Coaching Searches

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

MrBug708

Re: Coaching Searches

Post by MrBug708 »

UCLA has a pretty depleted roster and while I won't say they won't lose anyone, everyone is pretty much in the two deep. If they aren't, you don't want them and what limited NIL money is probably going to the good players as is.

As for coaches, who knows. The floor seems like DC Tony White. It's not an ideal time to hire a coach. I'd prefer an offensive one. But whoever we hire has to have a desire to recruit. The lack of offers ucla gave out compared to any other program was staggering. Chip hated it and NIL made it worse for him.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

MrBug708 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:45 pm UCLA has a pretty depleted roster and while I won't say they won't lose anyone, everyone is pretty much in the two deep. If they aren't, you don't want them and what limited NIL money is probably going to the good players as is.

As for coaches, who knows. The floor seems like DC Tony White. It's not an ideal time to hire a coach. I'd prefer an offensive one. But whoever we hire has to have a desire to recruit. The lack of offers ucla gave out compared to any other program was staggering. Chip hated it and NIL made it worse for him.
Thanks Bug. Yeah I think Chip is still a good coach, just didnt get the guys he needed.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Carcassdragger wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:31 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:45 pm UCLA has a pretty depleted roster and while I won't say they won't lose anyone, everyone is pretty much in the two deep. If they aren't, you don't want them and what limited NIL money is probably going to the good players as is.

Thanks Bug. Yeah I think Chip is still a good coach, just didnt get the guys he needed.
I think he is a brilliant mind but he doesn't want to go get the guys he needs. OC might be the spot where he works best. 86th ranked class for UCLA is just lazy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »