Wow.

That was totally awesome.
the real dill

Re: Kiffin's Krimson Korner

Post by the real dill »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Ha! People would probably rather be linked to Ebola or ISIS than Kiffin.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Tosh rips ESPN a new one:

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

This thread could be titled Self Indilgent Twit as well.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

OMG that was classic. Wish game day was here this week so we could rock Kiffins Krimson Korner. Notice the subtle jab at the south with the KKK.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Not sure how I missed this!

Having been a friend and colleague of Brittany Fulmer, Coach Fulmer's daughter, while in grad school, we would always talk sports. One day I finally had to ask what she thought of Kiffin, she sighed, huffed, and in her sweet, southern belle accent said, "we hate him. He's such a douchebag!"

Wish we'd have stayed in touch longer. Would love to here her maniacal laughs of joy watching him fail at USC.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

The reason Facebook is down is that the internet is about to break.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/3 ... ing_on_at/
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Don't blame him:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

daniel tosh Verified account
‏@danieltosh
for the record, i have never slept with a booster’s wife, a coach’s wife, or saban’s daughter. i only have eyes for lane kiffin’s wife.
Last edited by Merkin on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

that second picture is not Kristen Saban. This is Kristen Saban:

Shes barely a soft 6 on a good day, and nowhere near Layla Kiffin status.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

A lot of Sara Underwood pics floating around on a lane Kiffin search.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

it is pretty amazing however that when you image search Kristen Saban that it is now 98% pictures of Lane Kiffin. #callmekristen
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

What "thoughts" would those be, I wonder?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

He'll probably marry an even hotter woman. No one fails up more than that guy.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azgreg wrote:He'll probably marry an even hotter woman. No one fails up more than that guy.
This post wins the current discussion.

:lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I follow this girl's Twitter for politics of all things, then this happened....
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm sure it's not, but I like to believe that's the picture Kiffin uses on social media.

Deal with it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No shit, that's my team logo for all fantasy sports.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:No shit, that's my team logo for all fantasy sports.
In all honesty, I like Kiffin the most when he embraces it and acts like a pro wrestling heel. When the NCAA hands out the coach of the year, Kiffin should hit the recipient with a steel chair and give the trophy to Saban.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:No shit, that's my team logo for all fantasy sports.
In all honesty, I like Kiffin the most when he embraces it and acts like a pro wrestling heel. When the NCAA hands out the coach of the year, Kiffin should hit the recipient with a steel chair and give the trophy to Saban.
Kiffin is the anti-TJ McConnell. You love him if he's not on your team and hate him if he is.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index ... ll_ch.html" target="_blank
DA Jerry Jones told KNOE-TV the thinking behind the decision.

"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning," Jones told KNOE.
I'm no lawyer but dont we have a DA here publicly admitting to refusing to prosecute simply because these kids play football?

I mean this isnt a grey area case. The kids were charged with illegal possession of a firearm. The gun was in the lap of Robinson when they were stopped. He told the police he didnt know where he got it. The gun was confiscated along with another stolen gun in the car.

They were in possession of stolen handguns.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Funny stuff Lane!
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

MrBug708 wrote:http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index ... ll_ch.html
DA Jerry Jones told KNOE-TV the thinking behind the decision.

"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning," Jones told KNOE.
I'm no lawyer but dont we have a DA here publicly admitting to refusing to prosecute simply because these kids play football?

I mean this isnt a grey area case. The kids were charged with illegal possession of a firearm. The gun was in the lap of Robinson when they were stopped. He told the police he didnt know where he got it. The gun was confiscated along with another stolen gun in the car.

They were in possession of stolen handguns.
I always understood that it was the alleged criminal that had 'ruined their life' when they were found guilty. That is one of the reasons you don't do criminal acts. It isn't the DA that is not ruining anybody's life by prosecuting criminal behavior - the DA is helping to uphold the law.

Is this guy gonna end up in the "lastest GOP whacko to be caught in a compromising position" when he endorses some Drumph martial law plan next week?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Please let LSU hire Kiffen as HC and Sark as OC!
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

He was almost awake for that.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Leaked audio of Lane Kiffin going Marine Drill Instructor at an Ole Miss player reporting in from a mental health break.

For all expected reaction to how the player might feel facing an irate Kiffin, you can really hear the stress (of coaching?) built up in Kiffin's voice. They always say what a stressful life big time college football and NFL coaching is. And then we wonder why so many sound as angry and hotheaded as Jimbo Fisher and Josh McDaniels.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Having a son with mental health issues including an attempted suicide, I would be calling for his firing.

There is no excuse for that.

At What Age Does Mental Illness Start? According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), the majority of mental illnesses (75 percent) begin by age 24. However, 50 percent of all lifetime mental illnesses begin by age 14. This means that most mental health conditions emerge during childhood and adolescence.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:55 pm Having a son with mental health issues including an attempted suicide, I would be calling for his firing.

There is no excuse for that.
While giving the player consequences, even removal from the team, could be justified, the manner in which he communicated in that situation was outrageous!

Both the total “GTFO” (assuming that means scholi, and therefore academics, too, in mid-semester) AND the hostile tone throughout, makes a mockery of any sense of “student-athlete”. His whole posture is “fuck you!” and vengeance.

IMNSHO, that should be a firing offense, and, since it obviously won’t I hope every kid and parent he is recruiting gets a chance to hear that over and over.

And, every opponent’s fans should find suitable ways to attack him for that.

Totally pisses me off!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Judging by the audio, Kiffin seems like someone who doesn't believe mental illness even exists. It's just an "excuse" for "weak men" to hide behind.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It’s out there that the kid disappeared for two weeks and refused to communicate with the coaches and then it was only when he came back that he said it was a mental health break. So a reason Kiffin might be so heated is that he thinks the kid was falsely claiming mental health as an excuse for leaving everyone in the lurch.

There are probably protocols you have to follow to take a true mental health break from an in-season sport, and it probably includes guidelines on communication. Otherwise any kid who wanted to take a month off but keep his scholarship could just say “mental health” like it was the Uno reverse card.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Chicat wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:06 am It’s out there that the kid disappeared for two weeks and refused to communicate with the coaches and then it was only when he came back that he said it was a mental health break. So a reason Kiffin might be so heated is that he thinks the kid was falsely claiming mental health as an excuse for leaving everyone in the lurch.

There are probably protocols you have to follow to take a true mental health break from an in-season sport, and it probably includes guidelines on communication. Otherwise any kid who wanted to take a month off but keep his scholarship could just say “mental health” like it was the Uno reverse card.
Well, it is a health issue, and Lane Kiffin is not qualified to make ANY medical diagnosis.

If the kid was not having a behavioral health crisis, THAT would be the issue. Kiffin never hinted at that.

If the kid had a legitimate diagnosis, the situation could have been handled more supportively, kindly, and have a solution (even suspension or removal from the team) more consistent with that fact. (For example, let him keep his scholarship through the year, show a little sympathy and concern for his well-being, etc.)

You know, if the kid was considering killing himself, I doubt that "protocols" were a consideration...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:56 am
Chicat wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:06 am It’s out there that the kid disappeared for two weeks and refused to communicate with the coaches and then it was only when he came back that he said it was a mental health break. So a reason Kiffin might be so heated is that he thinks the kid was falsely claiming mental health as an excuse for leaving everyone in the lurch.

Well, it is a health issue, and Lane Kiffin is not qualified to make ANY medical diagnosis.

If the kid was not having a behavioral health crisis, THAT would be the issue. Kiffin never hinted at that.

If the kid had a legitimate diagnosis, the situation could have been handled more supportively, kindly, and have a solution (even suspension or removal from the team) more consistent with that fact. (For example, let him keep his scholarship through the year, show a little sympathy and concern for his well-being, etc.)

You know, if the kid was considering killing himself, I doubt that "protocols" were a consideration...
Hard to gain any real insights from that short clip as far as what either the player or coaches were going through. And we don’t know what was said in that meeting before the player hit record. For all we know there was that kindly support right up until a breaking point and we hear everything that comes after.

I’m truly no Kiffin fan. I think he’s a smarmy prick and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he was just a total asshole to a kid in crisis. But I have a hard time saying that for certain just from the story and the audio clip.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Chicat wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:07 am
pc in NM wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:56 am

Hard to gain any real insights from that short clip as far as what either the player or coaches were going through. And we don’t know what was said in that meeting before the player hit record. For all we know there was that kindly support right up until a breaking point and we hear everything that comes after.

I’m truly no Kiffin fan. I think he’s a smarmy prick and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he was just a total asshole to a kid in crisis. But I have a hard time saying that for certain just from the story and the audio clip.
Good points, Chi.

I'm reacting to what was presented. I'm similarly critical of Kiffin, and not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

― Kinky Friedman
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Friendly reminder I met (trained) Brittany Fulmer and she, in the sweetest southern drawl, proclaimed “We don’t talk about him. We hate him. He’s a douchebag.” about Kiffin.

Edit: Haha I see I shared this story above already.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »