Post by Bruins01 »

Does Art Briles get fired for all this?
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
SCCats

Re: Baylor

Post by SCCats »

Bruins01 wrote:Does Art Briles get fired for all this?
Under the operating theory of "When you win you get to do whatever you want/the rules are different for you", the guess would be no.

Now if he went 6-6 last year...
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I'm assuming this is what you are talking about.
A highly touted Baylor football player was convicted of sexually assaulting a fellow student after the school kept the disturbing allegations under wraps for years — and continues to deny it was warned about the player’s violent past.
Hard to answer any questions without context and specificity.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Didn't realize that Kenneth Starr was the president of Baylor. Chip Brown has a few questions:

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/stor ... neth-starr
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Chip nailed it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Wow, and I thought ASSU with Coach Toad was bad. Baylor will really be in the spotlight this year as they really should be in the four team playoff. One footballvrapist might be an anomaly but two in three years, yikes
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

UAEebs86 wrote:Didn't realize that Kenneth Starr was the president of Baylor. Chip Brown has a few questions:

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/stor ... neth-starr
I'm going to go ahead and guess Mr. Starr didn't respond to 90%+ of Chip's questions...
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

This Baylor thing is starting to look pretty Penn Stateish:

Baylor didn't investigate sex assault claim against players for two years

Baylor University did not investigate a sexual assault report made against two football players for more than two years, despite the school's obligation under federal law to immediately address allegations of sexual violence involving students, Outside the Lines has learned.

In 2013, the Waco Police Department wrote in a police report that it had informed Baylor officials about an off-campus incident involving former All-Big 12 tight end Tre'Von Armstead and former practice squad player Myke Chatman. Waco police also told the alleged victim they had contacted Baylor, but according to documents and interviews conducted by Outside the Lines, Baylor didn't begin looking into the allegations until Sept. 11, 2015.

Baylor kicked Armstead off its football team last fall and expelled him from school in February over the allegations, documents obtained by Outside the Lines show. When Baylor coaches announced his suspension from the team, they said it came as a result of a "team rules violation." Chatman was enrolled at Baylor at the time of the incident but left after that semester.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... ears-lines" target="_blank
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

the real dill wrote:This Baylor thing is starting to look pretty Penn Stateish:
Well then whoever is coaching Baylor seven years from now when the NCAA gets around to making a decision should be prepared to lose three scholis a year for two years and make a donation to a woman's shelter.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

gotta love those baptist schools.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Shawn Oakman Was Accused of Assaulting Woman in 2013

http://thebiglead.com/2016/04/25/shawn- ... ault-2013/" target="_blank
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

October 2009
A female athlete, who graduated from Baylor in 2010, testified that Tevin Elliott sexually assaulted her after she passed out drunk at her apartment in 2009
November 2011
Baylor judicial affairs officials were aware of a misdemeanor, sexually-related assault citation against Elliott in November 2011
February 2012
Oakman is kicked off the Penn State football team for attempting to steal a sandwich and allegedly assaulting a female cashier who tried to stop him – accounts vary from him simply grabbing her wrist to get her card back (his) or more violently shoving her against the wall (hers). He was charged with some misdemeanors and it was reported publicly.
April 2012
A Baylor freshman (“Tanya”) reported to police being at a party and being raped twice by Elliott, who she hadn’t met before
Days later, Tanya said she went to Baylor's campus police department, asking officers if there was anything they could do for her, because she'd been assaulted by a fellow student but was told that counseling or other resources were unavailable
She was placed on probation when her grades dropped, lost her academic scholarship and left Baylor in 2013.
Two weeks before Tanya filed her police report against Elliott, another Baylor athlete (“Kim”) reported to Waco police that Elliott had forced her to have sex with him. A few weeks later, the woman and her mother said they also reported the assault to Baylor's ombudsman office and were sent to meet with the school's chief judicial officer, Bethany McCraw
Both women said McCraw's response noted that Kim, also a Baylor athlete, was the sixth woman to report such an incident involving Elliott. Kim alleges that McCraw acknowledged that Art Briles was aware of all the prior accusations
Baylor coach Art Briles announced that Elliott was suspended indefinitely for violating an unspecified team policy. He didn't elaborate and said he'd have no further comment.
Later it is reported that Elliott was arrested and charged with sexual assault, which is the first time news of any of the incidents is made public.
July 2012
Oakman transfers to Baylor, and his past incident was apparently public knowledge.
2012 Football Season
Oakman sits out at Baylor due to transfer rules
Sam Ukwuachu has a freshman All-American season for Boise State
January 2013
Police were called to an incident of alleged domestic violence between Oakman and his ex-girlfriend. A written police report was filed accusing Oakman of assault, noting evidence of bruising and including an account from the victim of being thrown around the apartment. The victim declined to press charges #1#2#3#4
According to the report that came out today, there is evidence that Baylor was aware of the incident
No disciplinary actions were taken and the incident did not make it to the media
April 2013
Ukwuachu had an altercation with his then-girlfriend and roommates, detailed here.
Ukwuachu is dismissed from the Boise State team and transfers to Baylor (this is when all communications between Peterson and Briles would have occurred -- the debate around which is regarding how much Peterson knew and/or disclosed)
April 2013 (Cont.)
Tre'Von Armstead and former practice squad player Myke Chatman are accused in a sexual assault report. Police report here.
Observations by officers at the scene and a rape exam at a hospital revealed bruises, a bite mark and scratches, and witnesses told police they believed they had heard, from downstairs, noises indicative of an assault. But the woman declined to press charges due to her level of intoxication, and Waco police effectively ended the investigation. The police report notes that it informed Baylor officials about the incident.
Police told the victim that Baylor officials had been contacted and to wait for them to contact her, but she never received a call or email from anyone at Baylor
2013 Football Season
Ukwuachu is ineligible to play for Baylor in 2013, as Boise State did not support any waivers to allow Ukwuachu to play the 2013 season.
Oakman played in 13 games as a backup defensive end, recording 33 tackles and 2 sacks
Armstead saw limited action in the 2013 season
October 2013
A couple months after Ukwuachu arrived on campus, the sexual assault on Jane Doe occurs; Jane Doe goes to the hospital and a rape kit is performed, reported the incident, and in subsequent months is treated for PTSD
Sometime in the months following, the Ukwuachu incident is investigated by the school as required. A few interviews are done of the victim, the accused, the accused's roommate, and potentially other friends. The school finds it more likely than not that the incident did not occur. Rape kit is not checked and the school counselor assisting her with PTSD was not interviewed. Baylor PD does not pursue any further
December 2013
Cordell Dorsey, an Abilene Cooper high school football player who was committed to play for Baylor, was arrested for alleged aggravated sexual assault of a child, an 11-year-old girl who claimed Dorsey molested her multiple times during the summer.
According to the arrest report, a sexual assault nursing exam supported the girl’s allegations
Dorsey's charges were later dropped, and was allowed to enroll at Baylor and join the football team in 2014 (transferred to ACU in 2015).
January 2014
Tevin Elliott is sentenced to 20 years in prison as a result of the incidents with Tanya
In all, five women who reported to police that they were either raped or assaulted -- in incidents from October 2009 to April 2012 -- by Elliott.
June 2014
Waco DA deems enough evidence to bring charges and Ukwuachu is indicted on charges of sexual assault; the indictment is sealed and Ukwuachu name is redacted on public indictment reports; the school does not re-open its internal Title IX investigation.
The indictment is not public knowledge or reported on by any media
Summer/Fall 2014
Ukwuachu, under indictment, is not playing for the football team, with coaches citing "some issues", but remains on scholarship and attends the university
Victim is told that it is her responsibility to alter class schedules to avoid Ukwuachu.
Jane Doe suffered an injury, preventing her from playing soccer, cited difficulties in rehab due to emotional/psychological issues, and saw her scholarship reduced.
2014 Football Season
Armstead is the starting TE during the 2014 season and earns All-Big 12 honors
Oakman earns first team Big 12 honors
Ukwuachu sits out the 2014 season
Spring 2015
Ukwuachu graduates from Baylor and is accepted into graduate school there; Jane Doe transfers to another school to play soccer because of scholarship reduction and other issues
Ukwuachu is participating in strength & conditioning workouts with the team and is mentioned in interviews during summer 2015 as expected to return to play the season
August 2015
Ukwuachu is convicted of sexual assault and sentenced to 10 years of probation.
The victim files a lawsuit against Baylor for their handling of the case
September 2015
Baylor's investigation of the allegations against Armstead and Chatman related to the April 2013 incident didn't begin until the alleged victim, encouraged by a friend who had attended a recent sexual assault prevention training program at the school, asked Baylor officials about her case in late 2015.
September 3, 2015
Ken Starr issues a statement defending Art Briles related to the accusations of prior knowledge of Ukwuachu's alleged history of violence.
2015 Football Season
Oakman earns 2nd team All Big-12 honors and is Baylor’s all-time sack leader
Baylor kicked Armstead off its football team early in the 2015 season following the results of the investigation. When Baylor coaches announced his suspension from the team, they said it came as a result of a "team rules violation."
December 31, 2015 (New Years' Eve)
It is announced that Baylor and the victim in Ukwuachu's case reached a settlement on her lawsuit with the school. No additional details were provided, presumably as a condition of the settlement
February 2016
Armstead was expelled from school in February 2016 over the 2013 allegations.
Armstead maintains his innocence and has said he is contemplating a lawsuit against the school for their handling of the incident.
February 7th, 2016 (Super Bowl Sunday)
Ken Starr issues a statement detailing the measures Baylor is taking to improve the safe-guarding of its students against sexual violence, in light of recent publicized shortcomings
March 31st, 2016
The rape victim for whom Tevin Elliott was convicted filed a lawsuit against Baylor, naming the school and several officials, including Art Briles.
The suit claims Baylor did not take any action whatsoever to investigate her claim. It failed to offer her counseling or help as she struggled academically after the assault.
April 7, 2016
Starr makes his first comments in public since the scandals surrounding the Ukwuachu case broke in August 2015 at the 29th annual Christian Prayer Breakfast Fort Worth/Tarrant County. His comments noted that sometimes there is an uninformed public perception of timelines and what constitutes publicly available information around these incidents, but also said he invites criticism for mistakes and wants transparency
Just hours after Starr's comments, the reports of the alleged Oakman sexual assault began circulating.
April 2016
Oakman, having graduated, is arrested in Waco and charged with sexually assaulting a Baylor student who went home from the bar with him
The woman went to the hospital after the alleged assault and was examined by a sexual assault nurse examiner, according to the court records.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Police records detail several more violence allegations against Baylor football players

In one case from 2011, an assault at an off-campus event in Waco ended with three football players being charged as well as Baylor and Waco police discussing the incident. Waco police, according to documents, took extraordinary steps to keep it from the public view "given the potential high-profile nature of the incident." According to a police report obtained by Outside the Lines, Waco's investigating officer asked a commander that "the case be pulled from the computer system so that only persons who had a reason to inquire about the report would be able to access it." The report was placed in a locked office.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... llegations" target="_blank
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

It's at the level where Briles or Starr will have to go. My money is on Briles staying. ESPN just blew them up in the last segment. They seem to think the feds are going to get involved with Waco PD, and that may be the bigger story.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

People within baylor football are going to be held accountable?

I'm not holding my breath. This is penn state writ small; in the balance between successful college football and raped girls the football comes out on top every time. My guess is a Waco police officer or two fall on their sword/gets indicted for some cover up stuff and gets a free Starr defense... And that's about it.

But if someone in the school goes its definetly Starr. You can find another administrator anywhere. But a good football coach?

Well, that's worth like 50 raped girls. Perhaps a hundred in the right market.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Brilliant, SCCats. Dave Bliss is somewhere killing himself he didn't use that defense in basketball.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

the real dill wrote:It's at the level where Briles or Starr will have to go. My money is on Briles staying. ESPN just blew them up in the last segment. They seem to think the feds are going to get involved with Waco PD, and that may be the bigger story.
Baylor should retain Bill Clinton as independent counsel to investigate Ken Starr.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

A year ago today, I posted these pictures and their captions.

A year ago Saturday, I sat in the audience and watched as my rapist walked across the stage, shook Ken Starr's hand, and received his diploma. I felt sick, but I still had faith.
3 months later, in August, I walked across that stage, hugged Ken Starr, and received my own. My emotions were a wreck, but I still believed justice would triumph, still believed in my University, still was proud to be a Baylor Bear. I knew that they would help me. I had my hearing a month later, they returned the decision of "not responsible" and then refused to honor my appeal.

I then met in person with Ken Starr, not to bicker with him about my case, but to explain how it was indicative of a system-wide failure. He told me he "believe[d] there to have been a mis-adjudication of justice in [my] case," and would look into it and get back to me. He never did. I waited for months.

In February, when the Elliott case hit ESPN, I wrote a blog post explaining Baylor Title IX's systematic failure ("I Was Raped At Baylor and This is My Story.")

The next day, Ken Starr emailed me and told me that there was nothing he could do about my case according to "University policy", but that he greatly admired my courage in telling him my story. Well, for him to believe I have courage, it means he believes my story is true. And him telling me he couldn't help me was a lie - Title IX policy specifically states that the President has final say over all cases. So he believed me, and then lied to avoid helping me.

In late February, more individuals started coming forward with stories of how Baylor had failed them in their Title IX cases. We held a candlelight vigil outside of Ken Starr's home to demonstrate visually just how many people their failure was affecting. He didn't even bother to show up.

Pepper Hamilton, a law firm that actually has a history of siding with Universities (Google "Occidental College") was paid by Baylor to conduct an independent investigation of the Title IX office and see if our complaints were founded.

We wrote in sidewalk chalk outside of his office "Promise to release the results of the investigation, no matter what they are." He never did.

He wrote a statement saying that they would figure out how "best" to handle the report's contents when it came out (aka, release it if it's good, hide it if it's bad).

That report came out 5 long days ago. The Baylor Board of Regents met to discuss it. They have remained silent, except for a statement that said "in the coming weeks," they would figure out how best to address it.

Hundreds of rape survivors sit holding their breath, waiting for the results, and again, we get nothing.

I watched my friends graduate from Baylor this Saturday, and watched as the Baylor Board of Regents and Ken Starr himself took the stage. He delivered a speech talking about how much Baylor cares for and loves their students, and I sat in that audience and listened to that speech and fought back tears because I just don't understand the hypocrisy.

My University aided in causing my rape because of their failure to discipline him for prior reported offenses.

My University has failed to adequately address their failure in my case and many others.

My University has claimed "transparency," but specializes in cover-ups.

My University is now learning what rape survivors know so well - stay silent, lest you be damned. The only difference is that they deserve it, and we don't.

I thought about titling this post "Dear Baylor, I don't love you anymore."

I struggle with that.

Because I can sort it out in my head, tell myself, "Stef, quit with the sweeping generalizations. Stef, they've only failed in this one way. Stef, this doesn't mean that everyone at Baylor doesn't care, or that you didn't have some good experiences, or that they are terrible people. It's just some people who made mistakes."

I love my friends. I love my professors. I love what I learned. I love the opportunities I got. I am forever grateful, yes, TO Baylor for those.

But, as logically as I can pars it out, I cannot change that seeing the Baylor logo makes me physically nauseous. I cannot change that seeing my friends' graduation photos with captions just like mine from a year ago - "So proud to be a Baylor Bear! I love you Baylor! Sic 'Em forever!" makes me want to sob. I cannot change that I, a die-hard Baylor football fan, will never be able to stomach going to a game again, cheering on the football team that DOES undeniably have a rape problem.

I wish I could go back to when I didn't know Baylor had this deep and insidious problem, but I've died a few times since then and grown up a little bit too. I now know that some of the Baylor population supports us, but a lot wish we would just shut up and let it go so they can go to their football games and continue to love who and what they want to without considering whether or not they ought to.

And so, can I, or should I, stop loving an entire institution just because they have failed in this one, albeit egregious, way?

Because when a good person murders someone, you (generally) don't think that they're still a good person. You recognize that, on the whole, they are a different person than you thought they were. They have problems that run deeper than just shooting a gun.

Likewise, because Baylor has failed in this deep and egregious way, because they have not apologized, because they do not seek amends or reparations or reconciliation, because they cannot cease with the hypocrisy, I cannot bring myself to have an affection for them anymore.

Jesus says, "Love thy enemies," and because I love Jesus, I must LOVE Baylor, just like I must LOVE my rapist - in the most simple way I know how. Without having any sort of special care or affection for them, I still perpetually wish their good. Wishing "their good," is not wishing them prosperity or an untarnished image - rather, it is wishing them humility. Accountability. Transparency. Recovery. But before any of those things can happen, an admission of wrongdoing is necessary.

Because I love Baylor (and that tears my heart in two to say), I will keep writing about their failures and holding them accountable.

I still love Baylor, but I am no longer proud to be a Baylor Bear.

My diploma stays in its drawer.

I will always have to swallow a lump when people ask where I went to college.

I will spend a lifetime recovering from the ways they failed me, because if it wasn't for Baylor's failure - I wouldn't have been raped at all. I wouldn't spend Monday mornings in a therapist's office. I wouldn't wake up from nightmares almost every night. I would be a different person.

That is hard to know. It's hard to stomach.

And I'm just one of hundreds - remember that.

I have posted previous blog posts on this topic - read the rest of the series:

1. I Was Raped at Baylor and This is My Story

2. Ken Starr Should Not Resign

3. Dear Baylor, Your Title IX Changes are Not Enough

4. To Those Who Think I'm Wrong
http://musingsofstef.blogspot.com/2016/ ... n.html?m=1" target="_blank
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

SCCats wrote:People within baylor football are going to be held accountable?

I'm not holding my breath. This is penn state writ small; in the balance between successful college football and raped girls the football comes out on top every time. My guess is a Waco police officer or two fall on their sword/gets indicted for some cover up stuff and gets a free Starr defense... And that's about it.

But if someone in the school goes its definetly Starr. You can find another administrator anywhere. But a good football coach?

Well, that's worth like 50 raped girls. Perhaps a hundred in the right market.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

:lol:

We'll see.

And yes I'm willing to take bets. People can bet on the "right thing" happening...and I'll take the other side.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

What was in Starr's report this time?

"Art Briles knew nothing. Also, Vince Foster definitely was not murdered."
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Poor Ken Starr. Guess he'll have to back to investigating whether someone got a handy and lied about it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Stunner that Starr goes and Briles stays.

Like I said, you can find an administrator anywhere.

When your 10 win coach murders someone? Peace out AD/president/etc.

Next up: a couple cops will have to be fired for "keeping this all from Art Briles....oh yeah and keeping it from the legal system. Yeah, that too."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It's amazing how these head coaches who are paid and treated like the CEO of a multi-million dollar organization and yet seemingly know absolutely nothing about what anyone underneath them does and it matters not at all when it comes to their jobs.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Chicat wrote:It's amazing how these head coaches who are paid and treated like the CEO of a multi-million dollar organization and yet seemingly know absolutely nothing about what anyone underneath them does and it matters not at all when it comes to their jobs.
It seems to fundamentally go back to the idea that people care more about winning than they do about raped girls. I think everyone understands Briles knew; they just don't care.

As long as Briles keeps winning, that is. Two 6-6 seasons and its "we hold ourselves here at Baylor to a higher standard and have fired Art Briles."
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Sounds like he isn't even really being fired. They are just giving him a less high-profile position.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

At least we are all clear that students getting raped does not mean a fucking thing at Baylor.

Baylor University, where "no" means "aw shucks, that's just boys being boys, now get your pads on son and make a tackle for Jesus".
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lotta shit stinks in Waco.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

CalStateTempe wrote:Lotta shit stinks in Waco.
Similar stink coming from Penn State land. Feels like a similar kind of attitude, rationalizing and not giving a crap about real victims.

My wonder is how many places would smell the same under a similar situation. My guess is way too many.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

SCCats wrote:
Similar stink coming from Penn State land. Feels like a similar kind of attitude, rationalizing and not giving a crap about real victims.

My wonder is how many places would smell the same under a similar situation. My guess is way too many.
I pray Arizona would be aboveboard when it comes to this kind of thing. And from a few incidents that I've known about, we have been.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Chicat wrote:
SCCats wrote:

I pray Arizona would be aboveboard when it comes to this kind of thing. And from a few incidents that I've known about, we have been.
I *think* we would be. I have a tough time believing not just our administrators but our fan base would put our teams above systemic rape (or other similar) situations.

Of course one never knows for sure until one is in fact put in that situation.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

SCCats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
SCCats wrote:

I *think* we would be. I have a tough time believing not just our administrators but our fan base would put our teams above systemic rape (or other similar) situations.

Not to be a homer, but University of Texas is currently being sued for kicking two players out of school who were ultimately innocent.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The sexual assault case accusing a former UT football player of assaulting a girl on campus has been dismissed. The decision to dismiss the case against Montrel Meander came after the jury acquitted Kendall Sanders last week of the same charges.

The victim, referred to as Jane Doe, in the assault case testified against Sanders earlier this month. The anonymous victim claimed she went back to Montrel’s San Jacinto dorm room after drinking on 6th Street. She said she initially consented to sexual intercourse with Meander.

Doe then states Kendall Sanders showed up at the dorm room and the two former football players assaulted her despite her pleas for them to stop. The 5’5′ woman said her attempts to fight off the men was impossible. Doe told the jury while she begged them to stop Sanders said “You are going to like it,” and “You can leave when I am finished.”

In their opening statements the defense said they intended to show Jane Doe did give consent to both men, but reported it as sexual assault for fear of embarrassment after Sanders took a picture of her during sex.

In her testimony she said if she could relive that night she wouldn’t have gotten drunk, and wouldn’t have gone home with Montrel.

http://kxan.com/2015/10/22/sexual-assau ... dismissed/" target="_blank
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Dang, cant mess around with that kind of stuff but the new uncertainty would kill me if I was a Baylor fan.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

cpt

Post by cpt »

So Briles is gone. BTW, why isn't Dana Altman gone at Oregon? Seems like the same thing happened there.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Whoa...
Baylor admits to "directly discouraging some complainants from reporting (incidents) & retaliated against one for reporting sexual assault"
Starr should be gone too if what the woman who wrote the blog post said about reporting her assault to him and him doing nothing is true.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Burn that Baptist shit hole to the ground
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

From the Pepper Hamilton report:

"In certain instances, including reports of a sexual assault by multiple football players, athletics and football personnel affirmatively chose not to report sexual violence and dating violence to an appropriate administrator outside of athletics. In those instances, football coaches or staff met directly with a complainant and/or a parent of a complainant and did not report the misconduct. As a result, no action was taken to support complainants, fairly and impartially evaluate the conduct under Title IX, address identified cultural concerns within the football program, or protect campus safety once aware of a potential pattern of sexual violence by multiple football players."
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Chicat wrote:Whoa...
Baylor admits to "directly discouraging some complainants from reporting (incidents) & retaliated against one for reporting sexual assault"
Starr should be gone too if what the woman who wrote the blog post said about reporting her assault to him and him doing nothing is true.
That should be a jo brainer, clean house. Just disgusting
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

the real dill wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
SCCats wrote:

Not to be a homer, but University of Texas is currently being sued for kicking two players out of school who were ultimately innocent.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The sexual assault case accusing a former UT football player of assaulting a girl on campus has been dismissed. The decision to dismiss the case against Montrel Meander came after the jury acquitted Kendall Sanders last week of the same charges.

The victim, referred to as Jane Doe, in the assault case testified against Sanders earlier this month. The anonymous victim claimed she went back to Montrel’s San Jacinto dorm room after drinking on 6th Street. She said she initially consented to sexual intercourse with Meander.

Doe then states Kendall Sanders showed up at the dorm room and the two former football players assaulted her despite her pleas for them to stop. The 5’5′ woman said her attempts to fight off the men was impossible. Doe told the jury while she begged them to stop Sanders said “You are going to like it,” and “You can leave when I am finished.”

In their opening statements the defense said they intended to show Jane Doe did give consent to both men, but reported it as sexual assault for fear of embarrassment after Sanders took a picture of her during sex.

In her testimony she said if she could relive that night she wouldn’t have gotten drunk, and wouldn’t have gone home with Montrel.

http://kxan.com/2015/10/22/sexual-assau ... dismissed/" target="_blank
Not convicted is not equal to "innocent." They should have been kicked out for cause, regardless of the outcome of the case.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

azcat49 wrote:
Chicat wrote:Whoa...
That should be a jo brainer, clean house. Just disgusting
A no brainier too.

Starr should never draw another dime from Baylor after this. It's just embarrassing that they are transferring him to a new position.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Pepper Hamilton, not to be confused with Pep Hamilton.

Also, how long until someone in thee forums declares that RichRod is "definitely gone" to Baylor?