Classless act by Jim Mora?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Classless act by Jim Mora?

Post by Merkin »

Raulerson wants to pursue a career in sports management.

Idiot turned down a spot at UCLA's Masters of Education program to become a sports agent?

It's like these athletes who want to get into broadcasting as "communication" majors.

At some point you have to realize that you actually have to find a career that actually has job openings.

I have a niece in Tucson that for years wanted to be a zoologist. Told my brother that there are no jobs for zoologists, a lot more graduates than openings. One clue was when they had to pay the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum for her to be an unpaid docent when she was in high school. When you actually have to pay to work for free you really need to rethink your career choices.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

prh wrote:And don't we have some sort of sports management program?
Right off the top of my head, the Eller School has a certificate program in sports management. Not sure if it's undergrad or grad.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

wyo-cat wrote:
prh wrote:And don't we have some sort of sports management program?
Right off the top of my head, the Eller School has a certificate program in sports management. Not sure if it's undergrad or grad.
They have a minor program for non-Eller students, a certificate program that can be added to any Eller major, and a Interdisciplinary Studies program.
https://sports.eller.arizona.edu/" target="_blank
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

the real dill wrote:Weird story. He was 80% going to be the starter for Texas this year and leaves due to "broken promises" by the staff. Now, he is not going to UCLA due to "broken promises" by the staff. Kid is an Academic All-American that graduated in 3 years. He was voted hardest worker on his team by his peers. It just feels like something is missing. By all accounts, he is the perfect young man to have in your program.

I would love to hear what the UCLA mods are saying about this.
He wanted to get into MBA program and the staff said they'd try but couldnt promise. They said he could get into another program like Applied Science or something like that, if the MBA program fell through. They offered the Education Masters and he didnt want that so he's not coming. He wanted to go to Stanford, UCLA, or Michigan Business school, none of which really takes kids right from an undergraduate program.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Needed to