Another best for Toad Graham..

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Another best for Toad Graham..

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:From 1949 to 1959 when the debate over whether ASU would become a full-fledged state sanctioned university took place and then ASU eventually did become one, the Sun Devils won 8 out of 11 head-to-head matchups against the Wildcats. So obviously not getting comparable funding didn't hold them back one bit on the field. Then after becoming a state university, they proceeded to lose the next 4 out of 5 to the Wildcats.

So yeah, still seems like an arbitrary date to pick. Funding equality didn't seem to have any bearing on results on the field.

I agree. As far as I'm concerned whenever our boys and their boys suited up we have won more often than not. Good enough for me.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

devilswin99 wrote:In order for TG to get a offer from a better school than ASU, he would need to have a pretty big season, so if we can do Rose Bowl or something equal, I am ready to make that trade. All Richey Rod needs to do is make the Las Vegas Bowl and he will be gone.
RR has said he wants to retire in Tucson.. Has TG said anything along those lines? He'll be gone once an offer from a SEC school comes along.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Salty wrote:
It's all in the book. Any look at engineering or basically any graduate or undergraduate major, and you'll notice a complete dominance of American universities. A quick look at graduation numbers shows that China may graduate more students with a population four times the size of the United States, however, a closer inspection of the data reveals that a large majority of the "engineering" students graduated from technical programs in non-accrediated schools, like what you would find at DeVry or University of Phoenix, and these students are not qualified to preform anything other than basic manufacturing duties.

The United States graduates more students in engineering than China, Japan, India, etc, even with the disparity in population and your statement on American Universities needing masters degrees is simply not true. American educated engineers are more informed, qualified, and preform better in the open market than their foreign educated counterparts. And that is unlikely to change for the foreseeable future.

http://www.studyabroad.careers360.com/t ... world-2014

The top 5 are all in the USA and 35/100 are American. That's complete and utter dominance.
You're obfuscating.

University rankings are not part of this discussion. We are talking about whether the US education system educates the population better or worse than other countries'. University rankings by and large focus on graduate programs, and so far in this discussion my point has been that pre-university and in undergraduate programs, the US is lagging behind our modern rivals. Our research universities are indeed top notch, so I will not argue that point with you. But trust me, you can get an undergraduate degree from a great research university, and it may be worth less than the paper it's printed on.

Speaking of raw numbers of university students graduated is meaningless, as you've pointed out in your attempt to rebut my China example. I'm glad we agree on that, because I could flip your argument and say that, since the US admits about 50% of it's secondary school graduates to university we cannot compare to a continental European or eastern Asian system which only admits 10% of their graduating secondary students to university, right?

But in the end, the US education system is an embarrassment. We are the wealthiest nation in the world, and there is absolutely no reason why our kids should be lagging behind any others. We need to funnel more resources, both financial and human, into education -- it's the best investment we can make in the long term future of the country.

EDIT: and I've forgotten why we started a discussion on education in a thread devoted to a polyester-wearing Neanderthal...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:From 1949 to 1959 when the debate over whether ASU would become a full-fledged state sanctioned university took place and then ASU eventually did become one, the Sun Devils won 8 out of 11 head-to-head matchups against the Wildcats. So obviously not getting comparable funding didn't hold them back one bit on the field. Then after becoming a state university, they proceeded to lose the next 4 out of 5 to the Wildcats.

So yeah, still seems like an arbitrary date to pick. Funding equality didn't seem to have any bearing on results on the field.

I agree. As far as I'm concerned whenever our boys and their boys suited up we have won more often than not. Good enough for me.
Unless you were an ASSU fan Chi. Then it means something to you. Wear it proudly scummie dick
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Salty

Post by Salty »

Puerco wrote:
Salty wrote:
It's all in the book. Any look at engineering or basically any graduate or undergraduate major, and you'll notice a complete dominance of American universities. A quick look at graduation numbers shows that China may graduate more students with a population four times the size of the United States, however, a closer inspection of the data reveals that a large majority of the "engineering" students graduated from technical programs in non-accrediated schools, like what you would find at DeVry or University of Phoenix, and these students are not qualified to preform anything other than basic manufacturing duties.

The United States graduates more students in engineering than China, Japan, India, etc, even with the disparity in population and your statement on American Universities needing masters degrees is simply not true. American educated engineers are more informed, qualified, and preform better in the open market than their foreign educated counterparts. And that is unlikely to change for the foreseeable future.

http://www.studyabroad.careers360.com/t ... world-2014

The top 5 are all in the USA and 35/100 are American. That's complete and utter dominance.
You're obfuscating.

University rankings are not part of this discussion. We are talking about whether the US education system educates the population better or worse than other countries'. University rankings by and large focus on graduate programs, and so far in this discussion my point has been that pre-university and in undergraduate programs, the US is lagging behind our modern rivals. Our research universities are indeed top notch, so I will not argue that point with you. But trust me, you can get an undergraduate degree from a great research university, and it may be worth less than the paper it's printed on.

Speaking of raw numbers of university students graduated is meaningless, as you've pointed out in your attempt to rebut my China example. I'm glad we agree on that, because I could flip your argument and say that, since the US admits about 50% of it's secondary school graduates to university we cannot compare to a continental European or eastern Asian system which only admits 10% of their graduating secondary students to university, right?

But in the end, the US education system is an embarrassment. We are the wealthiest nation in the world, and there is absolutely no reason why our kids should be lagging behind any others. We need to funnel more resources, both financial and human, into education -- it's the best investment we can make in the long term future of the country.

EDIT: and I've forgotten why we started a discussion on education in a thread devoted to a polyester-wearing Neanderthal...
Agree.

Let's stick to hating on Graham.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

TG saying he has the best backup in the country....

Another best for the Cracka.
UAEebs86

Graham expects quick return for Taylor Kelly

Post by UAEebs86 »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /16124967/

I call BS again. I think he is just trying to get teams to prepare for 2 QBs.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That guy is so slimy.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Mora: "I’m sure they’re assuming that Brett is going to play. That’s what I’d be doing. And I’m nowhere near the coach that Todd Graham is."
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

MrBug708 wrote:Mora: "I’m sure they’re assuming that Brett is going to play. That’s what I’d be doing. And I’m nowhere near the coach that Todd Graham is."
why
whatisee

Re: Graham expects quick return for Taylor Kelly

Post by whatisee »

UAEebs86 wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /16124967/

Total BS. Kelly broke something in his foot. Out 3-4 weeks at a minimum. and then how good can he be after that? Mobility is what kept teams honest with Kelly.
MountainCat

Re: Graham expects quick return for Taylor Kelly

Post by MountainCat »

whatisee wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /16124967/

Total BS. Kelly broke something in his foot. Out 3-4 weeks at a minimum. and then how good can he be after that? Mobility is what kept teams honest with Kelly.
Coach Graham is currently in his garage trying to figure out how to put cleats on the bottom of a walking boot as we speak!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Standing right next to Graham in Odogg's lineup of hate, is Mora.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Mike Berco is the best backup QB that he's ever coached! Well until next year at least.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Olsondogg wrote:Standing right next to Graham in Odogg's lineup of hate, is Mora.
The thing I like best about Jim Mora Jr. is his disdain of Todd Graham.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Mora is the antithesis of Graham as a person
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Olsondogg wrote:Standing right next to Graham in Odogg's lineup of hate, is Mora.
Why?

I like Mora. I laughed when I read that quote. Good to see other coaches hating on Cracka.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

MrBug708 wrote:Mora is the antithesis of Graham as a person
Do you know either coach personally?
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

Hey Everyone! First time post!

I'm so glad that asu took their time and was so selective when it came to their coach hiring process. They really found the right guy for them-THE BEST GUY if you will.

Looking forward to a fun game tonight. Go Bruins!
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Olsondogg wrote:

Does he always sport the wristbands? What the hell?
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

the real dill wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

He supposedly uses them in play calling. You will see him move them from arm to arm, yellow above maroon, etc.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
the real dill wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

He supposedly uses them in play calling. You will see him move them from arm to arm, yellow above maroon, etc.
After the second interception last night, he was seen of the sideline switching the order of the colored wristbands on his arm thinking they would make a comeback. ;)

Question - What color wristband does he use for the "Hill Mary Pass"? :o
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

I'm not smart enough to embed this, but it's hilarious:

https://vine.co/v/OZKnbvuuVHK/embed

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OZKnbvuuVHK/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Augdogs

Post by Augdogs »

the real dill wrote:I'm not smart enough to embed this, but it's hilarious:

https://vine.co/v/OZKnbvuuVHK/embed

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OZKnbvuuVHK/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
That's great!

Christian Westerman, former 4 star recruit and able to bench over 500 lbs. Dumb as a box of rocks.
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

MountainCat wrote:
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
the real dill wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

After the second interception last night, he was seen of the sideline switching the order of the colored wristbands on his arm thinking they would make a comeback. ;)

Question - What color wristband does he use for the "Hill Mary Pass"? :o
That's like me switching seats in the 4th quarter against Cal thinking we would make a comeback. Except, it worked for me and you are all welcome.
teemackdee

Post by teemackdee »

Hey I did the same thing GFY, and it did work.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Last night was the most scored by an opponent in SDS history.

Another best for the Cracka!!!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Puerco wrote:
Why?

I like Mora. I laughed when I read that quote. Good to see other coaches hating on Cracka.
Cause he's an asshole. A different type of asshole than TG, but an asshole in his own right.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Olsondogg wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Why?

Cause he's an asshole. A different type of asshole than TG, but an asshole in his own right.
How is he an asshole? Honest question. Never heard Mora described that way.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Bruins01 wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Why?

How is he an asshole? Honest question. Never heard Mora described that way.
Neither have I. Never heard Graham described any other way! :D

Go Cats!!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

That was a thoroughly unconvincing case. TJ Simers should not be considered a reliable source, but he's the source for two of your links. Another claims that he "joked" about the murders near USC's campus but I really don't think that was supposed to be a joke. The third is about the press conference in which he yelled at a guy talking on the phone, which he was universally lauded for doing, since the press conference was regarding the death of Nick Pasquale. Do you really not remember when that happened? Read the comments at your link and at the story on Deadspin: http://deadspin.com/jim-mora-jr-flips-o ... 1279358465

And yelling at ball boys? Seriously? I have never had a coach in my entire life who didn't yell that way during the heat of a game.

Come on, man.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

You stated you've never heard him called an asshole. The title of the first link on Deadspin is "Jim Mora is an asshole".

I could have rested my case there.

Continue the slow stroke on your coach there...it's only a matter of time before he is run out of uCla.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Olsondogg wrote:You stated you've never heard him called an asshole. The title of the first link on Deadspin is "Jim Mora is an asshole".

I could have rested my case there.

Continue the slow stroke on your coach there...it's only a matter of time before he is run out of uCla.
Haha
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

MrBug708 wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This gif needs it's own thread and ask for the best caption.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Me John, Big Tree!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Walk Like an Egyptian...

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

"Going on Dancing With The Stars is my dream job."
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

MountainCat wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This gif needs it's own thread and ask for the best caption.

If do right, no can defense.

-Mr. Miyagi
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

TG married the joker, apparently...

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:TG married the joker, apparently...

You could watch an IMAX on that dome.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

You could watch an IMAX on that dome.
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

Ugh did you watch that garbage too? What a mess and she sure does have that televangelist's wife role down pat.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

"I hate to come in here and say we beat ourselves, but we really did," ASU coach Todd Graham said.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /19636171/

F U and your Britney headset and your sweatbands CTG.
-JB
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You classless bitch Brittney. You got the same gift TD'S we did. In fact I would say ours came off of good plays not botched plays.

What a dickhead
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azcat49 wrote:You classless bitch Brittney. You got the same gift TD'S we did. In fact I would say ours came off of good plays not botched plays.

What a dickhead

Exactly true.

We FORCED their turnovers with good plays, and blocked a punt through another good play.

They were GIFTED turnovers by our offense (anu's botched fake handoff thing) and special teams (hello muffed punt catch), and GIFTED great field position on a shanked punt.

So... FUCK toad graham and fuck assu!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Impossible to say "we beat ourselves" when you NEVER led.

Moron. I'd say Graham failed to win that press conference.

I don't want to hear any more ASU fans trying to lecture us about class after that joke of a postgame presser.

Even RichRod gave props to ASU's effort tonight. DW99, you backed the wrong horse.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:You classless bitch Brittney. You got the same gift TD'S we did. In fact I would say ours came off of good plays not botched plays.

What a dickhead

Exactly true.

We FORCED their turnovers with good plays, and blocked a punt through another good play.

They were GIFTED turnovers by our offense (anu's botched fake handoff thing) and special teams (hello muffed punt catch), and GIFTED great field position on a shanked punt.

So... FUCK toad graham and fuck assu!

I rarely ever wade over into the cesspool that is DD, but this was a classic:

asusundevil23 Posted: Today 3:08 PM

It's halftime, Anyone Honestly Believe......
...that ASU isn't the superior team? AU is relying on huge, borderline fluke, plays to stay in the game. If Novell realizes Kelly's deficiencies and runs the ball down the rat's throat, we'll run away with Thia game. RUN THE EFFING BALL NORVELL!

What do you call the other team's QB dropping the ball twice on the same play inside the 10 and the punt returner dropping a ball inside the 10 he was told to get away from if it was in the sun?

But our score were flukes? :lol:
-JB