Fuck asu

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Fuck asu

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Dumpster fire is right. How is Herm still the coach?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

84Cat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:40 am Dumpster fire is right. How is Herm still the coach?
Who could they get to take over? They had to literally scrape the bottom of the barrel to find an OC.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Mom wants to live closer to Antonio so I have to think UNLV is the odds on favorite to land Jayden.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That's a shame.

I want to pound their dumpster fire ass next year.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:41 am
84Cat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:40 am Dumpster fire is right. How is Herm still the coach?
Who could they get to take over? They had to literally scrape the bottom of the barrel to find an OC.
They can't find their own Jedd Lasso? Maybe they need to consulate with Bobby Bobbins :lol:
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Daniels leaving actually helps asu. Now the Alabama transfer will step in and play.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Man... I believe "Dumpster Fire" as noted by others, is the correct term. Could ASU be in for, let's say, a 3-9 season now as half of everyone up there has either quit the team or are cannibalizing each other.

Herm - where are you?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That video of those players cleaning out his locker is not good.

That program defies logic. Herm was supposed to stand for something seemingly good and there is nothing but corruption, lies and deceit. Not sure what parent would want to send their kid to play at ASSU
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Every program has embarrassing scandals and moments where it feels like the world is caving in. I will never forget walking around NYC in a daze after I saw the, now known to be fake, story about Miller paying Ayton. But man ASU just always has to take it to another level don't they? I like how their fans are justifying this. Guys, your players are on video trashing their former teammate's locker!! How is that a good look at all and project anything but complete chaos inside your program?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

MountainCat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:01 pm Could ASU be in for, let's say, a 3-9 season now as half of everyone up there has either quit the team or are cannibalizing each other.
I'll take the under.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

gronk4heisman wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:15 pm
MountainCat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:01 pm Could ASU be in for, let's say, a 3-9 season now as half of everyone up there has either quit the team or are cannibalizing each other.
I'll take the under.
Well... I originally typed for them to have a 1-11 season, but had to give them a bit better record (we were pretty bad last season).

Now with that for consideration, let's put the over/under at 2-10 then. The bigger question now is, at what point will Herm get booted

- before the season?
- during the season?
- after the season?
- or the day after the Athletic President is canned?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’ve heard two different reporters from national sites use the term “dumpster fire”.

Gave me a chubby…
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I had to explain to my wife what the term dumpster fire meant last night when I was talking about the Scummies FB program. :)
-JB
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Irish27 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:55 am Daniels leaving actually helps asu. Now the Alabama transfer will step in and play.
Can't agree with the first part of that. Paul Tyson is a former 4-star 6-4, 215 drop-back passer from a suburb of Birmingham who completed his first collegiate passes last season as Bryce Young's backup. He went 10 of 16 for 150 yards. Surrounded by Alabama personnel. And we don't know if he left voluntarily or was nudged out, as we've seen with some of Arizona's former players during Jedd Fisch's house-cleaning. Alabama's great, and he was their barely used backup QB. But, we've got a lot of guys in our QB room, too. He would have definitely been nice depth behind Daniels to bring along as maybe the heir-apparent. But, when you lose the experience of a three year starter who can win games by himself with his legs, and you're forced to go all-in for a solid citizen type who needs to be a cog in a machine surrounded by talent, I don't think you can say the second scenario is better than the first one.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

MountainCat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:01 pm Man... I believe "Dumpster Fire" as noted by others, is the correct term. Could ASU be in for, let's say, a 3-9 season now as half of everyone up there has either quit the team or are cannibalizing each other.
Devils will open the season beating Northern Arizona and Eastern Michigan, but after that, they could very well lose the rest of the way. Herm will be a lame duck, assistants are proven nothings, roster will just be going through the motions.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I think Scheer means against NCAA rules.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You’re going to concentrate on getting players ready for the NFL? Whoa! Revolutionary!!! I’m sure no other program is doing that…
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

:D :lol:
rabidjavelinas
There it is folks. These guys have such contempt for all of us fans. Scumbags. I hope those fired coaches sue the hell out of ASU and win. Does MCC have a football team still?? I will take my money there.
https://247sports.com/college/arizona-s ... 28/?page=1
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

This is all such a shame. It's so much better for ASU to be strong and our rivalry competitive.....or..... I hope we beat them 100-0, their std riddled cheerleaders collapse into an apoplectic heap, our coach punches theirs in the mouth at the post game, all the toilets in their stadium back up and spew raw sewage, Vontaze Burflict's car horn gets stuck on while driving behind a 1%er biker gang.

And then I hope their program gets SMUed.

Or...I couldn't care less what goes on up there. I have no interest in them beyond one day per year.

I just hope their next FB coach is as hateable as Bobby Hurley.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Dumpster fires are fun to watch, like car chases. Unless, of course, it's your dumpster on fire, or car being chased.

Not sure what Crow was trying to do with his statement? If Herm knew what was going on and participated, as suggested, he's guilty, and should be fired. If Herm didn't know, he should have known, is still guilty, and the NCAA can still hold him accountable. So why make any statements about Herm's guilt or innocence at all at this time?

Frankly, I don't care. I'm happy they still currently have Herm. The longer he's there, the bigger the dumpster fire, and more enjoyable a collapse to watch from afar.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

:lol:
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

From the AZ Republic: Arizona State football predicted to win just three games in 2022 season: 'A disaster'

Trevor Allen slammed ASU in his write up: "Arizona State is a disaster," he wrote. "Nearly the entire coaching staff has either left or was fired. Their starting QB just left the program. On top of that, they signed the lowest recruiting class in the Pac-12. It’s going to be a tough year in Tempe and I think it’s the last season under Herm Edwards."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 222234001/
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's a shame
-JB
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:32 am From the AZ Republic: Arizona State football predicted to win just three games in 2022 season: 'A disaster'

Trevor Allen slammed ASU in his write up: "Arizona State is a disaster," he wrote. "Nearly the entire coaching staff has either left or was fired. Their starting QB just left the program. On top of that, they signed the lowest recruiting class in the Pac-12. It’s going to be a tough year in Tempe and I think it’s the last season under Herm Edwards."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 222234001/
Same guy says we are going 5-7 and that we will beat the scum
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

In an interview this week with 247 Sports, Jayden Daniels responded to former ASU teammates trashing his locker after his untimely transfer to LSU:

“I always enjoyed my time at Arizona State. I love coach Herm and those guys over there, but just for my career, my future, I decided to go somewhere else just so I can reach into that untapped potential. They did a great job at ASU, but coming here to LSU, I get to showcase my talent on a national stage. A lot of people back home don’t really get to see our games. Coming here and competing at the highest level with all these weapons here and all these resources, it’s really intriguing for me.”

The “untapped potential” comment takes its cue from Brian Kelly who during press conferences last month criticized Arizona State’s development of Daniels:

“I think he brings more than extending plays, actually. He was in an offensive structure and system which was really built towards ball control this past year, playing to a very good defense. We think that there’s a lot that has not been tapped into with his ability to be a dual-threat quarterback. He’s got arm talent, he’s got a high I.Q. and he can run the football. He’s a talented runner of the football. He wasn’t asked to do that (at Arizona State). He was more of an extender of plays. We think there is much more to that than what he’s brought over the last couple of years.”

As someone who watches the majority of ASU games, I agree with Brian Kelly. ASU’s coaches didn't improve Daniels’ play a single bit; he was the same QB from freshman year to last year, and maybe even a regressed passer.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

F ASSU. Couldn’t care less about how they used him Past the fact recruits should stay away from that cesspool
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

So much for little Napoleon Crow's great model: Have a figurehead for a head coach who delegates to underlings who get hired and fired, but you keep the appearance of continuity, and the figurehead has plausible deniability of their actions. No, the players bond with their position coach, and as we experienced with Sean Miller, the NCAA and media hold the head coach accountable. Period. And Herm is guilty as hell and will pay the price, regardless of how much Crow whistles past the graveyard. Hurley's another dead man walking, and both were hired by Ray Anderson. Anybody want to buy stock in the featured teams of the athletic program of "the new American university"? So now at QB, great, they got an unused discard from Nick Saban, and a kid who played QB at Salpointe. Absolutely terrifying.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Sun Devils Athletics office is emailing out their "2022 Football Pitchfork Mini Plans:"

"Mini Plans are Now Available for the 2022 Campaign! Now is a great time to lock in your seats for the 2022 season with your choice of a three-game mini plans starting at just $99. The Sun Devil Plan includes home games against NAU, Utah and Oregon State while the Pitchfork Plan includes matchups with Eastern Michigan, Washington, and UCLA. We can’t wait to see you at Sun Devil Stadium this fall for another exciting season of Sun Devil Football!"
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Haha, fuck ASU. Enjoy the long slow slide to Shitville.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

How great would it be if Gentry came here. I am sure he would get the NIL money he can't get at asu.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

It's weird that ASU had no problem with their coaches sleeping with players moms and using their credits cards to illegally pay for recruits in person trips during a Pandemic lockdown.....but the NIL, which is totally legal, is a bridge too far.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Love this coming from someone who constantly tweets 70-7, is known to owe money all over town and got kicked out of his bar's original location for not paying rent for over a year and used to have a I'm Allergic To Tucson shirt in their bio
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

And the asu football program continues to swirl down the toilet:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

We still have a monumental hill to climb to respectability but ASU is setting the stage to be an absolute doormat for the next 3-4 years at least.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's a shame
-JB
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UofAlum05 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:18 am It's weird that ASU had no problem with their coaches sleeping with players moms and using their credits cards to illegally pay for recruits in person trips during a Pandemic lockdown.....but the NIL, which is totally legal, is a bridge too far.
Who was it at ASU so opposed to the NIL deal? Why? Chatter has it that either Crow or Ray A himself didn't like it and stated as much, but I really find any such quotes.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

PHXCATS wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:55 pm Love this coming from someone who constantly tweets 70-7, is known to owe money all over town and got kicked out of his bar's original location for not paying rent for over a year and used to have a I'm Allergic To Tucson shirt in their bio
Never surprising when somebody who stomps around with all the "I'm a big baller" bullshit turns out to be as thin-skinned as Pee Wee Herman. Son of ASU's honk radio guy, and any claim to fame is a slobbering ASU podcast, as though that's hard to set up. When you let your ego be intertwined with a bad commuter school with an unprovable (Innovation ... really?) competency and mediocre sports teams, that's the result of poor decision-making.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

And another Rat jumps ship
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Another NIL casualty
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

dmjcat wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:10 am And another Rat jumps ship
Hard to keep track of how many players are leaving ASU week by week.

Picking up after the loss of WR Bunkley-Shelton, their starting DT Jermayne Lole is out the door ALONG with a 4 star OL from their 2021 signing class Ezra Dotson-Oyetade. And also in the last day, another lineman has suddenly entered the portal - DT Omarr-Norman Lott. Sun Devils are left very thin at WR and DT.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They have to get in the portal or else they lose any leverage for NIL money.

It shows how impressive our program has been in keeping players and launching the friends of wilbur and Wilma program when ASSU says they would not be a player in that space. Once again we have drug them along with us
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

The rather hilarious spin is that "the players we have transferring in are better than the ones who transferred out", which is believed by...exactly nobody. A complete canard in terms of both numbers and quality. Their situation is a very well-deserved wide-open carotid artery. So Crow folding his arms and holding his breath with Edwards to wait out the NCAA has resulted in...this. It's true that nobody is immune from a mass exodus under the current rules, but it's also undeniable that the overall circumstances of the rules have been both beneficial to us and now horrifically detrimental to them. A year ago, it wouldn't have seemed possible to have had such a high speed double reversal of fortunes, but it's happened. Doesn't mean we'll have more wins than they do or that we'll prevail in the November head-to-head, but it seems likely that it'll at least be close in both cases.