Ol Miss

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Ol Miss

Post by Chicat »

Looks like this Laremy Tunsil social media hack situation is going to bring down Hugh Freeze and Ol' Miss.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
the real dill

Re: Ol Miss

Post by the real dill »

His stepdad is going scorched earth

http://deadspin.com/laremy-tunsil-s-acc ... 1773721598" target="_blank
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Apparently his stepdad posted it and has been shopping it to sites for months. Tunsil intervened in a domestic dispute between his mom and stepdad and beat the shit out of the stepdad. The stepdad also filed a defamation suit. The video is from HS and Tunsil hasn't failed any drug tests in college.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Does Freeze get fired before the night is over? Is he still in the building?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Does Nkemdiche or Freeze jump out a window first?
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat wrote: Does Freeze get fired before the night is over? Is he still in the building?
SEC. This is lightweight shit.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I mean...we all knew that Freeze must've been handing out sacks of cash considering the talent he got to go to Ole miss the last few years
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Holy shit this is a crazy story.

We all know it happens, but damn, out in public like this...
UALoco

Ole' Miss Recruiting

Post by UALoco »

I posted on one of the pay sites and I'll post here as well. I am LMFAO with the Tunsil recruiting revelations. Suck it Shea Patterson and your brother. I truly hope nothing like that is happening in Tucson.
scumdevils86

Re: Ole' Miss Recruiting

Post by scumdevils86 »

I believe it happens to some extent at every major FBS level school. Just not at the volume and frequency as the SEC.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ACC basketball (see UNC) and SEC football are the golden children of the NCAA. They go by a different sets of rules for them.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I remember arguing a long time ago with some Penn St. guys saying everybody cheats, it's just to what degree.

"Not Joe Pa!", they said.

Yeah, he just protected child molesters...
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merged threads.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Why would you keep stuff like that in a DM? And why would you not delete it right after?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Two notes on this story, 1. It was so beyond blatant that Ole Miss was big time cheating when a bottom of the pack SEC team in a shitty location with a confederate flag as their school flag somehow pulls the #1 WR (from IL) the #1 OT (from FL) and the #1 DT and overall (from GA) in the same recruiting class from all over the country. 2. Let's be honest, nothing will come of this. Its SEC football. This is like UNC basketball; someone will pay for their violations, just not them. Most likely a Pac 12 team will give a recruit a donut and get the death penalty.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My only hope is that Laremy Tunsil is not painted as a bad person. Here's a guy who did stupid high school shit and then tried to keep his mom's lights on and her from being evicted. And then on the biggest night of his life a vindictive piece of shit cost him millions in future earnings while Laremy handled it very much as a stand-up, mature adult. I'm rooting for him big time. Anyone who wants to use this to bring him down personally is a shit.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Chicat wrote:My only hope is that Laremy Tunsil is not painted as a bad person. Here's a guy who did stupid high school shit and then tried to keep his mom's lights on and her from being evicted. And then on the biggest night of his life a vindictive piece of shit cost him millions in future earnings while Laremy handled it very much as a stand-up, mature adult. I'm rooting for him big time. Anyone who wants to use this to bring him down personally is a shit.
I thought he handled the whole situation as good as you could hope, yet somehow Todd McShay called him immature for how he handled it. Todd McShay needs to learn is he is essentially only there as a face for Mel Kiper's actual insight and he should leave the analysis to the...well anyone but him.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:My only hope is that Laremy Tunsil is not painted as a bad person. Here's a guy who did stupid high school shit and then tried to keep his mom's lights on and her from being evicted. And then on the biggest night of his life a vindictive piece of shit cost him millions in future earnings while Laremy handled it very much as a stand-up, mature adult. I'm rooting for him big time. Anyone who wants to use this to bring him down personally is a shit.
I think he deserves as much criticism as anyone who took money for playing college ball. In fairness, I also believe college players should be allowed to take money for playing college ball. The marijuana...look, a lot of people do that.

So, personally, if this is anything, it's him not following rules that really shouldn't be rules to begin with. But they are. If I had to lodge a personal criticism of Tunsil, I'd look at the DV stuff way before last night.

The real bad guy in this is whoever timed out the leaks to trash him for the draft. That's just personal, vindictive, petty and mean. That person (stepdad, most likely) deserves to get the criticism for last night.