Floridas Jalen Tabor

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

3goggles

Floridas Jalen Tabor

Post by 3goggles »

Man it would've been awesome to hold on to this kid!

http://247sports.com/Article/Floridas-J ... k-31799162
UAEebs86

Re: Floridas Jalen Tabor

Post by UAEebs86 »

Too bad his mom's not an OKG.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

We have two weak points in our D, our CBs and DL. If Tabor would have stayed with us, we would only have our DL to complain about.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

It worked out for him, and Arizona's finding their own way. It's all good.
Augdogs

Post by Augdogs »

We now know he would have fallen in love with Tucson weed.

Probably would have been more problems than what it's worth.
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

We're doing OK in our own right... Nick Wilson is #2 on that list. That, and our program isn't a dumpster fire :).

http://247sports.com/Article/Top-ten-tr ... 6-31804488
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

If he came to ariZona he could be starting for a top ten team. Instead he is playing for a lame duck coach that might not win another game.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Losing Tabor hurt, I get it, but, as Coach Rod loves to say, it's in the past, it doesn't matter anymore.

How about someone moving this to the Arch Rivals thread? Would love to see this thread dedicated to talking about the PAC 12 leading, undefeated, duck stomping, championship running, #10 ranked Arizona Wildcats, but maybe that is just me.
jimson

Post by jimson »

We don't need a mama's boy who won't stand up for what HE wants.

Disregard, if he decides to pull a Davonte.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

OSUCat wrote:If he came to ariZona he could be starting for a top ten team. Instead he is playing for a lame duck coach that might not win another game.
This. And I would say it's an amazing turn of events, but the only part that's kinda amazing is our ranking; everyone knew Muschamp sucked, that it was pretty surprising he wasn't fired last year and that there'd be a fairly decent chance Florida would have another not very good year this year (real time rpi: 48) and Muschamp would be fired anyways.

I know it was moms that pushed him in that direction, but it looks (at least right now) as not too many significant college wins for a guy that wanted to be in the NFL in 3 years.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

:(
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

SCCat wrote:
OSUCat wrote:If he came to ariZona he could be starting for a top ten team. Instead he is playing for a lame duck coach that might not win another game.
This. And I would say it's an amazing turn of events, but the only part that's kinda amazing is our ranking; everyone knew Muschamp sucked, that it was pretty surprising he wasn't fired last year and that there'd be a fairly decent chance Florida would have another not very good year this year (real time rpi: 48) and Muschamp would be fired anyways.

I know it was moms that pushed him in that direction, but it looks (at least right now) as not too many significant college wins for a guy that wanted to be in the NFL in 3 years.

UF losing has no bearing on his draft stock. If he is talented enough, he will be in the league.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:UF losing has no bearing on his draft stock. If he is talented enough, he will be in the league.
I hear ya on that. In fact, if he wanted more playing time earlier it's sometimes better to go to a non-Alabama type team.

But what that his (or his mom's) thinking? 'I'll go to a crappy school and get more PT!' He'd get as much PT at Arizona.

Closer to home? Florida isn't really that close. Go to a more powerhouse school? Problem is, Florida is going to suck for most of his tenure and everyone knew it. So what was the rational for making her son change what he wanted to do and does the rational hold up or is it just a total flop?
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

SCCat wrote:
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:UF losing has no bearing on his draft stock. If he is talented enough, he will be in the league.
I hear ya on that. In fact, if he wanted more playing time earlier it's sometimes better to go to a non-Alabama type team.

But what that his (or his mom's) thinking? 'I'll go to a crappy school and get more PT!' He'd get as much PT at Arizona.

Closer to home? Florida isn't really that close. Go to a more powerhouse school? Problem is, Florida is going to suck for most of his tenure and everyone knew it. So what was the rational for making her son change what he wanted to do and does the rational hold up or is it just a total flop?

UF football is a program that still recruits very well and is not that far removed from a couple national championships. Does the coaching situation make things a bit uneasy? Sure, but its not a program in need of a complete rebuild. They could arguably contending next season with the right coach. I caught a lot of heat for saying the same thing about UT, who is even further removed from their football glory days, but the same idea still stands. There is a reason they regularly pull in top 20 classes. UF has a long-standing solid reputation in football, UA does not. (Again though, his chances at the league were no different at UA than they are at UF.)
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Any chance we get a transfer from tabor?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

-34%
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

catinfl wrote:-34%
So you're saying a chance? Haha! It was worth a shot!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ris-1-game

Florida suspends Jalen Tabor, Treon Harris for Tennessee game

Edward Aschoff, ESPN Staff Writer

The Florida Gators will be without starting cornerback Jalen Tabor and quarterback Treon Harris for Saturday's game against the Tennessee Volunteers.

Tabor and Harris, both sophomores, have been suspended for "some choices they made," coach Jim McElwain told reporters after practice Wednesday.

While McElwain didn't disclose the reasons, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy that Harris' discipline was for a failed drug test and that Tabor's was for refusing to take a drug test, which results in an automatic suspension.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

One wonders if Arizona pulled their scholarship offer (after finding some character flaws) to him at the last hour and he thus went to Florida instead.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

ALASKACAT wrote:One wonders if Arizona pulled their scholarship offer (after finding some character flaws) to him at the last hour and he thus went to Florida instead.
Haha. I'm pretty sure you're aware that Arizona took a transfer who was on probation for aggravated assault.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Just like how ucla immediately reinstated Ishmael right?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

ASUHATER! wrote:Just like how ucla immediately reinstated Ishmael right?
Not really sure why you want to go down this road. Ishmael ripped a cell phone out of a guy's hand and was suspended for a quarter of the season. Cayleb broke a fellow UT athlete's jaw and RR welcomed him to Arizona with open arms. Why in the world did you think that argument would make UCLA look even close to as bad as Arizona?
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Bruins01 wrote:
Not really sure why you want to go down this road. Ishmael ripped a cell phone out of a guy's hand and was suspended for a quarter of the season. Cayleb broke a fellow UT athlete's jaw and RR welcomed him to Arizona with open arms. Why in the world did you think that argument would make UCLA look even close to as bad as Arizona?
Character counts and part of that is how they take ownership of the situation and the details behind the situation. Jones has shown positive character after the situation. I have not seen that of Adams although I am not really looking either.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
Character counts and part of that is how they take ownership of the situation and the details behind the situation. Jones has shown positive character after the situation. I have not seen that of Adams although I am not really looking either.
HAHA. Adams has literally made zero public statements, which makes sense because he has not even been charged with a crime. You guys are unbelievable. But I literally laughed out loud, so I guess I should thank you?
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Bruins01 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
HAHA. Adams has literally made zero public statements, which makes sense because he has not even been charged with a crime. You guys are unbelievable. But I literally laughed out loud, so I guess I should thank you?
What are you talking about? Think Jones did not deserve a 2nd chance after he took ownership of the situation did his time and made things right?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I don't give a shit about UCLA, Adams, or his reinstatement, but getting in a fight over a girl is way more of a normal stupid college thing to do than robbing a stranger of their cell phone using force. I wouldn't say one is way more egregious than the other.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
What are you talking about? Think Jones did not deserve a 2nd chance after he took ownership of the situation did his time and made things right?
He didn't "make things right"--he transferred to another school where he would be welcomed. But yes, I do think he deserves a second chance. I was only criticizing the idea that Jalen Tabor chose Florida over Arizona because the latter revoked his scholarship offer due to character concerns, as that idea is ridiculous. ASUHATER brought up UCLA, not me. UCLA didn't recruit Tabor but I'm sure Mora would have taken him in a heartbeat.
Last edited by Bruins01 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

pokinmik wrote:I don't give a shit about UCLA, Adams, or his reinstatement, but getting in a fight over a girl is way more of a normal stupid college thing to do than robbing a stranger of their cell phone using force. I wouldn't say one is way more egregious than the other.
It wasn't a fight. Jones cold-cocked him, broke his jaw, and was charged with aggravated assault and put on probation for two years.

That even a normally extremely sensible person like you just made the argument that these two acts are equal in egregiousness is pretty plain evidence that you clearly give a shit about UCLA. If you weren't an Arizona fan you would never accept such an argument.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Bruins01 wrote:
pokinmik wrote:I don't give a shit about UCLA, Adams, or his reinstatement, but getting in a fight over a girl is way more of a normal stupid college thing to do than robbing a stranger of their cell phone using force. I wouldn't say one is way more egregious than the other.
It wasn't a fight. Jones cold-cocked him, broke his jaw, and was charged with aggravated assault and put on probation for two years.

That even a normally extremely sensible person like you just made the argument that these two acts are equal in egregiousness is pretty plain evidence that you clearly give a shit about UCLA. If you weren't an Arizona fan you would never accept such an argument.
Getting into a fight because I'm with someone's girlfriend I would expect in college. Working for Uber and being assaulted and robbed (first degree robbery), I would not expect. Maybe things are different where you come from. And to say Cayleb wasn't punished for his actions is a little far fetched, he was kicked off his team and essentially suspended for a year by being forced to not play based on college transfer rules.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

You're right in that one is more violent than the other. I just thought you were downplaying Adams' offense a little bit, that's all. Robbing a stranger with force is pretty fucked up too. Being robbed is a major violation of privacy and someone's well being on more of an emotional level. We're obviously both biased and it's easy to downplay one of the acts while hyping up the other. I have no problem with both kids getting a second chance as I'm sure they realize their stupid mistakes looking back on it. I'm cool with Adams being reinstated, never said otherwise. Should be a good one tmrw.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

gronk4heisman wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:

Getting into a fight because I'm with someone's girlfriend I would expect in college. Working for Uber and being assaulted and robbed (first degree robbery), I would not expect. Maybe things are different where you come from. And to say Cayleb wasn't punished for his actions is a little far fetched, he was kicked off his team and essentially suspended for a year by being forced to not play based on college transfer rules.
One guy grabbed a cell phone out of another person's hand, which is only a felony because the person happened to be a cab driver and they get special protection. But despite that automatic designation, it was already turned down for felony consideration and Ishmael will be charged with a misdemeanor at worst and with absolutely nothing at best. That you guys are comparing this transgression unfavorably with A FELONY CHARGE OF AGGRAVATED ASSAULT is completely insane. Are you even reading your posts??

I never said that Cayleb Jones was not punished. I said that he wasn't punished BY RICH RODRIGUEZ. How are you guys losing the thread of this conversation so quickly? Someone speculated that maybe Jalen Tabor chose Florida over Arizona because Arizona didn't want him anymore due to vague and unfounded character concerns. I said that's ridiculous, because Arizona was more than happy to take Cayleb Jones, whose character concerns are much more serious better documented. That's it.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

We differ on "more serious", again I think robbery from a innocent driver is more serious then punching a guy because he was talking to your girl which like Adams was reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor. Adam's took on someone innocent and stole his belongings because he was bigger and stronger, Cayleb on the other hand fought someone over a girl. If you are going to try and say Rich Rod lacks morals at least use a better example then someone who was already punished transferring to Arizona and not being punished again.

I do agree with you in that the notion we pulled Tabor's scholarship because of concerns is laughable. And I also agree that Mora's punishment for Adams was more then adequate.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

gronk4heisman wrote:We differ on "more serious", again I think robbery from a innocent driver is more serious then punching a guy because he was talking to your girl which like Adams was reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor. Adam's took on someone innocent and stole his belongings because he was bigger and stronger, Cayleb on the other hand fought someone over a girl. If you are going to try and say Rich Rod lacks morals at least use a better example then someone who was already punished transferring to Arizona and not being punished again.

I do agree with you in that the notion we pulled Tabor's scholarship because of concerns is laughable. And I also agree that Mora's punishment for Adams was more then adequate.
And that last paragraph is all I was trying to say in the matter. I am not the one who brought up Adams and I didn't say anything about Rich Rod's moral character.

But yeah, seriously disagree about the seriousness of what Ishmael did compared to breaking a guy's fucking jaw. Possibly because I am much more familiar with what actually happened between Ishmael and the Uber driver--what you described is far, far from what really went down.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

gronk4heisman wrote:I do agree with you in that the notion we pulled Tabor's scholarship because of concerns is laughable. And I also agree that Mora's punishment for Adams was more then adequate.
The only person I actually believe they pulled a scholarship from was Hale. Which btw people seem to bring up this notion that RR pulls schollies from kids who go on other visits, and are surprised when he doesn't. I'm fairly certain he just used that as an excuse to pull the plug on Hale, because he might have known what was coming down the road. As it turns out, former rappers kids do not seem to work out whether its Washington or UCLA.

Long story short, no way in hell he pulled his scholarship, his mom just didn't want him going to Arizona. I can't be the only one who noticed the look of disgust on her face when he chose the UofA hat.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Bruins01 wrote:
You know exactly why he went down this road. An attempt at a one-liner zinger without any sort of analysis or information.

And pokinmike hates UCLA :)
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Lol. Ishmael committed a crime just like Jones. A serious crime at that. Of course I want to go down that road. As for you bug...just go home to your board already with you have whiny sanctimonious backhanded shit ok?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Bug acting like my wife when she asks why I'm mad at something when I'm really not mad at anything! I just cuss too much haha. Good win for your Bruins Saturday, enjoy it.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

:oops:
ASUHATER! wrote:Lol. Ishmael committed a crime just like Jones. A serious crime at that. Of course I want to go down that road. As for you bug...just go home to your board already with you have whiny sanctimonious backhanded shit ok?
I think this might be a record post for word count. I guess that counts for something.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

pokinmik wrote:Bug acting like my wife when she asks why I'm mad at something when I'm really not mad at anything! I just cuss too much haha. Good win for your Bruins Saturday, enjoy it.
She sounds quite intelligent
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

MrBug708 wrote:
pokinmik wrote:Bug acting like my wife when she asks why I'm mad at something when I'm really not mad at anything! I just cuss too much haha. Good win for your Bruins Saturday, enjoy it.
She sounds quite intelligent
Ha, she is.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

My step brother was so fucking pissed about not being able to line up against him. He thought he would have destroyed him. Oh well.