Problems at Texas A&M

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: Kyle Allen transferring from A&M

Post by Harvey Specter »

Merkin wrote:
splitsecond wrote:Didn't we offer Kyle Allen?
He was offered, but read (maybe here?) that the UA offer was just to answer the question: Why didn't you offer AZ player Kyle Allen?

although there was no mutual interest due to different styles of QBs.

I am sure I am missing a few, but the only 3 real highly rated QB's I remember hailing from AZ are Hundley, Brewer, and Allen. I'd say that is 1 for 2 with the 3rd yet TBD.

That is probably not all that different from the general elite QB population. You want to talk about a long and illustrious group of highly rated QB busts, then Notre Dame stands alone, far ahead of the pack.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

the real dill wrote:Wow. Murray is out too. Nothing like losing and causing a lockerroom divide by promising a kid a starting job only to have him bolt after 1 year.

Murray to OU
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

It's going to be reasonably humorous when Kyler plays baseball this spring and next and then goes to the MLB draft without ever playing a snap for the Sooners.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

SCCats wrote:It's going to be reasonably humorous when Kyler plays baseball this spring and next and then goes to the MLB draft without ever playing a snap for the Sooners.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I definitely read he will not be eligible to play baseball this spring.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I think that's correct. He needs to sit out a year before eligible for any sports at a different school.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

From the NCAA transfer guide:

http://www.ncaapublications.com/product ... NE2014.pdf" target="_blank

In Division I, a transfer student-athlete in the sports of baseball and basketball
who initially enrolls at the certifying institution as a full-time student for the spring term shall not be eligible
to compete until the next academic year (i.e., fall term).

So it reads like he will be available to play baseball when the season starts in February 2017 since the academic term starts in Fall 2016.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Kyle Allen at Ohio State practice today. It's the dead period so no contact with coaches
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

the real dill wrote:
Huh? :?:

That makes zero sense to me.... He'll never play a down with Herman as the head coach. Unless he was assured that the OC is the HC in waiting, I do not get this move at all.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Harvey Specter wrote:
the real dill wrote:
Huh? :?:

That makes zero sense to me.... He'll never play a down with Herman as the head coach. Unless he was assured that the OC is the HC in waiting, I do not get this move at all.
It would surprise me at all if Applewhite is essentially HCIW, and the way they are recruiting makes me think a very specific plan is being laid our for recruits. I agree with you on Herman. He is either P5 or NFL in the very near future.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

What role does baseball play at Houston?
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

You have to think that Allen knows the deal before he commits to Houston whether Herman will be there or not.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:
I didn't realize the whole story behind this...
Alieberman

Re: Problems at Texas A&M

Post by Alieberman »

Have people really not figured out how awful twitter can be?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:Have people really not figured out how awful twitter can be?
The funny thing is how often these coaches are warning recruits and players about their social media, or combing through their Instagram to find some reason to eliminate a kid . . . and then they turn around and are just as big of idiots on their own feeds.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:Have people really not figured out how awful twitter can be?
The funny thing is how often these coaches are warning recruits and players about their social media, or combing through their Instagram to find some reason to eliminate a kid . . . and then they turn around and are just as big of idiots on their own feeds.
You know Sumlin can't be happy about this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/texas-m-co ... ncaaf.html" target="_blank
On Thursday, Moorehead posted an apology to ''all the young men in high school who work so hard to achieve their dreams of playing college football ...''

He also apologized to Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin.

Sumlin said on the teleconference with reporters that he discussed the situation with Moorehead.

''He's taken responsibility for his actions, and we'll move on from there,'' Sumlin said.

Sumlin didn't say if there would be any punishment for Moorehead, but was asked if he had a social media policy for his assistant coaches.

''Our policy has been abuse the privilege, lose the privilege. Put it that way,'' Sumlin said.