Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

jimson

Re: Coach Rod

Post by jimson »

scumdevils86 wrote:
jimson wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Rich and powerful men always should get the benefit of the doubt for sure.
You forgot to add white as a descriptor.
Guilty til proven innocent huh? or still then?
keep defending the poor men out there. all sexual crimes and harassment are made up, amirite? all women all slutty gold diggers, right? just making sure I know where you stand here.
How about we don't rush to destroy peoples lives based only on allegations.

Duke Lacrosse team ring any bells for you?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Scum, I definitely agree with you regarding most points, but I can see how it is fair to wait for due process. It is the first isolated incident, with a woman multiple people on this board alone know to be less than trustworthy and immoral. I think we will all be willingly to call RR scum of the Earth and destroy his reputation if half of what MW is saying is true. If this were a case like Weinstein or Spacey where multiple people come out corroborating the story or have a similar story, I can also see destroying him. No one is denying that. No one is saying they will defend him if it is true. They are waiting for more facts. I think that is fair.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Quite frankly every body remotely involved in this needs to stfu. Posting an old text convo on Twitter doesn't make you look good or your dad look better. Between old players comparing this firing to the basketball situation, current players acting as if they know who the best coach would be, and an old coach's daughter using one text message as proof to defend her father's honor this is the buggest load of fuckery i have ever seen. A massive collection of mental midgets at work. It makes my head hurt.
Now add Rhett Rod to the list. For fuck sakes...
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Quite frankly every body remotely involved in this needs to stfu. Posting an old text convo on Twitter doesn't make you look good or your dad look better. Between old players comparing this firing to the basketball situation, current players acting as if they know who the best coach would be, and an old coach's daughter using one text message as proof to defend her father's honor this is the buggest load of fuckery i have ever seen. A massive collection of mental midgets at work. It makes my head hurt.
What was it? Edit: Can't get on Twitter at the moment
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This is getting crazy.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Fucking shitshow
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

azgreg wrote:This is getting crazy.
That could be the ammunition Brad Allis was referring to
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

We are waiting for due process. No one has suggested otherwise. I'm just tired of seeing this ridiculous bullshit from men online insinuating that women are always going to be making this crap up and they should be not taken seriously until there's a hundred percent documented proof of a man's misbehavior. Based on the overwhelming weight of historical data women should be given the benefit of the doubt the vast majority of the time over a man.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Having had time to digest all this a little bit now, I'm starting to come around to the idea that while this whole sexual harassment thing is a big debacle, it may ultimately be a red herring. Hansen basically portrayed RichRod as a monster around people after games and during practice belittling staff and student workers, threatening firings if the bus wasn't loaded fast enough, screaming at everyone, blowing up after games, basically a toxic eggshell culture in and out of Lowell-Stevens.

Heeke has shown an extreme distaste for that type of leadership behavior, and he really wanted a new leader with a different leadership style, hence the ultimate reason for the firing. He's been consulting with Dick Tomey on the next hire, and they've talked about finally hiring more a build 'em up type of leader than the beat them down type we've had with our last 3. He's probably been thinking who to hire for some time now. He's been dealing with all these allegations now since October, and knew that once those salacious details got out there (even if you want to say every single allegation was false, the damage would be done regardless.) Though to me, at least some of those allegations seem pretty realistic, and the fact they include so many different people to corroborate at least some of it, and based on all else we've learned about his behavior with other staff and students, not to mention the cheating, it's plausible at the least to me.)

So once the story broke, immediate action had to be taken. Heeke (and president Robbins) knew there was no going back in today's sexual harassment awareness culture, he couldn't stand to defend RR for a year+ on this. The matter will settle, I'd agree with an earlier post in the $500k-$1.5mrange, maybe more depending on what the school itself really knew or could do, they'd have to drag Bryne back for depositions, etc...the U of A wants this off their books so just cut bait with the entire RR episode as much as it can, fast as it can. The student athletes on the team are probably going to have to be indoctrinated into a new more respectful culture as well by the new coach and athletic department heads.

Also imagine Heeke ran some numbers and realized another year of lost ticket revenue that would surely result after this sexual harassment scandal dragged, not to mention having to deal with the guy for another year who he couldn't stand, he was better off just paying him off to get somebody else in that Heeke wants for his style of football program leadership. RichRod certainly wasn't it for Dave.
Last edited by TheGreatCatsby on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Good post Catsby.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Any experts on how extortion works? Like he could still be a giant scum bag and she demanded money and he wouldn't give it to her?
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Would be crazy, but also remember, the story has had so many turns RR may be already laying the foundation for his next book, 6 and Out...kinda awkward having Rhett get involved in it now...
Last edited by TheGreatCatsby on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Rhett on twitter claimed that claimant recommended her sister to multiple people, as a replacement into the devastating work place. Smells like rot!!
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Wasn't Tomey involved in hiring Mackovich?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I thought it was odd that MW had her daughter work in the AD if it was so crazy.

On a side note, is Drop the Mic the dumbest show on TV?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Postmaster wrote:Wasn't Tomey involved in hiring Mackovich?
No way that ever happened. Tomey resigned before he was going to be fired. Why would he be involved in the hiring of Mackovic? It was so bad that Tomey's son and Livengood's daughter were engaged at the time but the wedding was called off.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Rich Rodriguez’s attorneys prepping to sue accuser for attempted extortion

PHOENIX — Attorneys for former Arizona head football coach Rich Rodriguez were preparing to sue a woman who accused him of sexual harassment. The suit will likely focus on attempted extortion.

Sources told 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s John Gambadoro that the accuser, Melissa Wilhelmsen, had attempted to extort “multiple millions” from Rodriguez and only filed her $7.5 million notice of claim after he refused to pay.

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Chop I disagree with you here. If it was my father and I truly believed he was innocent I would be defending him publicly and vehemently until I was proven wrong. You have to remember it’s still their dad
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m adding “doesn’t try to stick his cock in everything that moves” to “recruit” and “win consistently” in my criteria for a new coach.

To those of you who are lamenting the fact that RR’s life is ruined (spoiler: it isn’t), I have a question:

Let’s say for a second that all the bad stuff you’ve heard, and all the bad things you’ve imagined about this woman are true. She’s a gold-digging extortionist hell bent on getting close to and seducing married men in order to suck their bank accounts clean through false accusations. Isn’t the fact that RichRod banged this supposed psycho floozy AND had her cover for another affair of his while they were both university employees and interacting with student athletes reason enough to give him the boot?

I would not want anyone that godawful stupid running my multi-million dollar program, that’s for sure.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

This is getting more and more entertaining each hour almost. Some people think that anyone involved has no right to express an opinion. They think players have no right to express an opinion on who should be hired next. I think this person's remark was they should just stfu. Maybe he should stfu. No player to my knowledge has threated to leave if certain people weren't hired, they simply expressed their desire. This entire thing is now stinking to high heavens. Both sides. Actually all three sides, Heeke, RR, and MW. I don't know what firing for cause would entail but to me his extramarital affair and having his wife and mistress on the sideline of the same game is cause to fire someone. That certainly doesn't set an example of behavior the University wants to deal with. The entire firing him without cause to me is just a smoke screen to try and avoid a law suit because they knew RR would sue if they pulled that and even if they won, there were things going on they don't want brought out. If Heeke wanted RR gone so bad he should have just grown a pair of balls and fired him. If he had planned to fire him when this so called investigation was over it still sure seemed like a spur of the moment decision to me. It took them three days just to post the job opening.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

RondaeShimmy wrote:Rich Rodriguez’s attorneys prepping to sue accuser for attempted extortion

PHOENIX — Attorneys for former Arizona head football coach Rich Rodriguez were preparing to sue a woman who accused him of sexual harassment. The suit will likely focus on attempted extortion.

Sources told 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s John Gambadoro that the accuser, Melissa Wilhelmsen, had attempted to extort “multiple millions” from Rodriguez and only filed her $7.5 million notice of claim after he refused to pay.

This confirms the rest of what I had heard a few days ago. She made some claims about RR, allegedly attempted to extort, UA hired a law firm to investigate for quite some time and found nothing, she filed the the 7.5 mil notice of claim.

Obviously, wasnt running to post any of that, but trust where I heard it.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

btfd16 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Chop I disagree with you here. If it was my father and I truly believed he was innocent I would be defending him publicly and vehemently until I was proven wrong. You have to remember it’s still their dad
It doesn't look good either way. This is what lawyers are for.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not knowing the truth, in this case it's a very rich man being able to hire the best attorneys, and keep them working long and hard (insert Michael Scott quote) against a women with probably very modest means, hiring less and cheaper attorneys.

RichRod, whether right or wrong, will win this case only due to having unlimited finances. Even though this is a civil case, there are always 2 levels of justice.

Saying that, MW probably should have cooperated with the legal team hired by the UA to investigate this.

EDIT: I was wrong as usual, she goes big time
Last edited by Merkin on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

I need Cordera's analysis and opinion on this now. Where the hell is he?
jimson

Post by jimson »

scumdevils86 wrote: Based on the overwhelming weight of historical data women should be given the benefit of the doubt the vast majority of the time over a man.
Fuck that
Everyone should get the benefit of the doubt.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

jimson wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote: Based on the overwhelming weight of historical data women should be given the benefit of the doubt the vast majority of the time over a man.
Fuck that
Absolutely not. You only say this as a man who hasn't dealt with what MOST women have to their entire life.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Everyone has the right to express their opinions, just like you goons on this board. Now is it the right thing to do in terms of the law or public relations, maybe not, but it all really doesn't matter if all this goes to court where it will come down to evidence, legal skill and due process.
3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

What we don't need is a protracted media circus, followed by bad-mouthing the school.

One thing that seems obvious, is that NONE of this fiasco is the fault of U oA or Dave Heeke, and that RR's conduct/judgement led to his being relieved of his duties with pay.

We don't need a repeat of the Michigan blame game, book, etc.- Rich is being paid for the rest of his contract and he needs to deal with his accuser, and ultimately they can close the book on this with agreement to keep it secret; you know like the 'triangle of secrecy'.

After a few weeks, this imbroglio needs to go away. Happy trails RR.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Well, now we have this...
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

DrWildcat wrote:Well, now we have this...
Lawyers like to file paperwork so who knows. The university has much deeper pockets than RR. This is nothing more than a glorified money grab
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue2/2004/0 ... ice-field/" target="_blank
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Merkin wrote:

hmmm
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

whatisee wrote:
Merkin wrote:

hmmm
Pretty interesting that a big donor of the university would want to be the attorney in a case against the same university.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Last edited by whatisee on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

ramcat wrote:Rhett on twitter claimed that claimant recommended her sister to multiple people, as a replacement into the devastating work place. Smells like rot!!
Smells incredibly shitty around the story and if that fact is true I don’t believe a word she says
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

whatisee wrote:
ramcat wrote:Rhett on twitter claimed that claimant recommended her sister to multiple people, as a replacement into the devastating work place. Smells like rot!!
Smells incredibly shitty around the story and if that fact is true I don’t believe a word she says
I trust Raquel and Rhett tweeting about RichRod as much as I trust Eric and Don Jr. tweeting about Donald.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Merkin wrote:
whatisee wrote:
I trust Raquel and Rhett tweeting about RichRod as much as I trust Eric and Don Jr. tweeting about Donald.
If it's true it doesn't matter who said it on Twitter. It's shitty and brings into question everything the accuser has said or stated up to this point.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Merkin wrote:
whatisee wrote:
This is a ridiculous comparison... I pretty sure recommending your sister to take your job is a little different than tweeting about taxes and health care
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

btfd16 wrote:Any one see Raquel Rodriguez' tweet? I'll post a link. Suck at imbedding.

https://twitter.com/raquelrod_23/status ... 0216178689
Raquel should really, really stfu... but thinking she is smarter than she is runs in the gene pool.

Her copy the MW text message proves nothing...acting graciously toward the daughter of the predator means nada. I think her Daddy did his share to tear her family apart.

She sure does a cute Tammy Wynette.

Hey Raquel: your Dad? Not a good guy... stay on the sidelines for this one or you will be pulling yourself into conversations you do not want to have, and it will be your fault.

Now Rhett’s tweet, if true, would be a much more valid argument... assuming her sister does not weight 350 lbs. he has more critical reasoning than sis.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
btfd16 wrote:Any one see Raquel Rodriguez' tweet? I'll post a link. Suck at imbedding.

Raquel should really, really stfu... but thinking she is smarter than she is runs I. The gene pool.

Her copy the MW text message proves nothing...acting graciously toward the daughter of the predator means nada. I think her Daddy did his share to tear her family apart.

Hey Raquel: your Dad? Not a good guy... stay on the sidelines for this one or you will be pulling yourself into conversations you do not want to have, and it will be your fault.
You're right, the text proves nothing. However, she is just trying to defend her family, really nothing wrong with that.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Harvey Specter wrote:

Raquel should really, really stfu... but thinking she is smarter than she is runs I. The gene pool.

Funny throwing stones from a glass house. RR not a good guy? Nope. But you're the one telling a 20 year old girl defending her father to shut the fuck up. Yikes man. Hope you're happy. You sure told her.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Harvey Specter wrote:

Daughter of a predator? Are you fucking crazy? I mean seriouslty
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

whatisee wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Should have typed “daughter of ALLEGED predator”.

IF he his guilty of what he is accused of, he IS a predator. And her being nice to his daughter means nothing.

Even if he smiles at you in the cafeteria.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
whatisee wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

IF he his guilty of what he is accused of, he IS a predator. And her being nice to his daughter means nothing.

:lol: I smile every time you post. You seem like a sad sad old man. Him smiling in the cafeteria has nothing to do with shit talking a 20 year old girl hahaha
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

btfd16 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
whatisee wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

:lol: I smile every time you post. You seem like a sad sad old man. Him smiling in the cafeteria has nothing to do with shit talking a 20 year old girl hahaha
Calm yourself
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/01804.htm

13-1804. Theft by extortion; classification

A. A person commits theft by extortion by knowingly obtaining or seeking to obtain property or services by means of a threat to do in the future any of the following:

1. Cause physical injury to anyone by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument or cause death or serious physical injury to anyone.

2. Cause physical injury to anyone except as provided in paragraph 1 of this subsection.

3. Cause damage to property.

4. Engage in other conduct constituting an offense.

5. Accuse anyone of a crime or bring criminal charges against anyone.

6. Expose a secret or an asserted fact, whether true or false, tending to subject anyone to hatred, contempt or ridicule or to impair the person's credit or business.

7. Take or withhold action as a public servant or cause a public servant to take or withhold action.

8. Cause anyone to part with any property.

9. Take or withhold action regarding an alleged claim of easement or other right of access to an adjoining property if both of the following occur:

(a) The claimant's property interest is the result of a tax lien purchase or foreclosure pursuant to title 42, chapter 18.

(b) The fair market value of the claimant's property is equal to or less than the amount paid by the claimant for the purchase of the tax lien or foreclosure, including taxes paid after the lien purchase and any costs and attorney fees paid in connection with the lien foreclosure. For the purposes of this subdivision, "fair market value" means the fair market value as defined in section 33-814, subsection A as of the date of the theft.

B. It is an affirmative defense to a prosecution under subsection A, paragraph 5, 6 or 7 that the property obtained by threat of the accusation, exposure, lawsuit or other invocation of official action was lawfully claimed either as:

1. Restitution or indemnification for harm done under circumstances to which the accusation, exposure, lawsuit or other official action relates.

2. Compensation for property that was lawfully obtained or for lawful services.

C. Theft by extortion as defined in subsection A, paragraph 1 is a class 2 felony. Otherwise, theft by extortion is a class 4 felony.

It is a criminal, not civil statute. Also, not a good look for an accused-predator to aggressively counter-attack the alleged victim. Not if you seek future employment in the public space. And he can never prove damages because he was not the coaching genius he thought he was. His flim flam being exposed by his record caused his damages.
Last edited by FlyonWall on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Calm yourself
Me? So now you pick and choose which woman get the benefit of the doubt when being talked down to?

EDIT: This isn't about RR and MW. This is about Harvey seemingly attacking Raquel and telling her to "shut the fuck up" for defending her father.
Last edited by btfd16 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Irish27 wrote:
Postmaster wrote:Wasn't Tomey involved in hiring Mackovich?
No way that ever happened. Tomey resigned before he was going to be fired. Why would he be involved in the hiring of Mackovic? It was so bad that Tomey's son and Livengood's daughter were engaged at the time but the wedding was called off.

This article says Mack and Tomey spoke a few times before Mack took job and that they were very good friends.

That must have been what I was sort of remembering.

I forgot all about the wedding thing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mackovic-t ... izona-job/" target="_blank
jimson

Post by jimson »

scumdevils86 wrote:
jimson wrote:
Fuck that
Absolutely not. You only say this as a man who hasn't dealt with what MOST women have to their entire life.

Bullshit!
I say this as an American and no matter who you are, you don't get to make damaging allegations without proof (so far) refuse to cooperate in an investigation and be automatically believed and force the accused to prove their innocence. The burden of proof is on the accuser, always.

This is a gigantic shit bucket and ALL sides are covered in it.

Just what he has admitted to makes RR a sleaze that no one wants around anymore.

If MW, while she was married or not, really had an affair with RR's married predecessor, her character is in question. If she produces no evidence and refuses to cooperate in the investigation it could mean there is no evidence or it could mean that she didn't want RR to lose his buyout (her money) by giving Heeke cause. That along with the amount of money she is seeking, and the possibility that she willingly tried to put her own sister in that same alleged hostile workplace makes it look like she might be more interested in a payday than justice.

Then there's Heeke who would have come under criticism for the ill timed, very costly firing of a coach who rebounded to a winning season and had a team that looked to be trending up, gets to fire a coach he didn't like, without cause, while looking like he had cause and no other choice. Well played Heeke, if a bit sleazy as well.