Fuck asu

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Fuck asu

Post by azcat49 »

Yep got that today at the office. I said it was for the 4 FF's we have been too. I said they are U-0, history is what it is point shaving U
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

azcat49 wrote:Yep got that today at the office. I said it was for the 4 FF's we have been too. I said they are U-0, history is what it is point shaving U
So do we call them PSU-0?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

MountainCat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Yep got that today at the office. I said it was for the 4 FF's we have been too. I said they are U-0, history is what it is point shaving U
So do we call them PSU-0?

It wouldn't be fair via that acronym to compare a school to that disgusting university.

Penn State deserves better than that.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I remind them that hardens recruitment was more blatant
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASU was number “too big to fit in 140 characters”.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Fuck 'em
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Out of the South title race with Graham back on the hot seat after tonight.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Getting smoked tonight.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Good to see ASU brought back to earth
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is up with the Scum’s unis? Are they milking the Pat Tillman thing again?
prh

Post by prh »

wyo-cat wrote:Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is up with the Scum’s unis? Are they milking the Pat Tillman thing again?
That implies they ever stopped. That's pretty much the only thing their program is known for nationally now, and it's their own doing.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

FYI looks like Tempe got the sweet 1pm game on the road vs OSU the week before the territorial cup.....Arizona will probably play anytime between 6-845pm. Basically lose a full day.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Gilbertcat wrote:FYI looks like Tempe got the sweet 1pm game on the road vs OSU the week before the territorial cup.....Arizona will probably play anytime between 6-845pm. Basically lose a full day.
I see what you are saying but that is also a big F U to the asu team as Fox and ESPN picked their top 4 options for games that week and were not selected.

Options are
1:30 or 6 on ABC
2 or 6 on Fox or FS1
8:45 on ESPN
5 on PAC-12

My guess is 2 on FS1

ABC gets USC UCLA
ESPN gets Stanford v Cal
PAC-12 gets Utah v Washington
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

If UA wins big I think Oregon vs Arizona is a bigger draw than Utah and Washington, especially if Utah loses to WSU this weekend
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Yay. It's on the pac 12 network but it is a 5pm AZ start next week.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Scummies lost to the bRuins. That’s a good thing.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

My ASU coworker was telling me that the AD put a temporary halt on the stadium renovations a few months ago. I guess the renovations are the disaster that several on this board initially predicted?
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

CatsbyAZ wrote:My ASU coworker was telling me that the AD put a temporary halt on the stadium renovations a few months ago. I guess the renovations are the disaster that several on this board initially predicted?
You can't polish a turd.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

It happens all the time with well thought out and funded construction projects...not!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Fuck asu
97cats

Post by 97cats »

f*ck ASU
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck Glen Gable and fuck ASU
-JB
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Man I remember that play. Dirty as hell. I just said the other day that Tate is our best on field leader since Eafon. We missed him most in the 99 season. Talent was there but we had no leadership
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Video of the ASU rugby player that kicked our Doug Neary

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/3690 ... te-athlete" target="_blank
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Jefe wrote:Video of the ASU rugby player that kicked our Doug Neary

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/3690 ... te-athlete" target="_blank
Brutal.

And not at all surprising that it's an ASU player taking the cheap shot. Can the accused plead for leniency because he attends ASU?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jesus. UA player had to have a plate put in with 6 screws. Apparently still pending trial. ASU player was "homeless", but I guess he has 3 hots and a cot now.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He’s looking to the heavens, wondering why God didn’t warn him that ASU and herpes are similar in that they taint you as damaged goods for the rest of your life.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Someone’s triggered!

:lol:
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Yep, he is triggered for sure, lmao. I can’t honestly believe they are happier that they have Herm because they couldn’t land Sumlin. Aw, rejection is a cruel mistress, lmao.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That's some A grade deflection and jealousy there.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Bangkok Wildcat

I’m still shocked about Sumlin.....When his name was thrown about for ASU, I was depressed....thought for sure they’d land him and it would be a nightmare for us. Instead, looks like he spurned them yet again (unless there’s other info out there to the contrary) and got Herm Edwards instead.....I don’t know how they blew this BUT it’s going to be fun to watch this play out.

Oh, and F*ck ASU!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote: Someone’s triggered!

I've been jawing with that guy a bit today. For some reason he won't comment on Edwards coaching record.
Bangkok Wildcat

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... rm-edwards

Arizona State had a 38-day head start, but Arizona hired the better college football coach

On Nov. 26, Arizona State fired pretty good coach Todd Graham for no clear reason. He’d just beaten Arizona and finished second in the Pac-12 South, despite being picked to finish fifth, with a winning record and two ranked finishes through six years.

Other things that happened for no clear reason included ASU not hiring Kevin Sumlin, (who was fired days earlier by Texas A&M), ASU attempting to retain all of Graham’s coaching staff, and ASU topping that staff with Herm Edwards, the long-dormant NFL coach whose only connection to the Sun Devils was via AD Ray Anderson, whom Edwards used to employ as an agent. It’s yet to make sense.

Thirty-eight days after Graham’s firing, rival Arizona was also in a coaching search after Rich Rodriguez’s exit. The Wildcats hired Sumlin.

Here’s a fact, until proved otherwise: Arizona hired a better college football coach, despite ASU having a 38-day head start. Sumlin has an 86-43 career record, including four bowl wins and a top-five finish back during the Johnny Manziel era. He trended toward the middle of the SEC West, but don’t we all? His Aggies regularly had strong recruiting classes, and he’s reportedly bringing veteran college OC Noel Mazzone and the versatile Clarence McKinney to his staff in Tucson. Normal college football stuff!

Meanwhile, Edwards lost both of those coordinators he’d installed and spent part of the rush to the Early Signing Day in Connecticut still working for ESPN.

This is college football, where any astounding thing can happen, so the Edwards hire might somehow work. But I don’t see how there’s any way to argue ASU came out ahead in this cycle of transactions, especially now that Arizona’s hired a coach who’s spent a long time recruiting high school football players and winning college football games.
Bangkok Wildcat

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote: Someone’s triggered!

I've been jawing with that guy a bit today. For some reason he won't comment on Edwards coaching record.
Yeah, I had a brief exchange with him until I realized I was exchanging with an immature, juvenile child. Additionally, not a very intelligent individual there. Poor kid had to settle for an ASU education.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... rm-edwards

Arizona State had a 38-day head start, but Arizona hired the better college football coach

On Nov. 26, Arizona State fired pretty good coach Todd Graham for no clear reason. He’d just beaten Arizona and finished second in the Pac-12 South, despite being picked to finish fifth, with a winning record and two ranked finishes through six years.

Other things that happened for no clear reason included ASU not hiring Kevin Sumlin, (who was fired days earlier by Texas A&M), ASU attempting to retain all of Graham’s coaching staff, and ASU topping that staff with Herm Edwards, the long-dormant NFL coach whose only connection to the Sun Devils was via AD Ray Anderson, whom Edwards used to employ as an agent. It’s yet to make sense.

Thirty-eight days after Graham’s firing, rival Arizona was also in a coaching search after Rich Rodriguez’s exit. The Wildcats hired Sumlin.

Here’s a fact, until proved otherwise: Arizona hired a better college football coach, despite ASU having a 38-day head start. Sumlin has an 86-43 career record, including four bowl wins and a top-five finish back during the Johnny Manziel era. He trended toward the middle of the SEC West, but don’t we all? His Aggies regularly had strong recruiting classes, and he’s reportedly bringing veteran college OC Noel Mazzone and the versatile Clarence McKinney to his staff in Tucson. Normal college football stuff!

Meanwhile, Edwards lost both of those coordinators he’d installed and spent part of the rush to the Early Signing Day in Connecticut still working for ESPN.

This is college football, where any astounding thing can happen, so the Edwards hire might somehow work. But I don’t see how there’s any way to argue ASU came out ahead in this cycle of transactions, especially now that Arizona’s hired a coach who’s spent a long time recruiting high school football players and winning college football games.
I don't disagree with the article, save for the bolded part above. Herm Edwards did not install the coordinators. Ray Anderson attempted to retain Billy Napier and Phil Bennett as OC and DC respectively , a move anyone with a modicum of common sense knew would never work out.
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

This is an AWESOME thread!
FUCK assu!

Sumlin was a great hire and he will curb stomp sperm and devils!
Great hire, really wished he would have worked out for us, but really glad he landed at UA! BEAR DOWN!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

TX AGGIE wrote:This is an AWESOME thread!
FUCK assu!

Sumlin was a great hire and he will curb stomp sperm and devils!
Great hire, really wished he would have worked out for us, but really glad he landed at UA! BEAR DOWN!
I like this guy. Gig Em.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Brady White, the QB with the most upside on ASU's roster, transfers to Memphis for his last year of eligibility.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:Brady White, the QB with the most upside on ASU's roster, transfers to Memphis for his last year of eligibility.
How do Manny Wilkins and White have the same eligibility left? I thought there was a year difference?
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

btfd16 wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:Brady White, the QB with the most upside on ASU's roster, transfers to Memphis for his last year of eligibility.
How do Manny Wilkins and White have the same eligibility left? I thought there was a year difference?
They don't. Brady White has two years of eligibility left.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azgreg wrote:
Have met her 3 or 4 times. Very knowledgeable and nice. Bad foresight in that one article
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

You've got to be fucking kidding me.
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Well, she did say "the gap is closing" between UA and ASU basketball about 7 or 8 years ago. She was just ahead of her time. :D
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Have met her 3 or 4 times. Very knowledgeable and nice. Bad foresight in that one article
Machina likes Paola Boivin more than Sean Miller... why am I not surprised?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Machina likes Paola Boivin more than Sean Miller... why am I not surprised?
Unlike Arizona Athletics, Paola shows Phoenix the deference and respect it rightfully deserves.
Bangkok Wildcat

UAEebs86 wrote:You've got to be fucking kidding me.
Hey UAE, I heartily second that sentiment!!! What a joke...smh.