Fuck asu

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCatInTheHat

On Ranking Colleges

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

This is pretty random, but I stumbled on a list of magazines ranked by circulation. Media has really changed, as the top ten ranked magazines all cater to specialty audiences. Then you get the supermarket check-out types, then the health, food, and Suzie Homemaker mags. Finally, you get to the former biggies, like Sports Illustrated, Time, etc. That's the top 50. Dig into the newsy category, and there are some familiar names, but also plenty of specialty titles. They showed 25 there. But no US News & World Report, the self-proclaimed ranker of colleges and universities. I've always thought their process was ridiculous, where they compare tiny private liberal arts colleges to massive public research universities, where they give unimportant categories inappropriate weight, and where they allow schools (with an obvious conflict of interest) to self-report information. It's a weird little niche market, where they also sell advertising to schools, and you can draw your own conclusions about that. And so that's how you get an ASU, digging through the bottom of the barrel to find something to brag about, blaring advertising about being "Number One In Innovation." It comes from a flawed process and an obscure source. But, I guess it sounds better than Number One In STDs.
dmjcat

Re: Fuck asu

Post by dmjcat »

Even their recruits are jumping ship
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Rudy Carpenter with insight into the limited reality of ASU Football - from an interview with Compare.Bet: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us

"...Carpenter stresses multiple times that he’s “rooting for Kenny Dillingham” and hopes he can turn the Arizona State football team around."

“I’m someone who wants this program to really do well; I want to see ASU succeed,” Carpenter said. “I’m happy we have someone young in there — fresh ideas, innovative, understands the kids a little bit better. But I think ASU and that program is going to continue to struggle until they make a lot of changes at the administration level. And that’s not just the athletic director spot. That’s one spot."

“At ASU it’s been a bunch of the same old people who were there well before I went there who are just ecstatic about collecting checks. As long as they are getting their checks and their benefits and everything else that comes with it, that’s fine. And if ASU is 7-5 every year, who cares? To me, that’s not acceptable. To them, it has been. And to the president of the school (Michael Crow) it’s been acceptable for sure.”

"Carpenter does not see a department willing to push the envelope, and he would love to see a Dillingham-like shakeup at the administrative level that would “reinvigorate that entire building with young, talented, capable people, not a bunch of administrators that are happy to collect checks while saying the politically correct things every day.”

"A strong push by Arizona State’s most wealthy donors could be the most realistic way to get it done, but Carpenter isn’t holding his breath. “It’s really difficult,” Carpenter said. “Why? Because who do those boosters love the most? Those administrators. Why? Because the administrators give them carte blanche for everything and anything they want to do. They kowtow to them. It is what it is, but personally I’d like to see an entire shakeup. Again, I’m rooting for Kenny. I love (newly-hired assistant) Charlie Ragle. I hope that staff does well. But to me it’s very similar to NFL teams. When you have a terrible ownership group, it’s really, really difficult.”

“You hear so much that it’s a sleeping giant and yada, yada, yada. They’ve never been able to really get it off the ground, and there are a lot of reasons for that. I think someone who has been a fan here for a long time understands some of what the limitations are. I think Kenny understands that. I think it’s a good hire. He’s super enthusiastic and he really wants to be successful in this job. I’m happy for him.”

Wow - nails a lot of relevant points; can't say I disagree with anything Carpenter says!
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Wow - nails a lot of relevant points; can't say I disagree with anything Carpenter says!
Really? Even the bit about wanting them to succeed?

I have one word for that: Fuck ASU.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

3-9 record; worst in school history = met expectations as far as anybody out of state is concerned
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

RichardCranium wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:30 pm
Really? Even the bit about wanting them to succeed?

I have one word for that: Fuck ASU.
Whoa buddy, see my qualifier: "...insight into the limited reality of ASU Football..."

Carpenter's thoughts into how ASU's administratively holds up the football program are insightful and well summarized.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

No offense Cats, but just the fact that I had to read that much insight on what ASU people are thinking only wants me to say 1000X more:

Fuck ASSU
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

How did ASSU do with recruiting up to early signing day? Anybody?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Supposedly top 50. So that's up from CHE's disaster in the 90s last year with the sanctions first anticipated and the obvious "dead man walking" situation, and Dillingham's new on the job, so woo-hoo. All true. But...you also have a big impact from graduation and transfer exodus, with the resulting availability of instant playing time. At this point, I'd call it patching holes.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think they ended about 60th and had like 15-17 HS recruits.

What I saw that was hilarious he asked for 45k at their spring game
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Here's 247's rankings. https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Footb ... mRankings/

Arizona is 44th. ASu is 60th, which puts them 11th in the PAC. Ahead of only CAL, unless I missed something.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Exactly a month after Arizona State hired Kenny Dillingham, two sets of fan opinions have emerged:

Group 1) Wait & See by those more so looking past Kenny Dillingham to recognize with caution how the Sun Devils program is going on over 20 years stuck in a purgatory of consistently cycling through coaches every 5/6 seasons.

Group 2) (Over-)Optimism by those impressed by everything/anything Dillingham has said so far, his “energy,” and his recruiting which IMO hasn’t done much more than shore up ongoing losses to the transfer portal, but still, that’s much better result than any Herm would’ve managed.

Group 2 is excited about Dillingham’s youth – age 32. Group 2 wants to give Dillingham a “total pass for next year cause he would have absolutely no talent to work with,” to pull a quote from a Sun Devils’ message board. They are right about the dearth of roster talent, but why the pass? Presumably his youth is the blindling factor: “Dillingham is the long term solution fans have clamored for.” Summing up their sentiment: “The talent level of this team is still lower half of the PAC. I liked the CKD hire because he is a long term solution.”

If Arizona State’s new hire was a more seasoned 20 years older we’d probably hear more from Group 1 reasonably hoping the new coach will ‘leave the program in better shape than he found it.’
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I just shake my head at their exuberance about bringing home former AZ transfers when they laughed at Fisch for the original strategy.

Then you have their honk, Karpman applauding their recruiting of three star AZ guys and recruiting Az HS talent when he railed on the cats for doing that.

The hypocrisy is thick at Tempe Normal
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

So now Xazavian Valladay is going pro. Considering how we completely sold-out on defense to slow him down (and made Trenton Bourguet look like a star as a result), that's a biggee. He joins the exodus of a lot of linemen on both sides of the ball, a good young CB, and a very good punter. They've replaced the punter with somebody not quite as good from NM St, and they'll bring in QB Drew Pyne from Notre Dame and WR Jake Smith from USC. But Pyne will be running for his life a fair amount and slinging it to Smith and Sanders a lot more than they'd like, and their defense will have its challenges. We need to make it two in a row with a win in Tempe next November.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

And now starting LB Conner Soelle, and their starting K Carter Brown. So, by my unofficial scorecard, that's about 5 good gets coming in, and about 10 significant losses going out via the transfer portal. With back-to-back league-worst recruiting classes, that's not "housecleaning" by a new coach, unless that's what they also called it on the Titanic. And still...sanctions to come. Fisch needs to take full advantage.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

F ASSU
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Video assessment on ASU hiring Kenny Dillingham, posted two weeks ago:

“So, he was going to become the youngest power five head coach in the country, but was he qualified for the job? The short answer was yes. Kenny’s offenses were ridiculously effective. Oregon had one of the most productive units in the country.”

“…but is this a good hire? In my opinion I’m going to give this a ‘B Minus.’ They may have needed someone a little but more experienced to bring them out of this hole, but he also has a lot of potential. He’s going to be good on offense. He has local recruiting ties and seems to be a coaching Phenom.”

“Because of all the NCAA stuff though, the Sun Devils are likely going to have to face some fallout and given the state of the program as is, it’s going to take a little while to give Kenny a fair judgement.”

“Overall though, Arizona State is in a pretty bad spot. Because of everything going on with the NCAA he will have to rebuild a troubled roster and he does not have a lot of experience running a program…either way though I think this will be a good hire and Dillingham was the right guy for the job.”

CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:42 pm And now starting LB Conner Soelle, and their starting K Carter Brown. So, by my unofficial scorecard, that's about 5 good gets coming in, and about 10 significant losses going out via the transfer portal. With back-to-back league-worst recruiting classes, that's not "housecleaning" by a new coach, unless that's what they also called it on the Titanic. And still...sanctions to come. Fisch needs to take full advantage.
Was checking up on their roster a bit – rosters in general are harder to predict given the accelerated turnover via the transfer portal and Covid granting additional SR year eligibility.

Along with Connor Soelle transferring to Oregon, his older brother Kyle Soelle, a starting linebacker, has exhausted his eligibility. And starting since his freshman year, and likely late-round NFL draft pick, Merlin Robertson will be gone as well. To make matters worse, ASU has only TWO remaining returning linebackers left on their two-deep, though Dillingham has picked up three additional transfers from the portal. Players from Kansas State, BYU, and Washington State. Still, that’s a ton of turnover for one of ASU’s sturdier units these past few years.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Arizona State lands Jaden Rashada, a top ranked QB for the 2023 cycle. Quite a get to open Dillingham's tenure.

Rashada reopened his recruiting a month ago when a $13M NIL deal set up through the Florida Gators Collective fell through. Before that he was committed to Miami for the $8M deal they'd set up for him.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

That's quite a large pile of cash for the 163rd ranked player. Although 247 has him at 44th, and the #6 QB.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Good player, but is he worth the baggage? Originally committed to Miami, then backed out when their $8 mil NIL deal fell through. Then committed to Florida, but similar story with a $13 mil NIL. Heard rumors that his dad was a problem at both places, and why the deals were never signed. Great talent at QB, but helicopter Dad who butts in where he doesn't belong. Shades of Todd Marinovich, or in basketball, the Ball family. Could work out in Tempe, but ultimately, these players usually aren't worth the headaches they, and their families ultimately bring.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

I’d be interested to hear what his NIL deal is because if it’s even $5M that’s practically the entire ASU NIL budget so I’m betting it’s going to be much less. He has to have a rep now as a greedy me-first player so I have to wonder who was willing to back up the truck for him other than ASSU.
GlobalCat

Post by GlobalCat »

A freshman QB making more than Michael Crow certainly gives the president ammunition to go to the AZBOR to ask for a(nother) raise.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Dillingham is doing very well getting players. Too bad Herm isn't still there.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Well now that its all pretty much done, how did they do overall? Did they have a decent recruiting/transfer class? Did they address all their needs?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ASSU had playing time to sell and they got bodies that didn’t play much through the portal so for me, it’s a mixed bag right now.

Rashada was a nice pull. Their freshman class is much better than it was looking under Herm.

I don’t think this class here was as good as Fisch class last year but maybe we should ask chief LOL

We were in the top 25 last year and high 30’s this year and their class this year was low 50’s I think. 20 guys with 1 four star and 17 three stars
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Class rankings:

UA 41
ASU 46

Nat'l: https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Footb ... mRankings/
Pac12: https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Footb ... nce=Pac-12

Our recruits & transfers: https://247sports.com/college/arizona/S ... l/Commits/

ASU's overall rank is higher with transfers. Apparently they have the 10th best transfers class in the nation
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

If you're a professor and you have a football player who is making $13 million dollars, is it hard for that teacher not to be angry?
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Irish27 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:36 pm If you're a professor and you have a football player who is making $13 million dollars, is it hard for that teacher not to be angry?
Why would professors care how much money their students have or make? I’m sure it’s not just the team QB who has more money than they do. When I was at UA I knew plenty of rich kids.

At least the football player is also generating revenue and furthering the reputation of the university.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Football and basketball coaches are generally the highest paid state employees.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

According to the Athletic, Rashada doesn’t have an NIL deal with ASU. The word they used was “non-existent”.

I guess we’ll see if he has the talent to get a deal based on his performance on the college football field.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Merkin wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:21 am
Dang - I thought Tom Petty died. My mistake.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Beat writer from Fansided asks what fair expectations might be for ASU’s 2023 season:

“...Arizona State football isn’t going to be an easy rebuild. The Sun Devils have lost multiple starters on the offensive line in the transfer portal, despite making 26 additions including former Notre Dame starter Drew Pyne.”

“If you include the 2023 recruiting class, which has 20 players signed total, with JUCOs, Arizona State football will have 46 new scholarship players out of 85 total. That’s definitely an overhaul."

"The idea of adding guys in the transfer portal is to win right away or at least come close to doing that...but the question is, what does that mean for 2023 in terms of wins? I’d say something in the 4-6 win range is a realistic expectation and as long as the Sun Devils beat their non-power 5 opponents, it will be hard to be disappointed with what Dillingham does in his first season, knowing how far there is to go after the Herm Edwards debacle.”
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

azcat49 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:53 pm What I saw that was hilarious he asked for 45k at their spring game
And yesterday he got what was generously rounded up by a friendly sportswriter to 5,000. "We say we want to be a football town. (The) crowd ... (was) not what a football town should be." Well, good luck with that. When you have a barely winning record (51%), and you can't average 50K for the last 5 years in a metro area of 4.5M, that's not a college football town, and it's never going back to Kushville. That's all before the NCAA sanctions hit. In the world of the transfer portal, where you go for one year's playing time, what do you think happens then? (Answer...Bye.) Dillingham reminds me of Mike Stoops a little. He inherited a bad situation, and people generally liked him well enough. But he wasn't ready to be a head coach, it took him too long to win under the circumstances, and he couldn't maintain the initial quality of his coaching staff over time. Dillingham got a head coaching job at age 32 (Stoops was 41), but he inherits a bad team, probation, and UArizona about to hit it's stride. If he thinks the ASU administration will be understanding and loyal to him, he's out of his mind. He's a place-holder to crutch them through this mess, and if anybody pays to show up because he was at Oregon...great. He'll get paid, and he'll have head coach on his resume...just like Stoops. Then I'd bet he winds up in an NFL skybox.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I thought the crowd yesterday was very impressive. Also to get 250 former players speaks volumes to his attempt to include and appreciate past players. Getting McAlister home was fantastic.

They said 23k but I am not sure it was that larger. A lot of folks were in shaded area so hard to really get an idea but the student section was packed. Just to bad that TV controls even the spring game because if they would have had it at night they would have had an even better crowd
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Just as a point of comparison. First, you've got USC, anticipating a top ten season, with an impressive crowd. (Based on ASU fan comments about our attendance, it's only because there's nothing else to do in LA.) Then, you've got a shot of our crowd. Finally, the big turnout for the sleeping giant. BTW, how many years does it take before you conclude that such lengthy "sleeping" appears to be permanent?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Glowing, inordinate assessment of Kenny Dillingham making an early mark on ASU Football – from 247Sports:

“…Kenny Dillingham is living his best life, the 33-year-old head football coach at his alma mater, and in his hometown. Today seems even cooler: Dillingham is decked out in a sweet Arizona State Tommy Bahama shirt, citing his roots as a big Jimmy Buffett fan, and is a day removed from attending a Phoenix Suns playoff game where he sat court side.”

“It’s obvious the players love Dillingham, who is the youngest head coach in the Power 5 ranks. He plays Chess against them, is more than comfortable grabbing a controller and competing in Madden, plays spades, does card tricks and even brought in a full-sized, adjustable basketball hoop to meeting room.”

“Coming out of his first spring at the the helm, it would be hard to find a better environment in college football right now than the one Dillingham is cultivating. And that’s his biggest sell on the recruiting trail.”

“After again rattling off how great a place it is to live, the networking and business opportunities available, the weather, Dillingham said “all that’s missing is the rich tradition. If you look at what Clemson did and you asked Clemson what the ceiling of Clemson was 20-years ago, people probably would’ve laughed at where they are now. There is no reason we can’t be one of the best. If people want to live in a metropolitan area, there’s no reason we can’t be one of the two best places in the country.

As promising as all that sounds, we all know it’s merely offseason hype. The Sun Devils roster has deep holes across various units, are looking to thrust a true freshman into the starting QB position, and above all, there’s just no way to know how well an inexperienced Dillingham (and staff) will hold up out of the gate. Sept 9 Vs Oklahoma State at home could signal the beginning of the end of the honeymoon given the impatience across college football.
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:26 pm Glowing, inordinate assessment of Kenny Dillingham making an early mark on ASU Football – from 247Sports:

“…Kenny Dillingham is living his best life, the 33-year-old head football coach at his alma mater, and in his hometown. Today seems even cooler: Dillingham is decked out in a sweet Arizona State Tommy Bahama shirt, citing his roots as a big Jimmy Buffett fan, and is a day removed from attending a Phoenix Suns playoff game where he sat court side.”

“It’s obvious the players love Dillingham, who is the youngest head coach in the Power 5 ranks. He plays Chess against them, is more than comfortable grabbing a controller and competing in Madden, plays spades, does card tricks and even brought in a full-sized, adjustable basketball hoop to meeting room.”

“Coming out of his first spring at the the helm, it would be hard to find a better environment in college football right now than the one Dillingham is cultivating. And that’s his biggest sell on the recruiting trail.”

“After again rattling off how great a place it is to live, the networking and business opportunities available, the weather, Dillingham said “all that’s missing is the rich tradition. If you look at what Clemson did and you asked Clemson what the ceiling of Clemson was 20-years ago, people probably would’ve laughed at where they are now. There is no reason we can’t be one of the best. If people want to live in a metropolitan area, there’s no reason we can’t be one of the two best places in the country.

As promising as all that sounds, we all know it’s merely offseason hype. The Sun Devils roster has deep holes across various units, are looking to thrust a true freshman into the starting QB position, and above all, there’s just no way to know how well an inexperienced Dillingham (and staff) will hold up out of the gate. Sept 9 Vs Oklahoma State at home could signal the beginning of the end of the honeymoon given the impatience across college football.

HAHAHHAHA he plays spades and Madden with the guys. We had our coaches that we loved Bsing with, but I never wanted to see them at weekend bonfires. I'm sure the 19 year olds love to unwind from their days as a revenue sport athlete in a major metro by having Coach Rudy play bones in the locker room. Big how do you do, fellow kids vibe.

Was he in Greek life at ASU? Semi related tangent I guess, but Arizona (and for that matter Chap-town) is a small place.

Its the hire that ASU had to make, and hes a dork so journos love him. But you can't fake cool (not that I put much stock in that, Fisch is a tennis player for goodness sake). Its another thing entirely to win.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Complete children and floor-lickers for ASU. They're all-in on the idea that if they shovel enough bullshit, it'll work like a massive TV buy in a political campaign, and they'll somehow lift ASU to the heights. No, they've got major roster issues and they face major NCAA penalties. You can crutch by a little with transfers, but they were already in a bad spot, then they lost more than they gained...because of the NCAA stuff. So the incoming guys figure they'll play beat the clock and get their year of PT before the penalties hit. Fine. Anyway, since nobody else covers them, one fanboy board endlessly hyping them may influence somebody like Wilner or Canzano to bump them up from F to D-minus in their make-believe rankings, but it's otherwise worthless. And boy-coach slapping down dominoes with players is equally meaningless. Players can have all the fun they want among themselves, but if anybody says that a college professor in a critical class with a tough grading scale is "one of us", they're kidding themselves. And finally: this thing of everybody endlessly repeating the same phrase, like "living his best life" (barf) has got to stop.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

People still play Spades? Does he play Euchre too? Have yet to meet anyone out west who knows how to play those games.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Fendicent4ever wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:27 pm
CatsbyAZ wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:26 pm “…Kenny Dillingham is living his best life, the 33-year-old head football coach at his alma mater, and in his hometown. Today seems even cooler: Dillingham is decked out in a sweet Arizona State Tommy Bahama shirt, citing his roots as a big Jimmy Buffett fan, and is a day removed from attending a Phoenix Suns playoff game where he sat court side.”

Its the hire that ASU had to make, and hes a dork so journos love him. But you can't fake cool (not that I put much stock in that, Fisch is a tennis player for goodness sake). Its another thing entirely to win.
Speaking of faking cool, does anybody here really know anybody under 40 who touts themselves as a big Jimmy Buffett fan? Or 45? Or 50? I don't even know where to start with this one, but Coach Kenny D has missed the mark if he thinks Buffett concerts are cool outside of the same demographic that watches Caddyshack for the 400th time on a Friday night. Maybe it's a well moneyed Scottsdale thing?

It's too bad Coach Kenny D doesn't expend his music fandom on something more age appropriate: "Today he seems even cooler: Dillingham is decked out in suffocatingly tight black leather pants, a spiked-collar trench coach worn over a woman's tube top, and black combat boots; his dark mascara is smeared around the eyes like coal, and his jet-black hair is thick with side-swept bangs, citing his roots as a big Marilyn Manson fan."
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:21 am
CatsbyAZ wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:26 pm “…Kenny Dillingham is living his best life, the 33-year-old head football coach at his alma mater, and in his hometown. Today seems even cooler: Dillingham is decked out in a sweet Arizona State Tommy Bahama shirt, citing his roots as a big Jimmy Buffett fan, and is a day removed from attending a Phoenix Suns playoff game where he sat court side.”

Speaking of faking cool, does anybody here really know anybody under 40 who touts themselves as a big Jimmy Buffett fan? Or 45? Or 50? I don't even know where to start with this one, but Coach Kenny D has missed the mark if he thinks Buffett concerts are cool outside of the same demographic that watches Caddyshack for the 400th time on a Friday night. Maybe it's a well moneyed Scottsdale thing?

It's too bad Coach Kenny D doesn't expend his music fandom on something more age appropriate: "Today he seems even cooler: Dillingham is decked out in suffocatingly tight black leather pants, a spiked-collar trench coach worn over a woman's tube top, and black combat boots; his dark mascara is smeared around the eyes like coal, and his jet-black hair is thick with side-swept bangs, citing his roots as a big Marilyn Manson fan."
My daughter is. Took her to a Buffet concert last year and enjoyed it as much as us old farts. Has a parrot head hat and t-shirt she wears around.

Parents bringing their kids to concerts like Buffet, Billy Joel, Rolling Stones, Elton John, etc.. are a bigger thing than you realize.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

EastCoastCat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:06 pm
CatsbyAZ wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:21 am

My daughter is. Took her to a Buffet concert last year and enjoyed it as much as us old farts. Has a parrot head hat and t-shirt she wears around.

Parents bringing their kids to concerts like Buffet, Billy Joel, Rolling Stones, Elton John, etc.. are a bigger thing than you realize.
Unless it's a small venue, I prefer a buffet dinner to a Buffet concert these days...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I saw my first Buffett show at La Cigale in Paris. It was pretty rad.

Intimate, historic venue near Place Pigalle in the 10th.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

EastCoastCat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:06 pm My daughter is. Took her to a Buffet concert last year and enjoyed it as much as us old farts. Has a parrot head hat and t-shirt she wears around.
If only Coach Dilly would wear this on the sidelines:

RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I gotta give mountain america credit here. The naming rights and donations and money for fieldgoals everyone does now. But to give asu students internships and financial literacy education is cool

still FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK asu
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I have always wanted Arizona Stadium to be re-named. The extra revenue is so helpful.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Irish27 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:54 pm I have always wanted Arizona Stadium to be re-named. The extra revenue is so helpful.
Maybe Rob and Teddy could put some money down for the naming rights. That way we can say “Come get your Bruschi at the Gronk”.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!