Problems at Texas A&M

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Problems at Texas A&M

Post by Chicat »

Second Scottsdale QB in last 4 years to go to a big Texas school and then to transfer.

Wonder if he's headed to ASSU.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Scummy Dick Douglas

Re: Kyle Allen transferring from A&M

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Chicat wrote:Second Scottsdale QB in last 4 years to go to a big Texas school and then to transfer.

Wonder if he's headed to ASSU.
Highly unlikely. If he goes anywhere in the PAC i think Cal is his best bet
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

So what that suppose to really mean that most of the top Arizona prospect don't pan out at a bigger school but to turn down an Arizona schools because their not better quality enough to attract.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

My first instinct when I heard he was transferring was . . .Michigan
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:So what that suppose to really mean that most of the top Arizona prospect don't pan out at a bigger school but to turn down an Arizona schools because their not better quality enough to attract.
No, it does not mean that at all - unless you want to make sweeping generalization based on 2 data points. Brewer was pretty much a bust, but I am not sure I would classify Allen that way, certainly not yet. He played and started a lot his first 2 years, and had moments both good & bad - he just happens to see the writing on the wall with an exceptionally talented player a class behind him.

There have been a number of AZ kids that went out of state for college and ended up pretty high draft picks over the last several years. Not sure if your angle was "AZ HS talent does not pan out", but it's not accurate. Some highly rated kids just don't turn out as expected - no matter where they are from.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Frybry02 wrote:My first instinct when I heard he was transferring was . . .Michigan
Interesting thought... Would not be a bad move.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

cordera89 wrote:So what that suppose to really mean that most of the top Arizona prospect don't pan out at a bigger school but to turn down an Arizona schools because their not better quality enough to attract.
Allen has all the tools. A&M couldn't keep him upright and healthy as well as running an offense totally unsuited to his skills. He's athletic but rolling him out and run/pass option just isn't his deal.

Brewer got caught in a dumpster fire, but isn't close to the same type of prospect.

Would love to see him at Texas but I'm guessing 100% chance A&M blocks that.
Last edited by the real dill on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

the real dill wrote:
Allen has all the tools. A&M couldn't keep him upright and healthy as well as running an offense totally unsuited to his skills. He's athletic but rolling him out and run/pass option just isn't his deal.

Brewer got caught in a dumpster fire, but isn't close to the same type of prospect.
You think there is any chance Allen considers Texas?
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Harvey Specter wrote:
the real dill wrote:

I think I edited my above post while you were posting.

Trevor Knight transferring too, but likely also blocked from Texas.

Feldman is saying OU for Allen. Weak.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Harvey Specter wrote:
No, it does not mean that at all - unless you want to make sweeping generalization based on 2 data points. Brewer was pretty much a bust, but I am not sure I would classify Allen that way, certainly not yet. He played and started a lot his first 2 years, and had moments both good & bad - he just happens to see the writing on the wall with an exceptionally talented player a class behind him.

There have been a number of AZ kids that went out of state for college and ended up pretty high draft picks over the last several years. Not sure if your angle was "AZ HS talent does not pan out", but it's not accurate. Some highly rated kids just don't turn out as expected - no matter where they are from.
Allen likely would have been the starter again next year. He isn't transferring because of another incoming QB. He is transferring because Sumlin has created an absolute shit show. Don't be surprised if this is just the start. The locker room is fractured, particularly on offense.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Allen likely would have been the starter again next year. He isn't transferring because of another incoming QB. He is transferring because Sumlin has created an absolute shit show. Don't be surprised if this is just the start. The locker room is fractured, particularly on offense.
Right or wrong, Murray is starting next year. That is the biggest part of the shitshow, Allen is s better but wasn't going to get a chance.
Scummy Dick Douglas

the real dill wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Right or wrong, Murray is starting next year. That is the biggest part of the shitshow, Allen is s better but wasn't going to get a chance.
Allen would have started next year. Murray is playing baseball all spring and into the summer on a squad that should get to the CWS. (Baseball is his better sport).
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

the real dill wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Allen would have started next year. Murray is playing baseball all spring and into the summer on a squad that should get to the CWS. (Baseball is his better sport).
Correct on baseball. Incorrect on football. Murray has been promised some things. Fact. I have a pretty good guy on this. However, same guy says if said promise isn't reiterated, Murray may leave. As of now, Murray has been promised the start game 1 next year, and the A&M staff was open with Allen about it.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

That's why Trent Dilfer is an ass
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Saw that coming
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RR sure loves collecting QBs.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I doubt Arizona would have a shot at him but there's no harm in RichRod making the call. Assuming Solomon is healthy and goes into 2017 as the starter then it's Solomon, Dawkins, Tate, Modster, Werlinger. Allen would have to fight to break that rotation.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Unless he really doesnt fit into the system, he'd be the guy after Anu
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Apparently he is a sit in the pocket pro style passer which is not RR's system, so maybe it's just a courtesy call.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

MrBug708 wrote:Unless he really doesnt fit into the system, he'd be the guy after Anu
Or the guy Anu's senior season...

Does not seem like a fit for us, and could raise eyebrows from Modster/ Tate. I just don't see that happening for either party.

If we start collecting QB's again I hope we can keep a few. All the highly rated transfers in we snagged never amounted to much, if anything.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Harvey Specter wrote:All the highly rated transfers in we snagged never amounted to much, if anything.
Seriously. Jerrard Randall demoted to 3rd string. Connor Brewer ended up transferring out after transferring in. Jesse Scroggins got more action from running into the team bus door than he did on the field, and couldn't even beat out zero star BJ Denker.

Randall, Brewer and Scroggins all top rated QBs that transferred in and really didn't make an impact. Randall did have some great runs though.

Not even sure if Tom Savage the Rutgers transfer should be listed.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Merkin wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:All the highly rated transfers in we snagged never amounted to much, if anything.
Seriously. Jerrard Randall demoted to 3rd string. Connor Brewer ended up transferring out after transferring in. Jesse Scroggins got more action from running into the team bus door than he did on the field, and couldn't even beat out zero star BJ Denker.

Randall, Brewer and Scroggins all top rated QBs that transferred in and really didn't make an impact. Randall did have some great runs though.

John Rattay
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Denker sighting at TAMU.

http://www.12thman.com/coaches.aspx?rc= ... h=football" target="_blank
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Merkin wrote:

Cayleb Jones has done alright
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Wow. Murray is out too. Nothing like losing and causing a lockerroom divide by promising a kid a starting job only to have him bolt after 1 year.

Scummy Dick Douglas

the real dill wrote:Wow. Murray is out too. Nothing like losing and causing a lockerroom divide by promising a kid a starting job only to have him bolt after 1 year.

So when you said you have a "pretty good guy on this", you really meant you went to texags.com?
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

the real dill wrote:Wow. Murray is out too. Nothing like losing and causing a lockerroom divide by promising a kid a starting job only to have him bolt after 1 year.

So when you said you have a "pretty good guy on this", you really meant you went to texags.com?
No. The guy in the office next to mine has a son starting on their OL. I consider that pretty close to the program. It's not a big secret. It's been reported by Orangebloods, Texags, Gigem, etc. Allen was told he was competing for the back-up spot and everyone on the team knew about it. I'm not claiming I'm some inside reporter. I just happen to work with the dad of a player.

FWIW, Gigem is saying Christian Kirk and Speedy Noil may be gone too, but my buddy said that would be knews to him.

Scummy Dick Douglas

the real dill wrote:

No. The guy in the office next to mine has a son starting on their OL. I consider that pretty close to the program. It's not a big secret. It's been reported by Orangebloods, Texags, Gigem, etc. Allen was told he was competing for the back-up spot and everyone on the team knew about it. I'm not claiming I'm some inside reporter. I just happen to work with the dad of a player.

FWIW, Gigem is saying Christian Kirk and Speedy Noil may be gone too, but my buddy said that would be knews to him.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LopezOnSports/statu ... 0688[tweet]

i have been hearing Speedy is gonna leave, but Kirk would be shocking. Kid just won SEC Freshman of the year honors. I guess having both your QB's bounce will encourage second thoughts though
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Fishclamps wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Cayleb Jones has done alright
#NotAQuarterback
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

[​IMG] Originally Posted by nope [​IMG]
kevin murray just followed the twitter accts of ou, ttech, texas, tcu, and oregon football
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So anyone know what the issue is? "Sumlin lost the team" is a little vague.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat wrote:So anyone know what the issue is? "Sumlin lost the team" is a little vague.
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/10/25/ ... ams-trust/" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

the real dill wrote:
Chicat wrote:So anyone know what the issue is? "Sumlin lost the team" is a little vague.
Yikes! What a mess.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

the real dill wrote:
Ahhhhh.....

:o :shock: :o :shock:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

the real dill wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
the real dill wrote:

I think I edited my above post while you were posting.

Trevor Knight transferring too, but likely also blocked from Texas.

Feldman is saying OU for Allen. Weak.

My son's team was at a passing league tournament in Flagstaff when Allen was playing for Desert Mountain. I asked him how he looked, and he
said he was overrated, that the big 6'5" WR Mark Andrews made him look better than he was. He's at OU now.

Guess they are getting the band back together.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Merkin wrote:
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving fanbase. Ass To Mouth fans are like ASSU fans on megaroids. Just absolutely clueless and obnoxious.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

splitsecond wrote:Couldn't have happened to a more deserving fanbase. Ass To Mouth fans are like ASSU fans on megaroids. Just absolutely clueless and obnoxious.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

Do we want Murray?
Scummy Dick Douglas

AZarchery wrote:Do we want Murray?
I wouldn't. Kid is 5'8 and fragile. There is no way he is making it through a whole season healthy playing D1 football. If he is smart he is going to focus on baseball where his ceiling is much, much higher.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
splitsecond wrote:Couldn't have happened to a more deserving fanbase. Ass To Mouth fans are like ASSU fans on megaroids. Just absolutely clueless and obnoxious.
:lol:
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

AZarchery wrote:Do we want Murray?

You get Murray, you get his awesome dad as well. Plus, read a lot about him going to JC and then in the MLB Draft. Kyle Allen, well that is a whole other story.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Good thing we don't want him, cuz we are not getting him anyway.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Didn't we offer Kyle Allen?

I could see him ending up at Memphis with Mike Norvell.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

splitsecond wrote:Didn't we offer Kyle Allen?
He was offered, but read (maybe here?) that the UA offer was just to answer the question: Why didn't you offer AZ player Kyle Allen?

although there was no mutual interest due to different styles of QBs.