Fuck asu

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CardiacCats97

Re: Fuck asu

Post by CardiacCats97 »

MountainCat wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:49 pm
Irish27 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:54 pm I have always wanted Arizona Stadium to be re-named. The extra revenue is so helpful.
Maybe Rob and Teddy could put some money down for the naming rights. That way we can say “Come get your Bruschi at the Gronk”.
Michigan State just named their football stadium after Tom Izzo so I think Richard Jefferson should pony up a few more millions to name Arizona Stadium after himself too.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Todd Graham really landed on his feet:
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Is that his dream job?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Over the weekend Kenny Dillingham announced true freshman QB headliner Jaden Rashada as starting QB going into the season.

To share Jody Oehler's reaction:

Kenny Dillingham has knocked it out of the park

Overall impressed with Kenny Dillingham.

But I'm gonna say this...

...naming Jaden Rashada the starting quarterback,

it's just a bit much.

I think we're watching a young coach...

...probably bite off more than he can chew.

And I think we're gonna see that come into play once the games start.

More below:
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Well, to stick with the title of this thread...Fuck ASU. Herm, their big football "CEO" who was going to be the ASU brand for continuity and oversee things while coordinators came and went, got busted for cheating. Maybe they'll get off the hook with an emasculated NCAA in the suddenly relaxed NIL environment. But they still brought in "Kenny", who isn't nearly as ready as Mike Stoops was (and Stoops wasn't ready), to crutch them through a few years in the wilderness until the sanctions threat is over. So, flush goes the transfer portal out, and flush goes the transfer portal in, kind of like Colorado. The reviewers like the sum total of the incoming talent. But, they don't assess the sum total of the talent that left. So no doubt the talent level replaces that of last year's 3-9 team, except for losing experience, continuity, and team cohesion. The narrative is that "Kenny" has brought excitement, and everybody in Sun Devil Land is "happy, thrilled, and proud." That sounds better than terms like "starting over" and "expecting to get pounded for a few more years." So, it doesn't matter that he's starting a freshman over a more experienced, but debatably valid P5 QB. He probably just wants somebody who's better at running for his life.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:52 pm Over the weekend Kenny Dillingham announced true freshman QB headliner Jaden Rashada as starting QB going into the season.

To share Jody Oehler's reaction:

Kenny Dillingham has knocked it out of the park

Overall impressed with Kenny Dillingham.

But I'm gonna say this...

...naming Jaden Rashada the starting quarterback,

it's just a bit much.

I think we're watching a young coach...

...probably bite off more than he can chew.

And I think we're gonna see that come into play once the games start.

More below:
I agree with Oehler's point about Rashada. And it's not like O-line and RB are definite strengths of the team. In fact, O-line may be the biggest question mark, and their best RB from last year, X Valliday left for the draft. Having a Senior like Bourguet manage a game while he is running for his life every other play won't do anything to his confidence or playing future. Let's be honest. Bourguet has no football playing future after this year. Rashada, on the other hand, has potential. But as Oehler says, if Rashada comes out and bombs, getting rattled early and often by college football, there's a chance he never fully regains his confidence.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

If Rashada has confidence problems and it's because of Dillingham's coaching inexperience, this does not bother me. If memory serves from Tucson days, Jody played at being a contrarian, like a small market Lee Hamilton, and now he's gotten all the way to Phoenix. I wish him well. All any of this tells me is that Rashada has the ability to run for his life a little faster than Borquet and if that's what's most needed, it doesn't bode well for ASU.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

A good coach sets up his young players to have success and build their confidence. Not asking too much of him or asking him to make difficult throws or reads will be important.

Of course in true scum fashion they will expect their scum team to go 12-0 so I fully expect the young kid to meltdown
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Per Channel 3 in Phoenix, ASSU just imposed a bowl ban for dead period recruiting violations under Herm.

Funny, I thought their shitty team already had the lack of a bowl game under control. :lol:

-JB
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Way to close out your last season in the PAC.

Scummies through and through.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UAEebs86 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:59 am Per Channel 3 in Phoenix, ASSU just imposed a bowl ban for dead period recruiting violations under Herm.

Funny, I thought their shitty team already had the lack of a bowl game under control. :lol:
Yes, this righteously self-imposed bowl ban is bravely announced for a season when ASU more than likely won’t qualify for a Bowl anyway. It’s a flimsy PR move everybody sees through. It’s like announcing self-restrictions from consuming alcohol for 3 months on the day before you ship off to basic training at Paris Island. It’s already a “priced-in” expectation.

Worth noting ASU’s actions are all preemptive of what greater punishments the NCAA might impose:

“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Meanwhile, on top of their transparent manipulation, ASU is getting ripped from all sides (Wilner and several others) for waiting until the portal window closed to announce it. So there's some talk that the NCAA should give additional eligibility to those players. I'd say yes to that, but only if they sign-off on sitting out this season and transferring out at the earliest opportunity. As to their bowl ban in a non-bowl year, the NCAA should say "That's up to you, like firing Herm, but you don't get to speed up our timetable or dictate the least damaging punishment to yourself. We'll add a TV and bowl ban, along with scholarship reductions, for 2024." In any event, THAT'S why ASU hired Kenny Dillingham: he's the patsy to ride this out. It's not because of his "passion" and all the other typically self-serving crap ASU is cranking out as free content for YouTube and third-tier sports e-zines.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:33 am Meanwhile, on top of their transparent manipulation, ASU is getting ripped from all sides (Wilner and several others) for waiting until the portal window closed to announce it. So there's some talk that the NCAA should give additional eligibility to those players. I'd say yes to that, but only if they sign-off on sitting out this season and transferring out at the earliest opportunity. As to their bowl ban in a non-bowl year, the NCAA should say "That's up to you, like firing Herm, but you don't get to speed up our timetable or dictate the least damaging punishment to yourself. We'll add a TV and bowl ban, along with scholarship reductions, for 2024." In any event, THAT'S why ASU hired Kenny Dillingham: he's the patsy to ride this out. It's not because of his "passion" and all the other typically self-serving crap ASU is cranking out as free content for YouTube and third-tier sports e-zines.
The NCAA is coming down hard on this violation. Just ask Michigan. The NCAA did not accept their banning of their coach for the preseason. More to come.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

I was listening to the video with Dillingham after practice and there was a lot of "people of the world", "the world", "the world", when it should have been "Anderson and Crow", "Anderson and Crow", "Anderson and Crow".
Instead of blaming the world and how they wanted you to fail (lmao) how about you take a step back and speak on those two idiots. Yeah he was mad but didn't want to call out the one and only suspects. Good boy. Crow and Anderson got your scummy ass on a leash.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

asu should of done this a year ago. Must suck for the seniors since it's too late to transfer.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Multiple sources unloading on ASU and the national media is really coming around to the antics of Ray Anderson

Arizona State, NCAA fail players once again, should be ashamed of actions to impose postseason bowl ban - from Outkick

"Ray Anderson Should Be Embarrassed Over This Decision: The timing couldn’t have been any worse. This athletic administration decided to inform the coaching staff and players on Sunday, five days before the season opener. Even worse, they’re punishing players who had zero to do with the infractions, with only two members of the previous staff still employed by the school."

"Athletic Director Ray Anderson was the one who ran this athletic department, hiring his old buddy Herm Edwards to ultimately turn Arizona State into a joke. Maybe Anderson needs to face this music, especially with how this whole scenario has played out in Arizona. But no, they decided to punish the players who stuck around, and the transfers who said yes to Kenny Dillingham’s rebuild philosophy."

And Pat Forde didn't hold back:

"Arizona State’s Self-Imposed Bowl Ban Is the Next Act in Its Theater of Dysfunction: This latest move by the Sun Devils is yet another clownish decision brought on by the fallout of Ray Anderson’s reign and Herm Edwards’s hiring."

"When surveying the six-year festival of dysfunction that has enveloped Arizona State football, it’s tempting to start with this latest act, in which the school nukes itself with a bowl ban five days before the season opener...First, let’s review this theater of the absurd one act at a time, to see how it reached a clownish climax Sunday...
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

It's interesting that people focus on the last ten minutes of something, instead of looking at the whole picture. For our new brethren in the Big XII, they get a somewhat insightful introduction to ASU, but this kind of stuff has been going on forever. They are the most penalized institution in NCAA history, dating back to the 1950s. I think the NCAA took down their website listing historical infractions, but they were the unchallenged champs. When it occurs from president to president, from AD to AD, and from coach to coach, you have to conclude it's in their DNA.

https://www.amazon.com/Cheating-Culture ... 0156030055
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

This is pretty funny
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AZ GOP has their priorities in order I see.
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Damn that's pretty good. Not gonna lie i'd probably go for a half if i lived near that dump and had nothing else to do tonight.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

KillerKlown wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:29 pm Damn that's pretty good. Not gonna lie i'd probably go for a half if i lived near that dump and had nothing else to do tonight.
I have nothing else to do tonight and I live 8 miles from "Mountain America" stadium and I want nothing to do with them.

Fuck ASU
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:31 pm
KillerKlown wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:29 pm Damn that's pretty good. Not gonna lie i'd probably go for a half if i lived near that dump and had nothing else to do tonight.
I have nothing else to do tonight and I live 8 miles from "Mountain America" stadium and I want nothing to do with them.

Fuck ASU
if I had to choose between going to an ASU game and getting gonorrhea I'd have to think about it.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

azgreg wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:36 pm

Fuck ASU
if I had to choose between going to an ASU game and getting gonorrhea I'd have to think about it.
What's to think about? You can get gonorrhea at the ASU game.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

KillerKlown wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:19 pm

Fuck ASU
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’d channel my inner Greg Hansen and instantly become the most obnoxious Southern Utah fan in the world.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

This was posted 5 minutes ago. Hard to tell but it looks like the players are meeting at midfield for the coin toss. This close to kickoff and is anybody (ANYBODY!) there? :lol:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

GlobalCat

Post by GlobalCat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

#FireRayAnderson is trending on Twitter.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

7-7 almost halftime.

Looks like the sleeping giant is still asleep.
-JB
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Chicat wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:38 pm #FireRayAnderson is trending on Twitter.
this chap means business
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I love how the Pac 12 color guy gave ASU's kicker shit for flopping on a field goal... twice.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

24-21 win in a game where they were favored by 34? Gonna be a long season in Scummieville.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

They listed 43,000 attendance; what typically lying clowns, despite giving tickets away. Couldn't have been much more miserable with a sand storm, endless delay, and a disappointing 3-point win over the Thunderbirds. Last year, Southern Utah went 5-6 against St. Thomas, Utah, Western Illinois, Utah Tech, Eastern Kentucky, Tarleton St, Abilene Christian, Stephen F. Austin, Utah Tech, Lincoln University, and Sam Houston St. I flipped over to watch it briefly, but it turned into a panel discussion trying to fill time until they gave up and played some feature videos. The game apparently ended after midnight. If Phoenix had an honest newspaper, it would have said something like "Rock Bottom." But instead, they had some junior reporter who blandly mentioned something about some flashes on an offense which just needs more consistency. Which is true...if they wanted to have a chance to be competitive in Southern Utah's FCS Big Sky Conference.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

KillerKlown wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:19 pm

Fuck ASU
Post of the week.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Two former ASU players opened the season with productive games for their latest teams.

Ohio State fans seem pretty happy with the depth former ASU RB Chip Trayanum provides to the Buckeye's backfield.

And former ASU WR Johnny Wilson at Florida State is one half of what looks like the best Receiving tandem in the nation, combined with Keon Coleman, a transfer from Michigan State. Both overwhelmed LSU's secondary for over 100 receiving yards each.

I don't like the transfer portal and of course I thought Herm was a joke, but his staff did have success targeting higher end talent until it all fell apart.

Anyway, ya'll wish me luck this Saturday. Will be in attendance at this Saturday night's ASU game Vs Oklahoma State. Thanks to my cousin, a Sun Devils season ticket holder.

Anyone have a black shirt I can borrow?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:07 am Two former ASU players opened the season with productive games for their latest teams.

Ohio State fans seem pretty happy with the depth former ASU RB Chip Trayanum provides to the Buckeye's backfield.

And former ASU WR Johnny Wilson at Florida State is one half of what looks like the best Receiving tandem in the nation, combined with Keon Coleman, a transfer from Michigan State. Both overwhelmed LSU's secondary for over 100 receiving yards each.

I don't like the transfer portal and of course I thought Herm was a joke, but his staff did have success targeting higher end talent until it all fell apart.

Anyway, ya'll wish me luck this Saturday. Will be in attendance at this Saturday night's ASU game Vs Oklahoma State. Thanks to my cousin, a Sun Devils season ticket holder.

Anyone have a black shirt I can borrow?
Seriously, you only have two choices: Red or Blue, with recognizable Arizona Wildcat ID!

BTFD!!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:07 am Anyone have a black shirt I can borrow?
I think you mean hazmat suit.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

pc in NM wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:57 am Seriously, you only have two choices: Red or Blue, with recognizable Arizona Wildcat ID!

BTFD!!!!
Admitting I go to about one ASU football game/season. With the excuse that it’s about the only meaningful time I can expect to spend with my cousin Kendrick these days.

What I usually camouflage myself with is old territorial cup shirts but I kept getting called out on this.

112f in Tempe tmrrw.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Catsby, I need you to know something…

If you clap.

If you high five.

If you even semi crack a smile when ASU does something positive…….

We will know. And we will never let you live it down.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Brad was big mad
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Brad needs to come to understand that no one gives a royal flying fuck about ASSU. Yeah, they didn’t fly a crew out to televise the game. Probably because they knew the biggest audience was probably watching from max security cell blocks where there’s no volume and a dude named “Switchblade” controls the remote control and will be switching to Judge Judy at the end of the first quarter.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

What'd ya think of that Braaaad?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

This asu cheerleader......er "beat reporter" is also big mad. But don't worry Michelle about the covid spikes in cases deaths and hospitalizations lately. You need a crew on site for when you watch the replay right?

Also if you remember this is the cheerleader....errr sorry again, "az central beat reporter" who posted about UA fans not wearing masks at the asu UA basketball game in Tempe when there eas a mask mandate in the arena. UA fans at the game all posted pictures of UA fans wearing masks at a much higher rate than asu fans and students.

Absolutely pathetic
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah covid is currently raging with an estimated 700000 cases a day nationwide
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Whether Covid is over or not, the disease of being a Scummie will never be cured.