Jedd Fisch- Traveling Used Car Salesman / Coach For Hire

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Robert A Booey

Re: Jedd Fisch

Post by Robert A Booey »

He's killing it in recruiting. We're fourth in the Pac12 in 2022 in spite of coming off an 0-12 stretch.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Goddamn you Jedd Fisch for giving me hope…

“Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.”
- Red (The Shawshank Redemption)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Fisch is the greatest winless coach the UofA has ever had
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Robert A Booey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:51 am He's killing it in recruiting. We're fourth in the Pac12 in 2022 in spite of coming off an 0-12 stretch.
Not sure what to make of that. We have zero 4 stars and ranked ahead teams with several.

I'm cool with strong 3 stars though
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Chicat wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:32 am Goddamn you Jedd Fisch for giving me hope…

The very best movie of the 90's and arguably ever.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

AV8RCAT wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:08 pm
Robert A Booey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:51 am He's killing it in recruiting. We're fourth in the Pac12 in 2022 in spite of coming off an 0-12 stretch.
Not sure what to make of that. We have zero 4 stars and ranked ahead teams with several.

I'm cool with strong 3 stars though
We're ranked higher because of the total I believe. When it's all said and done I expect us to be just below middle in conference at best.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

I have more hope for this staff's "OKG's"

A new environment that looks fun and exciting. Some actual facilities. Respected, NFL pedigreed coaches everywhere, as shallow as it may be, with names like Carroll. Legendary, badass Wildcats coaching under an aggressive DC..... what's not to like?

Not from the traditional mold, but Fisch, more and more, is appearing the hotshot up and comer we have been looking for, only wiser, more media savvy, and with more experience under the finest.

For all I know, focus on alumni involvement etc, may have been stressed from above during the hiring process, regardless, he has fully embraced them as an asset, and I for one, think that's long overdue.

Success might lead to bigger opportunities, but I get a sense he and his staff, personally relish the challenge of building something special here first.

Some of these assistants probably could be making more money elsewhere, but they seem to think this is the place to be.

So do I. Season tix are cheap. Some nearly movie ticket cheap.

Shit, after 2020, and beyond, I can't wait to be in that stuffy stadium overpaying for a shitty hot dog and flat soda.

The band, the jumbotron, the cheerleaders and fireworks, the pageantry of CFB......

Anyone who can and isn't going to at least the first game...............Ehh, whatever... I'm not PHXCAT, but man, I don't have to be assured of reaching the promised land to think this is going to be a fun ride, and if we start winning big games 6-3, instead of bitching about no O, this time, I'll be high fiving the spirits of Larry Smith and Dick Tomey.

What? too dramatic?
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

Chicat wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:32 am Goddamn you Jedd Fisch for giving me hope…

We have heard all the hoopla and drank from the new coach Koolaid pitcher before. I keep going back to these write ups to keep my expectations grounded...perhaps they will help you if you are looking to do the same.

"This is a tremendous day for Arizona Football, and I am thrilled to welcome Kevin to our family," Arizona athletic director Dave Heeke said in a statement Sunday night. "He is a proven winner who will have an immediate impact on not only our football program but also on our department and University.

"An accomplished coach and an excellent recruiter, Kevin shares our vision and values and fits with who we are and who we want to be. His commitment to academics and to community service are a testament to his character. I have no doubt that Kevin will bring an exciting brand of football to Tucson and that championships will follow."

"I am humbled and honored to join the Arizona Family," Sumlin said in a statement. "With a strong foundation already in place, we will work quickly to assemble an elite coaching staff and immediately begin the work of establishing our culture, recruiting future Wildcats and connecting with Wildcats past and present."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... vin-sumlin

“We will win championships. We will graduate our players and they will contribute to the university in many ways while they are here. We will represent Arizona with class and pride. I want to thank President (Robert) Robbins and Dave Heeke for the opportunity to be a part of something special and I cannot wait to get started.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/1370744 ... ead-coach/

Fisch has taken steps that Sumlin didn't/wouldn't. Keeping the Wildcats family involved is a huge step. His enthusiasm and charisma seems to be winning small battles in the recruiting wars. Another huge step. I applaud him for accomplishing both. Truth is truth though. The product on the field hasn't proven itself yet and the bitterness of the hiring process still lingers with me. I need to see a W or 2 before I start holding out hope.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I don't think Sumlin really cared all that much. I think he was tired and this was just a warm place to rest. Fisch has something to prove, this is make it or break it time for him. Ricky Hunley and Chuck Cecil definitely have something to prove. Those guys aren't here because they have to be, they're here because they truly want to be. This is risky for them. Two beloved UofA football alums now coaching at their alma mater. If those two fail there is a lot more at stake personally for both of them. Fisch has done things that Sumlin and RR never bothered with. I even think those two were annoyed with the very idea of bringing alums together. This program is about to improve drastically. It won't be instantaneous but it will be faster than what Stoops did.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

A: “I think the coaching staff has done a wonderful job of building hype and getting people excited. We were actually spending some time with Jedd Fisch in San Diego, and I got a chance to sit down with him and talk to him about what’s going to happen this year and what he’s excited about. When you look at this football team, everybody’s young and has an opportunity to make their name. When you’re coming in as a young college athlete, that’s what you want — you want opportunity, and there is so much opportunity on this team right now, which is great, because everyone can compete and iron sharpens iron; that’s only going to make people better. Everyone, including myself, is very excited for this group.”

I’ll tell you what: My last season was in 2010 and there have been a few coaches since then, but none are like Coach Fisch. Nobody’s done what Coach Fisch has done. I’ve probably been on 10 Zoom calls with Coach Fisch, spent time with him at multiple events in person. I’ve spent more time with Coach Fisch than all the other coaches combined since my time there, so I think he’s doing a lot of great things. He hit the ground running and the community loves it, the alumni love it — and if you look at what he’s done for the players, I know the players love it as well. He’s doing all the right things.”

Quotes from Ricky Elmore which are interesting
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

It’s the hope that kills you
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Basketcats wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:18 am

We have heard all the hoopla and drank from the new coach Koolaid pitcher before. I keep going back to these write ups to keep my expectations grounded...perhaps they will help you if you are looking to do the same
But why? Embrace pessimism so as not to be disappointed? So what if I get disappointed? Nothing happens. I've survived a whole lot worse heartache than that. I'm not getting "I heart Fisch" tattooed on my willy or anything, but I've seen enough to spend less than 20 bucks per seat per game and get me on some football.....If we are allowed to.

Even the wait and see'ers think he has crushed about everything in his control that could be hoped for.

I've been doing this for over 30 years. I get it, believe me, but it's not the same this time. This time, for some of us, our smallest early investment has been personally earned.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Someone ought to be doing one of those "The Drive" documentaries or something, just in case this turns out to be a great story.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Going to be a very fun year. A little over a month to go
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Here’s my newfound hope for the Jedd Fisch era…

- Win more than we lose.
- Win or lose with dignity and toughness.
- Mold young men into college graduates & successful adults.
- Make the Wildcats a team you don’t want to play.

Everything else seems secondary at this point. If Jedd can do what I listed above, his hiring will be a success no matter how long he stays or whether we are competing for conference championships.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

We all like to win and it is necessary but it is great seeing kids having fun doing what they love. Losing can harm that and start the blame game so lets hope they have some success.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I believe in believe! Go cats, let’s shock the world.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

JF at media day said the Gronk stunt cost them 28k. The William Hill agency said the response they got from that would have cost them 30m using other media avenues.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Earned media is the best media.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Might have to start a Jedd Lasso twitter account.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

TheCat wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:56 am We all like to win and it is necessary but it is great seeing kids having fun doing what they love. Losing can harm that and start the blame game so lets hope they have some success.
My guess is that Fisch has written a detailed guide, created 4 videos and a power point presentation on how to deal with that.
As far as fan unrest, I think he has some time, as long as his team looks like they belong on the field. Wildcat nation was fairly patient with "compelling as a cinder block Stoops" the first couple of years, at least until they harangued him enough to burn Tuitama's redshirt. The fans were right on that one and it was a turning point.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

https://www.theunderdogpodcast.com/96-j ... d-football

Kind of a fun 30 minutes with CJF. He was destined to be at AZ after you hear the first 10 minutes of the interview
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I've listened to a number of Fisch interviews and he always comes off very good. He represents the school very well.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Fisch is doing all the right things now. I just hope it translates into a team that win or lose, fights 60 minutes and shows some Wildcat heart every game. Do that, and the wins will hopefully follow. But it's a long way from making practice fun and engaging the alumni to actually winning games. Charlie Weis got everyone excited at Kansas, and then won a total of 6 games in three years in Lawrence. One difference is, Weis was a retread, after turning Notre Dame into a mediocre team, and this is Fisch's big break. Fisch is hopefully hungry, whereas Weis? By the looks of it, he never went hungry.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I’m cool if Fisch uses us as a stepping stone to a better job. We’ll enjoy the ride.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wyo-cat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:35 pm I’m cool if Fisch uses us as a stepping stone to a better job. We’ll enjoy the ride.
I agree, although he better not lie to the press, ignore the team, and hit the red eye out of town like Larry Smith did. Took me a lot of years to get over that. If he would have that: yes, he was taking the USC job, said goodbye to the team, and thanked the press and the UA I would have wished him well. Hard to turn down USC as a coach or player.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Stepping stone after leading us barely above .500 in four years? Blech…

Stepping stone after changing around the entire culture and making us a surprise power on the west coast? Go forth and conquer my man…
Sid

Post by Sid »

God willing, he secures the (3) #juicecounty kids and if that miracle happens just go ahead and build him a fucking statue!
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

AV8RCAT wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:43 pm
Basketcats wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:18 am

We have heard all the hoopla and drank from the new coach Koolaid pitcher before. I keep going back to these write ups to keep my expectations grounded...perhaps they will help you if you are looking to do the same
But why? Embrace pessimism so as not to be disappointed? So what if I get disappointed? Nothing happens. I've survived a whole lot worse heartache than that. I'm not getting "I heart Fisch" tattooed on my willy or anything, but I've seen enough to spend less than 20 bucks per seat per game and get me on some football.....If we are allowed to.

Even the wait and see'ers think he has crushed about everything in his control that could be hoped for.

I've been doing this for over 30 years. I get it, believe me, but it's not the same this time. This time, for some of us, our smallest early investment has been personally earned.
It isn't pessimism. It is realism. There has been so many times over the past 40 years I have bought into the hype surrounding the football team and the majority of those times have ended with disappointing results. I am one of those "wait and see'ers". I acknowledged the good steps Fisch has taken. That doesn't not justify jumping into the deep end of the support pool though. As with everything surrounding my life, I need proof before I believe. He is unproven and until he (and the team) takes the field and proves they can produce a W or at least seriously compete against someone other than a D2 school, I will remain a skeptic.
Chicat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:05 pm Stepping stone after leading us barely above .500 in four years? Blech…

Stepping stone after changing around the entire culture and making us a surprise power on the west coast? Go forth and conquer my man…
This is another reason why I will not show support or hold out hope. It is time that the UofA finds a committed football coach and goes to great lengths to retain them. I don't want to see another Larry Smith thing happen. That situation was so gut-wrenching and painful from a fan perspective. That heartbreak and those dashed hopes still sting to this day. I fear that Fisch and his well worn shoes, will be on the first G6 to a "bigger and better" school is he even gets a whiff success at UofA.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I am buoyed by the hope that one, he wins big and we reward him monetarily. Two, his wife meant it when she said they love it here and she hopes her kids get to call Tucson home for a long time.she intimated 14 moves in 17 years was enough
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:50 am I am buoyed by the hope that one, he wins big and we reward him monetarily. Two, his wife meant it when she said they love it here and she hopes her kids get to call Tucson home for a long time.she intimated 14 moves in 17 years was enough
I don’t know anything about anything, but I’ve heard lots of coaches call lots of towns the place they want to raise their children in only to see them turn around and bolt at the first opportunity.

Wasn’t it Todd Graham who kept calling places his dream job? :lol:

But like I said, I don’t know anything about anything. I truly hope the Fisches love Tucson and call it home for a long time.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Agreed and it is the hope that kills us. Still as a fan it’s what I hope for and cling to until once again I am crushed and bitterly disappointed
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

I don't want another Larry Smith, who moves in the middle of the night leaving the school hanging. But I wouldn't mind a repeat of what Utah had with Urban Meyer. Just two great years, but left the program in great shape, in the capable hands of Whittingham. I doubt any coach could repeat what Meyer did at Utah in just two years at Arizona, but say in years 4 and 5, we win 20+ games, a school like Florida backs up a Brinks truck to entice Fisch, as long as everyone is honest about the process, ok.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

AV8RCAT wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:43 pm But why? Embrace pessimism so as not to be disappointed? So what if I get disappointed? Nothing happens. I've survived a whole lot worse heartache than that. I'm not getting "I heart Fisch" tattooed on my willy or anything, but I've seen enough to spend less than 20 bucks per seat per game and get me on some football.....If we are allowed to.

I totally agree with you that what Fisch has done in the honeymoon period from his hiring to a month before the first game is unprecedented. Like Lute Olson getting involved in little details like fan chants and what the band plays (and Larry Smith also did some of that kind of stuff), Fisch is taking ownership of things all the way down to the level of the DJ in the Zoo, and I think that involvement makes a difference for a lot of reasons. But, that gets tempered by the fact that he's got the players he's got right now, and he'll likely be constrained within a certain band of what he can do in recruiting as the coach of UArizona, just based on history. Mason, Tomey and Stoops got it going at a higher level at various times, and Fisch has them all beat, at least in terms of his personality. But, you can only go so far on promises, and then you've got to deliver on the field, which is impacted a lot for a few years by what the previous guy left you.

So, there's no "winning season and bowl game or bust" for this year. I understand fans being frustrated by starting over for the umpteenth time. But, that's where it's at, starting at square one and watching a program grow. A conspiracy buff might wonder about an administration firing everybody to take the heat off providing more resources to institutionalize winning, while they assume a nice fresh optimistic slate with the re-boot of new coaches. But we're at the level we're at in football, which is not a program that can plug in coaches and at least assume a winning season, as with basketball.

Watching the up-and-down sine wave isn't everybody's cup of tea. I like college football, supporting my alma mater, and watching the growth periods, almost like witnessing a child growing up. I've been at it for 47 years: Jim Young, Tony Mason, Larry Smith, Dick Tomey, John Mackovic, Mike Stoops, Rich Rodriguez, Kevin Sumlin, and now Jedd Fisch. I think most counseling types would agree that it would be pretty dumb to spend so much time in your leisure doing something you don't enjoy, so if that's the case for anybody, they should step away. Also, I don't think most successful and intelligent people need to have their eyes opened about the situation and current circumstances of Arizona football. And, if you choose to spend some time and money observing it, that's fine...your hobby doesn't have to make you money.

Anyway, that's how I see it, based on my experience and situation.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Can’t wait to see his play calls. His hero seems to be Spurrier and he has called him the greatest play caller ever and CJF will be calling our plays. I have high expectations that teams won’t know what’s coming and we will see some unique calls.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Basketcats wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:17 am It isn't pessimism. It is realism. There has been so many times over the past 40 years I have bought into the hype surrounding the football team and the majority of those times have ended with disappointing results. I am one of those "wait and see'ers". I acknowledged the good steps Fisch has taken. That doesn't not justify jumping into the deep end of the support pool though. As with everything surrounding my life, I need proof before I believe. He is unproven and until he (and the team) takes the field and proves they can produce a W or at least seriously compete against someone other than a D2 school, I will remain a skeptic.
Chicat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:05 pm Stepping stone after leading us barely above .500 in four years? Blech…

This is another reason why I will not show support or hold out hope. It is time that the UofA finds a committed football coach and goes to great lengths to retain them. I don't want to see another Larry Smith thing happen. That situation was so gut-wrenching and painful from a fan perspective. That heartbreak and those dashed hopes still sting to this day. I fear that Fisch and his well worn shoes, will be on the first G6 to a "bigger and better" school is he even gets a whiff success at UofA.
LOL, I get it. I've been doing this since I returned to AZ and watched the 85 Sun Bowl with some friends who were well connected to the local sports scene.
I was such an obsessed asshole, I used to vocally hope that Ronald Veal would get injured, so freshman Maalaulu would be the starter.
One time during the Stoops era, we had a 2 score lead on Oregon and they made a quick score after we got penalized for Foles re-passing a ball that bounced off someone straight back into his hands or something weird like that. I was listening while hurrying home to catch the last of the game on TV. I turned the radio off and when I got home...mind you, we were still ahead.... I didn't even turn the game on and went to bed not knowing what happened, but actually, I went to bed sure of exactly what happened, we blew it and I couldn't stand to watch it. I was right that time, but I later missed two amazing comebacks against Cal for leaving games early.

Still, I always bought into the hype, and got disappointed, but now, very little of my well being hinges on the fortunes of a sports team. I just deal with it and still try to enjoy the start of the season.

The difference this time, is that I have never seen anyone do so many things that in my opinion, position the program for success.
Someone here said something to the effect that it almost felt like Fisch was personally recruiting him as a fan.
I feel that way, so I bought some S. corner end zone seats, mostly for the evening shade. That's less than 20 bucks a person per game.
I think Fisch has earned that much from me and I just have a feeling that I don't want miss a thing.

Our head coach is an offense guy, but I predict one of the best one year defensive turnarounds you have ever seen.

I'm not quite as hard on Larry Smith. He didn't leave a smoking crater behind. I remember him being pissed about the crowd booing the team, and suggested people who do that to college kids should stay home and they did in droves. I remember him being booed at a charity run.
I also remember Dick Tomey saying that his family couldn't even come to games because of fan hostility. I was almost that shitty in my stupid years. We sure don't need fans like the younger me.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I'm on the same boat that AVR8CAT is. I know exactly where this team is now and know how far they have to go but for some reason, I just don't want to miss any of it. I don't always think hiring honored alums to coach is a good idea. Hunley and Cecil are already on just a high pedestal there is no where else up to go really. The only thing they can do is fail and knock the shine off. These are not simple minded folks and I think they know that. The fact that they're willing to risk greatly just to come back to coach is worth a couple of tickets at least. I want to see how our defense plays when they're actually coached. I don't think that's been done for a number of years. I'm looking forward to the ride, even if we crash. Bring it on.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

AV8RCAT wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:22 am
Basketcats wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:17 am It isn't pessimism. It is realism. There has been so many times over the past 40 years I have bought into the hype surrounding the football team and the majority of those times have ended with disappointing results. I am one of those "wait and see'ers". I acknowledged the good steps Fisch has taken. That doesn't not justify jumping into the deep end of the support pool though. As with everything surrounding my life, I need proof before I believe. He is unproven and until he (and the team) takes the field and proves they can produce a W or at least seriously compete against someone other than a D2 school, I will remain a skeptic.

LOL, I get it. I've been doing this since I returned to AZ and watched the 85 Sun Bowl with some friends who were well connected to the local sports scene.
I was such an obsessed asshole, I used to vocally hope that Ronald Veal would get injured, so freshman Maalaulu would be the starter.
One time during the Stoops era, we had a 2 score lead on Oregon and they made a quick score after we got penalized for Foles re-passing a ball that bounced off someone straight back into his hands or something weird like that. I was listening while hurrying home to catch the last of the game on TV. I turned the radio off and when I got home...mind you, we were still ahead.... I didn't even turn the game on and went to bed not knowing what happened, but actually, I went to bed sure of exactly what happened, we blew it and I couldn't stand to watch it. I was right that time, but I later missed two amazing comebacks against Cal for leaving games early.

Still, I always bought into the hype, and got disappointed, but now, very little of my well being hinges on the fortunes of a sports team. I just deal with it and still try to enjoy the start of the season.

The difference this time, is that I have never seen anyone do so many things that in my opinion, position the program for success.
Someone here said something to the effect that it almost felt like Fisch was personally recruiting him as a fan.
I feel that way, so I bought some S. corner end zone seats, mostly for the evening shade. That's less than 20 bucks a person per game.
I think Fisch has earned that much from me and I just have a feeling that I don't want miss a thing.

Our head coach is an offense guy, but I predict one of the best one year defensive turnarounds you have ever seen.

I'm not quite as hard on Larry Smith. He didn't leave a smoking crater behind. I remember him being pissed about the crowd booing the team, and suggested people who do that to college kids should stay home and they did in droves. I remember him being booed at a charity run.
I also remember Dick Tomey saying that his family couldn't even come to games because of fan hostility. I was almost that shitty in my stupid years. We sure don't need fans like the younger me.
The game you were talking about was actually against Washington in Seattle. Foles threw a pass and the ball hit the bottom of the receivers foot (could of hit the ground first) and grabbed by a Huskies defensive player, who ran it in for a touchdown.

I remember that Sun Bowl game versus Georgia. Max missed a last-second field goal and the game ended in a tie. I felt bad for Max because he had such a great career. The previous game he hit that 57-yarder against asu, as well as the game winner.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Irish27 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:05 pm

The game you were talking about was actually against Washington in Seattle. Foles threw a pass and the ball hit the bottom of the receivers foot (could of hit the ground first) and grabbed by a Huskies defensive player, who ran it in for a touchdown.

I remember that Sun Bowl game versus Georgia. Max missed a last-second field goal and the game ended in a tie. I felt bad for Max because he had such a great career. The previous game he hit that 57-yarder against asu, as well as the game winner.

You are both wrong. It was Cal:

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2 ... nick-foles
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ztonyg

Post by ztonyg »

UAEebs86 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:08 pm
Irish27 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:05 pm

You are both wrong. It was Cal:

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2 ... nick-foles
I don't post here much but I was going to say it most definitely was Cal. I was at the game watching it unfold and I couldn't believe it when it happened.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

My mistake. Pretty sure the game I was referring to was 2009 against Oregon and it eliminated us from the Rose bowl race. I just got some incidents tangled up in my memory.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Here is the game I was thinking about, https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... shaun-dean

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Was that the same game where we stripped their running back on a screen but somehow they called it incomplete upon review even though he caught it then turned up field? IIRC there was no camera angle to show he bobbled it. Was called a catch and fumble on the field.
Early in the game I believe.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So Chuck Cecil in his one on one with reporters said that Fisch raised the 6m to redo the weight room and put in the barber shop and to do the other upgrades since he arrived.

That is amazing and really shows he is pouring his heart into the program. Not sure who the donors were but he did an amazing job selling his vision
azgreg

Post by azgreg »