FSU QB Punches Woman at a Bar

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

FSU QB Punches Woman at a Bar

Post by Chicat »

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... est-fsu-qb
Florida State freshman quarterback De'Andre Johnson was charged with misdemeanor battery after assaulting a woman at a bar last month.

Before Monday, the only details of the incident were based on what Johnson and the woman said to officers. Now, The State Attorney's Office released video of the incident, and it shows the 19-year-old Johnson punching her on the left side of her face after she took a swing at him.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
devilswin99

Re: FSU QB Punches Woman at a Bar

Post by devilswin99 »

What is a 19 year old doing at a bar?
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

well some places are restaurants with bars inside them that let in people under 21 before 10 pm etc...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

devilswin99 wrote:What is a 19 year old doing at a bar?
Punching women.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Criminole!!
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Wow, there are some FSU idiots who are saying the girl started it and De'Andre was defending himself.

Wow, talk about seeing what you want to see. Did none of you not see that she threw the first punch? I'm not saying he should have done what he did, but since when is it a crime to hit back when you are hit first? The law must be sex neutral in these situations, and as his attorney pointed out she initiated the fight, just as I said in an earlier post. Why is Willie Meggs charging him? Because Willie was embarrassed by the media flack he caught in the Winston case and he is not about to let it happen again. So because Willie Meggs has a fragile ego and because the media demands it, Johnson will be charged despite the video evidence to the contrary. I do think his attorney is doing the right thing by having him say he made a mistake and going along with being a sacrificial lamb. But if this is his first offense he should be allowed to plead a nolo and avoid a record, which is the least Willie Meggs can do considering the weak legal case he has. For his part Jimbo needs to read Johnson the riot act, punish him with a couple of game suspensions and tell him there will be no third chances. But kicking him off the team is not the right thing to do here, IMO.

WOW@!@#$@#$@# I see two people jockeying for position at the bar. She is even moving to the left to impede his progress. Then she turns around and raises her fist and, presumably, verbally threatens him. Then, understandly, he neutralizes her cocked fist. Then, SHE knees him. Then, SHE punches him. Finally, he defends himself. If you are going to kick players off the team for that, what does that say about your program and fan base?

They both come into frame at about :06. He extends his arm and grabs the underside of the bar almost immediately as he comes into frame. They continue jostling at the bar, which is not unusual in a crowded nightclub. She may have objected to the continued jostling once at the bar, as she leans over her shoulder and says something to him at about :08. At :11, she appears to be looking down at his arm holding the underside of the bar, and at :13 she's sliding left and makes a very clear pushing motion against his right arm with her left hip. She's obviously trying to forcibly remove his arm from the bar, which is a completely unnecessary movement constituting battery on her part.. When it doesn't work she then spins around with her right arm raised and at :16 you can see her hand clenched in a fist come into view from behind her head.

Say whatever you want about the morality of a man hitting a woman. Under the statute I just cited for you, he had the right to defend himself against the imminent use of unlawful force represented by her raised fight fist.. He had every lawful right to grab her right arm the way he did at 0:17. She then knees him at :18 and throws a punch at his face at :20.

The video is ugly and sickening, but whatever Fisher does with him, I expect little in the way of legal consequences. The legal right to self defense depends on neither the sex nor the apparent punching power of the assailant and the available evidence demonstrates to me his actions were legally justified.

Source; I'm an attorney. I'd take that video to a jury and show it to them over and over in slow motion, with strategic freeze frames of her wide eyes, arched brow, and raised fist at :16 and her punch going across his face at :22. I'd also consider filing a suit for battery against the woman if there's not fair play from the DA.

What is opened and closed other than your own subjective feelings? The video speaks for itself. The FSU player fairly defended himself. Take a second look.

http://www.scout.com/college/florida-st ... =16&page=3
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:
devilswin99 wrote:What is a 19 year old doing at a bar?
Punching women.
Obvious question gets the obvious answer.

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

And he's been dismissed from the team...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAdevil wrote:And he's been dismissed from the team...
The power of surveillance video.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote:And he's been dismissed from the team...
When does he sign with Auburn?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Morale of the story: don't punch chicks when you're third on the depth chart.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

While from a general standpoint, I think the slampig got what she deserved after punching and kneeing him, he did escalate the level of force used when he could have easily walked away and had her tossed from the bar. I don't think he committed a crime, but I do think he made a poor decision, and in light of what FSU has been put through in the media, Fisher had no choice but to cut him.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I bet he never even felt it. Looks more like retaliation instead of defending himself. Video shows him grabbing her arm first.

Should have just thrown both of them out of the bar, separately.

She should have beat up that hipster next to her instead.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I hope he gets what's coming to him. Fuck him.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

All the talking heads at ESPN are saying FSU was right to kick him off but they hope he gets a 2nd chance...

WTF?

if you punch a woman in the face you are a piece of shit..... Period. Fuck him.

Watch the video Merkin posted and watch the force of her punch... Then watch his. Screw that scum
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:All the talking heads at ESPN are saying FSU was right to kick him off but they hope he gets a 2nd chance...

WTF?

Watch the video Merkin posted and watch the force of her punch... Then watch his. Screw that scum
She punches him in the shoulder. He coldcocks her in the face full force.

As you said . . . screw that scum.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

splitsecond wrote:While from a general standpoint, I think the slampig got what she deserved after punching and kneeing him, he did escalate the level of force used when he could have easily walked away and had her tossed from the bar. I don't think he committed a crime, but I do think he made a poor decision, and in light of what FSU has been put through in the media, Fisher had no choice but to cut him.
She maybe caught him lightly in the chest and he just blasted her in return. I understand she swung first, but you don't need to do that in return.

Even if her swinging first poses a legal impediment to convicting him, kicking him off the team was the right choice. Now, if only FSU was remotely consistent about that.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Okay so now there star running back punched a woman a day before Johnson hit his lady. I am going to guess because Cook is there starting running back that he will not get kicked off the team. Its real easy to send the message to your 3rd string QB but lets see if Jimbo has the balls to drop Cook.

http://arizona.247sports.com/Bolt/TPD-i ... d-38147975
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

3goggles wrote:Okay so now there star running back punched a woman a day before Johnson hit his lady. I am going to guess because Cook is there starting running back that he will not get kicked off the team. Its real easy to send the message to your 3rd string QB but lets see if Jimbo has the balls to drop Cook.

http://arizona.247sports.com/Bolt/TPD-i ... d-38147975
Yes, now Delvin Cook:
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

mytwocents wrote:http://www.WomenBeatersUniversity.com Too Soon?
No timing is about about perfect!
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

3goggles wrote:
Good.... Twitter seems way too slow...This is why more people should follow me...sheesh
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Female Slugging University maybe?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

mytwocents wrote:
3goggles wrote:
Good.... Twitter seems way too slow...This is why more people should follow me...sheesh
You tweet wayyyyyy too much.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Alieberman wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
3goggles wrote:
You tweet wayyyyyy too much.
Oh.... :(
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

http://deadspin.com/report-bars-now-off ... socialflow

After a meeting with head coach Jimbo Fisher on Saturday morning, Florida State football players have been told bars are off limits, according to Jim Henry of The Tallahassee Democrat. The school will also bring in “professionals” to meet with players, per Henry.

The Florida State football program has had a nightmare week, with two players accused of hitting women while out on the town. Running back Dalvin Cook allegedly punched a woman “several times” in the face outside of a bar, and was suspended indefinitely by the team Friday. De’Andre Johnson was seen on video punching a woman at a bar, and was kicked off the team Monday.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

splitsecond wrote:While from a general standpoint, I think the slampig got what she deserved after punching and kneeing him, he did escalate the level of force used when he could have easily walked away and had her tossed from the bar. I don't think he committed a crime, but I do think he made a poor decision, and in light of what FSU has been put through in the media, Fisher had no choice but to cut him.
I hope you are f***ing kidding. It seemed pretty clear in the video that he was grabbing her and she was having none of it. She was trying to get him away from him, and I would hardly all what she threw a "punch". But maybe that is the way you roll...

But if you think he was just going his duty to put a b*tch in her place, that is your prerogative. Here is the place for you:

https://webapp4.asu.edu/uga_admissionsapp/
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Harvey Specter wrote:
I hope you are f***ing kidding. It seemed pretty clear in the video that he was grabbing her and she was having none of it. She was trying to get him away from him, and I would hardly all what she threw a "punch". But maybe that is the way you roll...

But if you think he was just going his duty to put a b*tch in her place, that is your prerogative. Here is the place for you:

https://webapp4.asu.edu/uga_admissionsapp/
Errr....the only reason he grabbed her...and by grabbed her I mean grabbed her right arm as it went up to punch him....is to stop that from happening...
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

It may not be what you want to hear Irish, but if the only evidence is that video, that attorney/FSU fan is right from a legal standpoint. Not defending the guy, I'm sure most would agree that the situation could have been handled much differently than throwing a haymaker at a female.
illcat

Post by illcat »

Chicat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:All the talking heads at ESPN are saying FSU was right to kick him off but they hope he gets a 2nd chance...

WTF?

She punches him in the shoulder. He coldcocks her in the face full force.

As you said . . . screw that scum.
Got my vote
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Mine too. The woman (not that she was in any way worth him getting closer to) was pushing him away because he was getting rough and she wanted to extricate herself.

If you haven't seen that move since before HS and think the guy's in the right there, you have a lot to learn about respect for women.

And ESPN drives one more nail in its coffin with its pseudomoralizing under the most hypocritical of terms. Give an ESPY for courage to the most well-known transgender in America but try to play it both ways on female assault.

Better throw away that moral compass Bristol, you don't know which way it's pointing anymore.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Thats a pretty deep response G but one I agree with, Fu#k ESPN. Let's face it, ESPN has been all about the dough for many, many years. If it's football, the compass is whatever the "profits" say
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

I'm okay with him getting kicked off of the team. I imagine that punching people in the face is one of tgose team rules you can't break (we got Cayleb Jones because he punched a tennis player). I'd rather avoid a fight entirely, so if it were me my first response wouldn't be to throw a punch, but if I try and punch someone and I kick them, I'm likely going to get punched back. Same rule applies to both genders.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He's going to play for Kiffin at FAU.