Fuck asu

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

OSUCat

Re: Fuck asu

Post by OSUCat »

As others have said, who really takes the job without knowing the penalties?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Don't think Sitake or Smith would take it.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Bill O'Brien would take the job.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... m-edwards/

If I was asu, I would hire Deion out of all those coaches. He would be able to bring in top recruits. With the pending investigation, asu most likely will have scholarships taken away. Plus, the national recognition he brings would be worth it.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Irish27 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 am https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... m-edwards/

If I was asu, I would hire Deion out of all those coaches. He would be able to bring in top recruits. With the pending investigation, asu most likely will have scholarships taken away. Plus, the national recognition he brings would be worth it.
Deion grew up in Florida, went to FSU, and now coaches in Miss. I just don't see him coming west. Would be a fascinating hire, but likely short term. If he did well, some SEC school with deep pockets would lure him back much closer to home.

Rhule would be a fantastic hire. But he's going to be on the short list of every college opening, including likely Nebraska. Leftwich is likely getting an NFL job, and deservedly so. Mullen in a retread who alienated just about everyone in Gainesville, just like Harsin is doing at Auburn. The coordinators are interesting, but you never can tell what they will be like as head coaches.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

How does Rick Neuheisel and Justin Wilcox name keep coming up in every pac-12 Coach search? I wouldn’t mine ASU going this route, just surprise to see their names for every pac-12 job.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ztonyg

Post by ztonyg »

RichRod?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ztonyg wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:52 pmRichRod?
Antonio Pierce can be his new drinking buddy and they can chase the players' MILF together. Nothing like a wing man.
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

I've had a blast reading the boards and magazine comments all day.

Reality is the following:

Crow is a fart sniffing faculty lounge idiot. Turned a safety school into a commuter school, sold most of the charming parts of campus off (A G**-d***** Pete Dye Golf Course on campus) to build call centers, and started branding on stupid intangible stuff. And thats not even touching that he was Larry Scotts bank the last 15 years.

NCAA sanctions looming. And as we've learned here, they loom for the better part of a decade these days. Those won't go away.

In large part because Crow stinks and enabled Larry, the PAC is rotting. Remember, Rice and SMU were in the Southwestern Conference once. There is no money in this crap conference, and no guarantee that theres a safe harbor for any of the schools remaining at the moment.

With all of that in mind, I LOVE seeing ASU fans/alums rattling off names like Matt Campbell or PJ Fleck, as if proven coaches would sniff the place nevermind take a massive pay cut to move there.

ASU is going to get a Larry Fedora/Norm Chow/Glen Mason type, a no name coordinator or a guy from FCS. Maybe they get lucky with the latter but I wouldn't be bullish on them at all even if I wasn't an Arizona fan/alum.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

I think they should hire a proven leader like Scott Frost.

But I bet they want to see if Bryan Harsin is going to get fired with the hope that Auburn was just a bad fit for a west coast guy.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Might be an interesting time. With the two LA schools leaving and the playoffs expanding, you only have to go through Oregon, Utah, Washington and AZ to get to the playoffs. Maybe a risky big name might look at that and sign on?

I laughed today when ESPIN called the job a lower mid level job where they should go after a G5 coach or a conference coordinator. Bet their fans hated hearing that
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

dmjcat wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:24 am Speaking of fuck asu whatever happened to the CactusRanch???

I was looking forward to drinking some scum devil tears but when I went to the website it appears that it has been dead since last November.
Check out another board of theirs - Devils Inferno: https://247sports.com/college/arizona-s ... no-102980/

Current Thread titles:

Headed for a 3-9 season

If you really want the fans back…Fire Ray.

Ray looked old today. Sucking epically tends to really age you.

This CRAPFEST is on YOU “president” crow. All YOU.

Boycott Sun Devil Stadium: "I know it’s already pitiful how empty it is, but let’s go further. Cancel season tickets /and watch the embarrassment at home. Eff herm and crow.. rich people with half the heart of us fans. Let’s find a young coach who spends all day drawing plays in the back seat of their Honda. I don’t want another old has been who is loooking for a retirement hand out. Herm is all cliche quotes, no real heart there. He’s a fake."
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

How accurate is this?

https://saturdayoutwest.com/arizona-sta ... rds-fired/

Report: Arizona State staffers were leaking info to help opponents, get Herm Edwards fired
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I hope true :lol:
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

1stNGrant Frys wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:41 am How accurate is this?

Report: Arizona State staffers were leaking info to help opponents, get Herm Edwards fired
If true, at the end of the season, Fire them All!

Don’t retain a single one. Not One.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Are we sure it wasn’t Herm leaking the info so that he could ensure he got fired before the NCAA dropped the hammer so that he could get his massive buyout?
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Either way - they are all Herm’s guys. Survive the rest of the season, then they all got to go.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Doug Haller is legit and while the Athletic writers are annoying as can be they are good at their jobs so I think it is safe to assume it is accurate and true
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

How do you think the players are feeling knowing that coaches/staffers are selling them out. I expect them to implode.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Eeek, this is getting ugly.

With the headlines reading "Arizona State staffers" are the leaks suspected from Herm's own (assistant) coaching ranks or from admin support ranks within the Athletic Department, who had access to coaching materials?

If the culprit turns out to be an assistant coach I can't see how college football would ever want to hire this individual again.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

OSUCat wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:21 pm How do you think the players are feeling knowing that coaches/staffers are selling them out. I expect them to implode.
Can’t be any worse than knowing your assistant coach banged your mom. Humiliation and Shame are their school colors.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

sh*tting their pants is also their school colors
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Mustard and ketchup

Rust and piss
-JB
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

ASU's alternate uniforms weren't well received by the internet last Saturday:

College Football Team Wore Worst Uniforms Of All-Time Yesterday: https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/co ... -yesterday

"Things have been ugly at Arizona State for quite some time, but this weekend it even extended to the team's uniforms. During Saturday's game against Washington, the Sun Devils ditched their traditional maroon and gold for an all-khaki/highlighter yellow look that wasn't flattering at all. Fans couldn't believe what they saw out in Tempe."
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I found a pair of mostly white Nike mid basketball shoes with a different color accent/swoosh/sole at the outlet that were exactly what I was looking for and they even had my unique half size in stock, and a good price.

I didn't buy them because the accent color was maroon.

fuck asu
-JB
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

And asu gets slaughtered/ridiculed on National TV.............again

For those that haven't heard a retirement community (located in the heart of scum dummie land), has been filing lawsuits alleging the students are too loud.

Fast forward to the 5 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c0vKlpOGtE
mofo

Post by mofo »

dmjcat wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:35 am And asu gets slaughtered/ridiculed on National TV.............again

For those that haven't heard a retirement community (located in the heart of scum dummie land), has been filing lawsuits alleging the students are too loud.

Fast forward to the 5 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c0vKlpOGtE
ASU didn't have anything to do with this, unless you're referencing it's reputation at a party school (if UofA isn't, then things have changed drastically since I was there). The bar's been there for years. The retirement high rise was just recently built. The old farts moved in and now want to stop the bands at the bar that have been playing there for years. The lawsuit was successful - the bar can't have bands now. I also heard that the judge in the case is or was affiliated with the plaintiff's law firm. How that didn't get thrown out I have no idea. I believe it's being appealed currently, but in the meantime the old folks have won. Makes zero sense. I believe the Wall Street Journal had a piece on this as well.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

”Edwards has agreed to take only 50% of the buyout money owed to him, according to The State Press. That means ASU will pay him roughly $4.4 million through 2024.”

“Why did Herm Edwards leave millions of dollars on the table? It’s not clear, and there’s no question it’s a strange move…Buyout money is pretty much always guaranteed…One possible explanation is ASU held possible violations over his head as leverage to void any guaranteed money.”

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

<sad clown face>
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That’s a shame.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

The fact that Stanford won that game is hilarious.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

What ECC said
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I heartily endorse this. Give him a lifetime contract.

-JB
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

So that means he'll be fired before the end of the football season then?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:06 pm It's the donor's last name. Still stupid.
Deadspin letting Mullet Arena have it this morning.

The article is more geared to bash the NHL, specifically Bettman and the Coyotes, but either way, it’s news to me. I didn’t know the NHL planned Mullet arena as a weigh station for the Coyotes.

edit to post this quote:

“Mullett Arena is the temporary solution the Coyotes came up with, essentially playing in a warehouse outfitted to be a college arena because A) they were booted out of the arena they foisted upon the residents of Glendale because they were such shitty tenants in every way and B) they still don’t have a permanent solution.”
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

I’m not sure Mickey Andrews is worth the potential hire, but whatever.

"HuskerOnline has confirmed that there has been contact between Joseph’s representation (Atlanta-based law firm Kilpatrick Townsend) and an entity directly tied to ASU’s coaching search.”

“Aguano is 2-3 as the interim coach of the Sun Devils heading into the team's game against UCLA on Saturday at Sun Devil Stadium. Joseph is also 2-3 as the interim coach of the Huskers. Nebraska hosts Minnesota on Saturday.”

RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Wait. You're telling me that the A$Whooo interim head coach is named AGUANO?

Ain't that a 💩?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

If they are going to go after Mickey from Nebraska, then they really should consider Coach Water. To me he has shown a good presence and demeanor as interim coach the past few games, much better than Edwards, and the players seem to be rallying around him. Don't know his experience, but I don't think they could do worse and at least not take anymore time away from recuiting that they have lost out on the past year+.

Not going to be a lot of choices come the end of the season and timing is important.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And I bet actual attendance averaged around 30k for ASU
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ztonyg

Post by ztonyg »

Merkin wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:53 pm
He seems like the anti Herm Edwards.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Even from an objective standpoint, this looks like a very bad hire. He's like 12 years old and was crying at his presser.

Any recruit in his right mind is going to stay well away from that disaster of a program who cheats and will, if they get what they deserve, have very heavy sanctions imposed.

Fuck ASU.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:16 pm Even from an objective standpoint, this looks like a very bad hire. He's like 12 years old and was crying at his presser.

Any recruit in his right mind is going to stay well away from that disaster of a program who cheats and will, if they get what they deserve, have very heavy sanctions imposed.

Fuck ASU.
Dillingham may turn out to be a competent head coach, but I give him less than a 50% chance of surviving more than 4 years.

What the delusional asu fanbase doesn't realize is that they have not yet hit rock bottom.....and it will take 3-4 years to rebuild from that point. asu just lost most of the talent they did have to graduation. And I would not be surprised if at least a moderate portion of Herms kids that remain hit the transfer portal. asu had the worst recruiting class in school history last year, and its on track to match that again this year. Next year, if asu is lucky, will be rock bottom as they will have less talent (perhaps significantly less) than they had this year.

This rosy scenario doesn't even factor in what the NCAA is likely to inflict on asu in terms of sanctions. Since the crime involved recruiting I would not be surprised if the punishment ends up being a combination of loss of scholarships combined with limitations on off-campus recruiting and visits.....which will only compound the lack of talent issue they have now.

Bottom line, asu is in for a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg, painful rebuilding process. My money would be on Dillinghams successor returning asu to the top half of the PACWhatever. For Mr. Dillinghams sake I hope his lawyer cut a very long contract with a large buyout clause.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

^^^

Checked into this thread to lay out pretty much the same points and find most everything I wanted to stay already said above by dmj.

With the TWO(!) consecutive seasons of poor recruiting AND(!) the unresolved NCAA investigation, ASU is facing a worse short term future than just about anybody else in the FBS ranks.

My only additional thought is that Kenny Dillingham is the type of hire made if both parties know this is a lame duck hire thanks to the NCAA Investigation. Instead of the usual dynamic of an interim acting as a head coach, Dillingham's hire is the reverse - an interim hired to act as a functional, place holding HC until the potential NCAA penalties and aftermath resolve.

I say that, but don't think it's exactly the case because I have zero faith in Ray Anderson attributing this much complexity to his decision. He's too obtuse. RA more likely believes he's hiring a bright young gun while Dillingham - "hey, why not!" - is waking up feeling like Jeff Saturday.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

dmjcat wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:16 pm
Carcassdragger wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:16 pm Even from an objective standpoint, this looks like a very bad hire. He's like 12 years old and was crying at his presser.

Fuck ASU.
Dillingham may turn out to be a competent head coach, but I give him less than a 50% chance of surviving more than 4 years.

What the delusional asu fanbase doesn't realize is that they have not yet hit rock bottom.....and it will take 3-4 years to rebuild from that point. asu just lost most of the talent they did have to graduation. And I would not be surprised if at least a moderate portion of Herms kids that remain hit the transfer portal. asu had the worst recruiting class in school history last year, and its on track to match that again this year. Next year, if asu is lucky, will be rock bottom as they will have less talent (perhaps significantly less) than they had this year.

This rosy scenario doesn't even factor in what the NCAA is likely to inflict on asu in terms of sanctions. Since the crime involved recruiting I would not be surprised if the punishment ends up being a combination of loss of scholarships combined with limitations on off-campus recruiting and visits.....which will only compound the lack of talent issue they have now.

Bottom line, asu is in for a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg, painful rebuilding process. My money would be on Dillinghams successor returning asu to the top half of the PACWhatever. For Mr. Dillinghams sake I hope his lawyer cut a very long contract with a large buyout clause.
I'm wondering if, in the era of NIL, does a loss scholarships mean anything? I mean, if a player gets a good NIL deal, can't he afford to pay his own tuition anyway? Does anybody know if the NCAA can even restrict what, or how many, NIL deals are offered?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not sure if anyone listened to his press conference but he talked about NIL and being all in (learned from Oregon?). At one point a big booster arose and said he would pledge 1m to their collective. We might be ahead of them but they can catch up fast.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Rangle and Vince Amey are heading to ASU. Just raiding that high flying Idaho State staff and former Arizona coaches.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

I gotta say, I'm not particularly impressed or concerned by ASU, and I think dmjcat nailed it. For the foreseeable future, they're Cal State Tempe, and it's like playing the Aztecs when they're not in a particularly up year. Be wary, but expect to win. I think it's fine for people to get somewhat emotional about important things. But when you're a leader demanding composure from others, you still need to hold it a little together, and that first presser sure wasn't quite like Dick Vermeil in Invincible. So, Dillingham's inexperienced and maybe in a little over his head, as was said about Mike Stoops way back when. When I hear Ragle and Amey (and Aguano), it sounds like an instant replay of our less-than-successful prior staffing efforts. Important to do well in Arizona high school recruiting, which is what these guys are about, but you also need credibility in SoCal and Texas and a demonstrable ability to develop players and perform in-game coaching. They'll probably throw money at some bigger name assistants when things have wound down, but the name plate of the head guy and his personality and track record speak loudly. His first task will be to keep Ngata and others from the transfer portal. If there's an exodus, with their returning talent level, that will absolutely be seen as a vote of no confidence, versus any fan-boy spin about "cleaning house."