Jedd Fisch- Traveling Used Car Salesman / Coach For Hire

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UofAlum05

Re: Jedd Fisch

Post by UofAlum05 »

BJ Denker is an idiot. Brennan wanted the Arizona job badly. Robbins overruled it.
prh

Post by prh »

Rosen was supremely talented and yet equally ill-prepared for the NFL. If that's the GOOD reviews, this is even worse than thought.

Patriots QBs have 7 TDs and 14 INT this year. In a quality system too. WTF is going on up there
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:42 pm
Lando05 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:35 pm Is it surprising to see Scheer trying to spin this as good? Jesus Christ what a farse. Jed is a cuck of a hire. Fucking clown car of a football program.
Needs sources inside the program I guess.

Him retweeting this is just ridiculous, absent any context
Uh, one guy took over a program in the crapper and led it to an undefeated record. It took a year or two, so his overall record looks bad.

The other guy has never been a HC, has never had sustained success or even been with a program for longer than 3 years.

It's like saying you'd prefer the guy who's been trusted with anything important over the guy who didn't immediately pull a miracle.
prh

Post by prh »

UofAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:14 pm BJ Denker is an idiot. Brennan wanted the Arizona job badly. Robbins overruled it.
Denker has shown himself an idiot on twitter going back to his noodle arm days riding Kadeem's coattails to winning
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

We'll never get another good coach as long as Robbins is at AZ. He absolutely most go if we want to save the AD
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Even Machina hates the pick!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

84Cat wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:18 pm We'll never get another good coach as long as Robbins is at AZ. He absolutely most go if we want to save the AD
I don't even really want to save the AD. Unless you mean athletic department.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Merkin wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:19 pm Even Machina hates the pick!
That's telling... Machina begged people to give the program money to get bigger... now he's even bailing
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Text I got from a friend that’s plugged in as it gets.

Once you accept Robbins thinks he’s the AD and he’s a terrible one and heeke is a puppet for him which is exactly what he wants then it all makes sense
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

btfd16 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:08 pm Got some texts I will quote instead of screenshot because obvious reasons:

People I know still in athletics say Robbins straight overruled Heeke. Heeke had Brennan ready and the whole staff had the graphics and release and everything ready. Robbins straight said no and hired Fisch
Yeah guys like Choo last night were confident Heeke was going to make the hire (Brennan) late last night.

Then for overruled overnight somehow.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

btfd16 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:20 pm
84Cat wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:18 pm We'll never get another good coach as long as Robbins is at AZ. He absolutely most go if we want to save the AD
I don't even really want to save the AD. Unless you mean athletic department.
Yes, I'm just being lazy. Ad = athletic department. I don't care about Heeke. He is too weak to be a good athletic director
Last edited by 84Cat on Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:23 pm
btfd16 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:08 pm Got some texts I will quote instead of screenshot because obvious reasons:

People I know still in athletics say Robbins straight overruled Heeke. Heeke had Brennan ready and the whole staff had the graphics and release and everything ready. Robbins straight said no and hired Fisch
Yeah guys like Choo last night were confident Heeke was going to make the hire (Brennan) late last night.

Then for overruled overnight somehow.
Yep a late night closed door meeting in McKale changed everything
prh

Post by prh »

Just like Jets fans cheering for them to go 0-16, the worse a disaster this is, (hopefully) the sooner Robbins is gone and we can reboot the program and save our university.

Robbins is destroying Arizona in so many ways and I can't wait to be free of his cancer
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

ztonyg

Post by ztonyg »

prh wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:29 pm Just like Jets fans cheering for them to go 0-16, the worse a disaster this is, (hopefully) the sooner Robbins is gone and we can reboot the program and save our university.

Robbins is destroying Arizona in so many ways and I can't wait to be free of his cancer
Between the AD and that Zovio / Ashford deal (which looks like a giant pyramid scheme) Robbins seems set to destroy the reputation of the university. I'm surprised he isn't getting any pushback from ABOR.

Then again Michael Crow also has impacted ASU in a number of negative ways without ABOR caring too much.
Last edited by ztonyg on Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prh

Post by prh »

ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Thank you PRH
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ztonyg wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:33 pm
prh wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:29 pm Just like Jets fans cheering for them to go 0-16, the worse a disaster this is, (hopefully) the sooner Robbins is gone and we can reboot the program and save our university.

Between the AD and that Zovio / Ashford deal (which looks like a giant pyramid scheme) Robbins seems set to destroy the reputation of the university. I'm surprised he isn't getting any pushback from ABOR.

Then again Michael Crow also has impacted ASU in a number of negative ways without ABOR caring too much.
I don't recall the ABOR caring about sports in recent memory, esp. when DeConcini was on the board.

Look at the horrible PAC-12 TV fiasco.

The Nike shoe deal too is a good tell that Robbins can't make a good deal. Just some clothes and shoes, no cash like other schools are getting.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

UofAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:22 pm Text I got from a friend that’s plugged in as it gets.

Once you accept Robbins thinks he’s the AD and he’s a terrible one and heeke is a puppet for him which is exactly what he wants then it all makes sense
This is confirmed to me by the presser. It seemed obvious that Robbins is running the show. Is it even appropriate for the President to be running a presser regarding Athletic Department issues?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Carcassdragger wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:55 pm
UofAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:22 pm Text I got from a friend that’s plugged in as it gets.

This is confirmed to me by the presser. It seemed obvious that Robbins is running the show. Is it even appropriate for the President to be running a presser regarding Athletic Department issues?

No
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Robert A Booey

Post by Robert A Booey »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:05 pm
That is not exactly a ringing endorsement. It does seem to confirm what most people think.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

ztonyg wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Larry Scott still has a job.

Things that are clearly poor/wrong/should change have a weird way of continuing much longer than they should. Incentive structures start getting strange and start effecting decisions people make, etc etc.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

So was driving a taxi with Tony Danza and the guy from Grease his first job?
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Coming from a guy that played for coach Fisch I hope it goes well. But there is a reason he can&#39;t keep a job</p>&mdash; Matt Scott (@mscottqb10) <a href="https://twitter.com/mscottqb10/status/1 ... ">December 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All coaches give glowing recommendations for each other. I don't even pay attention to them. Where are the words of support from former players? Here is an example of the opposite -- a flying elbow from the top rope. "there's a reason he can't keep a job."
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

In re UofA wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:54 pm <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Coming from a guy that played for coach Fisch I hope it goes well. But there is a reason he can&#39;t keep a job</p>&mdash; Matt Scott (@mscottqb10) <a href="https://twitter.com/mscottqb10/status/1 ... ">December 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All coaches give glowing recommendations for each other. I don't even pay attention to them. Where are the words of support from former players? Here is an example of the opposite -- a flying elbow from the top rope. "there's a reason he can't keep a job."
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

That's what made the beginning of the presser so hilarious. Robbins kept saying what a great job Heeke did on the search and how they both agreed on Fisch and it was all such fucking bullshit. Glad the Facebook chat was calling them out the whole time.

I agree with whoever said the whole thing felt like an acceptance speech at an awards show. It didn't fill me with confidence Arizona Football is in good hands.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

So our "esteemed" University President overruled the AD who wanted to hire a guy who just went undefeated, and won a conference championship with a bunch of underrecruited guys, taking it to Boise St. in the Conference Championship game, for a guy who is an NFL QB Coach on a team that has a cumulative QB rating of under 50, with 7 TDs and 14 Ints! Unfuckingbelievable!

Not only has Fisch had a number of jobs in a number of years, his trajectory hasn't been always up. There have been demotions and barely anyone upset to see him leave. He may have done well with Rosen, but where did that get Rosen after a year? Nowhere.

He better put together an all-star cast of assistants, because this hire has left me zero confidence that we got the right guy, or the leaders of the University have any clue about what they are doing. I lived through Mackovic. I thought Sumlin was going to be Mackovic 2.0 but was willing to give him a chance. Unfortunately, I was right about Sumlin. This hire? It make a dumpster fire look like a penthouse on the Riviera! It's that bad.

If Fisch lasts four years in Tucson before getting fired, I'd be shocked. My guess is halfway through season four, after three seasons of an absolute shit-show, and the buyout becomes tolerable.
ztonyg

Post by ztonyg »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:07 pm So our "esteemed" University President overruled the AD who wanted to hire a guy who just went undefeated, and won a conference championship with a bunch of underrecruited guys, taking it to Boise St. in the Conference Championship game, for a guy who is an NFL QB Coach on a team that has a cumulative QB rating of under 50, with 7 TDs and 14 Ints! Unfuckingbelievable!

Not only has Fisch had a number of jobs in a number of years, his trajectory hasn't been always up. There have been demotions and barely anyone upset to see him leave. He may have done well with Rosen, but where did that get Rosen after a year? Nowhere.

He better put together an all-star cast of assistants, because this hire has left me zero confidence that we got the right guy, or the leaders of the University have any clue about what they are doing. I lived through Mackovic. I thought Sumlin was going to be Mackovic 2.0 but was willing to give him a chance. Unfortunately, I was right about Sumlin. This hire? It make a dumpster fire look like a penthouse on the Riviera! It's that bad.

If Fisch lasts four years in Tucson before getting fired, I'd be shocked. My guess is halfway through season four, after three seasons of an absolute shit-show, and the buyout becomes tolerable.
I'm not sure we can even give him credit for Rosen. Granted he played in 2 more games in 2015 versus 2017 but the stats are remarkably similar (very slight improvement in 2017). I'd chalk some of that improvement to experience. Also Rosen was a complete bust at the NFL level (but then again a number of college QBs are).

He's been somewhere between a position coach to an OC with a number of mediocre teams. As he became more involved with the Rams offense in 2019 it seemed to take a step down from the team that went to the Super Bowl in 2018. This year the QB position has not been a bright spot with New England at all.

He's the Todd Graham of assistant coaches (of course with twice as many teams) but at least Graham progressed upward at every level until he reached ASU.

As a football fan, I couldn't be more disappointed in this hire.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Here is what I posted on the Premium Board as a new wave of "Give Fisch a chance" posters have come on board scolding us for freaking out.

I really wish the new wave posters scolding us for being down on the Fisch hire would read the forest through the trees.

This isn't about Fisch. His resume tells me he will have a tough time but yeah he might prove us wrong. He doesn't have the backgound to be considered for a job like this but most Arizona fans aren't rooting for him to fail or wish ill upon him (once their heads cool). If he's successful, thats great!

The issue here is Robbins behavior. That is why this hire is so infuriating to a lot of who follow this stuff real closely.

When businesses, boosters, fans, coaches, & athletes sign up to be a part of or do business with the University of Arizona Athletics they are doing so with the assumption that the AD is in charge. They are putting their livelihoods and money behind the idea that the AD has sold them that this will be good for them.

If someone comes in and overrides what the AD is promising it is a bad look and does collateral damage. We have now pissed off two highly respected coaches in the coaching community, we have used boosters money in not the way they wanted to use their money, we have alienated an alumni base who feels hurt. All because the President thought he was smarter than everyone else. A President that none of these people had any clue would end up being the end all be all.

What credentials does Robbins have to be an AD? Because that is what he is right now with Heeke just being his little whipping boy. What confidence do we have in Arizona athletics going forward with him as AD? How will we be able to hire future coaches in any of the sports with this now being the reputation of Arizona? How are we supposed to fundraise?

This is all much much bigger than Fisch or Football wins/losses.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UofAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:57 pm Here is what I posted on the Premium Board as a new wave of "Give Fisch a chance" posters have come on board scolding us for freaking out.
Those people are everywhere. You see it on Facebook..."well, Belichick said he was good."

Like they expect Arizona Athletics to spotlight quotes shitting on Fisch. There are plenty of those, but they're not gonna be put on FB by the athletic department.

Look, anything is possible, but there's no world in which Fisch is clearly the best candidate or anything other than Robbins's buddy. Look, if I was friends with Robbins, maybe he'd have hired me, but I wouldn't deserve it.

That's the bottom line for me. We didn't hire the best candidate. He could still succeed, but that fact isn't going to change.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I’m hearing that he was a heart patient of Robbins.

Any truth to that?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

No. I was told it was asked and answered at the presser.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

UofAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:57 pm Here is what I posted on the Premium Board as a new wave of "Give Fisch a chance" posters have come on board scolding us for freaking out.

I really wish the new wave posters scolding us for being down on the Fisch hire would read the forest through the trees.

This isn't about Fisch. His resume tells me he will have a tough time but yeah he might prove us wrong. He doesn't have the backgound to be considered for a job like this but most Arizona fans aren't rooting for him to fail or wish ill upon him (once their heads cool). If he's successful, thats great!

The issue here is Robbins behavior. That is why this hire is so infuriating to a lot of who follow this stuff real closely.

When businesses, boosters, fans, coaches, & athletes sign up to be a part of or do business with the University of Arizona Athletics they are doing so with the assumption that the AD is in charge. They are putting their livelihoods and money behind the idea that the AD has sold them that this will be good for them.

If someone comes in and overrides what the AD is promising it is a bad look and does collateral damage. We have now pissed off two highly respected coaches in the coaching community, we have used boosters money in not the way they wanted to use their money, we have alienated an alumni base who feels hurt. All because the President thought he was smarter than everyone else. A President that none of these people had any clue would end up being the end all be all.

What credentials does Robbins have to be an AD? Because that is what he is right now with Heeke just being his little whipping boy. What confidence do we have in Arizona athletics going forward with him as AD? How will we be able to hire future coaches in any of the sports with this now being the reputation of Arizona? How are we supposed to fundraise?

This is all much much bigger than Fisch or Football wins/losses.
Beautifully put. This isn’t a Jedd Fisch problem. This is a Robert Robbins problem.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I know many here are upset with the hire, which is a complete opposite from when Sumlin was hired. I for one am going to give Coach Fisch the benefit of the doubt. If the internet was around in 1987, I am pretty sure there would of been upset posters with the hiring of Dick Tomey. I do like Coach Fisch's attitude and energy. This is his first head coaching experience and he is hungry. I am pretty sure he will hire the right assistants. The most important thing is he will need to recruit, which I think he. He can sell his NFL experience and coaching NFL players. Everyone should step away from the ledge and give the guy a chance.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

My compliments to your drug dealer sir.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:45 pm
That is not exactly a ringing endorsement. It does seem to confirm what most people think.
I am not at all a fan of this hire (or the way the process was managed) for reasons already highlighted repeatedly in this thread.

But let’s take Matt Scott’s opinion in context, and acknowledge that he takes some serious poetic license in stating that he “played for” Fisch; more accurately, he “tried out for” him. To plagiarize his commentary “there is a reason Matt Scott never got so much as a cup of hot coffee in The League”.

There is plenty of data to protest this hire legitimately; no need for overreach - which is all this is.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Irish27 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:14 pm I know many here are upset with the hire, which is a complete opposite from when Sumlin was hired. I for one am going to give Coach Fisch the benefit of the doubt. If the internet was around in 1987, I am pretty sure there would of been upset posters with the hiring of Dick Tomey. I do like Coach Fisch's attitude and energy. This is his first head coaching experience and he is hungry. I am pretty sure he will hire the right assistants. The most important thing is he will need to recruit, which I think he. He can sell his NFL experience and coaching NFL players. Everyone should step away from the ledge and give the guy a chance.
Sorry, no comparison. I lived in Hawaii during Coach Tomey’s tenure there. He was a) a head coach, b) successful, and c) beloved in the community. Can you say any of those things about Fisch? Who knows, it may turn out all right. But this was not a good hire. Any more than me going to a strip club to find a date is a good way to find a sane girlfriend. It may turn out alright, but it will be in spite of, not because of how I went about finding a girlfriend.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Irish27 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:14 pm I know many here are upset with the hire, which is a complete opposite from when Sumlin was hired. I for one am going to give Coach Fisch the benefit of the doubt. If the internet was around in 1987, I am pretty sure there would of been upset posters with the hiring of Dick Tomey. I do like Coach Fisch's attitude and energy. This is his first head coaching experience and he is hungry. I am pretty sure he will hire the right assistants. The most important thing is he will need to recruit, which I think he. He can sell his NFL experience and coaching NFL players. Everyone should step away from the ledge and give the guy a chance.
I have nothing against Fisch personally and I do hope he literally shocks the world. But he’s so obviously a glad-handing climber. I would remark that he’s being set up for failure .... but he’s complicit in it. He’s also setting himself up for failure. This is not the right time or place for him to cut his teeth.

I don’t doubt he has faith in his abilities, but it seems outsized for what he’s actually accomplished. Getting a lot of jobs is different from excelling in those jobs. Deep down he has to know that if recruiting isn’t on the upswing in year two, the twelve fans left will be talking about the post-Fisch era midway through Year 3 Spring Camp.

So I guess he better produce. Good luck Jedd. You’re gonna need it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

The UofA is not even a top-50 football program, so I don't know why so many are against this hire? Three of the last four coaches had been fired. We got a guy who is excited and hungry, something we wanted in a coach. I believe he is going to work his butt off. I also like how he is opening the doors to the former players. I guess I am in the minority but I think this hire is going to work.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Irish,
It's because literally nobody except for one person thought he was the most qualified for the job, and that person overruled everyone else (AD, alumni, boosters, fans).

Would you be cool with that if it happened at your job?

King Bobby is making a mockery of our university.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ztonyg

Post by ztonyg »

Irish27 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:23 am The UofA is not even a top-50 football program, so I don't know why so many are against this hire? Three of the last four coaches had been fired. We got a guy who is excited and hungry, something we wanted in a coach. I believe he is going to work his butt off. I also like how he is opening the doors to the former players. I guess I am in the minority but I think this hire is going to work.
It's U of A football, nothing is going to work. The best we can hope for is a team that averages 6 wins a season and makes an occasional bowl appearance. Anything else is just icing on a cake.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

ztonyg wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:33 am
Irish27 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:23 am The UofA is not even a top-50 football program, so I don't know why so many are against this hire? Three of the last four coaches had been fired. We got a guy who is excited and hungry, something we wanted in a coach. I believe he is going to work his butt off. I also like how he is opening the doors to the former players. I guess I am in the minority but I think this hire is going to work.
It's U of A football, nothing is going to work. The best we can hope for is a team that averages 6 wins a season and makes an occasional bowl appearance. Anything else is just icing on a cake.
Spoken like a true Arizona and Lions football fan! :lol:
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

We're Arizona, not Alabama. The Tide is signing 20 of ESPN's top 300 players this year alone. Has Arizona even signed 20 top 300 players in the past 20 years combined?

While there might be a random year we have our best class ever, and USC has their worst, we're not going to out recruit SC. Yet, we need to compete with them every year. To do that, we need a coach who can coach 'em up. That could be Tomey finding a diamond in the rough who plays with his hair on fire, or RichRod getting specific type of our kind of guys to run an offense that will lead the league in yards. Either way, it's a coach taking players USC would never give the time of day and getting them ready to be able to beat the Trojans.

I ask with Fisch, what in his resume shows he has coached anyone up? What player or QB truly thrived under Fisch's tutelage? Who took a huge step back when Fisch left? Certainly won't be the Patriot QBs, who have a rating under 50 and a 1:2 TD to Int ratio this year!

Brennan took low rated classes at San Jose State, much lower than Boise, and Brennan made SJSU into a conference winning team. Much steeper and tougher to do the same at Arizona in the PAC, but it's the same, basic problems. Same obstacles. If Brennan can coach 'em up at San Jose, there's a decent chance he could do it at Arizona.

Fische needs superstar assistants who can coach 'em up, because I don't think Fisch is capable. And we need to hope these assistants stay long term. One weak link like Canales or Yates on the staff and then what?

I thought Sumlin was an awful hire. The exact opposite of what we need. Sumlin took top 25 classes and produced mediocre results. He came to Arizona and then took mediocre players and produced disastrous results. He coaches kids down, not up. It's why I thought Sumlin would be Mackovic 2.0, which unfortunately proved to be true. Fisch? I have even less faith in his ability.
Sid

Post by Sid »

His oldest daughter is a current student at Arizona. Okay, he does have that going for him....
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

His name rhymes with Dead Fish. I feel like it’s an omen.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Harvey Specter wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:22 pm
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:45 pm
I am not at all a fan of this hire (or the way the process was managed) for reasons already highlighted repeatedly in this thread.

But let’s take Matt Scott’s opinion in context, and acknowledge that he takes some serious poetic license in stating that he “played for” Fisch; more accurately, he “tried out for” him. To plagiarize his commentary “there is a reason Matt Scott never got so much as a cup of hot coffee in The League”.

There is plenty of data to protest this hire legitimately; no need for overreach - which is all this is.
Eh, I mean the bigger thing is Scott obviously doesn't care for him. I think you can try out for someone and atill like the guy even if you don't get the job.

I mean, compare those reactions to Fisch with Nick Starkel (who was at 3 colleges) talking about SJSU and Brennan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickStarkel/ ... 6821614592

Tell me who seems more like a guy who creates a good environment.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:10 pm
Those people are everywhere. You see it on Facebook..."well, Belichick said he was good."

Like they expect Arizona Athletics to spotlight quotes shitting on Fisch. There are plenty of those, but they're not gonna be put on FB by the athletic department.

Look, anything is possible, but there's no world in which Fisch is clearly the best candidate or anything other than Robbins's buddy. Look, if I was friends with Robbins, maybe he'd have hired me, but I wouldn't deserve it.

That's the bottom line for me. We didn't hire the best candidate. He could still succeed, but that fact isn't going to change.
Bootlickers tbh
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Again, Michigan fans seem to have loved the guy and miss him.