fml, lets hire mike pence as coach at this point.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:So like stoops our football team tanked cause rr was chasing skirt.

lol. ugh.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

CalStateTempe wrote:So like stoops our football team tanked cause rr was chasing skirt.

Supposedly Stoops may have chased the same skirt.
prh

Post by prh »

PHXCATS wrote:For anyone who may know. The independent investigation found no wrong doing in terms of harassment. How much of these claims would be covered in the independent investigation? I know the woman did not cooperate with the investigation (not a bad thing necessarily), but would some of these be covered in that investigation? I am just confused by all this. I know the scope would be limited if the woman was not cooperating but wouldn't the independent investigators have access to RR's phone records and stuff like that if the University provided the phone and other things that would address these claims in part or full?

Been a big RR fan for the most part but so happy he is gone if anything in this is true.
It was an internal investigation, which means more or less an HR copout "we found nothing for you to sue us over"
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

btfd16 wrote:

:lol:

LMAO

Wow...
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UAEebs86 wrote:More ugly info here, including players sexting her pictures of their junk :o
Gross! Ugly info indeed!

Why, again, is UA paying his buyout?!?!

This type of behavier certainly is reason for "cause."
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:More ugly info here, including players sexting her pictures of their junk :o
Gross! Ugly info indeed!

If you're U of A, do you REALLY want to fight that court battle?
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Seems like Dudek would be a key witness here. Would an internal investigation include reaching out to him?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
Gross! Ugly info indeed!

My guess is the major boosters knew how ugly this could get and just cut the necessary checks.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Guys - Yes, the U of A's lawyers should fight this as "firing with cause" because there certainly is cause here. What's the point of including "cause" language in the contract if, when push comes to shoves, we pay out anyway because we don't want the ugly details of said cause coming out. Especially since those details are already out.

Should've at least done what Florida did with McElwain (with far lesser cause) and asked for a lesser buyout.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CatsbyAZ wrote:Guys - Yes, the U of A's lawyers should fight this as "firing with cause" because there certainly is cause here. What's the point of including "cause" language in the contract if, when push comes to shoves, we pay out anyway because we don't want the ugly details of said cause coming out. Especially since those details are already out.

Should've at least done what Florida did with McElwain (with far lesser cause) and asked for a lesser buyout.
Having a ton of stuff come up nationally and RR firing back plus lawyer fees is not worth $6M especially if more people come to games now that RR is gone
prh

Post by prh »

Thank you phx, yes, guys this is pretty simple. Paying his buyout is hugely preferred to this becoming a national story, going into court, and having more sordid details come out. This is awful enough as is, but it's mostly contained locally. National news is just "he's out for sexual misconduct." Paying the buyout keeps it that way.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
Gross! Ugly info indeed!

My guess is the major boosters knew how ugly this could get and just cut the necessary checks.

You are correct. The big boosters knew how much Heeke could not stand RR and they heard the same shit I have heard for the last two years. The drums were drumming long ago.....the fervor picked up after the ASU loss.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

btfd16 wrote:

I heard it was much more than "chased".
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

prh wrote:Thank you phx, yes, guys this is pretty simple. Paying his buyout is hugely preferred to this becoming a national story, going into court, and having more sordid details come out. This is awful enough as is, but it's mostly contained locally. National news is just "he's out for sexual misconduct." Paying the buyout keeps it that way.
I stand corrected if this is the case, but good grief! When does it end?

March 2017: Women's track coach discovered to have abused and stalked his athletes

August 2017: Basketball goes under investigation for recruiting bribery scandel

Jan 2018: RIchRod canned for bullying and degrading female AD employees dating back to 2014

When does it end!

Can we clean house already!
Last edited by CatsbyAZ on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
prh wrote:Thank you phx, yes, guys this is pretty simple. Paying his buyout is hugely preferred to this becoming a national story, going into court, and having more sordid details come out. This is awful enough as is, but it's mostly contained locally. National news is just "he's out for sexual misconduct." Paying the buyout keeps it that way.
I stand corrected if this is the case, but good grief! When does it end?

March 2017: Women's track coach discovered to have abused and stacked his athletes

August 2017: Basketball goes under investigation for recruiting bribery scandel

Jan 2018: RIchRod canned for bullying and degrading female AD employees dating back to 2014

When does it end!

Can we clean house already!
Greg Fucking Byrne

As far as RR, the claims did not do him in. If he went 12-1 this year or even 9-4 or 10-3 Heeke would stand behind RR like he did Miller assuming the internal investigation covered the right bases.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

azpenguin wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
Gross! Ugly info indeed!

If you're U of A, do you REALLY want to fight that court battle?
Because, as his employer, the University is vicariously responsible and liable for his actions. Latin: respondeat superior. The University is setting up its defense to her claims. We investigated. She didn't cooperate. We found nothing. Thus, no cause so we had to pay him (and make him go away). Nonetheless, we fired him because there was too much smoke so please don't let this lady take us to the woodshed.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

TucsonClip wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

I heard the same. That's why I laughed when the complaint said he had a zero tolerance. Maybe he just satisfied her.
Sid

Post by Sid »

TucsonClip wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

How smoking hot is this gal? Seriously, I find it hard to believe worth flushing your whole career/marriage down the toilet for.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Scheer is on 1290 right now

Says was happening anyway, Heeke waiting on investigation to come back to see if the firing would be with or without cause

USA Today Article sped it up

Took a while because had to determine if it would be with our without cause and 6.4M is worth the wait
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

A lot of men with money and power can't help themselves apparently. They have some sort of sick inner desire to conquer everything around them, including women, consequences be damned. Usually are too arrogant to think they won't get away with it, because they usually do get away with it.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

What's crazy is that every coached mentioned is now gone. Ragle, Reveles, Dudek. Only coach in the complaint that is still here is Smith. They saw the Titanic sinking.
Last edited by btfd16 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Sid wrote:
How smoking hot is this gal? Seriously, I find it hard to believe worth flushing your whole career/marriage down the toilet for.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Wolken says he believes the investigation done by outside lawyers was very thorough.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:A lot of men with money and power can't help themselves apparently. They have some sort of sick inner desire to conquer everything around them, including women, consequences be damned. Usually are too arrogant to think they won't get away with it, because they usually do get away with it.
Like you and HS are alluding too, RR is certifiably nuts if he thinks he could get away with some of the stuff that’s alleged. Like clinically sociopathic
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Also don't think U of A wants to go the Louisville route and play hard ball with Rich on the whole firing for cause or not for cause, and then face a multimillion dollar lawsuit from RR for not paying out his contract. Of course would seem like a for cause firing if all these details keep playing out, seems like they get worse by the hour.

UA likely calculating it not worth all the hassle in the end, just gives you more negative publicity like Louisville is getting (Louisville faces a $38.7 million dollar lawsuit from Pitino, even after he ran an in-dorm sex recruiting brothel for years, following that up with being involved in an FBI investigation finding the program paid 100k+ to recruits' families, program was incurring astronomical borrowing expenses. Makes Book look like he was giving out candy bars in comparison.) They're just paying the hillbilly to go away, U of A still has millions of dollars in legal bills and settlements to pay out from all this crap, and then work on rebuilding.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Arizona Diamondbacks saying some things that seem to go against the claims
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

There are a lot of little inaccuracies in the claim. What did the DBacks say?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:Arizona Diamondbacks saying some things that seem to go against the claims
One claim.

Like all things the truth is always somewhere in the middle. I have zero doubt this woman is embellishing numerous things and on the other hand Rich Rod has done much of what was written as well.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

btfd16 wrote:There are a lot of little inaccuracies in the claim. What did the DBacks say?
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 000900001/" target="_blank
Sid

Post by Sid »

Just dawned on me, perhaps no more running JJ up the gut on a huge DLine.

:D
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Last edited by 97cats on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prh

Post by prh »

ChooChooCat wrote:
btfd16 wrote:There are a lot of little inaccuracies in the claim. What did the DBacks say?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but where did Kendrick say anything going against her claim? It seems that he just tried to say how great Rodriguez is because he helped her husband get that job. That makes it worse, since it seems RR schemed to get her husband a job in Phoenix while keeping her in Tucson. Much easier to prey when she's alone in Tucson all the time.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

If even half her allegations are true, and the other half overstatements, did Bryne even bother calling Michigan before he hired RR? You're hiring the face of a billion dollar university. I mean, some of this would have had to be going on there too with sexual harassment and staff management, etc. But then again at the time RR, was of course railroaded out of Michigan by the evil Michigan men who had it out for him, so why even bother talking to them, right?

For so long I was of the opinion Bryne really didn't have much of a role in all this, but now starting to wonder what exactly he allowed to be swept under the rug and ignore.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Sid wrote:Just dawned on me, perhaps no more running JJ up the gut on a huge DLine.

:D
Agree! That's about 98% of our running play designs, so will be refreshing to see a jet sweep once in 5 years with one of the fastest guys on the field.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

prh wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but where did Kendrick say anything going against her claim? It seems that he just tried to say how great Rodriguez is because he helped her husband get that job. That makes it worse, since it seems RR schemed to get her husband a job in Phoenix while keeping her in Tucson. Much easier to prey when she's alone in Tucson all the time.
Yeah it definitely did not change much except for the fact that the lawyer also had no idea.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

A lot of Morgantown people are saying something about a cheerleader? Any truth to this? I mean Rita was a WVU cheerleader.