Fuck asu

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: Fuck asu

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Is that color called “cat litter”?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ASU has a bad roster, underwhelming staff and the Pac-12’s worst recruiting class in 2023," he wrote. "All that, and a milquetoast 25-18 record under Edwards. ASU passed on starting over when the scope of the potential allegations against Edwards became apparent. Instead, they’ve emboldened the aggrieved staffers who claim they got pushed out for not cheating, who have been overloading NCAA investigators with evidence of the violations under Edwards’ watch."

This is the biggest dumpster fire in college football," the preview quoted one coach as saying about ASU. "It is absolutely mind blowing that Herm (Edwards) is still employed, at least in the mind of the college coaching community. Everyone knows it's a ticking time bomb, but no one knows if it's going off in a month or a year from now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-stat ... 06243.html

So nice to read on a Saturday morning. F ASSU
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:38 am ASU has a bad roster, underwhelming staff and the Pac-12’s worst recruiting class in 2023," he wrote. "All that, and a milquetoast 25-18 record under Edwards. ASU passed on starting over when the scope of the potential allegations against Edwards became apparent. Instead, they’ve emboldened the aggrieved staffers who claim they got pushed out for not cheating, who have been overloading NCAA investigators with evidence of the violations under Edwards’ watch."

This is the biggest dumpster fire in college football," the preview quoted one coach as saying about ASU. "It is absolutely mind blowing that Herm (Edwards) is still employed, at least in the mind of the college coaching community. Everyone knows it's a ticking time bomb, but no one knows if it's going off in a month or a year from now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-stat ... 06243.html

So nice to read on a Saturday morning. F ASSU
If the answer is to let "good old Herm" retire after this year on his own terms before the official sanctions hit the fan while clinging to the myth that he didn't know about anything going on, good luck with that. Then you're going to hire a permanent head coach inheriting sanctions trying to build excitement and momentum? This is all about Crow's ego and refusal to admit his mistake. Edwards should have been cut when the revelations came out, and if Anderson wanted to quit over it, no great loss. Just elevate carry-over people as interim replacements, and they could have forced a speed-up of the issue with a self-imposed post-season ban in a year when you won't make it anyway. Then, when the clouds clear, you hire somebody new. But Crow's whole concept is a "CEO" figurehead who provides continuity while assistants come and go. Well, it looks like he got the continuity he wanted. Meanwhile, whatever they've done head-to-head versus our self-inflicted Robbins/RichRod/Sumlin fiasco is independent of their overall mess. Oh, and considering his oh-so-valuable judgment, let's let Crow hold his breath until he turns blue trying to dictate realignment strategy for both schools. (Somebody que Randy Newman's Short People.)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I think they're having Herm hold on until they know what the penalty is. It's almost impossible to land a decent head coach with that cloud hanging over your head.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:38 am ASU has a bad roster, underwhelming staff and the Pac-12’s worst recruiting class in 2023," he wrote. "All that, and a milquetoast 25-18 record under Edwards. ASU passed on starting over when the scope of the potential allegations against Edwards became apparent. Instead, they’ve emboldened the aggrieved staffers who claim they got pushed out for not cheating, who have been overloading NCAA investigators with evidence of the violations under Edwards’ watch."
I might be the only one who doesn't think 25-18 is a bad w/l for ASU these past few years? I was expecting much worse under Herm. Recruiting started well and the Devils upset and few teams.

Most of the preseason mags put ASU between 50-75 which is a no mans land of default mediocrity where a few teams rise up and others collapse into the 100s, which I'm thinking ASU is primed for the latter.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Guess I'm just putting this here because of the thread title. If you're an ASU alum, obviously it's normal to wear a school shirt in metro Phoenix at any time (and also Tucson if you have a chip on your shoulder.) And to any ASU game anywhere. But I can't see it if you live out-of-state and have any sense whatsoever. I get the fan-boy thing for the big football and basketball schools, and that includes Arizona hoops jerseys reflecting a program that attracts generic fans all over the place who've never set foot in Arizona. I think it's lame, but I guess I also get strutting around if you're a self-important alum of an Ivy League school or something like that. But ASU: good at providing on-line high school classes (true), good at self-promotion, good at self-provided data to an otherwise obscure magazine for completely unscientific ratings, and allegedly good in the vague and completely unquantifiable area of "innovation." And in athletics, either completely mediocre or involved in massive scandals. That's about it. It would be like strutting around in a CS-Northridge, CS-Dominguez Hills, or Saddleback College shirt. It's a shrug if you went somewhere like that, but you wouldn't run out and buy a license plate holder or wave a flag about it. No biggee, but I saw someone wearing one on my walk the other day, and I kind of simultaneously rolled my eyes and scratched my head over it. I'm not talking about the cultural phenomenon of the Phoenix family of four in the cringe-worthy matching Halloween costumes during their one-week summer vacation. This is Jethro Bodine, proud of being a graduate of the Sixth Grade, parading around thinking he's "competing" with USC, Yale, etc. Just odd, and I'm quite sure it doesn't generate the desired effect. Just a random musing.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Raised in Tucson, Graduated at U of A, gone to every game I could through the years regardless of sport, and have worked out of state for 30 years. I guess I’ll just throw out all my school garb just to make a gato happy.

…NOT!

I wear my garb proudly. Yes - I own a pair of car flags.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:02 pm Guess I'm just putting this here because of the thread title. If you're an ASU alum, obviously it's normal to wear a school shirt in metro Phoenix at any time (and also Tucson if you have a chip on your shoulder.) And to any ASU game anywhere. But I can't see it if you live out-of-state and have any sense whatsoever. I get the fan-boy thing for the big football and basketball schools, and that includes Arizona hoops jerseys reflecting a program that attracts generic fans all over the place who've never set foot in Arizona. I think it's lame, but I guess I also get strutting around if you're a self-important alum of an Ivy League school or something like that. But ASU: good at providing on-line high school classes (true), good at self-promotion, good at self-provided data to an otherwise obscure magazine for completely unscientific ratings, and allegedly good in the vague and completely unquantifiable area of "innovation." And in athletics, either completely mediocre or involved in massive scandals. That's about it. It would be like strutting around in a CS-Northridge, CS-Dominguez Hills, or Saddleback College shirt. It's a shrug if you went somewhere like that, but you wouldn't run out and buy a license plate holder or wave a flag about it. No biggee, but I saw someone wearing one on my walk the other day, and I kind of simultaneously rolled my eyes and scratched my head over it. I'm not talking about the cultural phenomenon of the Phoenix family of four in the cringe-worthy matching Halloween costumes during their one-week summer vacation. This is Jethro Bodine, proud of being a graduate of the Sixth Grade, parading around thinking he's "competing" with USC, Yale, etc. Just odd, and I'm quite sure it doesn't generate the desired effect. Just a random musing.
The Jethro Bodine comment made me remember a line from The Sopranos where Anthony Jr. is trying to get into college and, being a braindead ditz, he is loosing option after option as his grades continue to fall. Eventually there's some great line where his counselor says something like: "If he doesn't get a D+ on that exam he may not even get into Arizona State."
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Devils out a starting DE for season. ASU's defensive front seven is the deepest and most proven part of their roster.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

asu with the worst NIL of all time just basically the players themselves asking for money and proving Q&A as compensation
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Figured that account was making a poor attempt at a joke, but no. In my email this morning the official Sun Devils Athletics office sent me this:

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

It's the donor's last name. Still stupid.
-JB
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck ASU
-JB
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:06 pm It's the donor's last name. Still stupid.
A donor having this name and getting an arena named after him is the most perfect ASU thing ever. *Chef's Kiss*
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

AZCatGirl wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:20 pm
UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:06 pm It's the donor's last name. Still stupid.
A donor having this name and getting an arena named after him is the most perfect ASU thing ever. *Chef's Kiss*
You mean like The Cole and Jeannie Davis Sports Center?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Fuck ASU
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Hide your children.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Well, if the idea is to terrify Oklahoma St players, make their alumni feel proud, and impress anyone watching with the innovative nature of their institution, I think they've struck gold.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Sparky is a chomo.

What ECC said.
-JB
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

lol ASU...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

BWAHAHAHAA

ASU will always be the biggest losers.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

First ever win for a MAC team against a PAC team in the regular season :lol:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Speaking of fuck asu whatever happened to the CactusRanch???

I was looking forward to drinking some scum devil tears but when I went to the website it appears that it has been dead since last November.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I believe that's the first time in almost 4 years we have won and ASU lost on the same day. Love those double whammies!
-JB
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Must be interesting work running a program straight into the ground and making millions doing it. Sumlin and Herm should start a club.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

This is the collapse I was waiting for. Losing at home to Eastern Michigan. Until last night I thought ASU was playing better than expected with a drubbing of NAU and also hanging in the 2nd half with a much higher ranked Oklahoma St team last week. The lines played well, the front seven looked good, and they seemed like a six win type of team.

But now it’s back to the drawing board where I suspected they’d be. At some point all the transfers, coaching turnover, and worsening recruiting was going to catch up.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

They probably want Urban Meyer and worried Nebraska can lock him up.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

asu is going to have to go after a young coach due to the NCAA investigation.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That’s a shame.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:05 pm
Coach Edwards wants to know who these two people familiar the decision are:

-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Dude is 68, take the money and retire. Or maybe that was the plan.

Scheer? (j/k)
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

How did Herm not get fired in the off-season?

Who didn’t see this happening
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Also- I’m just loving following ASU twitter right now!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alieberman wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:39 pm How did Herm not get fired in the off-season?
It's my belief that they were waiting until the NCAA decision came down.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Well, bless their little hearts.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Devils inferno: one of the posters wants to hire North Dakota States head football coach.

https://247sports.com/college/arizona-s ... 03/?page=1

What the scum dummies don't understand is that this is only the first shoe to drop. Wait until the NCAA drops the hammer on them for exposing recruits and their families to a deadly virus during a pandemic.

And what kind of coach are they going to get? (knowing that the other shoe hasn't dropped yet). Maybe Sumlin is available :lol:

I wish CactusRanch hadn't shut down. It would have provided at least an hour of entertainment.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Wow! About time. Which is better? A coach who, because of his drinking, didn't care. Or a coach who thrives on breaking rules and cheating to get an edge.
TheCatInTheHat

FUCK ASU

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Cool. Now the Phoenix media narrative goes from: "ASU really sucks this year, while UofA seems to be doing pretty well", "Edwards will definitely get fired at the end of the year", "ASU's going to really get nailed with probation" to: "ASU's going to go after Urban Meyer, or Jon Gruden, or Vince Lombardi." (Scratch that last one.) Now we know how Napoleon Crow's corporate model worked out. Try pinning all problems on underling assistant coach scapegoats to protect the C suite types. So now they'll try to throw $5M a year at somebody and hope that's enough to ignore the coming probation. But, in the world of today's transfer portal, it's pretty deadly to recruiting, which is pretty deadly to a coaching reputation, unless you're old and just going for one last big payday as a bridge to retirement. From past experience, previous success in a resource-rich environment (Dennis Erickson, Bill Frieder, etc) doesn't translate to Cal State Tempe.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Thank god they have Bobby locked up.