Myles Jack

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Myles Jack

Post by gumby »

This student-athlete says "buh-bye, college!" Then again, he was from a football factory.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/high ... loma-mill/" target="_blank
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Re: Myles Jack

Post by Merkin »

The NFL Scouting Combine is usually in February, so can't imagine he will be ready for it if he is out the whole football year.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

That's a stupid article
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I wish we had better emoticons so I could just put some fussy crying baby after every Bug post.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

emoji! we need emoji here. i promise not to overuse the poop character
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

There is also, a poop emoji on fire, for when the CATS really get curb stomped by ntOSU.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

scumdevils86 wrote:I wish we had better emoticons so I could just put some fussy crying baby after every Bug post.
You still mad?

Lol
gumby

Post by gumby »

MrBug708 wrote:That's a stupid article
Another "media is against us" post. You are consistent.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrBug708 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:I wish we had better emoticons so I could just put some fussy crying baby after every Bug post.
You still mad?

Lol
I mean...that is your schtick...to be a fussy whiny bitchy always offended about everything wine and cheese snobby bruin fan.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Another hot take. Thanks! Ironically complaining and bitching about something without actually having a take.

Does this mean you'll both tag team me like you do salty Machina or any other person you hate on the political board? Just let me know so I can plan accordingly!

But at least you stopped complaining about how LA doesn't have traffic! I'll score that as a win for common sense!
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

gumby wrote:
Not at all. It's an article about a school that name drops Myles Jack. It basically infers Myles didn't do any work while he was there. Unless you want to argue that ucla is easier than a high school. Well, not only easier but to the point where yes makes the Dean's list at ucla but wouldn't become eligible at a normal high school.

Myles testimony is, or at least was, on the testimony section for the school.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

so sensitive. and hey, it isn't basketball season yet so the traffic argument isn't valid till november right? people don't show up to ucla football games just because.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I've mobilized the twin defense system.

Oops
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrBug708 wrote:I've mobilized the twin defense system.

Oops
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh said the whiny ucla fan.

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

You guys are batting 0-fer the thread in regards to Myles Jack related posts. Maybe the next one won't be Bug themed but actually on topic? I mean, you guys are my biggest fans and resist me, but let's just stop with the ironic posts about whining :)

I'm surprised you guys haven't quit yet. Isn't that how it goes during anything ucla-arizona?

But this thread is yours. If you want to speak about myles jack, I'm game. If you want to continue your obsession with me, I have nothing more to say here to you. The last word is yours and bases on the pattern, it's going to be scum :)
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

MrBug708 wrote:You guys are batting 0-fer the thread in regards to Myles Jack related posts. Maybe the next one won't be Bug themed but actually on topic? I mean, you guys are my biggest fans and resist me, but let's just stop with the ironic posts about whining :)

I'm surprised you guys haven't quit yet. Isn't that how it goes during anything ucla-arizona?

But this thread is yours. If you want to speak about myles jack, I'm game. If you want to continue your obsession with me, I have nothing more to say here to you. The last word is yours and bases on the pattern, it's going to be scum :)
What are your thoughts on Mora's comments? I don't really understand why he said anything, and to criticize the decision comes off as kind of pedestrian. (I generally like Mora, for what it's worth).
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrBug708 wrote:You guys are batting 0-fer the thread in regards to Myles Jack related posts. Maybe the next one won't be Bug themed but actually on topic? I mean, you guys are my biggest fans and resist me, but let's just stop with the ironic posts about whining :)

Now this is a whiny post.

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Mora's honestly is refreshing, but it does create unncessary talking points. Mora and Jack have known each other since Mora was in Seattle in 2007, I doubt there is anything that Jack would take negatively. I'll link the press conference words at the bottom of this post. Feel free to scan it. Mora states that he's behind him and will support him either way. I think Mora could have worded it differently. He's yet to embrace the ABR. Always be Recruiting. His sound bytes would have traveled across the country today and he could have talked about how prepared Myles will be for the draft after spending time at UCLA (et al). Mora expressed some concerns, but I didn't see the arrogance and dismissiveness that Carroll displayed at Sanchez's PC. Carroll was visibly irritated, almost like he felt affronted by Sanchez ignoring his advice.

But I think this press conference is more about Eddie Vanderdoes, who has the same decision to think through and isn't quite the first round lock that Jack will be. And this does hurt the APR as Jack doesnt finish the quarter in good standing, which sucks because he's been on the Dean's List at UCLA.

Jack is going to kill it at the combine though, provided his knee holds up
--------------------------------------------------
Jim Mora on Myles Jack.

What was your reaction?

My focus right now is on this football team and the guys that are playing. I don’t have much reaction to it. I had a feeling it might be coming. I’ve talked to his mom a lot, she’s very influential with him, and I think they’ve thought it over as a family and feel like that’s the best thing. But other than that I don’t really have a reaction other than making sure he knows that I’ve always been there to support him and I care about him very much.

Did you solicit any information for him from your NFL contacts at any point?

No. My personal opinion is I think he’s a tremendous football player and a tremendous athlete. I think it’s very risky to do this. Having been on that side, there’s going to be a lot of speculation as to what position he plays and where he fits. And as I told Myles on Sunday, NFL teams are very, very conservative, and if there’s any question whatsoever, they’ll pass on you in a hearbeat. They’re going to take the sure thing. I explained that to him but I feel like they’d already made their decision. And so like I said, I hope it works out best for him. But as a guy that’s spent half of my life in the NFL, I would move with great caution. And I would tell that to all our players.

Did you think he’d leave this year anyway?

If he played all year I was thinking that we wouldn’t (have him for next year). But when you only play in three games, and that’s all the tape they have on you for your junior year, you know I’ve been in 25 draft rooms and I’ve never seen a guy taken off of that. So I worry about that for him. Because like I said I have a very personal relationship with Myles and his family and his mom and his little brother. We’ve very close. Obviously I want the best for him and I hope it all works out in a way that he plans for it to work out, I really do. And I think that he’ll get himself in great shape and get ready and get rehab and perform well at the combine and perform well in his individual workouts. It’s just a matter of: Do the scouts have enough game film to go off of? And they may, they may not. I mean that’s their decision, not mine. I just know that I’ve never seen it, so it’s kind of a new role for me. Pro coaches and pro scouts want to see tape. They want to see football. Myles, his talent is without question. He’s extremely talented, incredible athlete, plays with great energy and great passion, and great emotion, and can do so many different things. I hope that he’s put enough out there that they can get a true evaluation, because if they can’t, they’re not going to take you. They’re just not, they don’t take on speculation in the first round. Maybe in later rounds, you can take a flyer on a guy, but there’s no such thing as an NFL GM who takes a flyer on a first rounder. I’ve never heard that.
Scummy Dick Douglas

^ not nearly as controversial when seen/heard in its entirety. Thanks
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Myles also took out a 5 million dollar policy before this past season. It's a first round guarantee policy so if he falls out of the first round, he can collect. So coming back really doesnt do anything for him
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

MrBug708 wrote:Myles also took out a 5 million dollar policy before this past season. It's a first round guarantee policy so if he falls out of the first round, he can collect. So coming back really doesn't do anything for him
Bug, I don't blame Myles Jack for looking out for # 1. All of these kids in all sports are just pieces of meat to the universities to make millions.

Additionally most fans still cling to the nonsense that any modern day college sports, especially football and basketball are still amateur in nature.

I just laugh at that shallow nonsense.

Myles Jack looking out for Myles Jack is precisely what he should be doing.

Modern day universities are just like the military. When your time is done or your body is broken and used up, you become invisible and unknown to them.

F**k the schools APR too, football and basketball star athletes don't owe the schools anything with everyone getting rich with million dollar contracts on the backs of kids.

Gronk was right in doing what he did and I hope Scooby looks out for himself as well because Scooby is much more of a tweener and not a sure fire NFL'r as much as some think.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Good take. I dont have a problem with him leaving. He was going to leave anyways at the end of the season
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Bug my basic point was this kid at the age of 19-20 years old has already damaged his body and the school and coaches made millions while he was wearing their colors. Granted he did it doing something he loves to do, but this will effect him when he gets older for sure.

Guys like Mora and all the rest of these massively paid coaches don't get any tears from me.

Myles Jack bank account probably has $20 dollars in it while an asshat like Mora's likely has $20 Million in it.

So Mora may have an APR issue.........deal with it!
Last edited by Gladiator Cat on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Ok
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

MrBug708 wrote:Ok
Bug I'm not picking on UCLA. This applies across the board for me.

You can plug in any school name you want.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I know. None of this is groundbreaking and I agree with it all
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So Jack gets 5M if he drops out of the first round but can still get drafted and make decent bank. Sounds like the perfect decision to me. I think I would love to be a second round pick in his situation. Win both ways
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

http://gojoebruin.com/2015/10/06/myles- ... the-press/" target="_blank

Pretty good read on the whole Mora/Jack thing. Mora probably could use some prep time before speaking to see how he could spin things when speaking. He's never going to live down the Olindo Mare thing. You reap what you sow I suppose
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

MrBug708 wrote:
gumby wrote:
Not at all. It's an article about a school that name drops Myles Jack. It basically infers Myles didn't do any work while he was there. Unless you want to argue that ucla is easier than a high school. Well, not only easier but to the point where yes makes the Dean's list at ucla but wouldn't become eligible at a normal high school.

He's a dropout.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

At the end of the day UCLA is no different than ASSU or the UofA. They will do anything to key the high profile key players alive and well and eligible on paper.

Remember this is not amateur athletics. Major college sports is semi-professional entertainment in every way. And the millions that flow to the schools must be protected at all costs.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Gladiator Cat wrote:At the end of the day UCLA is no different than ASSU or the UofA. They will do anything to key the high profile key players alive and well and eligible on paper.

Remember this is not amateur athletics. Major college sports is semi-professional entertainment in every way. And the millions that flow to the schools must be protected at all costs.
Yup....and it is cute when the bruin fans think that it is somehow special or different with them... as they talk about UCLA with their noses up in the air.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

gumby wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
gumby wrote:

He's a dropout.
College? Ya. He was on Mike and Mike this morning and said the crutches made it hard to get to all his classes. He also said he was going to rehab and train in Arizona
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

gumby wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
gumby wrote:

He's a dropout.
College? Ya. He was on Mike and Mike this morning and said the crutches made it hard to get to all his classes. He also said he was going to rehab and train in Arizona
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Gladiator Cat wrote:At the end of the day UCLA is no different than ASSU or the UofA. They will do anything to key the high profile key players alive and well and eligible on paper.

Ucla did a crappy job on keeping players healthy and eligible this season
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

MrBug708 wrote:
gumby wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
gumby wrote:

He's a dropout.
Come on, Bug, is this the student-athlete version of "there's too much traffic to get to Pauley on time"?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

You're right. Let me track down Myles Jack and let him know he's full of shit and to come up with more reasons.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:You're right. Let me track down Myles Jack and let him know he's full of shit and to come up with more reasons.
Shouldn't be tough. The crutches apparently render him incapable of leaving his home.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I was on crutches for three months of my Junior year, I was able to make it to class just fine. Arizona's campus must be more handicap accessible, seems like an ADA issue in Westwood.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

MrBug708 wrote:You're right. Let me track down Myles Jack and let him know he's full of shit and to come up with more reasons.
Actually, I was being nice asking a question and not pulling the predictable snark like most of the other posters.

I wasn't trying to be "right" or "wrong" about anything, so you went there instead of just sharing what you thought about the situation.

I just find it hard to believe you and other UCLA fans would accept that as an excuse for any player dropping out of school before getting his diploma. Maybe I'm giving you guys too much credit, though.
Scummy Dick Douglas

catgrad97 wrote:
Actually, I was being nice asking a question and not pulling the predictable snark like most of the other posters.

I wasn't trying to be "right" or "wrong" about anything, so you went there instead of just sharing what you thought about the situation.

I just find it hard to believe you and other UCLA fans would accept that as an excuse for any player dropping out of school before getting his diploma. Maybe I'm giving you guys too much credit, though.
What does it matter if UCLA fans accept it? The kid is going pro. There are plenty of reasons for him to make this move. Whether fans accept it or not is a irrelevant. The kid gave them 2+ years of lights out football, and attracted tons of positive attention to the program. Where is the controversy?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

catgrad97 wrote:

It doesn't bother me that he left school. He wasn't coming back this season and he was never staying for his 4th year. The only thing that changes is the effect on APR and he'll be in the stands instead of the sideline
azgreg

I didn't want to start another thread

Post by azgreg »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Cant imagine he'll be back.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I don't see anything wrong with that Jack decided to do. He was gone after this year anyways, so why not spend every waking hour trying get better and in football shape for the draft?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »