Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Re: Coach Rod

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:What other Power 5 coach is at the end of year 6 and has a 24-30 conference record and is still employed? Todd Graham, who was fired, had a 31-23 conference record after 6 seasons at ASU. Arizona is setting a dangerous and embarrassing precedent. Heeke is weakie and so is the fan base. Sack up Arizona. You’re better than this.
Lol Heeke is weakie. He's gotta find some donors who give a flying fuck about football enough to pay millions for a guy to go away.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

How about a friendly wager between the RR Haters and Believers? Let's say if RR gets 9 regular season wins or better next year, the haters have to add "I am a RR Hater and an ignoramus" to their signature and leave it there for 1 year, if he gets 7 regular season wins or less, the Believers have to do the same but replace "Hater" with "Believer." We'll call 8 regular season wins a draw.

If you are in, simply quote this message and let us know which camp you are in. ;)
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

UALoco wrote:How about a friendly wager between the RR Haters and Believers? Let's say if RR gets 9 regular season wins or better next year, the haters have to add "I am a RR Hater and an ignoramus" to their signature and leave it there for 1 year, if he gets 7 regular season wins or less, the Believers have to do the same but replace "Hater" with "Believer." We'll call 8 regular season wins a draw.

If you are in, simply quote this message and let us know which camp you are in. ;)
Believer
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Is this 2005?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Believer
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

:lol: :lol: I can't believe this kid
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

UALoco wrote:How about a friendly wager between the RR Haters and Believers? Let's say if RR gets 9 regular season wins or better next year, the haters have to add "I am a RR Hater and an ignoramus" to their signature and leave it there for 1 year, if he gets 7 regular season wins or less, the Believers have to do the same but replace "Hater" with "Believer." We'll call 8 regular season wins a draw.

Good bet.

"Critic".
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Well, I am neither a hater nor a believer. I guess at this point, I am a "show me" person. Some serious miscues over the past years in staff selection and recruiting. But RR is our coach next year and I hope he is tremendously successful, because that would mean that our team is tremendously successful.

So I am not going to whine and piss and moan. I am just going to hope for future success for our coach and for our team.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

We got 2 believers and 0 haters so far. Some folks are "all talk."
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

UALoco wrote:We got 2 believers and 0 haters so far. Some folks are "all talk."
Or most folks just aren't juvenile enough to take place in a bet that grade schoolers would make.

In general though obviously most here are critics and not haters. I've already said I could very well see RR win 9 games next year and still get let go. That's not hating, that's viewing it from a business perspective. Heeke has two options after next season and it's fire RR or extend him. Attendance will make that decision for him IMO.

If you want to debate that I'll be your Huckleberry. If you want to continue being juvenile you're on your own bud.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

no shit. what dumb ass posts. like i said is this 2005 and you're a 12 year old online?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

There is no need for such a "bet" as anyone who has already outed themselves as a RR "believer" has already publicly admitted to being an ignoramus and simpleton.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I have viewing signatures turned off, and have going back years at the TOS. So that bet wouldn't even pertain to me.

The chances of Tate getting injured are really high, and with Dawkins likely to bail there will be no experienced QBs to back him up. Although Dawkins is not an elite backup QB by any means.

JJ Taylor is very tiny, so not an ever down back. Hopefully Tilford is as good as we thought he was going to be out of high school, but still only got Special Teams minutes, even with Wilson hurt.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

I took your bet... I just don't use your same terminology. I'd prefer "sycophant" or "dogmatist" and "critic" or "skeptic". I am the latter and you are the former.

Not sure how I will survive the onslaught from all 2 of you on the other side of this one... but I'll try to manage.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Harvey Specter wrote:
I took your bet... I just don't use your same terminology. I'd prefer "sycophant" or "dogmatist" and "critic" or "skeptic". I am the latter and you are the former.

Not sure how I will survive the onslaught from all 2 of you on the other side of this one... but I'll try to manage.
Ok, critic, fine. I accept those terms.

It is funny that some folks choose criticize this friendly wager and want to call names, "juvenile," etc. I find it ironic that it those criticisms come from folks who have posted thousands of times, and in some cases, 10's of thousands of times, to pontificate on college sports. There are many who would consider that "juvenile" and a total waste of time.

As of now we have 2 believers and 1, let's say, non-believer.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

scumdevils86 wrote:no shit. what dumb ass posts. like i said is this 2005 and you're a 12 year old online?
what a dick post, just move along.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

ASUHATER! wrote:There is no need for such a "bet" as anyone who has already outed themselves as a RR "believer" has already publicly admitted to being an ignoramus and simpleton.
another dick post, move along
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

If you can't see how juvenile and frankly stupid your line in the sand hot takes are in regards to qualifying fandom then you're beyond help.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I'm in. Believer.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

UALoco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:There is no need for such a "bet" as anyone who has already outed themselves as a RR "believer" has already publicly admitted to being an ignoramus and simpleton.
Says a guy who made a stupid dick post about whatever dumb bet you're trying to do.

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

ASUHATER! wrote:
UALoco wrote:
Says a guy who made a stupid dick post about whatever dumb bet you're trying to do.
10k + dick posts by this guy, move along
Last edited by UALoco on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

scumdevils86 wrote:If you can't see how juvenile and frankly stupid your line in the sand hot takes are in regards to qualifying fandom then you're beyond help.
I don't see it, move along.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I'm in just to prove a point. No way the Cats can win 9.

Realist.

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Believers
PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)

Anyone else want to humor me?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UALoco wrote:Believers
PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)

Is there an indifferent group?
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)

Is there an indifferent group?
Always..this is an Arizona Sports board. :lol:
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I don't think you have to be an ignoramus to think we might get 9 wins and I hope we do.

On the other hand, I can see how some might think we won't get to 9 but I'm convinced some here are hoping we won't just to justify their point of view or to give themselves some self gratification.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

carcassdragger wrote: but I'm convinced some here are hoping we won't
That's not true at all, we all want the Cats to win.

Some of us just realize that RichRod is just cruising, and won't get us to the promised land. Cats are one player away from disaster, and that's all on RichRod.

Some Cat fans are fine with mediocrity, others aren't. I have been waiting for a Rose Bowl appearance by the Cats since I was a freshman in 1981. 36 years I have been waiting.

Some of us don't have that many years left.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

carcassdragger wrote:I don't think you have to be an ignoramus to think we might get 9 wins and I hope we do.

On the other hand, I can see how some might think we won't get to 9 but I'm convinced some here are hoping we won't just to justify their point of view or to give themselves some self gratification.
Absolutely no one on this board has ever thought such it thing or will ever think it. We'd all be delighted with that many wins and all hope it happens... but us realistic ones know that RR is a dumpster fire and a failure.

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

UALoco wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

It is funny that some folks choose criticize this friendly wager and want to call names, "juvenile," etc. I find it ironic that it those criticisms come from folks who have posted thousands of times, and in some cases, 10's of thousands of times, to pontificate on college sports. There are many who would consider that "juvenile" and a total waste of time.

I think it is a fun bet, otherwise I would not have done it.

I hope I lose... but obviously would not have made the bet if I thought I would. I'll over-deliver on my payment if we somehow won 10+ games and the conference.

You're a good poster who tries to be a positive Cat fan without pontificating... I would love to see things the same way you do with RR & FB. I just don't.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

UALoco wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

What an absolute dog shit post. "I'm not juvenile, you're the one that's juvenile, because you post more on this website than I do."

Thumbs up buddy, have fun with your cool super duper bet.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:
carcassdragger wrote: but I'm convinced some here are hoping we won't
That's not true at all, we all want the Cats to win.

Some of us just realize that RichRod is just cruising, and won't get us to the promised land. Cats are one player away from disaster, and that's all on RichRod.

Some Cat fans are fine with mediocrity, others aren't. I have been waiting for a Rose Bowl appearance by the Cats since I was a freshman in 1981. 36 years I have been waiting.

Some of us don't have that many years left.
Yep.

There's only one way Arizona wins 9 games or more next season and that's if Khalil Tate is fully mobile for the vast majority of the year and is able to utilize his entire skill set. With the offensive system we run with Tate as our QB the likelihood of that occurring is astronomical. There's no quality back up behind Khalil, so if he has to miss any game(s) then you can pretty much count those as a loss unless it's against Southern Utah. As Merkin said above we are one player getting tweaked in any way shape or form from disaster and the style we play makes it just about an absolute certainty that that'll happen at some point. I want nothing more than for that player to stay healthy and be fully capable all year, but good luck to that happening.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

carcassdragger wrote: I'm convinced some here are hoping we won't just to justify their point of view or to give themselves some self gratification.
Politics in 2017
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:I don't think you have to be an ignoramus to think we might get 9 wins and I hope we do.

Absolutely no one on this board has ever thought such it thing or will ever think it. We'd all be delighted with that many wins and all hope it happens... but us realistic ones know that RR is a dumpster fire and a failure.
And somehow that dumpsters fire you mention manage to turnaround season from negative to positive? Where the fire and failure in a turnaround season from 3-9 to 7-5? Keep hating & doubting. That what your good at.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Believer
Mike Luke's burner account.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

KillerKlown wrote:Believer
Neither. Confidence in the football program going forward under RR, Instead of listening to a bunch of Idiots that think this is a joke and fun and game.

It either your a Haters or A Doubters.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Believers
PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2
KillerKlown

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I'm in.

Rich Rod Critic/Realist/Hater

I would love for us to win 9 games next year. I don't see it happening.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sounds like a fun little game you got going here.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Believers
PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2
KillerKlown

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)
WildcatSunner(Critic,Realist, Hater)

This is my 1000th post. I gotta get a life. :lol:
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

So dumb. Please stop embarrassing yourself.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2
KillerKlown

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)

You forgot azgreg, who is indifferent, yet probably already cracking one for next season.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:
PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2
KillerKlown

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)

You forgot azgreg, who is indifferent, yet probably already cracking one for next season.
Me thinks I'm beginning to get a bit of a reputation around here.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

azgreg wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2
KillerKlown

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)

I don't know what the bet would be for an "Indifferent." Does that mean that if Arizona wins 9 games or more, Indifferent loses?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UALoco wrote:
azgreg wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2
KillerKlown

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)

I don't know what the bet would be for an "Indifferent." Does that mean that if Arizona wins 9 games or more, Indifferent loses?
I've reached the point with Arizona football where I don't give a shit if RR stays or goes. I'll cheer on the kids but don't expect much. Like Merkin I've been following the Cats since the early 80's and have enjoyed a total of 12 seasons of 8 wins or more. Every time I start to get really excited about the team Lucy pulls the ball away.....again.....
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

scumdevils86 wrote:So dumb. Please stop embarrassing yourself.
message board tough guy
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

azgreg wrote:
UALoco wrote:
azgreg wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
PHXCATS
UALoco
tgrumpy2
KillerKlown

Non-Believers
Harvey Specter (Critic)
Merkin (Realist)

I've reached the point with Arizona football where I don't give a shit if RR stays or goes. I'll cheer on the kids but don't expect much. Like Merkin I've been following the Cats since the early 80's and have enjoyed a total of 12 seasons of 8 wins or more. Every time I start to get really excited about the team Lucy pulls the ball away.....again.....
yep. this is where I'm at for the most part as well. although i've only been watching games for 15-16 years. we'll just win 6.9 games a year on average forever like we always have since we joined the pac 10/12. RR sucks but he probably isn't going anywhere for a while. i follow the team but it isn't the end all be all like some of the freaks we have here who think RR is a god.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I'm a believer......In Arizona's next coach.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

chiefzona wrote:I'm a believer......In Arizona's next coach.
Sure, I'm sure our next coach will be the one to lead us to the promised land, the Rose Bowl.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Not a believer...but would love to be wrong.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of