Jedd Fisch- Traveling Used Car Salesman / Coach For Hire

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Jedd Fisch

Post by ASUHATER! »

Lutes house actually sold for $3.1 million in August of 2020
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Can’t Jedd move in with Ellie Mae?

I don’t know his daughter’s actual name.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

fisch has made really smart PR moves so far as our coach, and I do appreciate the support he lent to the women's bball team.

i hope he's as good at coaching and recruiting as he is at making PR moves.

hiring him the way robbins did was still stupid.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I didn’t mind the roll of the dice for our football program because let’s face it, we are in the shitter.

But doing the same thing for men’s basketball to me is unconscionable.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Bringing a mediocre football team to 8-4 level is not nearly as steep a task as the high expectations of a potentially sanctioned bball.

This can be accomplished with well hired-assistants who can coach up our 3 stars. Fisch seems like he is competent, thorough and professional. That small difference will see results as compared to Sumlin and Mazzone.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Now that Spring ball is done, I hope those who were against this hire, including those who said they would not not support the program anymore, have changed their minds.
Fisch is doing exactly what a head coach should be doing. When was the last time this program was getting national media coverage during spring ball? I know he has not coached a single game yet, but I am am pumped for the future of this program. I know for the past two years there has not been much to look forward to, but times are changing. There is a lot of room on the bandwagon. :)
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

He is doing EVERYTHING right.

It’s still going to take time to get some talent developed on this team though
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m looking forward to what happens on the field and in recruiting.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:54 pm He is doing EVERYTHING right.

It’s still going to take time to get some talent developed on this team though
yup, love everything he's done so far, but this is still currently a like 2-3 win team on paper next year.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

No one is expecting much this year. I just want to see improvement. I hope to see the guys giving a full effort. I doubt recruiting can get any worse than what Sumlin did. With the welcoming of the former players, I would hope that will help with recruiting.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It will be so much better to have no expectations for next year. We all know there’s very little upper level talent on this team.

If they can make some games close, I would consider that improvement. But to start thinking that Fisch already has this thing turned around is to set yourself up for disappointment.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Irish27 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:30 pm No one is expecting much this year. I just want to see improvement. I hope to see the guys giving a full effort. I doubt recruiting can get any worse than what Sumlin did. With the welcoming of the former players, I would hope that will help with recruiting.
Yep. You don't lose 70-7 to your rival unless you totally gave up. Good riddance to the quitters like Sumlin and Gunnell.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Chicat wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:40 pm It will be so much better to have no expectations for next year. We all know there’s very little upper level talent on this team.

If they can make some games close, I would consider that improvement. But to start thinking that Fisch already has this thing turned around is to set yourself up for disappointment.
I don’t know. Everything I’ve been told speaks to a defense that is ready to fuck some shit up! We don’t even have that stud LB transfer on campus yet, that kid is a absolute beast. My concern is at QB position. I know Jordan has been studying the playbook, but it’s a wait and see situation with him. We have some interesting pieces arriving in June, the Fall practices will tell the real story. I’m hopeful!
Last edited by Sid on Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

This "outsider" is doing more to build pride and tradition than the last 4 combined.

Gronk catching the record in a Wildcat uni and leading "Bear Downs" beats the hell out of silly Old Tucson videos. More people saw that in a weekend than anything anyone else has put out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F6FhplWq_Y

Word is Hunley's D-line is dominating.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Sid wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:37 am
Chicat wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:40 pm It will be so much better to have no expectations for next year. We all know there’s very little upper level talent on this team.

I don’t know. Everything I’ve been told speaks to a defense that is ready to fuck some shit up! We don’t even have that stud LB transfer on campus yet, that kid is a absolute beast. My concern is at QB position. I know Jordan has been studying the playbook, but it’s a wait and see situation with him. We have some interesting pieces arriving in June, the Fall practices will tell the real story. I’m hopeful!
I think without a doubt Fisch is an upgrade on Sumlin. I just don't expect our record to change dramatically in year 1.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This is the time period where we hopefully see some baby steps starting with recruiting.

With all the positives vibes coming out of camp and the social media blitz going well I hope we start seeing a uptick in commitment talent.

I do think all his recruits are top 1000 players which is already better than Sumlin but would love to see even more talent roll into Tucson
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yep I will still withhold the puppies and rainbows until I see wins on the field but as a now distant observer it is great to see the engagement and tradition he is bringing. The national attention is nice.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

When you start at the bottom, there is only one direction to go right?

I totally love all of the pre-season stuff that Fisch has done to engage the community, past players and get the overall excitement up. Unfortunately, I still think it will be a long year because of the talent disparity.

Just don't want us to get blown out anymore and be competitive. That's where my bar is right now.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I'm leaning towards what Sid said but Chicat, how many next level players does a college team need to be good? Oregon won the Pac12 last year and only four were drafted from that team. I'm not saying we don't need to always work on improving the talent base but let's try something that hasn't been done at the UofA for about 5 or 6 years now. Let's really coach up the talent we do have. I think we'd all be surprised at what happens. Actually Chicat I read an article by the beloved Hansen the other day that said exactly what you said and I'm wondering who plagairized who. Oh My God, you aren't Hansen in disguise are you?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

tgrumpy2 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:39 am

I'm leaning towards what Sid said but Chicat, how many next level players does a college team need to be good? Oregon won the Pac12 last year and only four were drafted from that team. I'm not saying we don't need to always work on improving the talent base but let's try something that hasn't been done at the UofA for about 5 or 6 years now. Let's really coach up the talent we do have. I think we'd all be surprised at what happens. Actually Chicat I read an article by the beloved Hansen the other day that said exactly what you said and I'm wondering who plagairized who. Oh My God, you aren't Hansen in disguise are you?
If I was Hansen, I'd be too busy punching myself in the nuts to write on a message board, let alone for a living.

To answer your question about how many NFL level players does a college team need to be good, I don't know. But I know it's not zero. And trust me, I'm not saying we don't have any NFL talent on our team currently, I'm just saying that none of them are there right now. I hope the staff does coach these guys up. It's the only way we are going to get better. I'm also not expecting that to show up right away on the field. As for a Pac-12 championship, let's get above .500 first.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

If you aren't giving props to Jedd for what he has done so far you're just a hater. He has done most things extremely well especially reaching out to high school coaches in Arizona. He has assembled what I think is a experienced good staff. Reaching out to former players is the right thing to do and will also help in the long run. The PR with Gronk and his world record attempt and bringing in a widely popular Tedy was a smart move. Most people don't even know they played at Arizona.

Right now I would say we are in the gathering interest phase. Good player's are just not throwing our recruiting stuff away. Those things though are short lived and if you don't put a competitive team on the field it will look like a carnival show. I am proud of the job he has done so far. Exceeded my expectations. Full attendance at the Spring games proves there is interest. We just need to get better players and coach up the ones we got. The portal is going to be big for us next year too.

Not sure if you caught it but we hired a firm to create a UTUBE channel for Arizona. They are the ones that came up with the world record idea.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

So far, so good. But the proof will be the product on the field. Nothing brings fans to a game more than winning. If we can at least be competitive the first year and eek out a couple of wins, I think we'll still have momentum. Win 6 and go to a bowl game in year 2, then we'll be primed for better things. But if the product on the field doesn't improve, and we go 6-20 the next two years with a bunch of blowouts, nobody will care about the world record Gronk set this Spring.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Hope, hype, and dreams don't interest me. I will remain skeptical until I see results. I get the optimism, but some of y'all been hitting the kool-aid pretty hard. Fisch may be amazing down the line but this team doesn't look to have the horses yet. The hole this program is trying to dig itself out of is deeper than some realize I think.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Chicat wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:05 pm

If I was Hansen, I'd be too busy punching myself in the nuts to write on a message board, let alone for a living.

To answer your question about how many NFL level players does a college team need to be good, I don't know. But I know it's not zero. And trust me, I'm not saying we don't have any NFL talent on our team currently, I'm just saying that none of them are there right now. I hope the staff does coach these guys up. It's the only way we are going to get better. I'm also not expecting that to show up right away on the field. As for a Pac-12 championship, let's get above .500 first.

I'm trying to make a point and I guess doing a poor job of it. Don't worry about the upcoming season so much with little or no expectations. It's going to be what it will be. Enjoy the fact that we have a coach that brings a positive vibe to the program and is trying to reengage the community and the alums. We now have a coach that can give a press conference without squirming out of his skin and peeing his pants. (Watching two minutes of a Sumlin press conference and I wanted to slash my throat). I do not recall anyone making predictions that we're going to be PAC12 South champs or anything else. All I'm seeing are people that are enjoying the ride again and having hope again. I don't think anyone on this board thinks we have turned the corner so to say. All I hear them say is they think we are heading in the right direction. I still think this team has been under coached for years now.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

tgrumpy2 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:19 am
Chicat wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:05 pm

I'm trying to make a point and I guess doing a poor job of it. Don't worry about the upcoming season so much with little or no expectations. It's going to be what it will be. Enjoy the fact that we have a coach that brings a positive vibe to the program and is trying to reengage the community and the alums. We now have a coach that can give a press conference without squirming out of his skin and peeing his pants. (Watching two minutes of a Sumlin press conference and I wanted to slash my throat). I do not recall anyone making predictions that we're going to be PAC12 South champs or anything else. All I'm seeing are people that are enjoying the ride again and having hope again. I don't think anyone on this board thinks we have turned the corner so to say. All I hear them say is they think we are heading in the right direction. I still think this team has been under coached for years now.
And that's all fine and dandy.
Don't think anyone disagrees with what Fisch has been doing so far as we have asked for a coach to do these things for quite a long time. These foundational pieces - engaging with the community, embracing former players, a direction for the program, etc... - are long overdue.

Having said that, we all know we need better players no matter how exciting this honeymoon period is. Will he able to recruit big time talent to Tucson, or at least a step up from recent years? That is an open question still.

Then finally what will we see on the field come game day.? Will his teams play be able to execute, block, tackle and limit the number of dumb errors? Will we be competitive in each and every game? Those are open questions still.

Not expecting that much in year 1 but recruiting and team execution are the 2 areas that will need to be assessed when it comes to Fisch.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Our O line must improve significantly from last year or our goose is cooked.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Doyle is transferring. Chief is going to be sad
I said what I said and I mean it.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:57 pm Doyle is transferring. Chief is going to be sad
For whatever reason he was never in the mix (conspiracies if you ask Chief). Pretty solid graduating in 3 years, hopefully he finds a good fit and hopefully he brings his waterboy Chief with him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Poor Chief. Now he has no inside info on the team.
SHENANIGANS!!!!!

:lol:
Sid

Post by Sid »

gronk4heisman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:09 pm
BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:57 pm Doyle is transferring. Chief is going to be sad
For whatever reason he was never in the mix (conspiracies if you ask Chief). Pretty solid graduating in 3 years, hopefully he finds a good fit and hopefully he brings his waterboy Chief with him.
I wish the kid well. This might actually be a good thing for Chief. The pipe dream of Doyle becoming the starting quarterback at Arizona has come to an end. He can now address more important issues on Twitter such as berating coach Fisch’s preferred salad dressing.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Twitter wars!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

That Chief thread is unreal. Guy just can't get out of his own way. Knows better than six CFB HC's, OC's and QB coaches.
BeardownZonaZona

gronk4heisman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:09 pm
Exactly. No hate. Always seemed like a good kid. Hope he find a good fit
BeardownZonaZona

btfd16 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:04 pm That Chief thread is unreal. Guy just can't get out of his own way. Knows better than six CFB HC's, OC's and QB coaches.
He probably thinks he could lead us to an undefeated record
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:05 pm
btfd16 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:04 pm That Chief thread is unreal. Guy just can't get out of his own way. Knows better than six CFB HC's, OC's and QB coaches.
He probably thinks he could lead us to an undefeated record
He thinks Doyle could throw it over the mountains.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Irish27 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:44 pm Now that Spring ball is done, I hope those who were against this hire, including those who said they would not not support the program anymore, have changed their minds.
Fisch is doing exactly what a head coach should be doing. When was the last time this program was getting national media coverage during spring ball? I know he has not coached a single game yet, but I am am pumped for the future of this program. I know for the past two years there has not been much to look forward to, but times are changing. There is a lot of room on the bandwagon. :)
I haven't changed my mind at all. I'm still done until Robbins and Heeke are gone AND Fisch-coached teams have improved to consistently well over .500 and in the top half of PAC-12 south.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:14 pm
Irish27 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:44 pm Now that Spring ball is done, I hope those who were against this hire, including those who said they would not not support the program anymore, have changed their minds.
I haven't changed my mind at all. I'm still done until Robbins and Heeke are gone AND Fisch-coached teams have improved to consistently well over .500 and in the top half of PAC-12 south.
So what you're saying is you are not onboard for a few years. :)
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Irish27 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:31 pm
BBQ wildcat wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:14 pm
So what you're saying is you are not onboard for a few years. :)
With a lot of luck, Robbins won't get extended next year, which should mean that Heeke will be gone soon, too. Otherwise, you are correct, it will be quite a while. I haven't watched a down of UA football since, when was it? 2019, when Sumlin threw the UA ASU game after we had it in the bag?
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Props to Doyle. He came back and gave it a shot. He's not getting any younger. Hope he finds the right spot and gets off the bench.
At this point, Fisch has done about all he can to earn my early investment. If there were ever early indications that someone had a plan and knew what the hell they were doing........I'll take that. If games allow attendance again, I'll go to some, possibly season tix. A night in AZ stadium, a couple of shitty hot dogs and a flat soda sounds pretty damn good after the past year and a half.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

I'm late to the party. What the hell is chief's back ground that gives him any standing? Was he ever a coach somewhere? Is he really an "insider" and how so?
It doesn't make sense that Doyle never got a chance because Fisch wants an Arizonan and Sumlin wanted a Texan. I wouldn't trust Sumlin to choose Tom Brady over BJ Denker, but I think the new staff is competent enough to know if Doyle is the best prospect, or even close.
Last edited by AV8RCAT on Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

AV8RCAT wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:28 am I'm late to the party. What the hell is chief's back ground that gives him any standing? Was he ever a coach somewhere? Is he really an "insider" and how so?
It doesn't make sense that Doyle isn't being given a chance because Fisch wants an Arizonan and Sumlin wanted a Texan? I wouldn't trust Sumlin to choose Tom Brady over BJ Denker, but I think the new staff is competent enough to know if Doyle is the man or not.
He was a backup long snapper on a Tucson Youth Football team.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

azgreg wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:10 am
AV8RCAT wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:28 am I'm late to the party. What the hell is chief's back ground that gives him any standing? Was he ever a coach somewhere? Is he really an "insider" and how so?
It doesn't make sense that Doyle isn't being given a chance because Fisch wants an Arizonan and Sumlin wanted a Texan? I wouldn't trust Sumlin to choose Tom Brady over BJ Denker, but I think the new staff is competent enough to know if Doyle is the man or not.
He was a backup long snapper on a Tucson Youth Football team.
Good one but seriously, who is he?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I have no idea of his football background other than being a hanger on. For sure he is a program cancer. I am not sure I have ever heard him say a positive thing about any of our coaches, even RR when he won the south
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Outside of his own mind? He's a big old nobody. As azcat49 said, he's a hanger on. He's befriended a few parents of players over the years (probably by promising good press and an in with the coaches) and then called himself an "insider".
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Chicat wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:29 am Outside of his own mind? He's a big old nobody. As azcat49 said, he's a hanger on. He's befriended a few parents of players over the years (probably by promising good press and an in with the coaches) and then called himself an "insider".
Good press? Does he have more than a twitter account?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

AV8RCAT wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:53 am
Chicat wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:29 am Outside of his own mind? He's a big old nobody. As azcat49 said, he's a hanger on. He's befriended a few parents of players over the years (probably by promising good press and an in with the coaches) and then called himself an "insider".
Good press? Does he have more than a twitter account?
Not that I know of. But someone who calls themselves “The Source of Arizona Football for 12 Years” and “The Shaman of Arizona Football” in their Twitter bio might be prone to exaggerate their influence a teensy weensy bit.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Brilliant take that Fisch is trying to advance his career with PR distraction alone. He isn't getting an NFL HC job if he doesn't win some games here.
A beginning is the perfect time to get on the band wagon. Time will tell if I stay on it.
Sid

Post by Sid »

It doesn't make sense that Doyle never got a chance because Fisch wants an Arizonan and Sumlin wanted a Texan. I wouldn't trust Sumlin to choose Tom Brady over BJ Denker, but I think the new staff is competent enough to know if Doyle is the best prospect, or even close.
Some guy that has dyslexia. I mean, he just took a picture standing next to Jordan during his visit one fucking week ago, but according to him we now only have (2) qb’s? Wow!

Ah, that kid that flew in from Florida that you can’t fucking remember will more than likely be QB#1.

Jordan #1, Cruz #2, Plummer #3
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Sid wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:23 pm
Some guy that has dyslexia. I mean, he just took a picture standing next to Jordan during his visit one fucking week ago, but according to him we now only have (2) qb’s? Wow!

Ah, that kid that flew in from Florida that you can’t fucking remember will more than likely be QB#1.

Jordan #1, Cruz #2, Plummer #3
We also add Brayden Zermeno in the fall as well, but counting past 2 is hard for some people. And that's not even including Matt Moore's brother.